(SE) i like your voice
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
I wanna make A color that no one else has seen before
The reassuring touch to her hand does exactly as intended, a flutter of relief swelling into her chest. The conversation's starting to feel like an emotional rollercoaster. But her tension wanes as it seems that Maeve does, indeed, understand - a lot more than she expects.

It's not often that Aurelia thinks of herself as being transparent, but in a moment of self-reflection she has to realize that she is. Still she's a little struck by Maeve's easy assertion of everything she is; someone that cares... a lot... about the people in her life. She nibbles on her lip nervously. It's meant to be a secret. The hand that reaches for her then is met with the softening of her jawline, following the gentle prompt. Her gaze is intense as she looks back up at Maeve's, this time being the one that's uncertain.

We both know it really wasn't. The words strike a chord, and not only that but there's a small measure of empathy Aurelia feels for Maeve. Loneliness in spite of being surrounded by people that want her but - not really. Not in the way she wants to be wanted.

There is a pause as Aurelia tries to gather her thoughts to convey them in a way that doesn't feel as scatter-brained and desperate. To voice them in a way that's meaningful and sincere.

"Well, I've been trying to figure the logistics out on my own, trying to figure out how to do this, but you just summed it up in a way that actually sounds... nice. I don't want this to be difficult for any of us. I mean, if we're going to go through with anything, it should be because we want to and it makes us happy." Suddenly the dread that Aurelia had been feeling up until this moment is gone. Something more hopeful replaces it. Her gaze ducks down shyly, because it's hard to be honest about how she feels especially since she tends to feel things very deeply - or not at all. "All of us, including you. I want you to feel wanted... you deserve to. I never want it to make you feel like you're less just because I'm with him. Or to think that I don't care about you too. Or that it's just about sex, because it's not," she rubs the side of her neck awkwardly.

"I want to get to know you more than.. that. Not that I'm not attracted to you! Or that I wouldn't- I mean- ahhh-" She laughs nervously. Nope, didn't think this far ahead.
I wanna be so much more
Aurelia
code credits go to Skylark!<3
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
MAEVE
All of the earlier hurt and uncertainty seems to melt away when Aurelia finally meets her gaze. A new warmth blooms in her chest and her heart flutters nervously against her ribs. These nerves aren't laden with anxiety. Instead it's that exciting rush before trying something new. Something thrilling.

When she looks at her it's like everything else fades. Her troubles from the last couple of weeks a distant memory as she begins to talk again. Maeve holds her hand, thumb brushing across the back of her hand lightly as Aurelia puts words to her feelings. Her eyes somehow seeming to hold all of the emotion she's feeling as she gazes at her.

Her cheeks flush at her words. I want you to feel wanted... you deserve to. It does something to her. Hearing those words spoken out loud. For someone who wasn't here to say it and believe it. Maeve draws in a shaky breath and lets it out slowly as a smile curls onto her lips. She laughs softly as she stumbles over her words at the end there.

The girl can't resist teasing her, a mischievous glint in her eyes, "So you do want to have sex with me?" She giggles, wrinkling her nose at her as she leans forward again, resting her cheek in the palm of her free hand. "I think... I think we just take it a step at a time. We get to know each other and enjoy each others company. Wherever that takes us, I'm happy to go. I can share. I'm used to sharing, but this is different obviously. I- I want to see where it goes."
A pretty face
Doesn't mean a pretty heart
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Aurelia's glad that Maeve can laugh at her embarrasing moments too, at least, but the tease is enough to draw out a deeper blush in her cheeks. She shakes her head softly, not about to try to respond to that and embarrass herself further, but a smile fixes itself firmly against her cheeks.

This is okay.

A hopeful lift of her eyes directs itself at the adorable crinkle of Maeve's nose. Then she smooths things over in a way that would've been a lot harder for Aurelia to. That's it then, isn't it? See where it goes.

Standing up and leaning over the table, Aurelia draws Maeve's face into her hands, cupping it, even squishing her cheeks a little. An affectionate peck lands against that little nose, and one for the lips too. Those are too good to be neglected, after all. She leans back a little, pausing to look more tenderly down at Maeve, "Good, me too." Then, Aurelia gently lets go to sit back down.

"Now that that's out of the way," she smiles softly, and finally her confidence weaves its way back in, "tell me about Maeve. What do you do in your free time? What do you like? What makes you... you?" It's a series of very broad questions, but that's intentional. Aurelia leans back in her seat, one hand laid across the table, green eyes keen and listening. Maeve can share as much or as little as she wants.
I wanna be so much more
Aurelia
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
MAEVE
There is something about seeing the other girl blush that makes her giddy. Men don't blush like that. Not really. Not in the way that's high on their cheeks and makes them duck their heads shyly to hide secret smiles. Except Aurelia doesn't really shy away or hide. She instead smiles brightly and holds her gaze in a way that makes her feel seen. Maeve thinks it might be her new favorite thing.

Aurelia stands suddenly and her lips part slightly with a soft exhale before curling into a smile as the other girl smooshes her cheeks slightly. She huffs out a laugh as she drops a kiss to the tip of her nose. When she finally presses a kiss to her lips it's short and sweet, but no less tender. Maeve hums, looking up at her like she hung the sun in the sky. Maybe she did as far as Maeve is concerned.

She was wrong, though. The look she's giving her now is her new favorite thing and she can't help leaning into her touch. Maeve turns to press a kiss to her palm before Aurelia finally releases her to sit back down. She reaches over and pluck two cups from the small cabinet that's nestled behind the table. "Why don't you open that rum you brought me and I'll tell you," Maeve says with a easy hum, placing the cups in front of the smuggler.

Then, she takes a moment to think. Her lips purse and she tries to think of what exactly she should share. There is... a lot. A lot she could tell her. About her past. About her life. Except Aurelia has given her some easy questions too. So she starts with those. "Well... I really enjoy botany. Plants. I, uhm, I like to grow them." She motions towards the windows. There are numerous pots along the window sill. Some hang from hooks on the ceiling. Others are nestled on book shelves between numerous different titles. "I'm not the most well versed, but I'm learning about their medicinal properties too."

Maeve takes up one of the cups when Aurelia pours them both a drink, sipping from it slowly. The rum is spice and smooth with a hint of something sweet. It goes down easy. She'll have to be careful with that. "I dance too. Sometimes when we do performances downstairs I participate.. I like to think I'm pretty good." Her cheeks flush and she feels a nervous laugh bubble up in her chest. "People don't normally ask me these things. I don't really know what to say... I, uh, I like to read a lot too. Poetry."

Her finger tips rub against the wood grain lightly, inching closer and closer to the other woman's hand as she speaks. "I don't really feel all that interesting if I'm being honest." She shakes her head, letting her finger hook one of Aurelia's lightly.
A pretty face
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
If she's honest she's in a bit of a daze from the look Maeve's giving her, to the point where she almost doesn't hear the words that are coming out of her mouth. Aurelia blinks in surprise, having completely forgotten about the rum, and snatches up the bottle from the table with apt eagerness.

As she pours them their portions, she eyes Maeve with interest as she speaks. "Botany, huh?" She echoes, and follows the motions at the plethora of plants that decorate the room. "My sisters liked that sort of thing, too. I'd collect samples from the jungles for them, and they'd try to grow them or make things out of them. Like salves or candles," which reminds her of Safrin. With a mixed pang of emotions, she snaps the bottle's lid closed.

Not to be dampened by that, however, she lifts Maeve's cup toward her with a small smile. In unison, they take their first sips, and Aurelia is pleasantly surprised to find that she doesn't immediately want to vomit at the taste!

The finger that links around her own didn't go unnoticed, and - cheekily - she'd been waiting for it. So she presses her hand in over Maeve's and gives it an encouraging squeeze, "Nonsense. What, did you think I'm only interested in crime and knives?" She laughs softly, "Maybe later you can read me your favorite poems," she tilts her head and glances towards the book shelves almost wistfully before returning her attention to Maeve. She sets her cup down and lets out a soft sigh.

"I tend to get myself into the thick of things, it's true. Most of my life has been spent fighting for it, or even fighting against my own best interests. All in all, a lot of fighting," she scoffs, but more seriously goes on, "There were rare moments where things actually slowed down enough for me to enjoy them. So I'm learning to appreciate that when it does happen. You have a lot more to offer than you think." Peace, tranquility, beauty, poetry, dancing. "I'm already sold." She smiles.
I wanna be so much more
Aurelia
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
MAEVE
Her head bobs as she lowers her cup back to the table, "It was just something I picked up. I always loved all the flowers and such that grow around here. I wanted to bring them in with me, but of course they never last when you pick them. So I decided to learn how to grow them instead." She offers as further explanation before she falls quiet at the mention of Aurelia's own experiences with it. The corners of her lips tug up into a small smile at new information and she tucks it away for safe keeping. "You have siblings then? I never had any myself. I was an only child."

There was a chance she did have a sibling somewhere. If her mother was still alive or ever ended up with someone else. Not that she really knew, but it was possible. It leaves her with an odd tightness in her chest that she quickly dismisses with another sip of rum. They both seem to have a moment of quiet reflection before the conversation picks up once more.  

When Aurelia's hand covers her own, she flicks her eyes down to their entwined fingers, unable to resist studying the contrast between their skin. Her own flesh is free of any of the markings that Aurelia's bare. No scars trace paths over her hands. Instead she's pale and soft. The evidence of her life inside clear in her lack of roughness. The question makes her chuckle and she flicks her eyes up to her and the smile morphs into a grin. "Are you telling me you're not? Don't know if I believe.. Given that I met you in a shady part of town to complete a shady deal no less." Her eyes shine as she teases her, unable to help herself given the opening and it isn't long before a giggle works its way past her lips. "I'd be happy to share some with you. It's not often that anyone cares to listen."

The sudden seriousness takes her by surprise and she quickly sobers despite the slight warmth in her cheeks from the rum. Maeve hangs on to every word with earnest, pitching herself forward in her seat while Aurelia speaks as if she can't help but get closer. "Gee... I didn't even have to try that hard." She finally says in an attempt to break the soft tension between them. Maeve lets her eyes wander over her for a moment. lips pressing together in thought. "What's something you haven't told anyone before? Big or small."
A pretty face
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
I shouldn't have brought it up. The question of whether she has siblings runs her blood cold, makes her want to find a hole and hide in it until the feeling passes. Her smile falters. "I did, before," she says, "I'm an Outlander so they're not with me anymore." She offers by way of explanation. Supposedly there's another version of herself still there, still taking care of them. It's, somehow, not very comforting though.

It's fine, though, because the feeling of Maeve's hand in hers is grounding enough that she doesn't have to give in to that sadness. She offers a half-hearted snort at Maeve's tease. "Okay, maybe I am. But that's not... all that I'm into." Her gaze rakes over Maeve, down to her cup, where she drowns herself in the rest of her glass. She sets it down, empty, and pulls her hand away - but only so she can refill it. "Well, you're gonna have to get used to someone caring now," she promises matter-of-factly, raising her brows up at Maeve.

She settles into her second glass, though with a lot less gusto, taking to smaller sips this time. Her cheeks are already heated, but it doesn't help that Maeve keeps leaning in closer. Doesn't help that her mind keeps wondering about what's beneath her robe, if anything at all. The question snaps her back to attention but she doesn't have an immediate answer. "Oh, you ask the hard questions, don't you?" She laughs, "I don't know. There's some things I certainly don't tell everyone, but something I've never told anyone before? I dunno," she tilts her head to the side thoughtfully and smirks.

"I like to make things for people. Little things. Shit that doesn't actually matter, you know, but..." she shrugs, because it isn't a secret but it also isn't something she's ever freely expressed either. "I like seeing that look on their face when they realize you took the time to make something just for them. I know it's.. maybe not what you expected, but. I don't really have that many dark secrets. Just one, but I've already told a few people." She clears her throat and stares down at her glass, debating whether she should tell Maeve. "I'm not a very good liar."
I wanna be so much more
Aurelia
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
MAEVE
Her expression softens, brows pinching together and the corners of her lips tugging down into a frown that looks like it has no right being on her lips. Maeve gives her hand another squeeze, thumb brushing across the back lightly in what she hopes is a reassuring gesture. "I'm sorry... I'm sure that's hard for you," she murmurs and there isn't pity in her voice. Just a sad understanding of what those words mean.

The moment passes and is replaced with something a little more... heated. Aurelia's eyes trail over her form and she preens. Her free hand comes up to tease along the neckline of her robe, working it open just a smidge and exposing the barest hint of cleavage. One of her bare feet suddenly slips between Aurelia's legs, trailing up the inside of her calf before finally coming up to rest on the top of one of her thighs as if it's nothing. "And what else are you into, sweetness?" She purrs, tongue darting out to part her lips, wetting them. The promise earns the smuggler a smirk and her teeth come out to play next, sinking into her lip as she gazes at her from across the table. "I'll just have to try my best."

The response is a bit of a surprise, but a welcome one. "That's really sweet. I love that, actually." She enjoys making things too. She does so often. Little treats for the girls. Oils, salves, creams, and the like. They always lit up whenever she brought around the little monthly gift baskets. At the mention of not being a good liar, Maeve laughs softly, "Guess it's a good thing I don't really like liars. Not everything has to be dark, you know? I know that there is darkness in people's lives and if you ever want to share that with me, I'll listen." She meets her eyes and there is nothing but earnestness filling her gaze.

"You shared so I suppose it's only fair that I do..." Maeve starts, pressing her lips together as she looks down at the table, trying to work up the courage to share something she's never told anyone. "I'm scared of the water. The ocean. I never learned how to swim, you see... Never really had a reason to despite living here for so long. My parents weren't exactly.. present.. Her brows knit together for a second and she draws in another breath, "So they never taught me. That's not the hardest part of this story. Not anywhere close.

She reaches for her cup, downing the rest of her rum in one go, the burn making her eyes water. "I was maybe.. ten before I ever got into the water. I got it in my head I was going to swim away from home. Away from Torchline and find some new life. A better life. I almost drowned that night and I remember praying to the gods. Begging for help. For them to listen." An unamused laugh pushes past her lips and she shakes her head, "They didn't answer, of course. The waves pushed me into shore enough that I managed to get myself out of the water. I never set foot in it again."
A pretty face
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
The prompt of what else she's into causes Aurelia's mouth pulls into an awkward line. She hugs the cup up to her lips, looking away as she takes another drink, actively refusing to answer that.

Aurelia's expression softens into a gentle smile. She nods in agreement that there is darkness in everyone's lives, but that doesn't mean life has to always be dark. That's something Aurelia clings to, really, mostly because she has to - or else descend into guilt and misery and bitterness. That's not who she wants to be.

At least Maeve is understanding of it, doesn't pry. Honestly, it's exhausting to tell people about the things she's done. To see that flicker of understanding or suspicion - or fear. "I just want to be judged for the things I do now, not the things I've done, in my past," she adds on. It's not something she feels she needs to talk through... but, she's probably wrong about that.

Maeve offers to share something she's never told anyone and Aurelia's smile widens into something more akin to excitement. "Oh?" She leans forward, abandoning her cup of rum to the table, and watches as Maeve goes through the motions of admitting something she - for one reason or another - hasn't told anyone before.

Understanding erases the smile on her countenance, though, because this revelation is rooted in its own darkness. Aurelia could never empathize with parents that didn't love and cherish their children. She simply couldn't imagine it. Not that Aurelia ever wants to have kids, but if she did, she'd do everything to make sure they were safe, cared for. Never abandon them, surely. But, life doesn't always work that way, and sometimes it isn't their fault that things fall apart. Aurelia knows that lesson very well.

A soft grimace contorts her features and she reaches out again, to rest her palm over Maeve's wrist. "That sounds horrible," she murmurs, "I had a similar fear of fire, though not as... well, it just reminds me of my father. He died in one when I was little and it destroyed my family's shop as well. My mother never recovered... It changed my whole life," she admits, glancing down for a bit, "Lo and behold, when I came here, I found out that my very first ability was fire. I'm- uh, an Abandoned. It was... a lot. Losing everything, getting that thrown in my face on top of it all," but the main point wasn't meant to be about her, "but it is possible to overcome your obstacles." She leans back a little then. "Now I can use my fire without flinching, I've made a lot of friends in what little time I've spent here in Caido. If you ever want help with facing your fear, I'd be glad to help. But only if you want to!"
I wanna be so much more
Aurelia
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
MAEVE
She doesn't want to turn this dark. To keep talking about the bad in their lives. So instead Maeve takes her hand, giving it a squeeze and a faint smile finds its way onto her lips. There is a sadness in her eyes, but it doesn't linger when she meets Aurelia's gaze. Instead it is replaced with something like adoration and even though they are just getting to know each other; Maeve can't help being proud of her. "I'm sure that was hard and I'm glad you've gotten to a place where it doesn't hurt as much anymore." She glances towards the bed, drawing her lip between her teeth as her mind goes back to Aurelia's reaction to her earlier question.

That's what she wants to focus on now. To forget all the hurt and heartache they've both been through. Why linger on it when they have here and now.

"So... You didn't answer my question. About what you're in to. Don't tell me you're going to get all shy on me now?" Her brow arches and she pushes up from her chair, stalking around the table to stand in front of the smuggler. One hand comes to brace on the back of the chair she's occupying and the other finds a resting place on her thigh as she bends down to be face to face with her. Maeve cocks her head to the side, causing her curls to shift and fall lightly across her forehead as she holds the woman's gaze. "Oh.. Come on.. You can tell me. I'll share too. Promise."
A pretty face
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
She opens her mouth to continue the conversation in that direction or perhaps soften it with talk of something else, something lighter. Damn, it's gotten heavy. The muscles between her shoulders and her neck feel wound up, unable to relax.

Yet, Maeve broaches the question again and gets up. Whatever words Aurelia had in mind are lost in the moment and her gaze follows as Maeve moves towards her. Her chest swells and she turns to face the smaller woman better, and it's then that she realizes how small she really is. And here she stoops before her, eyes daring and tempting her. Well, a challenge is a challenge.

There are obvious gears shifting in her mind as her eyes follow the gentle curve of Maeve's hips. "You're a little stubborn, aren't you?" She bites her own lip.

A determined, almost playful grin breaks out across Aurelia's face. She swoops Maeve into her grip with a soft, wordless purr. Closer isn't enough, though. One hand slides down to pull her thigh over, to guide her onto her lap. "I think I like this," Aurelia murmurs, dangerously close to kissing her. She'll let Maeve decide if the feeling is mutual, however she's confident that it is.
I wanna be so much more
Aurelia
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
MAEVE
Maeve's eyes dip down to where Aurelia's teeth appear to sink into her bottom lip. Those same sharp canines she'd flashed at her all those nights ago taunting her. She's unable to stop her mind from conjuring up thoughts of those same teeth sinking into her skin. Her neck, the swell of her breast, the inside of her thigh. Maybe hard enough to leave lovely bruises behind that Maeve can memorize the shape of in hopes of leaving similar one's on Aurelia's skin.

A giggle bubbles up in her throat at the question and her nose wrinkles with her grin, "Sometimes. I'm not used to people denying me what I want." Her shoulders shrug and she's just about to slip her hand to the back of the smuggler's neck when she's pulled forward suddenly. A yelp of surprise escapes her and her eyes go wide as Aurelia handles her like she's nothing.

The new position has her thighs bracketing the woman's hips and her robe rucked up haphazardly to expose the pale skin it's been hiding this whole time. A rush of heat colors Maeve's cheeks as she meet's Aurelia's eyes once more. The green she finds there seems so much darker and deeper now. Similar yet so different from her own irises. Each breath she takes pushes the gentle swell of her breasts against Aurelia's chest as her heart beats a staccato against her ribs. This has definitely taken a turn.

Not to be deterred, Maeve pushes on with her line of questioning, "And what about this do you like exactly? Is it the weight of me in your lap? My bare skin? How your hands grip my hips?" She murmurs, dipping her head down so her lips barely brush Aurelia's as she speaks. Maeve is on a roll now, the words flowing from her as her hands slip to steady herself using her shoulders. Her thumb brushes across bare skin, touch feather light and teasing. "Is it how easily you can move me around and put me just where you want me? Tell me..." Maeve implores sweetly, lips forming into a barely there smile as she draws back just enough to see her face.
A pretty face
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
The surprised outburst and pulse of breath against her keeps Aurelia's grin planted firmly, a soft laugh of her own following. She doesn't think there will be much more talking at this point, and her nose brushes the tip of Maeve's as she tries to reach a little further for that kiss.

Only, she keeps pushing for an answer instead. Aurelia's eyes narrow up at the flushed features of Maeve's face, then at the quickened pulse along her neck, wondering how it would feel against her lips. Sure, she listens, but as she does, she teases back.

Her own legs spread apart, forcing Maeve closer in. Warm hands move just beneath the edges of the robe, to grip fleshy thighs more firmly. With an arch of her back, she presses forward so that their chests hasten against one another more fully with each breath they take. Maeve's flowery, soft scent is enough to intoxicate, making her eyes flutter closed. It's then, in that pause, that she closes her eyes and steals a brief but light kiss. Much lighter than the first one Aurelia had given her.

Maeve draws back, though, still trying to coax a direct answer out of her. A gently amused smile softens her features and she blinks her eyes open. "So that's what you're into, hmm?" She smirks.

Suddenly, and with an audible heave because, well, Aurelia's not exactly herculian, her hands grip further around Maeve and she stands up with her. It's not an easy feat, but at least Maeve is small, light, maleable. Conforming to her whims easily. Into the bed, in this case. Only, she's not thrown, as might be expected, but placed to perch on the edge. "Just where I want you," she echoes quietly into her ear, nuzzling slightly into her soft curls of hair.
I wanna be so much more
Aurelia
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
MAEVE
The other woman is almost distracting enough that she abandons her task. She just wants to know so she can give the other woman what she wants. Is that so hard to understand? Maeve waits and Aurelia denies her yet again. Instead she is rewarded with a faint kiss that leaves her lips tingling with sensation. She's close to leaning in and just kissing her instead. The need to taste her lips again is growing along with the fire in her belly. Except it's the smuggler's turn to talk and she's unable to do anything but listen. One of her hands slips into the curls at the base of her neck, nails scratching lightly at her scalp as she moves to angle the other woman's head towards hers with the intention of shutting her up if she wasn't going to answer the question.

Maeve is once more caught off guard by Aurelia's plans. She makes a soft sound of surprise in her throat, legs instantly wrapping around her waist as she's lifted and carried towards the bed. With a gentleness Maeve is coming to expect from her new partner, she's lowered until she's sitting, toes barely brushing the floor beneath her. Her thighs spread to accommodate Aurelia between them, breaths coming in soft pants as her heart races in anticipation. A slight tilt of her head exposes her throat to the smuggler and her hands reach for her hips, gripping there gently. "And why exactly do you want me here?" Maeve coos, moving to prop herself up onto her elbows as she lays back against the plush duvet covering her mattress.

"Are you planning to have your wicked way with me?" A brow arches to accompany the question. She hopes the answer is yes. Yes, yes, yes ,yes, yes. That is exactly what the courtesan wants and she can only hope that her counterpart can agree. Her fingers move to the tie of her robe, teasing the satin stands through them slowly before she barely tugs. The bow comes undone easily, but she doesn't move further than that. "Should I save this part for you?"
A pretty face