on the wings of change
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
RONIN
the darkstar
Loathe as Ronin might be to leave his budding life in Stormbreak - and never did he ever think he would call it budding, but with the wounds in his marriage starting to heal and scab over, and with his mental health well on its way to recovery, that's as good a word as any - he still has work to do. This work, at least, involves drifting majestically towards Torchline on a boat that can sail through clouds. And you know he's enjoying every single bit of it.

They emerge through a moody sky (unsurprising with the coming monsoons), but the heat and humidity on the air is already palpable, and Ronin has shed the coat he'd started the journey wearing. Now he's leaning against the side of the boat, scanning the cliffs for any sign of a white handkerchief or, at the least, a sad face.

But if anyone can turn a frown upside down it's Ronin Taliesin, especially when it's Sunjata's frown. He's already smiling as he crosses to the other side of the boat, checking for moorings along this side of the cliffs as well.
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SUNJATA
high as hell, feeling fine
nothing bad but nothing kind
A sky boat is something that absolutely intrigues Sunjata, even if it doesn’t show. He stands on the cliffs of Aumakua with a few Torchers, prepping whatever was needed for this sky boat to dock into albeit temporarily. Haai stands at his other side, awaiting for what could come, a piece of fabric in her jaws that’s not white, but yellow instead. One that when the briefest glimpse of the ship comes into view Haai takes to the sky close to Sunjata, waving that little yellow flag as she flies in circles.

Sunjata, himself, keeps his face neutral (or sad, however Ronin would perceive it) about the only thing he can do right now with his still healing wounds and a scar that travels up half his face. His arms are crossed and a jacket sits around him, light to repel the rain should it come, but still just warm enough to keep him that perfect furnace temperature.

It’s coming in.” He informs the Torchers who back away from their makeshift docking, Sunjata’s gaze expectantly turning to the sky boat, awaiting his best friend within it.
not a word from me
at least nothing you would mind
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
The Torchers prepare the way, and Ronin gazes briefly out across the sea where, if he squints, he might see the silhouette of Remi's wings. (The Lullaby, of course, joined him for this trip, but he's got business in the Greatwood, so they part ways before the boat comes in to land). Then his blue eyes flicker back and it's not just Sunjata he spots, but a merry yellow flag as well. A smile breaks across his face, and when the captain deftly and skillfully steers them in, Ronin is already preparing to jump across the gap and onto the cliffs.

They are the Dragon and the Flood; one a governor, the other a member of a secretive organisation. Both talented warriors in their own right. And yet, as they come face to face, despite Sunjata's sad look, this is the first time seeing the other man since he had apparently died flinging himself over the side of a cliff - and Ronin does not hold back.

"You stupid little fuck," he rumbles affectionately, sweeping up to hug Sunjata tightly. "Gods, how are you?"
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
Haai continues her graceful dips and dives in the air as the skyboat comes into dock. And before Sunjata knows it, Ronin’s already approaching – an air from the Star that feels akin to both relief and excitement at the prospect of being back here under… Better circumstances, he’s sure. Sunjata’s face remains mostly neutral, though the right side of his face left unscarred lifts just a fraction in a ghost of a smile as Ronin doesn’t hold back.

The hug is tight and Sunjata’s arms wrap around him just as tightly, even if there’s a few hisses of pain in places where Ronin squeezes. He wouldn’t have it any other way, though. “Who, me?” He mutters back, huffing a pained laugh, visibly and physically relaxing in his embrace, before he moves to pull away – hands raised to rest on Ronin’s shoulders. “Could always be better, you know that.” He half mutters, shrugging his shoulders.

Haai lands sometime in this embrace, slipping over to rub a wing by Ronin to capture his attention and to drop the yellow flag at his feet, feathered and fluffy tail wagging in delight. “I went with a yellow handkerchief. White felt too much like a surrender.” He tips a wink toward Ronin, before his attention shifts to the skyboat.
not a word from me
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
"Yes, you," Ronin says, grumbling an apology at the pain caused to his friend before drawing back enough to look Sunjata over properly. His eyes naturally go to the scar on the side of the Flood's face, though the Star isn't so bold as to reach up and manhandle the other man. Instead, he claps him on the shoulders in return, giving them a squeeze before stepping away to look to Haai.

With her tail going like a helicopter and a wing brushing against him, of course he leans down to collect the yellow handkerchief and give her some well deserved fuss. "Yellow is just stale surrender," he teases Sunjata, straightening up so he can stride over and help to tie off the skyboat.

He introduces the governor to both the dockmaster of Stormbreak's skyport, and the captain of the vessel, offering a bright smile to his friend. "So what do you think?"
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
There’s no room to argue the point and Sunjata knows deep down he’s never win, so the most he can do is offer a brief smirk when Ronin claps his shoulders, Sunjata giving the other man a brief squeeze before they part and Haai’s infiltrating. He steps back a fraction while the griffin dives into Ronin’s attention, head tilting this way and that to get all the best scratches the Star can offer.

There’s a click of Sunjata’s tongue, a huff of a laugh leaving him as he shrugs off Ronin’s comment of the yellow flag. “But not immediate.” He shoots back, stepping alongside Ronin to greet the dockmaster and the captain. Introductions aside, Sunjata’s gaze lingers on these sky boats, casting a curious glance back at his friend. “I think you might have to wear me down on it.” He murmurs, before he sucks in a sharp breath.

The connection would be nice, I’m sure it could benefit Torchline as well as Stormbreak.” His tone is flat, almost bored before he tilts his head back to Ronin. “But you know my reservations.” Everyone had to know his reservations with it, but he supposes that’s where a chat with Jack may come in handy. For now though, he folds his arms across his chest. “What would be needed for a port to be made here for it?And how could I ensure I keep eyes on those within?
not a word from me
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
Dutifully tucking the yellow handkerchief into his back pocket and giving Haai one final pat on the head, Ronin turns his attention more to the business at hand. With introductions given, the dockmaster and captain turn their attention back to their vessel, ensuring it is suitably moored and that everything is in good condition. This, of course, gives the two men ample time to talk. "Oh, don't worry," Ronin says, giving his friend a gentle nudge in the ribs, "I fully plan to wear you down on it."

His smile does fade, though, and he nods to Sunjata, giving the matter the seriousness that it deserves. "I do know," he says quietly. "From your point of view, perhaps you could see it as a chance to introduce some stuffy Stormbreakers into a bit of a better way of life?" The smile comes sneaking back across his face again, then.

As for how they would construct it? "I think it would need to be a combined effort. The dockmaster and someone from the Order would likely have the knowledge needed to ensure the port is safe and functional. But the Torchers would know the cliffs best, the way the winds and the tides work. I'd say up here on the Aumakua is an ideal place... and you could very easily get security for it, on your side."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
The nudge in the ribs is met with a hiss, albeit playful, but he shakes his head regardless as he watches the captain and dockmaster check their boat. Ronin’s seriousness in regards to his worries have him angling a bit more Ronin’s way, Haai threading herself against his leg before she sits easily on the dunes beside them like a watchdog of sorts, smoke drifting from her lips as she watches intently.

Perhaps.” He murmurs. Perhaps it could get enough under their skin to consider something other than the walls they’d encased themselves into with their beliefs, though Sunjata doubts it.

Instead, he considers Ronin’s words carefully, the mention of the cliffs and security, and were he home he might be able to see the ship arrive and depart. It all did sound good, all things considered. “Security is a must.” He offers to Ronin, his voice dropping a fraction. “The Order, I believe, destroyed the shrine here. You’ll forgive me if I don’t trust them to be on their own.” A shrug is granted. “But it may be beneficial with security. I don’t need attacks on my land nor my streets. For what it’s worth though, I don’t lump you in with those stuffy pricks.” Ronin might be a part of the Order now, but he wasn’t in Sunjata’s eyes.

He had been a member of his guild, first, after all.
not a word from me
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
One might be surprised to think that Ronin knows when to hold his tongue - and it's true that it's a rarity, but here and now, with Sunjata? He gives Torchline's Governor all the time he needs to think about things, to decide how he'd like things and where things need to change. He has to resist the urge to lean in and scritch behind Haai's ears, stuffing his hands in his pockets until Jata speaks. "It's probably wise to have Torchers as security on this side, then," he murmurs, even though it might seem obvious. "And Stormbreakers on the other. Keep it local."

Nodding, as if continuing to think on it even after his agreement, he flashes a dark look across to the Flood to hear of a shrine's destruction. Said shrine's demise had taken place in his rocky period with Remi, so he's comparatively in the dark about all of that. "Might I suggest some extra security for the shrines as well, then?" He smiles, before huffing out a breath that blows his dark hair away from his forehead.

"I could propose an agreement with Cian, as well," he says. "A promise of peace for any who visit from Stormbreak, and vice versa? Should that peace be broken... well. I imagine each city could deal with it as they see fit. Would that work?"
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
It’ll be arranged. I imagine it’ll take some time to get the dock made where I can speak to those who will keep eyes on it.” Something tells him Jack would love the opportunity to fuck with any Stormbreakers that would dare to cause trouble. Sunjata knows he himself would be.

Ronin can resist all he likes but Haai peeks back at him occasionally, before a bout of energy overtakes her and she’s darting around the cliffs, barking and puffing smoke at the Hels that drift too near, before she comes back to Ronin and plops before him and Sunjata, entirely pleased with herself for taking care of the threat.

I was supposed to have eyes on it before now when I found out the Priest’s plan. But they arrived during LongNight so the eyes I had were likely partying.” He rolls his eyes and huffs out a sigh, watching Haai’s shenanigans until she stops. At the mention of Cian, though, Sunjata can’t help but to make a face of distaste. “That could work, I suppose. Rules would have to be outlined, of course.” He levels a gaze with Ronin. “I’ll need to smooth over feathers here, it’ll be tentative at best.
not a word from me
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
"Well, I've all the time in the world since settling in Stormbreak. If nothing else, this dock is an excuse for me to visit you whenever I want." Ronin shrugs his shoulders, like it's nothing. It isn't nothing, and they both know that, but that's the line they're both walking for now, it seems. Dockmaster and captain at least seem pleased with the place they've docked so far; neither man has seen Torchline, and it's evident in their wide eyes and grins.

Ronin would like to say he was listening when Sunjata speaks, especially given just how important the information was likely to be, but he's thoroughly distracted by Haai instead. Grinning at the griffin as she takes care of the nasty, serious threat of the hels, he casts a sidelong look at the governor. "How on earth do you get anything done here," he mutters.

Anyway - back to skyboats. "But of course," he says, of both rules and smoothing down feathers. "I imagine the sailors here might be a little taken aback by the flying ships. Though if you are really keen to see how everything will work out..." Here Ronin flashes his friend a grin. "...You could always come to Stormbreak with me for a visit."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
You’re different from them, though.” He shoots back, offering a quiet laugh in response. Obviously Ronin knew that, right? Sunjata would be hard pressed to lump Ronin into the grouping of the Order, regardless of what kind of deal he had with them. Sunjata simply assumes that their friendship is more than that. But Haai departs to protect them and returns quite pleased with herself, plopping back down and panting her pride, fanning feathers under the attention of Ronin.

He snorts at the muttering, shaking his head. “Yeah well, she tends to like everyone but me.” He raises a brow toward Ronin, the edge of a smirk lingering on his face. He listens to Ronin’s words, mulling them over for a moment before he asks the Torchers that have come to help dock the boat to take the dockmaster and captain down into Haulani to go through the specifics of what would be needed to be built there – and to perhaps show the men around the liveliest part of Torchline.

He turns toward Ronin now more officially, folding his arms across his chest and purses his lips (as much as the scar will let him). “You sure that’s wise?” He asks. “I… Could make a quick trip, probably. I’ll complain the entire time, though. Just so you're aware.” He flashes a wink Ronin’s way, but at least this way he’d have an idea of just how stuffy Stormbreak was, what kind of rose tinted glasses they viewed the world from.
not a word from me
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
"Why, how kind of you to say so," Ronin murmurs, watching the exchange between the Torchers and the Stormbreakers and the way they trail off down the cliffsides towards Haulani. He has no doubt that they will fit right in here - Sunjata doesn't know, of course, that under the stuffy crust of Stormbreak's upper echelons, there lies an underbelly just as sordid as here on the islands. Snorting to hear Jata's description of Haai, the Star leans down to pet the griffin a little more. "Sugar's the same with me," he admits. "I think it's their way of keeping us in check, is all."

Straightening up again, Sunjata's ever so serious posturing and expression earns a grin that creeps across Ronin's face. The Flood eventually agrees, however reluctantly, and the grin beams out in full force. "With me? I think it's very wise," he says. "You can see where I work. And maybe even where I live. Remi and I... we worked things out." And it shows, the Star happier and more relaxed than he has been in seasons.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Haai leans into each and every scratch, tail wagging hard enough that the light thumping against the dune grasses is heard despite the winds that whip around them. “She bites fucking hard though.” He retorts with a quiet huff of a laugh, watching the griffin’s excitement at all the attention with a bit of amusement. Though he can feel the happiness that radiates from her, wings flaring in her appreciation of everywhere Ronin pets her.

Sunjata’s gaze, however, lifts to Ronin and spies the beaming grin – nearly shying away from it with a huff and a shake of his head. He turns from Ronin back to the skyboat, unable to keep the feathers from sprouting along his shoulders that ruffle with the wind. Lips part to comment something wry and distasteful when it comes to Stormbreak before Ronin drops the next bit. His gaze snaps to him immediately, dark brows raised. “Did you?” He asks instead, trying to spy the lie along the Star’s face, before a soft smile crosses his face and he reaches out again to squeeze Ronin’s shoulder. “Good. I’m happy for you, Ronin.” He offers, meaning it with all the honesty he can. “Are you staying together or is he still in the… Greatwood, was it?
not a word from me