Personal Quest get your fated share
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
remember that you can't save everyone
remember that you have to try
With Flowerbirth came renewal. With renewal came resurgence. With resurgence came opportunities for growth, and Deimos, despite his tendency to become locked and shielded in his own pretenses, wasn’t about to squander opportunities.

Not for those under his protection, guidance, and instruction anyway.

Isolation and endless darkness no longer tangled and tethered, and so on the vestiges of spring, he carved out new nuances throughout the barracks training grounds. For several days he’d been mapping out and orchestrating advanced obstacles – save for the climbing wall (which had earned its permanent fixtures) – and lines, suitable for another version of a game played long ago. Improved on the otherwise flattened land, he raised small knolls and brush, bushes that wouldn’t last unless he tended to them frequently with earthen incantations, and raised stone pillars from old ruins, placing a flag upon each. A line was drawn down the center - parted and cut along snow.

His fellow Shields had already been eyeing the alterations and changes, and with an arch of a brow and the extension of his arm, they began filing in, eager to take their places on sides and teams. The General, and gods did it feel grand to simply hold that title again, had already placed a notice on the Halo boards for anyone else interested in the opportunity for training in the arts of emboldened practice. Then they could wait for others to join – and the games could commence.

--

A training PQ to play capture the flag!

NPCs will be used to flesh out teams and results/movements/teams will be utilized via dice roll!

Feel free to have your character come in and join a certain side! Once all the slots are filled, we'll begin. X)

1. --
2. --
3. --
4. --
out for vengeance
DEIMOS
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
NOAH

Noah was not sure what this training session might entail, but he was interested. He moved towards the barracks with something in his step that might resemble excitement. The generally stoic hunter had very few things to look forward to these days, it seemed, but the more time he spent with Deimos, the familiar warmth of friendship filled him again. He hadn't realized how much losing the Hales had affected him, or the loss of Delphine, until he started to make a new friend.

Moving in, Noah shouldered up to a few soldiers who greeted him with friendly, jutting elbows and laughs, which he returned with a few shoves and firm shoulder pats. Most of the men and women gathered around here Noah had grown up with, learned alongside. Very few of them were outsiders, though there were some faces he didn't know. Noah chose the side with the most familiar faces, then turned towards Deimos and waited for instructions.

And if you drink the water,
It might just stop the pain
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2895

"If I can't move the heavens above, I will move Hell"

Sah arrived at the barracks eager for the game. He didn't really understand what "Capture the Flag" was but he had been told it was a team based training game. As a former wolf he couldn't help but join in. It sounded like too much fun to miss out on. And any bit of training in this still new body helped. As he walked in he nodded at Deimos in greeting and then observed the people gathered. He hardly knew anyone. Some faces were familiar from seeing them around town, but very few were individuals that he had actually spoken too.

Then he noticed Noah and let out a small sigh. Thank fuck he knew one person. Sah made his way over and joined Noah's team. "Good to see you Noah. How have you been?" He greeted the Chief with a warm smile.

sah
There stood the wolf in the winter wind
Full of fearsome might
King of the winter night.
-Tim Vallie

Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
i wanna break the rules with you
An icicle plucked from a stone terrace above sat between her lips, slowly melting into her tongue as cold water. She held it like a lollipop, watching as Deimos pulled together new structures, the base of a game, a line to mark two sides. This was training, practice for initiating maneuvers and build camaraderie. Above all, it promised a good time, and so when Deimos arched his brow Aisha took that as her cue to join the field.

She snickered at some joke as a fellow soldier butchered it, taking one last crunch of her ice as she drew up next to Deimos, "Nice field," she hummed playfully, stepping past him and joining a side. Opposite her was many familiar faces, two of which she'd discussed guild business with. Good, time to see how they'd hold up here.
oh you, you set my soul alight
AISHA
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667

Hotaru
angels would damn themselves for me
The Barracks are as familiar to her as her spa with how frequently she visits and utilizes the training grounds alike. Deimos practically lives here, and as such she often finds herself on the grounds if only to track him down. Not that she has been slacking in her own training of course. The burn of engagement and exercise is all that can drive the memories from her head most days, and the exhaustion that follows is the only cure for her sleepless twilight hours. Her heart hurts, but it's easier to ignore when the rest of her body aches in tandem.

Deimos had mentioned his plans for the day in an offhanded manner. It's what draws her here, more purposeful than usual, eyeing the changes to the field he has diligently made. Noah is a familiar face surprisingly, though she's unsure if he even recalls her with the time that has passed between their first meeting and now. Aisha is familiar as well for her visit to Hotaru's spa, which leaves only the other trainees who she interacts with on a surface level and a new face that stands out.

Sending Atlas to the outskirts, Hotaru begins to tie up her long hair out of her face, sending a grin towards Deimos. She hadn't told him she'd be joining, but he likely won't be surprised to see her. Picking a side without much care, Hotaru does some light stretches as she awaits orders from their General.
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
The Sword wasn’t surprised by those who’d arrived – amused, really, as he glanced upon Noah, Sah, Aisha, and Hotaru – usual suspects in activity, games, and practicality. This threshold would hopefully combine all three.

From his designated perch along the climbing wall, the beast glanced down at those willing to participate. “Thank you for coming,” he hinted at with a very juvenile grin, so they could wonder if this was all a colossal mistake, before venturing forward – gesturing towards the teams, fellow guards and shields making their way along the boundaries, intervals, and edges. “This game is meant to uphold our defensive and offensive measures, with some fun mixed in.” A shrug of his shoulders to follow, before continuing onward. “You will be allowed to utilize any measure, weaponry, magic, or shifts you have in order to obtain your opponent’s flag.” He pointed towards the red, and then the blue ones, on opposing ends, and tossed down hued bandanas for each team member to wear. “If you are hit by an opponent on their side, you will be designated as captured. A teammate must tag you in order to free you. You cannot be recaptured as you cross back into your own territory.”

His eyes glanced over the rest of the fringes: brush, little hills, the constant snow, bushes only maintained because of his incantations. There were the stone pillars, ice, rime; various obstacles to serve, incorporate, and use to their advantage as they unfurled. “Your first task will be to decide where to place your flag. It may be hidden, but some portion had to be visible. Let me know when you are ready.”

--

Teams:

Team Red:
Aisha
Sah
NPC 1 – Burt
NPC 2 – Bonnie
NPC 3 - Smitty

Team Blue:
Noah
Hotaru
NPC 4 – Ernie
NPC 5 – Clyde
NPC 6 – Bilbi

Round One:
Discuss with your teammate(s) on where you would like to put your flag! A part of it still has to be visible!
out for vengeance
DEIMOS
Aisha Khai

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Another familiar face joined the group, Hotaru, a lovely surprise, Aisha smiled and winked her way. She liked the woman, they'd gotten along great, anyone beautiful and coy was enamored to the leopardess. Even more so when they showed up for the fun, games and training and strategies of a more volatile kind. Shortly after she'd tied back her hair, securing the golden ribbon there to keep her curls from her face, Deimos' rumbling voice brought them all to the beginning of the session.

She watched him with a grin upon her face, hands on her hips, bracers on her arms and sword faithfully at her side. She was fit for combat, but this was no mere skirmish. This had playful inclinations, group dynamics and different goals in mind. The method of disarming and neutralizing enemies was not to take their weapons or render them otherwise incapable, but by tagging them. Her sword might not be as necessary for this game, a shift might suite her better.

When Deimos finished his announcement she turned to the red team, among them was Sah the former wolf, and three others. Bonnie for one, a fellow shield friend with benefits, sidled up next to her and they shared a brief grin. Aisha tied her bandanna around her head, her puff of hair billowing out from beneath the crimson fabric. Then she turned to the huddle, "I say we put the flag up there," she said, pointing above to the tallest stone column on their side. If they agreed, she'd shift into the flying fox and fly it up to the top, where it was visibly attached but out of reach without some sort of boost.
AISHA
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:

Hotaru
Aisha is a golden flame incapable of being ignored, and Hotaru grins at the wink that is sent her way, blowing the younger woman a cheeky kiss in return. Deimos has her attention shortly after, craning her neck to see him upon the climbing wall where he perches like a mountain cat. The assurance of free reign of magic and brutality alike has a sharp grin cutting across her pretty features, impatience already bubbling in her veins. Wanting - needing - to move. To prowl, hunt, and prey upon friends dressed in the colors of foes.

The rules are simple. Just annoying enough to make the game a challenge, but straight-forward enough to not warrant repetition. As they're sorted into their teams Hotaru drifts closer to Noah, giving a warm smile that signals her remembrance of their initial meeting before turning to the other trainees. "I'd suggest either in the middle of one of the bushes as a last physical barrier for anyone on foot, or midway up a column. If anyone here has a flighted shift, the top is too hard to defend." At least in her own opinion as someone who is both short and has no Attuned shifts. Waiting for their input before doing anything with the flag, she instead begins to run plans in her head while the decision is being made, wanting to utilize any available time to coordinate her future movements and overtures.
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2895

"If I can't move the heavens above, I will move Hell"

Sah followed Aisha's gesture. A highly visible but not necessarily easy to access location. That seemed rather fair. "I like the idea. I know Noah has a feline shift, but if he has one the can fly we'll be in trouble. If he doesn't then I fully agree. Laying traps around the base would also be a good idea. Some of these bushes have thorns, maybe we can use them. Maybe place them in the cracks in the pillar just to slow down anyone climbing. The And pitfalls might not be a bad idea if we have a way to dig them quickly." Sah quickly began throwing out ideas. Strategy was something he enjoyed and hadn't had the opportunity to use much since coming to Caido.

"Also what abilities do we each have? I'm decent with a sword and I've got some weak lightning. And does anyone know what abilities the enemy has? We should try and counter them if possible." Sah blinked, realizing that he'd fallen right back into a warfare mentality. Countering the 'enemy' and expecting thorough reports of information when he inquired it from his allies. Oops. He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "Ah, if that's a plan everyone is ok with?"

sah
Full of fearsome might
King of the winter night.
-Tim Vallie

Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
NOAH

It was all quick. The hustle and bustle of the coming training session, the people filing in, the instructions. Noah paid attention well, his mind well-oiled and trained in catching information that others might lose. He took note of everyone who was gathered, and as the teams split he took a step back and let his teammates gather around him. He returned Hotaru's smile with his own bright grin, and bumped shoulders with Clyde and Ernie before Hotaru began her plan. Bilbi, the other man before them, Noah did not know.

Noah nodded along and let his eyes move along to the opposite team. "Sah does not have any shifts. I'm not sure if he has magic, though. Aisha has a leopard shift. They know I have polar bear and lynx, and it's generally well-known by Halovians that I'm a reindeer as well." He laid his cards out, glacier eyes dancing back towards Hotaru. She seemed to be ready and willing to make plans, and Noah felt like a smile like her's hid some crafty mind. "I think the bushes would be good. Getting lower is easier than going up." He kept his voice low and carefully controlled, leaving it only for his team.

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos watched, perusing from his small mountain, gazing down as they scurried about, answered inquiries, and furnished strategies. His guards were a formidable bunch in their own right, with their own abilities, tangible qualities, and intricate measures. It would be a worthwhile venture for all of them to embark and impart their knowledge, capabilities, and patterns into the game.

Team Red seemed to figure out a place – Aisha putting theirs on top of a pillar, invoking some claims of prowess in flight. Team Blue preferred the bushes and brush, ensuring that a corner appeared from under thorns and nettles.

With everything placed within, the only thing left to do was start.

Which the monolith did so, with a very eager grin. They could alternate plans and strategies on the fly now. “You may start when I blow the whistle,” which he’d created to simply be very obnoxious and annoying. And then, within a matter of moments, as they lined themselves up, the beast permitted the puff of air to billow through – signaling the start.

--

Teams will have control of their NPCs – decide where to put them, what they do! But please, please put a summary at the bottom of your post.

Everything will be determined via dice roll! Good luck!

Team Red:
- Flag on a pillar
- Aisha
- Sah
Burt: Abandoned, basic water
Bonnie: Attuned, snake shift
Smitty: Ascended, but practically useless, gonna need some shade, don’t know why he’s here

Team Blue:
- Noah
- Hotaru
- Flag in some bushes surrounded by thorns
Ernie: Abandoned, basic fire
Clyde: Attuned, rat
Bilbi: Accepted; sneaky
out for vengeance
DEIMOS
Aisha Khai

Change author:
Aisha wasn't sure how much time they had to implement traps, but she liked the process of thinking. He would be fun to work with on further projects, to see what he might come up with for any hunts that might occur. Sah continued on, Aisha returned and shifted back into her human form, crossing her arms and rejoining the huddle. 'Decent with a sword' brought a smile to her face, recalling the training session they'd had near the beginning of Deepfrost.

"Well obviously I have a bat shift, I'm a leopard too. And Bonnie's a snake," she said, turning to smirk at the fellow Shield as she punched Aisha's arm playfully. Burt shared his power next, an abandoned with water wielding, and then Smitty, the old goon, a completely useless ascended who stood at the very edge of their circle, shaded by a column. Aisha screwed up her nose slightly, shooting them a judgy look and whispering something to Bonnie that had them both snickering.

"I know Noah has a polar bear shift, but I've taken him before. Hotaru... she's abandoned, I'm pretty sure she's like you," she added, a point directed towards Sah. She glanced towards the other team, as they conspired, eyes drawing over the two she was most familiar with. "I say me and Burt stay on defense, I can guard down low and up high if we need it, and water boy can do water things. The rest was up to the others, though she pointed Smitty's way to comment, "You can be bait if you want."

Aisha and Burt (water abandoned!) are staying on defense, right now she has her sword but is ready to shift into the flying fox if anyone on the other team gets up high and she needs to bombard them! Smitty is going to be a dumb distraction!
AISHA
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:

Hotaru
Once their flag is placed, there is only time enough for whispered conversations with Noah and the two trainees. Plans and possibilities unfold like water pouring over her tongue with ease. Of course luck has as much an impact on these games as skill and the necessity of relying on - potentially useless - teammates, but Hotaru intends to do her part when it comes to winning. With some notion of a game plan in place, she waits for the whistle blow, and a foxlike grin overtakes her mouth.

Most would expect her to be the runner here. She is lithe, swift, and has great stamina. Instead she takes point a few paces from the flag in the bush, and her fingers twitch with spare energy as she calls on her lightning. Summoning it at a low, static level but covering as much of the field as she can. Just enough to make any other magic a risk, to lift hair and make any physical contact shocking. There’s no need for theatrics or warnings; lifting her hands to control her magic will only give away the plot. Deflecting bracer still on her primary hand, she awaits Noah’s movement. All along she sends Ernie to the back of the flag for protection, and Clyde in his human form to rush forward in a frontal assault with his sword. Bilbi, meanwhile, edged around the outside of the arena sneakily to try and find a gap in the other team’s defenses.

- - -

Hotaru: in front of flag, increases/forms static electricity in a low cloud over the arena to dissuade magic and cause physical shocks if touched
Clyde: charges in with his sword in a frontal assault
Bilbi: sneaky sneaks around the edge of the grounds to try and find an opening
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
NOAH

Anticipation and excitement rose in the hunter's chest. He could feel Eira's own excitement rise in her body as she paced behind Deimos, safely away from the dangers of this training exercise. His team devised a plan and Noah understood his role well. Hotaru fell back to defend the hidden flag with Ernie, and the other members of the team fell into their positions. Clyde charged forward, ready to swing and strike any opposing team member in his way. Bilbi snuck around, trying to gain advantage.

Noah started running into enemy territory, glacier eyes darting this way and that. He wanted to be sure he would catch any opposition. He was not the fastest member of his team, but he did pack the biggest punch. As he ran, Noah's body enlarged and shifted. One moment a charging hunter, the second a charging polar bear. Dark, icy eyes flitted across the field until he thought he caught the faintest movement of fabric.

----

Noah charges toward the pillar in his polar bear form!