look at this godforsaken mess that you made me
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

The invitation hangs in the air between them and she wants to take it. Why shouldn't she? Aurelia travels. She has the Ark and her job. She'll be gone for who knows how long and Maeve will be by herself. Of course, she can have anyone. Go anywhere. They're tied to each other, but it isn't like that. Just like Aurelia is tied to Milo, but still has her too.

Maeve has so much to give. So much that she could do and she could be, but she stays. She stays at the Halenani and she entertains guests and she longs for something more, but never takes steps to get it. Too scared to leave the only place that's ever felt like home. "Maybe... Although, people who travel with me seem to find themselves in particularly shitty situations."

She turns to look at him just as he looks at her. Their eyes meet and her breath feels like it catches in her throat. The same tightness that he's been feeling in his chest suddenly is echoed in hers. Maeve licks her lips, "Better than freezing to death in Halo or being torn to shreds by monsters. He shifts himself closer to her and she lets herself lean into him too. Her head drops against his shoulder as her eyes turn back to the water. The waves rush up to kiss the shore and retreat over and over and over again.

"I don't think she's ready for everything that she wants." Maeve whispers, digging her toes into the sand as her hand comes up to curl around his arm. She can feel the heat of his skin through the thin fabric of his shirt and she focuses on the way it soaks into her palm, mingling with her own warmth. "I think she'd be okay with just... trying."
Poor little girl
still waiting for her happy ending

Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
i don't mind compassion
"I can handle shitty situations." He's done it before and he'll do it again. Plus, he thinks it would be fun. Might that might be a bit much, a bit too quickly. He doesn't know how these things work but he does know that he doesn't know her well. And she doesn't know him. He lets the quiet wash over them as he thinks.

"Trying works.. For me.." It's a whisper, barely above the waves. He's never done this but if she wants to try.. So will he. Taking risks is the best part about the kind of shit he does. Right? And high risk equals high reward and it doesn't get much better than her.

Her body is warm against his and her fingers curl softly at his arm. How long as it been since he's been touched like this? Has he ever been touched like this? The man tilts his head against hers, turning to press the barest hint of a kiss into her hair. "See you got it cleaned up. Looks good." He brings his other hand up to run through it as he leans back to look at Maeve properly. Much better than he did.

"How have you been? Besides the not sleeping? Are you doing okay?" He wants to ask why she couldn't sleep but he has a feeling he knows what it is. Maybe. Or he's full of himself. Maybe she'll enlighten him. Either way, she's been on his mind far too much in the last few days.
just not on my dime
LOCKE
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

It feels like a promise. Like he's telling her that she can handle what she throws at him. Whatever mess they end up in. Just like Aurelia can. "Even being up to your tits in tar?" She asks softly, a faint smile settling on her lips as she leans her weight into him. To go from having no one to having two people who care about her is overwhelming, but she's grateful for it. Even though she's still getting to know both of them. It leaves her feeling hopeful. Her heart doesn't feel so cold.

Four little words. He's willing to try and so is she. They can figure it out together. "Okay... I'm glad." Maeve's eyes flutter shut when his lips barely brush against her head. It's soft and sweet. A kiss made for comfort. She watches him pull back, eyes taking in her face and her hair and her. Maeve reaches up, covering his hand with hers for a second as he cups the back of her head. "Thank you. They didn't have to do much to it. Guess you did a better job than you thought."

Maeve leans into his palm, expression open and softer than earlier. The anger and hurt having faded the longer they were together. A sigh pushes past her lips and she drops her gaze, "I- I'm okay. Just with the monsoons, getting tossed across the Wilds for a second time, and everything. I've just been stressed. I'm okay. Promise. How are you?"
Poor little girl

Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
i don't mind compassion
He chuckles as he threads his fingers through her hair, watching the dark silky locks fall between his fingers. "Can't say I've ever had tar up to my tits.. Been in plenty of other sticky situations though." Some on purpose and some not. But still, he thinks he can handle it. Or he can try at least. That's what this is all about, right? Trying?

The soft smile she gives him, followed by the sigh makes him frown, just a bit. He doesn't know how to tell. Doesn't really know what's wrong. Maybe all the being flung around and shit. He doubts what he did helps any. Even if it seems like it's alright now. So he just drops his hand from her hair, wrapping his arm around her body to pull her closer. "M'fine. Really am. Just.. wanna go. Get  out, ya know?" He sighs himself, shaking his head.

"Besides that I caught a bird in the wilds. Don't entirely know why I went out there after you told me what happened but..-" He shrugs, rolling his shoulder. He didn't get yeeted any where so it's fine. He sits there for a moment, soaking in her warmth before he stands up, holding his hand out to her. Locke wiggles his fingers, a mock sense of urgency clear in his movements.

"Come with me. Right now." The grin that splits his face is almost manic. Just a little off kilter. It's fine.
just not on my dime
LOCKE
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

His chuckle makes her shiver when combined with the fingers carding through her hair. She's always been a sucker for having her hair played with and he figured it out that night they had together. When things shifted and suddenly grew complicated because feelings can't ever be easy. Except they can when you don't fight them. Which is her plan right now. Not to fight; to just give in.

"Where would you go? If you left... Don't really seem like the type made for cold weather." Every time she's run into him he's been in a shirt missing sleeves. Every single time. Maeve is starting to think he might be allergic to sleeves. The thought makes her huff out a laugh, but she manages to quiet herself as he speaks. Instead she focuses on leaning into his embrace, fingers tracing lightly over his skin as she looks out at the water.

The waves are rough. Beating themselves against the shore thanks to the wind that pushes them along. The change of season is obvious with the way the ocean seems to grow darker each day. She's about to ask him why he caught a bird and what exactly he did with the bird, but the man has other plans.

He stands quickly, extending his hand to her and her brows draw together even as a nervous smile tugs on her lips. "Where? You're not taking me away to kill me, are you?" It's a joke and that much is made clear when she takes his hand, allowing him to pull her to her feet.
Poor little girl

Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
i don't mind compassion
He hums, shaking his head, "Don't know. Anywhere. Everywhere maybe. Gonna see it all." There's a laugh as he pulls her up into his arms. He's feeling some kind of way. Maybe it's the cool air or her or the sound of the waves crashing on the shore. Either way, something is under his skin. He leans down to press a kiss to the side of her jaw before he leads her closer to the water.

"Definitely not gonna kill you. Pretty sure someone would be after me. Plus I kinda like you and all of that." He stands there for a moment before letting go of her hand. He gives her another grin before pulling his shirt up and off his head, tossing it onto one of the rocks. One hand smooths over his stomach as he looks at her, "Swim with me?" He's tempted to strip down and get naked but he needs to slow down. Maybe. They've already fucked so does it matter?

It does. A little bit. "Water is cold as shit but I promise I'll warm you up after." Is this flirting?
just not on my dime
LOCKE
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

She's tugged easily onto her feet, stumbling forward with a giggle as they slip in the uneven sand before she's caught in his arms. This feels better. Lighter. His lips find the underside of her jaw and she feels the rasp of stubble against sensitive skin. "Sounds like you have grand plans." She's unable to help the way she melts into him, leaning into his embrace as if it's second nature for her to do. Maeve lets him walk towards the waves, not realizing how close they're getting to the edge of the water.

"People would definitely come looking. I'd be missed. There would be wailing in the streets." When he finally pulls away, she's distracted momentarily by the removal of his shirt.  Her eyes dip down to his chest, following the trail of his hand over his stomach where his fingers tease at the waistline of his pants. Maeve draws her bottom lip between her teeth, not hearing him at first. Then his words sink in and that light feeling that had been buoying her promptly disappears.

Her smile falters and she takes a small step back, cheeks burning with embarrassment as her fingers twist in the shawl she has draped over her shoulders. "You know, you could just come warm me up now. We don't have to swim for that to be an option." Maeve suggests, shrugging her shoulders like it's no big deal and hoping he takes the bait.
Poor little girl

Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
i don't mind compassion
"Hell yeah. Gonna fuckin'.. rule the world or some shit." He doesn't actually have delusions of grandeur but he's having fun. It's not like he gets to entertain the idea of sweeping some woman off her feet and whisking her away to lands unknown very often. Her little giggle does wonders for him and he wants to just.. grab her, maybe even kiss her. It's a strange feeling but one he's enjoying.

Until she's backing away, sinking into herself. Did he do something wrong? Maybe not. Sounds like she wants to mess around at least so maybe he hasn't totally fucked it up. Even if they had sex the last time he fucked it up.. It's fine. He only pouts a little, stepping towards her with his hands out. Maybe she just doesn't want to swim. Could be that. Maybe she doesn't want to mess up her make up or something. As if he cares.

Locke clicks his tongue with a little tilt of his head. "Aww c'mon Mae.. Don't wanna swim with me? Promise I'll get naked first.." He's clearly teasing as he steps forward, fingers threading into her shawl to pull her forward. He leans down, holding her gaze, "Not afraid of the ghost whales, are ya? I'll protect ya."
just not on my dime
LOCKE
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

She doesn't want to disappoint him, but there is fear already sinking into the pit of her stomach and she can feel a slight tremble in her hands. Maeve tightens her grip on her shawl, willing the tremors to stop as he moves towards her. His voice is sweet as he practically coos at her, trying to cajole her into joining him with easily kept promises. Maeve steps forward when he drags her closer to him, eager to feel his warmth.

"You're going to laugh at me." She huffs, hands coming up to brace lightly against his chest. The moonlight highlights the paleness of her skin when alongside his and she's drawn in for a moment. Maeve chews on her bottom lip, ducking her head down so it's tucked beneath his chin as if she's trying to hide. "I don't know how to swim." The words are muffled and lost in the crashing of the waves, unable to be heard by him.

Maeve draws in a shaky breath, cheeks burning red as she looks up at him, "I never learned and I- I almost drowned when I was little. I haven't been in the water since." She admits it to him softly like she's confessing some kind of sin. When it is anything but a lingering scar from her childhood.
Poor little girl

Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
i don't mind compassion
When she tucks herself against him, he thinks he might be able to get used to this. He slips one hand into her hair again as the other winds around her waist. She's small and warm and smells like lavender. The floral notes mixed with the salty ocean smell might just be his favorite. "Torcher that don't know how to swim.. Didn't think it was possible.." He huffs a laugh as he looks down at her, holding her gaze.

"Maybe I can teach ya some day. When the water is warmer." He pulls her back against him, leaning down to press another kiss into her dark hair. He takes a step back, pulling her with him. "Guess we can just warm up then." How far she's willing to go with things, he's not sure but hey, he can try.

Locke grabs his shirt, spreading it out on the ground to make a makeshift blanket. He sits down, holding his arms out for her. "C'mere." He's a little calmer but his heart is still racing. The constant hard thump in his chest is starting to get aggravating. It's only when she's around, like he's suddenly aware of just how alive he really is. He's been coasting for awhile.. Maybe it's time for a change.

"Wanna know a secret?"
just not on my dime
LOCKE
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Her lips press in a thin line as he teases her and she pushes lightly at his chest, making no move to get away from him. "I wasn't ever taught! She defends herself against his teasing, but he's good at unruffling her feathers it seems. With his roguish smile and soft eyes. It's hard to stay irritated when he makes sweet promises to her and she lets him soothe her with gentle kisses and strong arms wrapped around her small frame.

"I could maybe be convinced to give it a try," she finally relents, laying her cheek against his chest as he holds her close. Only when he pulls back does she support her own weight once more. "Now that is something I can do." Maeve hums, following after him as he finds a spot in the sand to lay down his shirt for them.

Only once Locke settles, beckoning her forward, does she follow. Her hands rest at his shoulders as she lowers herself into his lap, letting her palms run over his chest as she straddles him. The moon makes his eyes seem brighter and she can only imagine that they're even more stunning in the sunlight. She feels his heart beating against her palm and she knows that her own heartbeat echoes his as it pounds against the inside of her ribs. A small smile curls onto her lips and she leans in closer to him, molding her smaller body to his.

"Tell me your secret."
Poor little girl

Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
you say money isnt everything
He's not expecting her to straddle him but he's very much not against it. Although it does maybe make some things a bit more apparent than he was planning. Except the whole.. he was going to get naked thing. He'll deal with it later, it's fine. He loosely wraps his arms around her, hands slipping under the fabric of her clothes to find skin. Warm, soft, pale, so many things he is not. They kind of balance each other out.

Locke leans forward, one hand coming up to slightly pull her collar to the side so he can press a kiss to her neck. "Never kissed anyone." There's a pause as the man leans back, looking his lover over for a moment. There's thinly veiled heat there, but softness too. "Don't think I've ever wanted to until I met you." It's sappy, sticky sweet but true. He's bedded and been bedded plenty of times but he's never wanted that with anyone else.

It's too intimate, too personal. Sex is an action taken to relieve a need. Kissing? That's for lovers, stolen in quiet moments, given passionately in others. Locke is not a lover. But Maeve is and she's his so... Kissing is okay, right?

He nudges the tip of his nose against hers, eyes fluttering shut, "Don't laugh okay."
but i'd like to see you live without it
LOCKE
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

The wind nips at her skin as he inches her shirt up so he can slip his fingers beneath the loose fabric to find bare skin. His touch is cool at first, but quickly warms as he holds her in place. Not that she plans on going anywhere. Maeve is content to stay right here. Wrapped up in his arms with the moon and the stars looking down at them; nothing but the sound of the waves to keep them company. It's easy to lose herself here. Maeve thinks she wouldn't mind it so much. To get lost with him for a night. For many nights.

His lips brush across her skin, pressing his secret into her neck and she sighs with it. Surprise pulls at her features as he draws back to gaze at her. Her eyes wide and lips parted in a soft, "Oh..." She didn't think his confession would be so soft. So sweet that her teeth ache from it. "Guess that explains some things... Like why you left so quickly," her eyes meet his and she moves a hand to cup his cheek, thumb brushing lightly over the stubble there as he leans forward. His nose nudges hers playfully and she can't help smiling.

Her own eyes close as she sinks into this moment with him, sharing his breaths and warmth as he cradles her close to his chest. "M'not gonna laugh... Do you want to kiss me?" She whispers, voice mixing with the crash of the waves that seem miles away now that she's wrapped up in him.
Poor little girl

Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
i don't mind compassion
Just a few more centimeters and the deed will be done. He just has to tilt his head a little to the left, part his lips, it'll be fine. Don't her lips look so soft, inviting. They deserve to be kissed, nipped at, bit. And yet, he hesitates. He keeps telling himself that he can do this, that he wants this. And he does, so fucking much. He leans into her hand, trying to fight down the welling feeling in his stomach. It was heat before, lusty and strong and almost overwhelming. But now? His stomach churns and he feels sick, his hands are trembling as they skim across her back. Why is he so pathetic? Can't even kiss someone..

Locke tucks his head back, looking away as he lets her go. He doesn't want her to have to stay, if she doesn't want to. It's clear there's something off in his head and she shouldn't have to deal with it. "I do but.. I just.." He shakes his head, not really sure what his hang up is exactly. Intimacy scares him, almost more than anything. The thought that he has value to someone beyond just his skills but for just being himself.

"M'sorry." He can't bring himself to look at her, instead finding a small shell to look at. It doesn't help.
just not on my dime
LOCKE