street rat and knife bitch
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Age: 25 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
i'm really not so with you anymore
It'd been a moment since he'd been up the volcano, having spent the days following his unfortunate venture to the wilds surrounded by the safety of the city. Gathering new trinkets, trading in old ones for fresh food, living the luxurious life of sleeping somewhere different every night. He didn't plan on crashing in a tree again for a while, the crook in his neck still rather prominent.

The dark sooty soil clouded up behind him as he made his way towards a very specific spot on the mountain. All around Torchline Rigby had little hidden troves, places where he could stash his things without having to think about home ownership or storage space. He looked for a specific little cranny by a boulder, scrambling into the little cave area he'd found years ago and grabbing a small satchel. His best stolen things were in here, call it his emergency fund.

He emerged from the cranny with the satchel, sifting through it for something that he might be able to pawn off today.
i'm just a ghost
RIGBY
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia
How come silence is so loud in the shadows?
I wanna scream 'til it's on
Aurelia wades through the jungle along the Apopo ridges, her trademark cloak hiding much of her form and face. As far as anything else is concerned, she's nothing more than a shadow on the cliff edges. Her green gaze meshes against the fresh leaf shoots brought on by Flowerbirth as she sifts through plants that pique her interest.

It's a set of tracks she spies amidst softer soil that truly catch her attention. Abandoning the foliage, Aurelia bends down to more closely examine them. They're fresh, very fresh. In her time as a bounty hunter, tracking people down in specific is a well-honed skill of hers. A lot can be told from footprints; height, weight, injury, or even intention. This particular set seem to belong to someone tall, but not very heavy, and the pathing is very direct. There's little by way of hesitation or deviation from a direction.

They lead her up along a cliffside, towards a small cave created by a large boulder against the volcano. There's movement she hears as she closes in, a shuffle of feet, and suddenly an arrow is pointed in the direction of the cave mouth. Holding the shot and affixing her stance to something well-practiced, she prepares for whatever might come out.

A familiar, brown-eyed bum pops up.

"Rigby?!" She exclaims, shocked, bow still directed at him for a moment. "What are you doing here?"

Once the initial surprise is over, she gently lowers the weapon and frowns at him. "You don't actually live here, do you?" Skepticism weighs heavily on her voice.
Tell my feet they should run
but they don't follow
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Age: 25 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Rigby was already digging through the contents of his satchel as he emerged, not paying any attention to the world around him. Why should he? He'd come here many times, the natural little nook was well hidden and not at all commonly tread. He didn't expect to run into anyone until he was at least at the base of Apopo, so when a voice rang out (uttering his name no less), he yelped.

Reflexively he pushed the satchel back, his dark eyes settling on the girl and her lowering bow, the sharp point of the arrow. Once he realized she wasn't going to shoot him, it was just that girl, he scowled, glared, whatever the nastier of the two was. "What am I doing here? What're you doing? Were you going to fucking shoot me?" he snarled back in reply.
i'm just a ghost
RIGBY
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Aurelia
Aurelia can ease up now that she realizes it's just fucking Rigby. She's actually a little disappointed, had been hoping someone would give her an excuse to put an arrow in their ass.

"Yeah," she snaps at his reiteration of her question. As if it's unreasonable for her to ask. But he blurts more out at her, annoyingly enough, and she makes an effort to soften the tension that winds around her shoulders.

Think she gives a fuck if he's snarling and grimacing at her, she's the one with a deadly weapon. Still. It brings her a sense of cool confidence, regardless of whatever shit-fuckery he might try to pull.

"I'm hunting, as you do when you go out into the jungle with a bow and arrow," she remarks matter-of-fact, wiggling the grip on her bow in emphasis. She'd gesture to herself but she really feels like she doesn't need to. She's wearing a cloak, for god's sakes, Rigby. As for shooting him? She smirks and glances down at her weapon in consideration of the options. "Well, I still might. You didn't answer my question."
but they don't follow
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Change author:
Aurelia wasn't the only one disappointed. Rigby was equally as enthralled by running into her as she was, together their excitement amounted to like maybe a 1 on a scale of 1-10. He squinted at her short reply, continuing on in their fast paced shouting match. Both were stubborn, and even though knife bitch had her fancy armaments, Rigby had a feeling she wouldn't use them.

She answered first, explaining that she'd been hunting in that smart ass tone that he'd become familiar with. At her smirk and threat Rigby shrugged, "None ya," he replied, fully aware that the answer wouldn't satisfy her. She was always asking questions, trying to understand him, and he'd do his best to leave the vaguest and most infuriating trails.
i'm just a ghost
RIGBY
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
Aurelia feels a stark irritation pinch the skin between her brows and her lips tighten into an angry grimace. Her hands squeeze around the bow and...

"You know what," She grumbles, and Rigby might want to notice the shift in her demeanor because it's very telling - not that he'll have much time. Her expression goes from a playful, meaningless threat to completely murderous promise.

A single hand draws back the arrow, aiming it straight at his leg and letting it fly. Zero hesitance, zero remorse. It happens so fast, he barely has a chance. It blinks through the short distance between them and the sharpened arrowhead buries itself somewhere in the fleshy part of his thigh.

"Fucker," she mutters between her teeth. Wasting no further time on this, she whirls right around. She marches back down the path with full intentions of leaving him stranded there, to bleed out and die since it's 'none ya'. "None ya!" She mocks him to herself, voice fading as she increases the distance, "Yeah, it's not. Not my fuckin' problem. Prick ass pleb."
but they don't follow
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Change author:
He didn't have much time at all, but he did notice the shift. It was sudden, and maybe the moment that he doubted it could've been the time he needed to avoid. The arrow flew from her bow and lodged right in the front of his thigh, above his knee. The burn was immediate, strong and cruel, and it didn't fade. "Fuck?", he stumbled back with the impact, landing on his ass, more so on the satchel, crushing any of the glass things inside.

Rigby was quiet, he didn't speak often and when he did it was rude and cynical. Any shouting was reserved for anger, nothing more. And he never needed anyone else, he didn't trust anyone else. But here he was, the idiot who'd trusted the woman with the bow to not shoot him. Panic settled in his veins, oozing and radiating from the wound. It only surged when he looked up and realized she was leaving.

And he was so fucking angry. He wanted to stand and shove her off the cliff, see how she liked it. But he couldn't, and that would be stupid. That wouldn't stop the bleeding, and that wouldn't help him survive. He overindulged in his recklessness far too often, and now was not that time. "Wait, please," he shouted, voice cracking from it's usual low rumble. Tears stung his eyes, his hands held around where the arrow penetrated, skin covered in the red hot crimson.
i'm just a ghost
RIGBY
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
Aurelia has no more patience left in herself for Rigby. She's tried, okay? She's tried to show him mercy when he stole from her, tried to offer him her help in more ways than one; in friendship, in training, in a person to relate to and talk to. She knows full well what it's like to be nothing more than a street rat. She knows. He thinks he's so fucking edgy and shit, though, somehow gets it twisted in his head that he's so much better. So she'll actually help him, just this once. Not try. She will, by showing him that he's his own worst enemy.

His stumble to the ground is hardly noticed as she turns and carves her way down the path, snapping out insults he could probably only barely hear. She wants to remain rigid in her decision to leave him there, to let him flounder and struggle to get back to safety. If he's not an idiot, he'll make it. But then he shouts for her to wait, says please, and she can hear the sting of tears in his broken voice. She halts with a deep-rooted sense of guilt that starts to swirl and bubble like water in a pot.

Pursing her lips, she whirls back around and marches up to him. Her bow, still in hand, is slung over her shoulders. Her eyes narrow down to the arrow in his leg, her arrow. "This is rich," she barks out coldly, cruelly, glaring down at his face and crossing her arms, "so you only want my help when it's convenient for you? When you have no choice?" She bites back any further venom when she spots his tears.

With a reluctant sigh, she kneels down beside him to grip the arrow. "Hold the fuck still, this will hurt," one hand grips the base of the arrow near his thigh, holding it fast and tight, to leave it as a block for the wound. The other hand reaches up and snaps the rest of it off. Dismissively, she lets go of him and tosses the broken piece, having little care for any pain she's just inflicted. In the long run, this will help. "Let's go," she mutters, hooking her arm beneath his shoulder to support him and help him to his feet.
but they don't follow
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Change author:
Rigby might be his own worst enemy, but he's also his only friend. The only person who might've loved him died long ago, and he'd never met her. The only other person who was supposed to care blamed him and left him on his own. When there was nobody there, he was at least free of the guilt and sorrow. People only came and hurt him, or left. So he did it for them, he ran from them, he hurt them, until they knew not to try. It may be self destructive, but it was what he knew, and it usually worked to hide his fears.

But now all he felt was fear, a different kind of instinct kicked in, the one that needed someone else. Even if he was stupid and bold, he was as resilient, and would do anything to stay alive. Even cry, even beg, if that was what suited her. It did work, Aurelia stopped and turned, marching up to him with a vicious aura that made him wince. The pain didn't help, his hands shook uncontrollably, but underneath his frightened tears there was an anger, hot and churning and solidifying distrust and malice.

The knife bitch bent down before him and with a brief and not at all gentle order she snapped the shaft of the arrow away. He did a shitty fucking job of staying still, the movement against the wound ripping and re-surging that burning feeling through his body. Instinctively his hand shot out to push her away, but she'd already finished her task and stepped away. He returned to the bloody wound, touching gently around and seething at the contact.

Let's go, Rigby glanced up, sniffed and wiped away the salty tears that'd rolled down his cheek. He sucked it up and braced himself into her support, rising to his feet and immediately moving his weight to the other leg. He may know the path well, but she'd have to navigate, all his attention was on the stone that pressed against his muscles and stung with every step.
i'm just a ghost
RIGBY
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
He can squirm and writhe if he wants to be that obstinate even now, or maybe he really can't help it, but it doesn't put any pause on Aurelia's motions. She helps him stagger up to his feet, and she doesn't like this anymore than he does, but she's helping him anyway. She even scoops up his satchel. Whether the belongings within are broken or not isn't a concern to her.

Finding her way back won't be difficult as she's marked her own trail with cleverly-placed indicators. A habit she'd picked up on doing a long, long time ago. Getting lost isn't something she ever wants to do again, figuratively or literally. So at any rate, she tries to hurry them along as fast as Rigby can stand to go. There's little pity taken on his pain, however.

"I know someone," she mutters in between heaving breaths as she takes all of his weight on her shoulders, "who can help you. I think."

It's not as if he has much of a choice, either; he's pretty much at the whims of her mercy - which, there isn't much of, in case that's not already clear as day. However, she'll do what she can to fix what she's broken. As she does.

FIN! (here, at least)
but they don't follow