play with fire
Jack!!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
my heart and soul were never mine to own, what do you care to die for?
In order for this to work, Sunjata needs eyes. He needs people to be where he can’t. And he knows that he isn’t the one that can make that happen.

But he knows who can.

It’s dreary as hell when he arrives at the Ark, stepping up onto the ship as the rain plinks against the wood of the rails and deck, but he has one place in mind. The captains quarters. A place he’d been to before. His knuckles rap gently along the door to announce his presence, before he recalls the information Jack had given him. Jack, we have to talk. He thinks, momentarily wondering if it even worked like that.

He steps back, though, giving space from the door even if it means the rain continues to pelt his skin, soaking him through and through.
we die alone, we'll all die young
what do you care to die for? what do you care to die from?
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 7 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
SEVEN - Mythical - Sear Cat
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
i want to taste you again
"It's open."

There are perks to someone knowing what he can do - Jack already knows that. But there's also an infinite amount of danger in it, and he can only hope that Sunjata doesn't tempt fate there. When the Governor steps into his cabin, he'll find Jack already sitting at his desk, poring over maps and various scrolls of paper; favours and stock requested from Torchline's blackest markets.

It's relatively cozy in the cabin; there's a smell of rum and cinnamon on the air, and the glass Jack sips from is steaming, even if he can't particularly enjoy it in his cursed state. (Habit, what can he say). Various lanterns have been lit to provide light to the dreariest of days, and the captain lifts his eyes from his work to gesture for Sunjata to take a seat. Reaching down, Jack also grabs a hand towel to throw his way that he might dry off.

"Skyboats?" he assumes, leaving the Governor to fill in the blanks.
like a secret or a sin
JACK
Jack being an Abandoned is common knowledge these days, however his Telepathy remains a well-kept secret:

Magic: Passive Telepathy | The user can read the surface thoughts and emotions of those within a 30ft radius. Control is excellent. Note: "Thoughts and emotions" include anything written in a character's narration in a post.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered

Also branded with a small star tattoo beneath his left eye.

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
The second Jack says it’s open, Sunjata’s turning the knob and dipping inside as quickly as his sore joints will let him. His gaze lifts, finding Jack settled at his desk, infinitely better than the last time he’d stepped foot within the quarters. At least this time Sunjata absolutely plans on keeping his hands to himself and not fucking with anything. He’s bombarded by the scent of rum and cinnamon and something about it is almost homey, almost soothing, if it weren’t for what turmoil settles in his chest.

Regardless, he steps in and takes a seat, catching the towel that’s thrown at him and begins to dry off his hair first and foremost. “Skyboats.” He confirms, running the towel along his face, gingerly away from the slight pain of the scar in his cheek still. “I’m going to agree to it on the condition that we have our own security to meet it and its people here.” He rumbles, pulling the towel away to rub at his scarred and tattooed neck, leveling his steel gaze with Jack. “Was thinking you might like to be in charge of it.” At least, he assumes, only for the fact that it would be Jack and his people enacting the security and punishment.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"Help yourself." Jack is motioning to the bottle of rum on his desk, along with the couple of sticks of cinammon that poke out of a package of brown paper. It's a relief in a lot of ways for him not to have to pretend not to know Sunjata's surface thoughts; if the Flood finds the atmosphere soothing and comforting, then he can go ahead and make himself at home.

Jack begins to put away his rolls of parchment as Sunjata speaks, preferring to give the Governor the illustrious boon of his full attention, and a smile starts to creep across his face. "I don't like to be directly in charge of anythin' but this ship," he reminds the other man. That doesn't mean that Jack doesn't like to indirectly be in charge of everything else - he does, and he is.

"I can get Zeph on it, and I can have a few of my guys be involved right at the beginnin'," he murmurs. "Anythin' in particular you want to be on the lookout for?"
like a secret or a sin
JACK
Jack being an Abandoned is common knowledge these days, however his Telepathy remains a well-kept secret:

Magic: Passive Telepathy | The user can read the surface thoughts and emotions of those within a 30ft radius. Control is excellent. Note: "Thoughts and emotions" include anything written in a character's narration in a post.

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Oh he absolutely does help himself. The second Jack offers it, Sunjata’s reaching out for the bottle, fixing himself up a drink just the same as the Captain’s, complete with a cinnamon stick. He swirls it around to release the spice, letting his words reach Jack and the offer that settles within. He knows Jack wouldn’t want to be directly involved, but it was his muscle and fingers and hopefully fighters that Sunjata needs.

But he does spy the smile and the Governor sits back to take a sip of the rum, trying to keep it from inflaming the scar on the side of his cheek. “Perfect. For now? I want to keep tabs on the Order and hopefully find out who else is involved with them. And if a certain priest shows up, I’d not be opposed to sending him back.” The ghosting of a smirk that crosses his face absolutely pairs with the thought sent Jack’s way. Revenge for the shrine, fully sanctioned. A repercussion for what he’d done here.
SUNJATA
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Change author:
As Sunjata speaks and gives away more information both verbally and in his thoughts, Jack gets some fresh parchment and is already penning a letter to Zeph. There are certainly a few recognisable words in the paper, but a lot of it seems symbolic or like nonsense - that's the whole point of a thieves' cant, at the end of it all. Still, he nods and spends a few more moments writing out said letter, signing it with a flourish and blowing on the parchment to let it dry.

"Any idea what this priest looks like?" he inquires. "Got his name, too?" A smaller bit of paper is pulled before him now, and when Jack writes, it's all in code this time. "And is there anything else I might do for you while you're here, Governor?"
like a secret or a sin
JACK

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
His gaze drifts over the paper that Jack takes notes on, knowing absolutely nothing of the code and preferring it that way, before he’s glancing at the glass in his hand, lifting it to take another sip as he hears the question Jack gives. “His name is Gideon. If you want to glean into what he looks like, ask Aurelia about him.” He swirls the cinnamon stick in the rum a few more times as he considers his words. “She’s met him a couple of times.

As for anything else? Well, not that he’s aware. He mulls it over, considering if there’s anything else. “Thank you for helping me specifically the last few seasons.” This is said a bit softer, all the honesty slipping through his words and mind with it as he goes to lift his head to look back at Jack. “Honestly, if there’s anything I can do for you, do let me know.
SUNJATA
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Change author:
The Priest. Gideon. Speak to Aurelia to glean more information. Jack doesn't need to write that down, storing it away in his memories and folding and rolling the notes and scolls to set them to one side. He reaches to sip at his rum again after that, and if it's too hot then he has no idea about it - either way, it's a nice habit to keep making sure he eats and drinks. "Consider it done," he says - the security, the priest and the punishment will all be in hand, as long as Jack has got anything to do with it.

Can Sunjata do anything for him, though? The captain waves a hand away, as if to tell the Flood not to thank him (it's weird and he already knows he's got the other man in his debt and then some). "Ark'll be headed off in a couple weeks. It'd be good if you could keep the islands in one piece til she gets back." He grins. "Other'n that, I can't think of anythin'."
like a secret or a sin
JACK

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Instead of another thanks, Sunjata simply dips his head – waved off as he was. He takes another deep drink of the rum, mulling it over as he listens for what Jack’s plan is, what he could have Sunjata do. And honestly? It should be an easy and simple thing if it were anyone else but it isn’t. All he can do is huff a quiet laugh, nodding and knocking back the rest of the drink, setting the glass on the table before he moves to stand.

I’ll actually try my best this time.” He assures Jack with a half turned up smirk, standing up a bit more fully to cast one last glance around the room before his eyes land on Jack again. “If I don’t see you before you all set off, I hope you have a good voyage.” And with that easy parting, Sunjata slips out the door of the Captain’s room and makes his way back toward the cliffs.

- FIN <3333
SUNJATA