(SE) i like your voice
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
I wanna make A color that no one else has seen before
When you're just looking for a conversation, the Halenani isn't exactly the first place that might come to mind. But specifics, okay. Aurelia's here to meet someone who she knows stays here, works here, and generally is here. It's only a little embarrassing your first time walking in, especially since the receptionist is used to people looking for one thing and one thing only.

"I'm... looking for someone who goes by the name Maeve?" Aurelia says, voice quiet, but her eyes don't ever fully land on the person at the front. She's looking around at her perfectly-white surroundings, scanning for faces she knows - or maybe just one she knows. "I- uhm.. I just want to talk, if that's okay... I brought her some food...?" She adds, holding up a bottle of spiced rum and a parcel that gives off the aroma of warm food. It'd be her 'payment', because she wouldn't want to take up Maeve's time without at least offering her... something.

So when the receptionist lets her past, Aurelia's at a bit of a loss and sort of meanders about awkwardly, hoping Maeve would just... kind of appear, save her the pain or save her from getting swept away by one of the other workers here. Which, knowing Aurelia, isn't entirely impossible...
I wanna be so much more
Aurelia
code credits go to Skylark!<3
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
MAEVE
Maeve isn't really working today. Another day off. That happens when you get thrown to another part of the Wilds for a second fucking time. She's tired. Exhausted. Her whole body aches and she just wants to relax. So when she passes through the main lobby of the Halenani, it isn't with the intention of socializing. Except she sees a familiar head of curls and tan skin that makes her slow down. Maeve's expression is one of surprise and she pauses to tie her robe closed. "My, my, my... Isn't this a pleasant surprise."

She's smiling, eyes lighting up for the first time in what seems like days as she approaches. Her hair is shorter than the last time Aurelia saw her. Much shorter. She has curls on her own. Silky and falling in perfect waves around her face. Maeve lets her eyes run over the taller girl, not hiding the fact either. She's even prettier in the light. What a shame their first meeting had to be in the dark of LongNight. It isn't until her eyes land on the bottle of rum and little parcel that her brow raises.

"What's this? A little something for me?" The smaller girl approaches her, stepping close into her space as she cocks her head to the side. "I'm not on the floor right now.. Which is lucky for you. Means you have me all to yourself."
A pretty face
Doesn't mean a pretty heart
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Aurelia turns to face the familiar sound of Maeve's voice, but she does a double take because her hair is... gone!? Her dark, shapely brows furrow in toward her nose. She hasn't forgotten that she'd made up an excuse for not being able to see Maeve before the Ark took off. She's well aware that she might have to explain that part, but she's sort of rehearsed that bit out beforehand.

"I hope you like soup? I thought... maybe you would be hungry. I know I always am," she chuckles, almost nervously, but she's trying to be light. Still feeling a little awkward, Aurelia takes an inoffensive, tiny step backwards to allow a little breathing room and offers the warm parcel first. The bottle, she keeps in her other hand, perhaps because she'd really like to take a drink from it by now.

"I actually do need to talk to you about something, if you don't mind..." she admits, friendliness fading into something more serious. Her gaze, distractedly, rakes over Maeve's shorter locks again and she shakes her head, "I'm sorry- did you cut your hair? I thought it was longer."
I wanna be so much more
Aurelia
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
MAEVE
The question makes her brows raise and the smile grows a little wider as she reaches for the small parcel, taking it in both hands for a moment, "I was actually heading back to the kitchen to get a meal. You have perfect timing." Maeve laughs softly, noting the step back, but not taking offense to it. Obviously things wouldn't be exactly how they were the night they met. After all, they don't even really know each other and it doesn't seem like Aurelia is actually here for sex like everyone else.

Again, Maeve isn't offended by that either. She's not working and she could use an easy night. Maybe this is just what she needs after everything. However the shift in Aurelia's expression does make her take pause and her smile lessens just slightly. "Oh.. Okay. I'd love to talk. We can go up to my room." She begins, but falters when Aurelia mentions her hair and her cheeks flush, a hand flying up to the shorter locks. Her heart races, nerves fluttering in her belly. What if she doesn't like it?

She suddenly seems much more shy than she was five seconds ago and her lip finds its way between her teeth in what appears to be a nervous habit. "Uh.. Yeah. It was longer before. Almost all the way to the small of my back, but I had a bit of a mishap since I last saw you." A few mishaps if she's being honest. Maeve reaches forward to take her hand lightly, intent on leading her upstairs. "We can talk about it upstairs. If you would be so inclined." It is clearly an invitation and not an expectation. Her steps are slow and her grip barely there to give Aurelia a chance to pull away if she wishes.
A pretty face
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia lets out a soft breath, relieved that the food is appreciated at least, taking a moment to appreciate Maeve's relaxed, kinder nature. It's a welcome difference in comparison to the more rugged personalities Aurelia is used to. She's also glad that Maeve seems to take the situation in stride, awkward as it feels. Things might be fine, this may not be wrong even if she wants more than to talk, but something about it all is difficult for her to entirely wrap her head around.

Cheeks flush at the notice of her shorter hair and Aurelia's expression softens from the noticeable confusion. Her gaze follows Maeve's words down to the small of her back, trying to imagine the long, flowing hair she'd only ever had the chance to see once. Instead, she probably looks like she's getting an eyeful. Maybe. It's when Maeve announces a 'mishap' that Aurelia actually notices the bruising along her temple, evidence of something that makes the tiny hairs along the back of her neck raise up. Her brows furrow once again and her lips form a tight frown. If she were a cat, she might bristle with suspicion.

But Maeve reaches forward for her free, open hand, and brings Aurelia out of her protective stupor before she can say something that would probably be overreactive. She follows, letting Maeve keep her hand because she's not really consciously thinking about whether that's fine or not. "It looks nice," Aurelia finally remarks quietly, glancing over her hair as they walk up the stairs.

That's all she says until they reach Maeve's room, though, and she's not really ready to smile and encourage yet because she is wondering what exactly happened to Maeve - and why she hadn't been called on, considering she'd offered her protection before. So it's as they enter the room that Aurelia gently pulls her hand back and tries to figure out where she wants to start.

Everything she needs to say kind of falls away for the moment as concern worms its way into her green eyes. She gives a moment for Maeve to... get comfortable in her own space before she lingers a little closer. "What happened here?" She gently touches the space around the bruise with one of her fingers, letting her gaze take in the state of Maeve's face, hair, eyes; trying to determine if there's something else amiss. "and what happened to your hair?" What exactly mishap'd?
I wanna be so much more
Aurelia
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
MAEVE
Aurelia's eyes slip along her body and Maeve thinks that she could be checking her out. It's brighter in here than it was the night they met. The sconces and various candles filling the room with soft light. Her body is clothed in what looks to be a satin robe, tied closed at her waist, but it's clear she is in some kind of sleepwear. How much is actually covered is to be determined.  

She doesn't miss the frown or the way her expression hardens when she finally notices the bruising at her temple. It's fading and the cut is healing nicely, but it is still fairly prominent against her pale skin. The soft compliment eases her nerves and her smile is back as she leads Aurelia up the back stairs towards her room. "Thank you.."

The interior of her space is different from the main floor of the Halenani. Where it is decorated in stark whites from floor to ceiling; Maeve's space is more fitting to her. She still have the same white furniture, but the linens have been exchanged for colors of purple, red, and black in various different fabrics. Maeve sets the parcel on a small table fitted with two chairs before she's turning back to face the other woman.

Her touch isn't unwelcome. Nor does it make her flinch when the smuggler's fingertips gently brush across the bruise. She lets out a nervous laugh, embarrassment for how she got that particular bruise creeping back in. That was the least worrying part about the event if she was being honest. It still made her cheeks flush either way. "It really isn't anything to be concerned about. I, uh, had a run in with some particularly cruel vines up by Wishtide. They made me fall into the stream and I hit my head on a rock. It's really nothing."

She looks up at her from beneath her lashes before letting her eyes drop, reaching up to tuck a stray curl behind her ear when Aurelia mentions her hair. "Which, that would have been bad enough on its on, but some guy there came over to help me and when he touched me we kind of.. Teleported? I don't really know what happened, but we ended up in the tar pits and my hair suffered. I tried to wash it all out, but it was caked in for a least three days before we got to the Grounds and could take a portal back. By that point it was too late. I had to cut it off."

Maeve doesn't mention that Locke helped her to cut it or anything that happened after that. She just wants to forget that part. Forget about him. Why should she even bother thinking of him when Aurelia is here with soup and soft eyes and genuine concern for her well being? She has no reason to even let him cross her mind. So she pushes him far away and instead turns all of her attention to the other woman.

She reaches up, catching her wrist and letting her thumb brush across the inside of it gently, "I'm okay. Really. Just had a bit of bad luck."
A pretty face
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
The room has a darker appeal to it that Aurelia hadn't realized she'd like. She gives a cursory glance around at all of the darker satins that seep over the bright, white furnitures of the Halenani. It's draws her in like a soft, beckoning... void and for a split second she almost wants to give in, but again, she's not here for that. Is this point getting redundant or does she just have to keep reminding herself of it?

She awaits Maeve's answer with tense silence, working the inside of her bottom lip between her teeth. Her expression is neutral and her gaze drifts towards the table - though, she's moreso staring through it than at it - as she listens. It's hard for her not to openly react to every detail since usually she is extremely expressive.

At first, she's a little frustrated. Why hadn't she sent for her? Why would she go out into the Wilds alone, even knowing that she's not much of a fighter, knowing that she wouldn't really know how to defend herself from danger. But, as Maeve's hand eases over her wrist, Aurelia pushes down her stream of confused, accusing questions. Maeve is her own person, capable of making her own decisions, and even if she got a little scraped up, she is fine. In fact, a bruise and a cut and some damaged hair? That's nothing.

Aurelia lets out a laugh, a light laugh but a laugh all the same. "You call that bad luck?" She finally manages, feeling a little more at ease now that she knows Maeve didn't.. you know, get attacked or something. "I'd say you're fortunate that's all that happened to you." Under the light, Maeve might be able to make out the myriad of scars that pucker over Aurelia's arms, down one side of her neck to cover the length of her shoulder. It's no wonder she laughs, though she does make an effort not to laugh at Maeve.

"Hey. I'm glad you're okay," she states more earnestly, gently. She suddenly brings her arm around the woman's shoulders to wrap her into a firm hug. Seems like she could use one. Aurelia lets it last for a few moments before she pulls away and gestures towards the table, "Come on, your soup will get cold."

So long as that's alright, Aurelia will settle into the seat across from her and give her a moment to get into her food. It's a steaming bowl of spring veggies and chunks of meat; a simple dish, nothing gourmet. But it's been spiced well and the broth is rich. She hopes Maeve will like it.

"So... you were teleported with this stranger... was he the one that did it? Did you teach him a lesson? Or is that something you saved for me to do?" She asks curiously with a clever smile, resting her cheek against her palm to listen with keen interest.
I wanna be so much more
Aurelia
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
MAEVE
The reaction earns her a pout. Plush bottom lip pushing out as her brows knit together, a huff of breath leaving her as she crosses her arms over her chest. "It was scary, okay? I was up to my tits in tar and the person I was with really didn't want to help me. I thought he was just going to leave me there." It's true. She doesn't even have his name. Just what he looks like. While the boy did help and assisted in getting her home, their relationship didn't exactly improve over the course of the trip.

Her eyes dip down to the woman's bare arms and she lets them trace over each scar that covered her skin. Part of her wants to reach out and run her fingers over them. To see if she has more than just the ones she can see. Except Aurelia doesn't seem to be here for that, so she doesn't let herself linger on the thoughts for too long. Before she has even a second more to think about that, the taller girl is tugging her into a hug and Maeve simply melts.

She brings her arms up around her waist, letting her cheek rest lightly against her chest for the time that Aurelia holds her. It's nice and she wants to stay right there as the feeling of security washes over her. At the gentle prodding to eat, Maeve settles in one of the chairs, carefully unwrapping the soup. She hums as the smell rises up to meet her, eyes closing as she draws in a deep breath. "It smells wonderful. Thank you." Maeve dips a spoon into the rich broth, getting some meat and veggies onto it before bringing it up to take a bite.

The smile makes her laugh as she swallows the bite, shaking her head, "It wasn't him that did it. The Wilds just.. hiccupped. It actually happened twice. Once with him and again with Ronin. I'm starting to think I should just stay out of the Wilds all together. Although, had the other guy not helped me out of the tar, I was considering strangling him myself when I made it out."
A pretty face
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Her laughter builds a little as Maeve pouts and pipes up to defend herself, but it fades away - even if it has to be forced to. She watches Maeve take notice of her scars and thinks little of it, except that maybe it will create a bit more understanding. She doesn't shy away from the look, she never usually does. Sometimes, with Milo, she will, but... there are reasons for that. She wishes she could be someone else for him, sometimes. Someone better, someone less... damaged.

The warmth of their short-lived embrace is surprising, since Aurelia hadn't intended for it to feel as intimate. But, as Maeve's cheek nestles against her chest and she feels the gentle heat of breath sinking through her shirt, it does. So a slight blush crosses over the top of Aurelia's cheeks and she hopes distracting soup and asking Maeve to tell her more will hide her small fluster. She offers a brief smile and nod at Maeve's gratitude, watching how she savors the smell and that first bite. Aurelia feels hungry all over again even though she had plenty to eat earlier.

So she pulls out a soft pack and taps it against the table, focusing her down at it. "Do you mind if I smoke?" She pauses and lifts her brows in question, waiting for an answer before she makes any further move to pluck out a cigarette.

If all's well, she'll light one up and take a small puff as she comments on 'The Adventures of Goth Girl'. "Ronin, huh? How did that go? I imagine he tried to be helpful," it's a little humorous, reminded of the spunky/drunken/broody demi-god and their own little series of shenanigans. "Ronin and Other Guy. So you didn't catch his name, then. What did he look like? I might know him," she leans her elbow down on the table and smirks, though it's all just to poke fun.

"If you do go into the Wilds again, be sure to take me along, okay?" Her gaze shifts into something a little more serious, a small warning in her tone. "I don't offer my protection to just anybody, you know. I'm almost hurt you didn't want it." Her brows raise again and she leans back from the table with a decidedly unamused expression. But again, she's really only teasing even if she's being slightly honest, but she doesn't break the act yet just to see what Maeve will say.
I wanna be so much more
Aurelia
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
MAEVE
Maeve takes bites of her soup between words, slowly eating her soup and filling her belly with warmth. At the question, she shakes her head, "Go ahead." Maeve replies easily, taking another bite of soup as Aurelia fills the space with her own voice. Her nose wrinkles and she giggles, "He was helpful. We were able to get back faster because of him. He was... moody at the beginning, but warmed up." Maeve wipes her mouth, shifting in her seat to lean a little closer to Aurelia without realizing it.

"Rigby... That was his name. Scrawny, curly dark hair, and an almost constant sneer." She recalls, tapping her chin with a finger as her eyes rollup towards the ceiling in thought before they settle back on Aurelia. Maeve leans her cheek into her own palm and they've grown closer at the small table. She meets her eyes as the other woman scolds her, a soft flush rising to her cheeks, thoroughly chastised.

Her bottom lip goes back between her teeth and she peeks up at her from beneath her lashes, "I promise I won't go without you again." She replies sweetly, voice soft in the quiet of the room, "Can I make it up to you?" Maeve asks as she leans in closer, almost getting up onto her knees so she could close some of the distance between them.
A pretty face
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia nods, familiar with Ronin's internal dilemma. Perhaps not in a detailed, close way - but she knows that he's having some marital troubles. Or at least, he was. "Yeah, he seems to be that way lately. Maybe things have gotten better for him by now," she muses, a slightly hopeful tune in her words. In spite of his act against Sunjata, she does genuinely hope things will start looking up - for all of them that were involved in that fuckin' fiasco.

At the mention of Rigby, however, Aurelia's eyes widen and her grip around her cigarette tightens a little, paper crumpling beneath the pressure. "Rigby? The street rat?" She clarifies, a funny look on her face before she's grinning, "Oh, I bet you could take him. He's nothing but a wet sock."

Now, that's a fight she'd like to see. And yes, she would wager on Maeve as the victor. She may not like to fight, but Rigby is a little shit that's constantly got it coming to him.

Maeve's reaction to her scolding is better than she might've hoped for. For a moment, she might've expected some sort of sarcastic retort or a joke, but she's forgotten the eager-to-please nature of the woman that sits in front of her. That same nature that had captivated her attentions in the first place. Maybe because, deep down, she has the same inclinations just at a different pace. There's a sort of understanding that runs between them, something she can feel but not quite name.

So at first her expression falls into gentle surprise and all her eyes can do is flicker between Maeve's and Maeve's tempting, pouty lips. But she recovers better this time, more resolved and prepared this time. Instead of going for the bait, she offers a light-hearted chuckle. She'll still lean in, but with delicate fingers she places the cigarette between Maeve's lips, leaving her with that instead of something far better. For now, that's the best Aurelia can do.

"Maybe later," Aurelia says with a crooked smile that soon lowers, "but I still have something to tell you."

With that she leans back in her seat once more and levels Maeve with a serious gaze, one with no jokes or teases or flirting behind it. There's a short pause to let the friction still between them. "When I kissed you that night on the docks, it was a mistake. I already have someone in my life, and I shouldn't have risked my relationship. It was stupid of me, no matter how pretty you are. I knew it then and I still know it now. That's why I told you I wouldn't be able to see you again before the Ark set sail..." she begins, and yes it's a little harsh but she hopes she can make it better. Though she honestly doesn't know where to expect things to go at this point.

"But I couldn't lie to him. So I told him about our... moment," Her gaze flashes up towards Maeve's, letting the sentiment hang in the air, "and he's alright with it. I thought he would never forgive me but, he actually.. laughed about it. So I guess..." She's not sure what else to say, how to say it. How to tell Maeve that there's a reason she still came back even if she doesn't know how to navigate... this.
I wanna be so much more
Aurelia
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
MAEVE
The chuckle is warm, running down her spine and curling there. Her eyes flutter closed as Aurelia leans in and she waits for the moment her lips find hers again. She's thought about that kiss more than she would like to admit and she's eager to taste her lips again, but the feeling doesn't come. Instead she's met with the rasp of the paper filter of the cigarette and her eyes open. Disappointment sinks into her belly and she pouts, reaching up to take the cigarette between her fingers, drawing from it slowly only to blow the smoke back out. "You tease me." She accuses, huffing a little as she settles back into her own seat.

Then her eyes land back on Aurelia's face and instantly the air changes between them. It feels like the pleasant warmth that surrounded them has been sucked out and replaced with something far colder. Maeve licks her lips nervously, swallowing thickly as Aurelia begins to speak. Each word drops the temperature another degree and she deflates.

Her eyes fill with hurt and her shoulders slump as the light that seemed to play on her face only moments before starts to fade. She swallows thickly, eyes dropping to the table and her almost empty bowl of soup. "I see... A mistake..." It hadn't felt like a mistake. Not to Maeve. Her throat tightens and she feels she might cry. Was this just her lot in life? It seemed that way. She was destined to never be enough. To never be anyone's choice. It hurts more than she wants to admit.

Except Aurelia keeps talking and she's having a hard time making sense of what this means. Of what she's saying. Her brows knit together and her lips press into a thin line as she looks at her. A million different things run through her head all at once. If it was a mistake why was she here? Did she just come here to tell her that and leave? Surely she didn't just want to hurt her needlessly? She didn't seem the type, but... She keeps talking and her thoughts become even more jumbled. He was okay with it? He laughed about it and now she's here.

"You guess...?" Maeve prompts, voice even softer than before as uncertainty colors her words. The thing is, Maeve knows how to share. She would be okay with sharing. Truly. As long as she was wanted to. As long as Aurelia chose her too. She knows it might be silly to think that way, but she just wants something. To not be a girl who is used, but a girl who is wanted for more than what she can give in return for payment. That's all.

So she takes a shaky breath, deciding to be brave, "You guess you want to see what this is..?"
A pretty face
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Maeve's light dims and Aurelia knows it's her fault, she knows that the way she's going about everything is just one giant fucking mess. It's a lot messier than it needs to be at all, and for a moment she clenches her teeth as her guilt comes crashing in. It's her fault. The whole time she'd been so worried about hurting Milo, but instead it's Maeve - who clearly deserves better. And she wants to try to give that to her, now that she... actually can.

Guessing that she wants to see what this is a complete understatement and wouldn't encompass the entirety of how she feels. It would be a sorry way to approach this.

Trying to save the situation, Aurelia leans forward and her words come out in a desperate attempt, "I'm not trying to hurt your feelings, I just meant that that kiss was a mistake at the time. Because I didn't know it was fine, that it wouldn't destroy what I have with Milo or hurt him. I'm not trying to hurt anyone here. This isn't even your fault. Ugh, I'm sorry, I'm not good at this," she places her fingers against one temple and lets out a sigh, aggravated with herself. Opening her eyes, she glances back up. "I'm saying the next one doesn't have to be... a mistake. It won't be, I don't think this is a mistake now even though it felt like it before, does... does any of this make sense to you?" Her hands spread and she shrugs, aggravation replaced by something more akin to confusion, to worry, to panic, "Because it really kind of doesn't to me. I've never had this sort of relationship before, Maeve? Before him, I never even had much of anything with anyone. I don't know... I just know that I really don't want to lose him, but I also.. like you. But you barely know me and I won't blame you if you don't want to... get wrapped up in my bullshit." Her shoulders sink down and her eyes find a spot on the table, lips pursing. "That's what I wanted to tell you."
I wanna be so much more
Aurelia
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
MAEVE
It's a lot to take in. She's feeling a bit dizzy with the back and forth, but as Aurelia speaks it starts to make more sense. Her expression softens and even though she's nervous, she finds a small smile to offer her. It does make sense. In its own jumbled up way. What makes sense is the earnest light in Aurelia's eyes and the way she leans forward with intent of getting her words across. The way she cares. Cares about Milo. Cares about not hurting her. Cares about being clear that she wants more. A more that isn't mistake or a one time thing.

That's what makes sense to Maeve.

So the girl takes one of her hands and gives it a squeeze of reassurance. "I do want to know you, first off. Why wouldn't I want to know someone who so clearly cares about the people in her life? Why wouldn't I want to be one of those people?" She murmurs, leaning into her space again as she keeps her voice hushed between them like she's confiding some sort of secret. Maeve reaches forward with her free hand, sliding it along her jaw and urging her face up as she tucks a curl behind the woman's ear. Her lips curl into a soft smile and she's struggling a bit too, but they're both trying here.

"I'll be honest, I haven't been with anyone either. Not seriously. Not a relationship. Not what you and Milo have. I've never been anyone's choice before. Not like that. Sure... People chose to fuck me. To use me. It's not the same as choosing me. I know that the kiss was a mistake at the time and I know that you said it was payment for the ring, but we both know it really wasn't. You chose to kiss me and I chose to kiss you because I could. Because I wanted to." Maeve takes a breath, shaking her head because she feels her words are just as jumbled up as Aurelia felt hers were.

A moment of quiet settles between them as she tries hard to think about what to say. "I like you... and I'd like to get to know you and to kiss you and everything in between if I'm being honest. Not because it's work or because you're paying me or any of that, but because I want to and because you want to. I know you have Milo and I would never ask you to give that up. I'd just ask for your time too." Her cheeks flush and she meets her gaze, dropping her hand from her jaw as she draws her bottom lip between her teeth.

"Does any of this make sense to you?" She tosses the question back to her, laughing nervously as she looks down, still not having released her hand.
A pretty face