Mini Event Thoughts for Flowerbirth
for citizens of Halo - meeting about next RQ
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Morgan
the glacier
I'm king of the land,
I'm a ruler of seas
Well, with Longnight and it's unpleasantness over and the Warden returned to her people, there was business to continue on with. Their efforts in Leafchange had gone well, the Citadel had been protected from the worst of the Deepfrost weather, and Morgan was eager to continue to see Halo grow and thrive.

Of course, what happened next was never purely her decision; everything she did had to be with her citizens in mind first, so she presented to them the options she'd received from suggestions: they would decide what came next for their Citadel and she would help to facilitate it. Standing at the head of the Council hall's main room, she watched everyone enter with nods and smiles then when she was sure they were all there, began to speak.

"It is good to see you all again. I hope you all found that Deepfrost was easier with the protections Frey gave us from the weather." She'd have to see herself next year how effective they were, but she hadn't as of yet heard any complaints. "I believe it is time for us to make a new goal for our Citadel. I have collected suggestions from people within the Citadel and I believe a vote is the fair way to prioritise these. I do have my own opinions, but I will not be voting nor speaking on them; I do not want to sway any results."

Pieces of paper were given out with each option written on, each with a square next to it for the vote to be filled in. A box by the door would collect the votes. "You are however welcome to discuss these options among yourselves, and I would also appreciate any opinions on which Gods are best approached for help in these matters." Without much personal experience with the divine, Morgan often felt like she was only guessing when it came to the God's personal talents and preferences.

With that all said she stood and waited for anyone to speak or for the votes to come in - it would be quite exciting to see what the people of the Citadel chose.

--

Morgan would like the people of Halo to vote on the next RQ. The options are:

1. A road to the portal and something to stop it from freezing over, so it can be used during Deepfrost.
2. A Greenhouse with magic protections so fresh crops can grow and be made
3. Creatures that will protect the Citadel, ie trained Ursurs or something magical
4. A stockpile of cloaks that would protect from the cold and make the wearer invisible in the snow.

Characters eligible for a vote are:  Deimos Neron, Elide, Hester, Noah, Kiada, Aisha, Chulane. If anyone feels left out by this list please PM me.

Please write your character arriving and discussing the options, then cast a vote here: Voting! You can include your characters IC decision in your post if you want!

It would also be great if any characters with opinions on what God to approach for these choices could speak up.
Treasures and crowns wouldn't mean a thing
If I only had a heart
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Online
Change author:
MP: 1005
I am not a scholar and I don't believe in fate
Exiting his office, Noah moved towards the long table that filled most of the council hall. He took his regular seat, on the left-hand side of the Warden. Lifting glacier eyes as he took his seat, Noah smiled toward Morgan. "Glad to have you back, safely." He knew that she had gotten straight to work upon her return -- he frequently saw her curls bouncing as she flitted from her office to here and there, her voice echoing through the hall as she greeted and sought to the needs of their people.

The hunter leaned back in his chair some as she spoke. When the papers were passed out, Noah held his carefully in his hands and read them over and over. He stayed quiet for some time, mulling over each idea and trying to weigh the pros and cons in his own opinion. Finally, he spoke. "I think the two best options for Halo would be to either build and curate the greenhouse, which could internally held sustain life for our people. Though, keeping the portal open throughout the year would allow for continued trade in Deepfrost, which we have not had access to...ever." He paused, as if continuing to mull over each of his own points. "We Halovians rarely need to rely on the outside world, on the surrounding regions." He looked at those gathered around -- there were so many outlander faces mixed with natural faces. He wasn't sure if that statement would cause any uproar or discomfort, but in his honesty he cared little if it did. "I think to be able to continue to self-sustain Halo is the best course of action. A greenhouse, impervious to the elements, is my vote. From what I know, Frey might once again be our best guide if that is what is chosen."

NOAH
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Online
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS
the ocean does not apologize for its depth
and the mountains do not seek forgiveness
Foundations of normalcy had filtered and fragmented back through their parallels, and the General could walk in amongst the Council Hall without the paralyzing weight on the breadth of his shoulders. Relieved, the beast took his seat, nodding towards the other inhabitants and members of the assembly, settling in to listen. Spine straight, notes taken, and analyzing the paperwork put in front of them allowed for his inner machinations to come full circle again, musing quietly in his own aspects.

He agreed with Noah in regards to which caught his eye, and would benefit Halo in the short and long run. Sustainability, especially in regards to food, was a major priority. And while quite a few of them hunted, the ability to have fresh produce from their own land, and not have to rely on others, would be immense.

Then there was access to the outside world during Deepfrost, which had already caused some issues in the past, and latest season. It was further away, but would remain in the back of his mind for a lengthy while, and some amount of mulling pulled at his calculations. Which would be better suited to now? Was there a timing issue? Could they pull both off within a single year? Following suit on Noah’s proclamations, the monolith pondered his own additions and gave them voice to the crowd. “What if we were to strive for the greenhouse first, and depending on time left in the seasons, aim for ensuring the portal remained open during Deepfrost?”
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Ningo Farmer

Age: 30 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 14 - Int:
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
MP: 35
CHULANE
let's set the world on fire
He was more separated from the council now, unable to handle the responsibilities that came with it during the depths of his grief last year. But he still worked, he still strove to provide for the region, to ensure it got through the season that was their hardest.

To think, a year ago he was considering leaving them once the farm was erected to live with Kiada in the Grounds. So much had happened since then – so much had changed.

And yet, it had all seem to come full circle as well, though he no longer felt the need to return to the Grounds, for Kia was with him, here. A hint of a smile curved his lips, a constant feature since she had returned this season. They attended the gathering, hands entwined, listening to the proposals – the options - laid forth.

Ultimately, Chulane would always be for the development of the agricultural side of things. Ensuring the region was fed in a self-sustaining way was key to ensuring its longevity.

But the isolation of Deepfrost had made it feel like a prison on more than one occasion. He chewed at his lip, thinking through different scenarios in his head.

The ningo farm is generating more than enough fertiliser to help greenhouses get established, and maintain them. Access to the portal during all seasons would give us equal opportunity for travel as the other regions.” He looked to Deimos, nodding with a smile. “I say we try for both.
we can burn brighter than the sun
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
KIADA
i'm sorry to interrupt, it's just i'm constantly on the cusp
of trying to kiss you, i don't know if you feel the same as i do
(I COMPLETELY FORGOT IM SORRY)

She arrives hand in hand with Chulane, a soft smile and a dip of her head given to Deimos as they settle in, as the suggestions are listed out by Morgan – someone that Kiada focuses her bright gaze upon. The papers are handed out and Kiada takes hers, mulls over the options and the voices that color the air around her. Greenhouses and roads to the portal, both of which would be beneficial, but Kiada can’t stop thinking of the portal.

How she could’ve come home before Flowerbirth provided it had been open. How the year prior when the Citadel had been attacked, they might have been able to seek refuge somewhere else while the carnage happened, somewhere warmer and easier.

So she takes a breath she doesn’t need, glancing up at Chulane curiously before her attention flickers to the rest of them all – Noah, Deimos, Morgan, the others gathered and casting their votes.

The Harpy has to throw a wrench in the plans, it seems. “I think that the portal should be made first… That one seems more difficult with the colder the weather gets and we might be able to finish it up before Deepfrost.” She pauses to run her tongue along her teeth. “The Greenhouse isn’t necessarily blocked by the seasons like the path to the Portal is.” It is Flowerbirth and with it the potential for getting more than one done, but she fears if they take too long making the Greenhouse then the Portal road would be all for nothing.
but we could be together, if you wanted to
do i wanna know if this feeling flows both ways?
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
AISHA
Returned to Halo just in time for the meeting, Aisha gathered in the council hall, adorned in her sheepskin coats, sword strapped to her side and golden curls tied back. A meeting to discuss the overarching plans of the season, Aisha was all about forethought, arrangements and better understanding of the goals of the people. She'd attended meetings like this back home, and always found it exciting, a place to share and be valued by the many.

She took her seat, smiling to friends who were already seated in theirs, then leaned forward as she listened. Morgan began, passing out papers and starting the discussion. Aisha took the parchment, scanning over the options as Noah began. The greenhouse was so tempting, even a speck of the plant-life present in other regions would be nice. More sustainable, likely helpful for Deepfrost when even hunting was restricted.

Keeping the portal open, also a fantastic idea. Aisha didn't mind being in Halo for a season, but she hated the fact that if she was needed elsewhere she had to simply sit and wait. She was a woman of action, constantly on the move, and with the creation of the guild it would be nice to not be restricted for the colder months, able to continue service through the blizzards and long nights.

Trained ursurs too, that might be nice. Perhaps an endeavor that the guild could look in to, if not the entire city. All the more reason to get a move on, there would always be more to do.

As everyone said, there was time. Which to do first was the main question. Aisha leaned towards the greenhouse, getting plants started before the cold season seemed like a good idea. So she wrote that down, casting her vote. Chulane mentioned trying for both, which would be optimal, but weren't there limits to what the benevolent gods might do for them? "Personally, I'm team greenhouse first, but if both is an option and it's just a matter of our effort, I don't think that should be a problem."
and there's a hole in my chest
like there's a hole in the sun
so tell me what's coming next?
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Morgan
the glacier
I'm king of the land,
I'm a ruler of seas
Morgan patiently waited for the votes to come in, listening to everyones discussions. For the most part she was quiet, just nodding and taking it in, trying to consider what was the best move, though she did interject once: "I do not believe two options in one season is possible. We cannot ask the Gods for too much at once...it may appear demanding." Not that she was an expert on the matter, but Morgan knew that it was a bad idea to seem like she was taking the God's gifts for granted and wanting more. "Perhaps we could, if both ideas are equally popular, attempt the other in Leafchange, just before Deepfrost."

Truthfully, she had not expected the Greenhouse to win over the Portal Road, but when the votes were counted, that was the result. Morgan announced this to the hall, showing all the votes on the table before her. "I will go and speak to Frey soon about this. I hope I can have all of your help, as we did last time. Together we can achieve this; thank you."

She'd have to psych herself up for another visit to Frey, but after the first time was over, Morgan found she wasn't so anxious of the God anymore. Hopefully it was the beginning of a successful relationship for Halo with the Deities above.
Treasures and crowns wouldn't mean a thing
If I only had a heart