just smile and wave (se)
for Tobi
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
The Wilds were something he had heard about for a while- wide expansive places each one entirely unique. It seemingly separated the Grounds and the Greatwood from the rest of the world. The portals had completely avoided them, but now they were able to explore the new terrain.

Oliver's mind ran with possibilities and he wanted to learn about the new resources available- see what opportunities laid in front of him and what could come from such an expedition.

With a small bag filled with the essentials, two blades, and two water pouches, he set out. Getting the bag onto his leopard body was entirely embarrassing and required the help of a poor man just trying to get about his life, but soon he was ready to go, and off he went, running forward into the depths.

It took him a boring amount of time, but eventually, he arrived at the first land where he shifted back into a human. Taking a good breather, Oliver was allowed to simply look around and take in everything. Would anyone else be out here? Only time would tell.

October

let us dance in the sun, wearing wild flowers in our hair
Oliver

October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: N/A - Strg: 14 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 0 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
i feel smal, but so are stars from a distance
The air.

Tobi doesn't think she's ever smelled anything so fresh. And to be able to look around, without a single building in sight? It was as terrifying as it was liberating; Tobi both feeling small but also full of more potential than she ever had before.

Having travelled in a body she rarely used, the doctor shifts from her unicorn form once her legs begin to feel shaky. Thin and lacking in any sort of athletic muscle, it doesn't take long for Tobi to tire, but she's already farther away than she's ever been from home, so wherever she is, it's far enough.

Should she have been leaving herself some sort of trail to follow back home? Absolutely she should have. Did she? I think you can answer that.

And so, breathless and with colour high in her cheeks, the medic, upon spying Oliver ahead, grins brightly as she makes her way over. "Hey! Excuse me!" She calls out, heedless that this wasn't Stormbreak, and that the people she met here might not be friendly or safe. "Is this still King's End?"
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Perhaps if he had been a bit more prepared, he would've partially shifted- giving himself ears far more capable of listening out for any dangers, but for some reason that didn't feel necessary. Why would anyone with bad intentions be out here? Or why would any of them have any reason to harm him? It was a foolish mindset but he chose to live in it, enjoying the beauty of this new world.

His enjoyment almost completely distracted him from the voice calling out to him. His eyes widen and he prepares to grab for his blade as he turns to look towards the source of the voice.

It was a girl- seemingly just as lost as him. His expression softens and his body relaxes. She raises a question that he hardly even knows the answer to himself. "Honestly? I don't know for sure. I think so? I've never seen anything like this- I'd assume it has to be one of the newer areas-" Newer areas wasn't exactly the proper term. It felt too wordy to say area that we can now explore for whatever reason. Hopefully, she understood where he was coming from.

"Why? Were you looking for something? I haven't been here for very long myself- but I could try to help ya out. Just trying to get a good feel of this place myself." She seems kind enough and Oliver feels as though he can trust her. Hopefully his gut was right.

Oliver

October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
'Oh, well.." Tobi flashes the younger man an apologetic smile, as if just realizing that he is as clueless as she,m and feeling guilty about it for some reason. "As far as I know, King's End is one of the only areas that has grasslands like this." Which perhaps answers her own question.

"Mmmmm" Tobi hums with a shake of her head. "Nope, though I heard there were unicorns here.." That was safe to say, wasn't it? Anyone could be looking for unicorns. "..and I wanted to see some. There aren't any where I come from." You know, herself excluded.

"I'm October, by the way. October Hart." Stretching out a hand for Oliver's, the blacksmith will find Tobi's grip is strong, but her hands smooth and warm.
Blacksmith

Change author:
For a moment, the two seemed to share a similar feeling. Embarrassment over knowing absolutely nothing about this place and basically being unable to help each other. It was nice- at least, Oliver felt as though they had a brief connection. "Then I guess this is the King's End! I haven't been anywhere else but I have yet to be anywhere as beautiful as here." His eyes momentarily glance away, getting a good look at the land one last time before he returns his gaze to the girl.

No unicorns where she was from? Interesting. "Oh! I remember a few unicorns appeared seemingly randomly- they must've come from here." He sure hoped those unicorns got home... do unicorns have homes? "I'd be alright with looking for some. I've mostly seen them as companions myself- wild unicorns are something that's super rare and I'd really love to find one." It was an obvious offer- Oliver would join her to find some unicorns. That is, if that's something October would like to do.

Reaching forward, Oliver tries to match her grip to the best of his abilities. "Nice to meet you, I'm Oliver." It was followed by a soft smile trying to appear as friendly as possible.

"I don't suppose you happen to know what sorts of things Unicorns like?"

Oliver

October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
Tilting her head slightly, having no context for where Oliver was from or why a few unicorns might have appeared, the fact that he'd seen them as companions could only mean he lived with or around abandoned. "Oh, are you an abandoned, then?" She asks, her smile bright but her tone somewhat hesitant.

'Hello Oliver.' Tobi replies with a wide smile. As for whether or not she knows what sort of things unicorns like? She does. Intimately. Not that the doctor will let Oliver know that. "Mmm, maybe the same sorts of things as horses do? Patches of clover, being near running water..having lots of shade?" She shrugs, feigning utter ignorance.

"Why don't we try this way?" The doctor nods her head toward a grove of trees that seems exactly like the sort of place she'd linger in the afternoon sun.

'So, where are you from?'
Blacksmith

Change author:
The question isn’t strange- but it shows the girl knows quite a lot if she knew only Abandoned could have unicorns as a companion. ”Sort of?” There’s a pause as Oliver thinks for a moment on how to best word this. ”I’m Abandoned but I’m also Attuned- I’m a hybrid, you see. I don’t have a companion myself though- I’ve met two men with their own unicorns. Both were also hybrids.” Although, one of them did lose their unicorn and was no longer a hybrid but October didn’t need to know that much information.

It all makes sense and Oliver nods. ”Of course, yes... I know Luxere love apples so maybe they do too?” Apples were lovely and surely, Unicorns also loved them.

There’s a suggestion and Oliver nods in agreement before following her. To try and seem more approachable, he walks alongside her, hoping to establish some sort of familiarity. ”I’m an Outlander. I came here quite a few seasons ago. Arrived in the Grounds. Now I’m living over in the Greatwood, but I do travel around a whole lot.” He never seemed to stay in one location for an entire season, always using the portals and going everywhere he could. It felt weird to stay in one place for too long. Far too restrictive.

Oliver

October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
Tobi doesn't hide the conflict that sweeps across her face to hear that Oliver was a hybrid. She isn't manipulative or devious enough to try and brush away the indecision that she feels. While it's true that abandoned don't choose to be what they are, it's worrying in and of itself. But perhaps there's redemption for the boy, yet. 'Which were you first? Abandoned and then were blessed? Or...?" Because if it was the other way around, for as kind as Tobi was, this encounter was likely to be over.

'An Outlander?' The doctor brightens considerably. "Did you arrive when the barrier was still up?" Enthusiasm is practically wafting off of her in bright waves now; this too she makes no attempt to hide.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
{split} just smile and wave (se)

This portion of the thread is now over (but not fin'd, that would happen in the linked thread. Both count as exploration for the purposes of the seasonal event requirements). Good luck getting home.