[Seasonal Event] Preparations
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Samuel
Tell me little dear if you've only lived here,
have you ever really lived at all?

Sam did not need to eat. For that simple reason, he had never before taken part in the stockpiling of food for the LongNight. But now he had a possibility of guests taking refuge in his home. Most likely Jigano, whom Sam was certain ate food and would be needing some. For the benefits of his friend he set off to the Rathskeller with a few valuable books in his arm.

He went to the tavern and not the markets for two reasons: Firstly, he assumed the Rathskeller would have more in the way of food designed to last a long time, that he could keep in his cupboards and not worry about rot. Secondly, Jigano worked here...there was a chance that there was food there he was used to or might like.

Purposefully going when the bard's shift was not on, he stepped towards the bar. He didn't recognise the woman behind it, who exuded a confidence that immediately made him want to shrink away. But he was doing this for his friend, so he was going to do it.

Sam placed the bag of books down on the counter. "Hello. I...I um. I was wondering if I c-could talk to somebody. About getting food here. A-a lot of it."

Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
Edy
I'm not totally useless.
I can be used as a bad example

At the sound of the timid voice, Edy had expected to see a kid standing at the bar. So when she athletically spun about, a wicked smirk painted on her lips, she was surprised to see Samuel who was 1. not a child and 2. probably a good deal older than she was.

Still, a customer was a customer. Leaning against the bar so that her small but ample breasts were pushed up against her crossed arms, she gave Sam a slow look up and down. "A lot of food huh?" She purred, dark eyes finally settling on his face. "You look pretty scrawny to need a lot. You throwin' a party or something?"

Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Samuel

The woman leaned forward much more than he had expected. Samuel wondered if she meant to push up her breasts like that. Determinedly he kept his eyes on her face, not wanting to bring attention to her embarrassing mistake.

"N-no. I'm not really the kind of person to throw parties." He explained. Did he really look that scrawny? Sam had always thought he had a kind of lean, good figure; it was one of the few things he'd thought were going alright for him. "I don't...eat. Which I guess is why I-I'm..scrawny. Like you said."

Anyway, he had to come up with a good enough sounding reason for needing the food. He took a deep breath before he began the little speech he'd prepared. "Well. I have..maybe. A friend coming over for L-LongNight. And he does eat. So I need some food that will last. A-all week, and until then too. Please."

Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Edy
I'm not totally useless.

Edy raised a brow. Not the kind to throw parties? Weeellllll. How boring was that? Not eating though? "Ooohhh, you're one of the ascended huh?" Leaning forward, Edy would shoot out her arm to try and boop the man on the nose if he stood for it. "I've heard about ya'll. " She said with a knowing nod. Though if Edy knew about the sex-bite stuff, she would be over the counter in a heartbeat.

"Oh a frriiieeeennddd huh." Edy purred salaciously, stringing out the word and half-winking at him. "Whats your friend like to eat? Sausage?" Wiggling her brows, Edy tossed her head back and cackled musically, happiness and amusement brightening her dark features considerably.  Gods Edy loved working here. Vai never gave her shit  for the things that came out of her mouth while on the job. Then again...if she knew the sorts of things that had been in her mouth while at work, that might be another story.

Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

Samuel

Edy immediately identified him as an Ascended, which he supposed was obvious, but it still sent a nervous jolt through Sam...that was immediately replaced with confusion when his nose was...tapped?? He reached up to gently touch it after her fingers had left, trying to feel if she had left anything on there.

She said friend as if she had never heard the term before. Was this girl horribly lonely?

"I don't...know if he li-likes sausages. Um. I think he eats meat...? But I don't know if sausages would k-keep well enough. Maybe if they're sealed s-somehow? Or salted?" Sam began to consider it in earnest, tapping a finger to his chin. "Do..do you know what Jigano likes?"

Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
Edy
I'm not totally useless.

As Sam stuttered through a reply, Edy's grin only widened, and she clumsily and childishly balanced her jaw on one of her hands as she gazed adoringly up at him. He was like a puppy somehow, all limbs and no understanding of the world. Maybe that wasn't quite right, but for a first impression it was good enough.

"Oyy, stop." Edy laughed, trying to interrupt him and reaching out for a hand or sleeve or whatever part of him might be in reach. "It was a sex joke. You know, spending all of LongNight alone with some guy, sausages being code for dick?" Her grin turned wry and the sparkle in her eyes mischievous. But that was the nice thing about Edy: as much of a shit as she was, there was rarely ever any malice in it.

At the mention of Jigano, Edy stood up looking absolutely delighted. "Jigano huh? All eyebrows and quips and cheekbones? Sings okay too?" At that moment Bobi jumped up onto the bar. She couldn't purr, but she did make a pleasant sort of growling sound as she flopped down lazily between the two.

"I mean, he eats the same slop that we all do when we work. Hey speaking of, why don't you two just stay here for LongNight? Everyone else is gonna be here, it's apparently safer underground and all the food and booze is already here." Seemed like a no-brainer to Edy.

Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

Samuel

Edy didn't seem to be being mean to him or trying to purposefully tease him, but Sam couldn't help the extreme blush as soon as she mentioned dick. Was this what everybody had ever meant when he'd talked about sausages? His discussions with the butcher in the settlement suddenly took an odd turn in his memory. "..O-oh. Um. Well I'm de-definitely not going to have sex with him."

He'd never noticed Jigano's cheekbones in particular, but nodded along anyway. Maybe now that Edy knew who they were speaking of she would be respectful and keep away from the innuendo for the rest of the conversation. "Yes, we're friends."

Then she suggested he stay at the Rathskeller for LongNight. Sam could not imagine anything worse. So much light and so many people and noise and no alone time. "...W-well, Jigano might, but I won't. Thank you. I'm going to be alone. Or with J-Jigano. Maybe. But probably alone."

Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
Edy
I'm not totally useless.

"No? Not your type huh?" Conspiratorially, Edy leaned forward. "I wouldn't either to be honest. I imagine I would get yelled at for roughing up his hair and it would just totally kill the mood, y'know? Not that his hair isn't pretty, but—" The teenager shrugged her bony shoulders.

"So...Jigano might be here and you might be alone, but you still need a lot of food, even though you don't eat?" Edy tsked under her breath and grinned cheekily at Sam. "Doesn't sound like you've thought this plan through at all. Besides, why would you want to be alone, especially when monsters and shit are meant to be creeping about? Sounds boring and scary." Leaning forward again with another mischievous grin, Edy bobbed her eyebrows.  "Lemme guess, you've got some craaaaazy ex who you think is gonna be here, right? And you don't want a week long fuck-fight session?" Edy nodded knowingly. "You seem like the type."

Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

Samuel

"Erm. W-well, I think he's pretty, actually, but...um. I d-don't think we have that kind of relationship." Jigano felt like a protective figure to him now, almost a big brother. While Sam could see he was beautiful in a way, he did not at all consider romantic options - besides, he'd only ever heard Jigano mention female love interests.

He was aware that if Jigano didn't come he'd be left with a lot of food he had little use for, but Sam wanted to be prepared just in case he did end up with a guest. You couldn't offer out your home to somebody and then have them die of starvation in it; he was pretty sure that was not considered acceptable.

He was about to say this and tell Edy he had a plan with some books that was anything but boring, when she said the word 'fuck-fight'. Sam's eyes widened as he shook his head and looked about to see if anyone was watching.

"No! I do-don't have an ex." Did Remi count? No, Remi didn't count, he decided. "I just...want to be alone. I like the quiet. It...it's loud here, and everyone is um. F..flirty. Like you. Or the other man who is here sometimes. With the..." Sam motioned around his front to indicate a permanently open shirt.

Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
Edy
I'm not totally useless.

"Mmm." Edy hummed with a light shrug as Sam indicated that he and Jigano didn't like each other like that. She hadn't actually suggested that they did, just that they might wile away the LongNight days with some good old fashioned fucking, but the man seemed entirely uneasy with the suggestion of it, so she let it go.

"I mean, there's loads of places down here that'll be quiet. Lots of backrooms and such." She interrupted gaily, her lips twisting into a grin. At the stuttering mention of everyone being flirty, Edy downright cackled, though she didn't appear to be offended by this characterization at all. "Oh you mean Bastien? Yeah that's true. He had an orgy thing at his church the other week. You shoulda come. Although it was anything but quiet." She laughed again, straightening and crossing her arms playfully.

"But this isn't me flirting. If I was flirting with you, you'd know it." She added with a wink, before giving the man a look-over once again.

"So let me get this straight. You want food which may or may not go to waste, you insulted my place of business and me as being both too flirty and too loud, but you still think we're gonna give you food so you can go have your own party somewhere else?" Her critique was apt, but her voice was still light and playful.

Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

Samuel

Sam could not imagine ever enjoying anything that could be referred to as a 'orgy'; his eyes widened in panic at the mere suggestion. The Church of Safrin was not so far from his own home...he wondered if anything would spread. He felt that he should clean later on that day just in case.

"I-I don't want you to flirt." He informed her. While he was sure she was very pretty if you were into that sort of thing (women), Sam had no interest whatsoever in sharing sweet words with Edy.

She was right about his approach, though. Sam flushed, embarrassed, and shook his head, looking down at his feet. "I'm s-sorry. You're right. I...I'm sorry. I'm not used to talking to people like--to talking like this. I'm n-not having a party though. I'll...just go, shall I?"

Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
Edy
I'm not totally useless.

"Well I mean that isn't really up to you, now is it?" Edy smirked challengingly, nibbling her lower lip and deciding how far on the shit-disturbing scale she was going to push things. But the man seemed so...so...on edge? maybe? It was hard to say. She still sorta thought the puppy metaphor was apt, but there was something else too that she couldn't quite put her finger on. Something that indicated he genuinely wasn't comfortable with her level of bullshit, and so, for a wonder, she notched it back a bit.

"Hey, no sweat sugar, we can talk however you want." She said with a lazy yawn. On the bar, Bobi looked up at Sam and batted her large and floppy paws towards his face, demanding scritches.

"You give up easy kid." Edy said skeptically, despite the fact he was clearly older than she was. "So how you gonna provide food for your non-party LongNight with a guest list of maybe 1 or maybe 0?"

Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

Samuel

Edy seemed to relax. Sam was relieved to think it might be the end of the dreaded flirting. He stopped himself from leaving, lingering a few feet from the bar then coming back, nervous looking anywhere but the bartender.

He had never been too great with animals, but his recent good experiences with the Luxere had made him a little more confident; he reached out to scratch the back of Bobi's ears with a soft smile on his face. "...I...um...your cat is sweet. What's it's name?"

"...I d-don't know. Maybe I can get some things from the m..market? Um. Meats or bread or something. For Jigano." Sam shrugged. "But...b-but if it's a bother for you I don't need to get it here. I don't..b-buy food much. I just go to the um. The Goddess lady."

Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
Edy
I'm not totally useless.

For a moment Edy just gaped at Sam, mouth slightly open. Seriously? He was going to go on about flirting and being bashful about dicks, and then drop a line about her pussy cat. "Oh, she ain't sweet." Edy said, brows bobbing helplessly as she leaned against the bar and blew into Bobi's face. As she did so, the kitten pawed frantically at the stream of air, snagging a piece of Edy's long hair and pulling victoriously.

"I mean, you do you kid, but it doesn't really seem like you have much of a plan. Just bringing Jigano here would be much easier. I can even set you up in the back where it's all nice and quiet. " The mention of the goddess lady, caught the teenager's attention. Ceasing her harassment of Bobi, Edy nestled her head in her hands. "Whatcha mean?"