the artistry in tearing the place apart
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Age: 25 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
RIGBY

Rigby was back at his usual pace, scouring the city for something to snag, trade, or destroy. There was no endless night anymore to cloak him in shadows, so he had to be craftier than that, smarter, and maybe even charismatic. That was a last resort, under cover of darkness was his preferred method of scrounging for scraps.

A normal, not divine night would do the trick. When the pm markets opened, shadier trades and vendors hit the streets, and that was when Rigby came to life. He'd snatched some nuts from a trader, their table abound with spices and treats. They wouldn't miss a single pouch. He banked on that, climbing up a stall and hopping onto a tin roof. Cross legged, he dug in, looking up at the moon and munching away.
i'll make you understand
and you can trade me for an apparition
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
i don't mind compassion
He wasn't expecting to see that lanky kid again, let alone see him scrambling up the side of a stall. The fuck? Except he used to do the same thing when he was smaller. Not that he's ever really been out of Torchline but you can't be the moon on a night like this. And the rooftops are the best place to see it. Maybe he should chat with his little buddy. It's been a minute since he's seen him after all.

Locke grabs the edge of the roof and pulls himself up, grinning as he does so. "Well, well, isn't it my favorite little thief. Don't think I managed to get a name when we were playing in the alley." He's pretty sure Rigby is just going to run again but he tries to make it clear he's not gunning for a fight. At least not yet. If he doesn't run away, Locke sits himself at the edge of the rooftop, folding his legs under himself. If he does run, Locke goes after him of course.
just not on my dime
LOCKE
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Age: 25 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RIGBY

The boom of the tin made him jump, he'd hurried to his feet before Locke had even spoke. He wasn't the biggest or strongest, but he had the reflexes of someone who'd been making up for it. He bristled and glared, suspicious and a bit unnerved when he realized who it was who'd broken into his space.

His brows narrowed, he snatched his peanuts, and dropped off the edge of the roof, hoping to get away before the guy ruined a perfectly good night. He didn't however, expect to be followed. Why can't people just leave me alone, once again Rigby had found himself in an unfavorable scenario with a street thug. And it was dreadfully irritating. He kept moving until he'd reached an alley outlet, deciding he was done with this stupid game. He'd ended it a while back when he'd given up the chain.

"What?" he growled, turning on his heel to face the other man.
i'll make you understand
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
i don't mind compassion
Little shit is fast isn't he? It almost makes Locke feel bad. But it doesn't. It's like playing cat and mouse except he's the cat this time. Something that rarely seems to happen. He holds his hands up, a clear sign that he's not looking for a fight. "Hey man, no hard feelings, okay? Just wanted to see what you were up to." Holding grudges isn't really his thing. He prefers to deal with them. And it's not like Rigby didn't give him what he wanted in the end, right? He's chill if Rigby's chill. "Promise I'm not gonna steal your nuts." As if he'd want them anyway. He prefers to season and roast his own.
just not on my dime
LOCKE
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Change author:
RIGBY

The other raised his hands, placating in a way that only served to make Rigby angrier. He refused to step down, he stared up at the other with a venomous gaze. No hard feelings is equally and infuriating. The mention of his nuts has him glancing down to the pouch before shoving it into his deep pockets. Then back to Locke.

"You busted my fucking face for taking something that wasn't even yours," he replied, blase in tone. It seemed sufficient, hopefully enough to make the man understand that they were not chill by his standards.
i'll make you understand
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
i don't mind compassion
At least he doesn't run away again. Locke will take a glare over running into a stall again."Don't think it was yours either, mate." He kind of shrugs, reaching into his pocket and pulling the chain back out. He never gave it to her, opting for something else. Something that was too nice for what happened. Locke holds the chain out, offering it to him. "She didn't want it. You can have it. Turns out my taste in this kind of thing is shit." He can't be too nice. But he does feel bad. Not really for punching Rigby but for what happened. Maybe a little bit for punching him.
just not on my dime
LOCKE
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Change author:
RIGBY

Nothing was every actually Rigby's, but nothing ever really belonged to anyone. Especially not in Torchline, the necklace probably wasn't even made by that vendor anyways. It belonged to whoever had it, whoever was smart enough to take it. For a moment that'd been Rigby, in the end it'd been Locke, and as frustrating as it was that was that. So when the man pulled the thing from his pocket and handed it to Rigby, the boy was suspicious.

Dark eyes shifted from the chain to the man, wondering what favor he might be asking for in return. Thieves don't give gifts, they trade in favors or take and run. What was this guy, a cop? Or even worse, pious? He moved slowly before snatching the thing, once it was in his hands he wasn't giving it up. The street rat pressed the chain down into his pocket, stashed for later. He could ask why the other was being nice, but he didn't care that much.

"I'm not doing any favors for this," he warned, stepping back a few paces, watching the man carefully.
i'll make you understand
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
i am baby
The necklace is snatched away and he grins as Rigby shoves it into his pocket. It's almost cute. Nah, it's totally cute. He equally wants to crush him and squish his cute little face. It's a strange feeling and one he's often gotten when looking at baby animals. Except he's not sure if Rigby counts as a cute baby animal. Probably not. More little a feral possum or something.

"Did I ask for a favor?" What would a scrawny little fuck like this do anyway. "Jus' feelin' nice today, that's all. Should I be less nice? Would it make you feel better?" He raises an eyebrow, taking a step forward in an attempt to close a bit of distance between them. "Can punch you again, if you're into that."
LOCKE
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Change author:
RIGBY

The grin on the other man's face as Rigby snatched the chain was somehow annoying. He was giving off one of two auras; either "i'm about to tell you the evil catch" or "i'm going on a soul cleansing spree and doing good deeds". Both were dreadful explanations that made Rigby frown and glare harder, giving a nice stretch to those frequently used face muscles. He simply couldn't understand this guy's game, what was he after? In Rigby's world, everyone had selfish intentions and if they didn't they were stupid. What are Locke's?

The words that the other spoke seemed contradictory to his actions, why give Rigby a gift then decide to punch him? While the street rat did seem to have that affect on people, this instance didn't seem like on of those. This time he didn't step back when Locke stepped forward, unsure what changed, but he was starting to get the feeling that Locke didn't know what he wanted, and that gave him an edge.

"Why'd you give me it then?" he pushed, challenging almost in his stare.
i'll make you understand
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
i am baby
"Already told you. She didn't want it, got no use for it. Just happened to see you and figured you'd get more use out of it than me." He's not lying. He's going to Stormbreak soon and he's not sure exactly how the barracks and things work but he prefers to deal in favors anyway. Sure, tangible is nice but he likes when people owe him. And maybe some tiny part of him almost worries about Rigby. Not that he'd ever say it. He's just projecting is all.

Locke shrugs, digging his hands into his pockets. "Not everyone is out to get you." He's not sure when he decided to give free life advice but hey.. He's doing a lot of new things lately. He gives Rigby a look before looking over his shoulder, "You know if you drizzle some honey on those, be even better. Wanna see if we can swipe some? All I ask in return is like.. a handful."
LOCKE
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Change author:
RIGBY

Yes Rigby remembered that first explanation, but it seemed more like a half cooked lie than the truth to him. Unfortunately no matter of advice or kindness would break Rigby from his ways. At this point distrust was in his nature, as innate as eating and sleeping. Nobody had ever truly helped him with no ulterior motive, and he wouldn't believe Locke now, maybe never.

But he would keep the chain, leave today and forget about the interaction, hoping to lose the other man in his quick paced life. He watches the lines on Locke's face for a moment more, then shrugs, figuring he won't get anything more substantial from him now. He planned on leaving now, but Locke had something else in mind. The idea of sharing his snack made him scowl, "Why would I need you're help to do that?"
i'll make you understand
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
i am baby
Locke knew that offering anything to Rigby was a long shot. Oh well. So the man just shrugs, rolling a shoulder as he looks Rigby over. "Jus' more fun to have another person around. Things can go tits up pretty fast but having another person helps. Like I said, add a little honey to those and they're like candy. Or you can add some spice, chilis work well.. You don't have to take my word for it though." He shrugs again, for emphasis. Look, he just likes cooking and flavor. You can't fault a man for liking flavor.

"Well, guess I'll see ya around?" Rigby clearly doesn't want him around so he's not gonna keep bothering him if he doesn't have to. Although, honestly, he kind of wants to. But that's just him being a prick. But if you keep poking a growling dog, it's going to bite eventually and he's not sure he has it in him to punch the kid again.
LOCKE
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Change author:
RIGBY

Locke could have his opinions about the joys of stealing, and Rigby would have his. Personally, couples thievery was not on his bucket list, he couldn't imagine anyone doing anything but dragging him down. Especially this thug, who received just one more glare for good measure. Rigby would also do with his nut's what he pleased, bland would do just fine.

He backed away when Locke said a goodbye, if that was all then that was all. Rigby shot him a look, then turned and slouched and headed back down the alley, jumping up a stack of broken crates and clambering up onto another roof. There was still some sunlight left, and maybe this time he could enjoy it alone.
i'll make you understand
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
i am baby
Well then. Locke was trying Rigby, can't you tell? He's not going to be so nice next time. Or maybe he will because they're going to end up fixing up the Halenani together and Locke is obligated to be nice. But maybe the time after that. Locke jams his hands into his pockets and makes his way down the street. He manages to sweet talk the honey vendor into giving him something from the Greatwood for a hell of a steal. (After all, it's not like Locke will be around to cash in any of the favors he owes.) Maybe he'll even swipe his own nuts. He doesn't need your nuts, Rigby. He's got his own. AND they're salty and delicious.

-FIN!-
LOCKE