do you wanna be free of this
for Sunjata
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Oh all I ever wanted was
a life in your shape
The letters they had shared had been encouraging, enough so that Sam felt confident enough to agree to meet in person and discuss. He didn't know Sunjata that well, he felt - they'd met, spoken, but...he felt distant from the other man. Maybe it was because of Nate; hopefully this common goal might give them something to bond over and work together on.

He arranged to meet Sunjata at his home; this didn't have to be official or business, really, just a conversation. To see if the Governor had the same dreams for the future as Sam did, if they could work together on changing things enough that the worst didn't happen. If this went well, he had considered speaking to the Warden of Halo as well, having seen her help during Longnight...but she really was very intimidating. Sunjata was an easier start.

Knocking on the door, Sam waited with a polite smile on his face, rocking on his heels, entirely unawares of anything that had happened in the last season for Sunjata and ready to have a pleasant conversation about peace.
Keep my eyes on the road
As I ache
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
if there's one thing the gods love, it's tragedy
The Sunjata that answers the door is not the same one that Sam might remember. More scars and weariness weigh on Sunjata’s shoulders and face, written in the lines around his eyes. He still agrees with Sam’s plan, still agrees with the idea of it all – of peace even if it seemed so far fetched for everyone. In this, he hasn’t spoken to Safrin yet, he’s simply been attempting to recover from the past couple of weeks – of falling off a cliff, of nearly drowning again, of washing up in the middle of Rae’s Fingers days later.

So Sunjata answers the door, knowing that it’s Sam behind it and opening the door up wide. “Sorry for the mess, Sam.” He rumbles, nodding his head in greeting, offering a small half smile from the unblemished side of his face. “It’s been… A rough few weeks, to say the least.” But he waits until Sam’s inside before he goes to close to the door behind him, turning his attention toward the sitting area for friends and family as opposed to business – finding it a more comforting environment, especially while he’s still healing.

He gestures for Sam to take a seat, lingering for a moment in wondering if there was anything Sam might want to make it a better trip. Tea? Coffee? Some treats left behind that Nate had made? “Can I get you anything?
with wings that burn and boys who fall
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Oh all I ever wanted was
a life in your shape
Sam noticed the change in Sunjata immediately; he couldn't quite remember the last time he'd seen him, but he certainly hadn't looked that bad. It wasn't the first time Sam had met a friend to discover them with new scars and wrinkles, but it was especially shocking somehow with Sunjata; maybe because he'd always contrasted the other man to himself, after Nate had chosen him. He'd always been the more successful, happier, cooler one.

He was going to be polite and not mention anything, but Sunjata brought it up first. "Oh...it's alright. I know how it can be when things are difficult. I hope you're better now..?" Sam asked as he delicately stepped into the house and around any mess, going to sit down wherever looked the cleanest and neatest. Hands on his knees and feet together, he knew he probably looked uncomfortable, but that was usually his default state anyway.

"No, no, I'm fine. I'm Ascended, remember?" He laughed quietly,not keeping Sunjata's gaze for very long, then cleared his throat. "So, are you in a position to talk about the idea I mentioned in my letter? A peace movement, of sorts?"
Keep my eyes on the road
As I ache
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Is he better now? Are things better now? For a moment he considers the question before he nods decisively, letting words slip that Sam might not know about given the fact that he’s from the Grounds and likely not in the loop of Torchline as a whole. “Better now, yeah.” He admits, brows pinching for a second, not quite seeing Sam settle where he looks uncomfortable, even if his gaze lands that way. “I killed my father a couple weeks ago, so, you know.” He lets that ball drop, before his gaze is lifting at the mention of Sam being Ascended.

And while it makes sense, Sunjata can’t help but to snort lightly and nod – grabbing a drink for himself and slipping over to the opposite side to settle in – a pop of his back is heard when he sits, his steel gaze lifting to meet Sam a bit more officially. “I remember.” He offers instead of mentioning how Nate still ate and drank things, how he still smoked cigarettes and made coffee in the morning. But that’s neither here nor there, and as Sam speaks up, Sunjata’s nodding his head.

I am.” (For now, it seems) “Do you want to explain it a bit more now that we’re face to face?” He leans back in his chair, long legs stretching out before him, the starry Safrin tattoos on his arms swirling with the slightest, briefest movement of stars in the sky.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Oh all I ever wanted was
a life in your shape
"Oh, wonderfu--what?!" Sam couldn't help the surprised cut off of his own words as Sunjata suddenly announced he'd committed patricide as if he was telling Sam about the weather. He blinked a couple of times, trying to work out what the appropriate response was. He'd never had a good relationship with his own father, but murder seemed a step above the average bad blood. "..Um...well...I hope...things are where you...want them to be..?" He tried, voice getting higher with each word.

Trying to move on gracefully from that and into pitching his idea was a true test of Sam's newfound confidence and social ability, but he tried his best, nodding and turning to face Sunjata head on. "Well, a lot of it is still up in the air, at the moment, but my central idea is that we should have some kind of organisation or at least group that works towards promoting peace. There's individual people all over Caido that believe Ascended and everyone else can co-exist, but their voices are drowned out by the organised, bigoted and biased powers. I think if we band together and try to really make a change...maybe we could undo some of the damage that's been done." The words actually came out easily, once he began, the idea truly close to his heart.

"Of course, with you being the Governor, your support would mean a lot. I could only assume you would be in support, since you're married to Nate." He gestured with his hand, holding his palm up and out as if Sunjata's agreement was inevitable.
Keep my eyes on the road
As I ache
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
The shock his words cause Sam seems to fail to affect Sunjata. He simply settles more into the couch cushions, nodding, reaching up to rub at the stubble that grows beneath the scar along his face. “They are.” He assures the Ascended, a half smile forming on his face when his hand drops back to the arm of the couch.

But then Sam is diving in and Sunjata’s focus shifts out of the fog, out of the distractions he’s had. He grows still, loosening his hold on the influence his shifts have within him, listening to the pitch like a predator might wait for its prey to settle. But he doesn’t attack, of course not, he just simply sits there, still, attentive, watchful.

There’s a lot of assumptions from Sam about his involvement (but given this is before Sunjata becomes a father and Nate becomes a demigod), there’s nothing in this present moment that keeps him from agreeing. His lightning scarred hand outstretches, Safrin’s tattoos along his arms glimmering and shifting the stars ever so slightly. “You would be correct.” He agrees easily, giving Sam’s hand an easy shake. But he withdraws again, leaning back in the cushions of the couch. “You have my support. But, where would these meetings take place?” He asks, head tilting avian-like.
SUNJATA
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Oh all I ever wanted was
a life in your shape
"Oh, well, great." Sam tried to nod encouragingly, supposing he was happy that something as grim as murder had ended up well for his friend...but making a mental note not to get on Sunjata's bad side any time soon.

Thankfully they easily slipped into discussing his idea; Sam grinned as Sunjata leaned over to shake his hand and returned the gesture eagerly. Maybe he was operating on a lot of assumptions, but finding allies when so many people he'd once been friends with were going astray was hard. Instead of trusting those he knew, he was having to go off of clues, like Sunjata's marriage.

"Well, I was hoping to eventually establish some kind of base...and..." He was quiet, sighed, this was not anything he'd said before, but Sam had had the thought for some time: "If there ever was a war, somewhere we could go to live peacefully. But for now, while we're gathering members, I'd like to just meet in my bookstore."
Keep my eyes on the road
As I ache
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Sunjata supposes that Sam can’t quite relate to the plight and relief Sunjata felt with his father being gone – with his own hand having a part of it. But that’s fine, he doesn’t entirely expect the bookmaker to understand. It isn’t like everyone else had as horrible of a relationship with their fathers as Sunjata had, but of course he doesn’t quite know Sam’s story well enough to know.

But thankfully that part of the conversation shifts, moves away, in favor for peace – something that seems so far fetched and so dearly needed – that Sunjata’s easily shaking Sam’s hand and prompting some questions. His head tilts as he considers it, sitting back in the seat once more as he stretches out his legs again. He considers Sam’s suggestions, the thoughts  around it. “Most places are already inhabited unless you were to pick some space in the Wilds.” He comments a bit offhandedly -having not ventured out there too much to be able to tell what awaited them.

The bookstore in the Grounds?” He confirms, letting his steel gaze lift to meet Sam’s face curiously. “Perhaps the more people we have the more eyes there’ll be to search for a place for the taking.” He doesn’t know how it works, what sort of boundaries would need to be made in order to keep this idea of Samuel’s from affecting too much attention from either gods, new or old.
SUNJATA
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Oh all I ever wanted was
a life in your shape
"Mmm, that's true...though I'm sure maybe we could find a home somewhere already found if we had enough people in agreement there. That's a concern for the future, I hope." Ideally, they had enough time before any kind of conflict actually broke out for ideas of shelter or running away to wait for a while. All Sam had in mind for the moment was a clear message, a representation of what peace could look like.

Nodding, he shrugged. "I'm talking to anyone I can think of. You, Isla, I was hoping Zeph, maybe Nate...?" The last name had Sam leaning forwards with a raised eyebrow, trying to gauge if Sunjata felt that was likely. "If you can think of anybody, it would be great if you'd talk to them too...you can tell them to come to the bookstore. I'm hoping to have quite a few; after all, I know I can't be the only one sick of all the fighting."

Sam put his hands together in his lap; there had been something else, though it was a topic that made him feel almost sick. "I did want to ask, as well...do you know anything about The Order?"
Keep my eyes on the road
As I ache
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He nods slowly to Sam’s comment of a place where they could co exist, though he mulls it over with brows that inch together momentarily. “Honestly it sounds like the Grounds.” Provided they could get rid of the connotation to it. But the people in the Grounds that weren’t Ascended had grown up their entire lives with the Ascended around them. The rest? Took some time to get used to it all, and with the words of the Order and other places that they trusted more? Well… That explains that, he assumes.

Nate might be interested.” He tilts his head slightly, avianlike in nature as he considers the options laid out. “What about the Warden of Halo? I heard she went to help in the Grounds?” He suggests, raising a brow. “And perhaps those who’s loved ones returned after the Festival of Lights as Ascended?” Perhaps their allegiances had changed with something that directly would affect them?

As for the Order, Sunjata’s gaze snaps to Sam’s with a slight grimace. “Unfortunately.” He sighs, reaching up to rub at the scar along his face. “I don’t know much but… What would you like to know?
SUNJATA
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
You learn to stand alone at last
So brave, and bold, and strong, and stout
"Maybe, though not as it currently is. I mean...I don't think Wessex would be open to a lot of my ideas." Sam sighed, lacing his fingers together and turning his hands over a couple of times, trying to imagine how that conversation would go - if it would end up with him being stabbed again. "And...maybe, if we can find somewhere, a totally fresh start is what we all need. I mean, there wouldn't be any reminders of past problems then." Somewhere in the Wilds perhaps, with just nature and themselves, no buildings or shrines or sites of past battles.

As for the Warden, Sam shrugged; the woman was mostly a mystery to him. All he knew was that she was intimidating. "I've never spoken to her...maybe you could write her a letter, if you had the time? People affected by the Festival is a good idea, though. You...know Deimos, right? Do you think he'd be interested?" It was always hard to read the man, but he did now have a few Ascended he cared about.

The Order put a chill down his own spine and it seemed like Sunjata wasn't a fan either. Sam sighed and picked at the fabric of his pants, suddenly a little nervous to hear any answers. "...Do you know what their intentions are, in full? Do they want to...get rid of Ascended?"
You learn somehow to like the dark, even love the doubt
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
A low hum of agreement is given toward Sam, the incline of his head a fraction as he considers it. “I imagine not.” It’s a weary agreement, Sunjata wasn’t close enough to Wessex to know what it was like for her ruling, and when he had been around, he hadn’t cared or been involved with anything of importance. He considers her a friend, to an extent, in the way that most leaders that got along alright and worked together were.

But to change the way things were done, was an entirely other thing. His gaze drifts along Sam with curiosity before he’s bobbing his head again. “Perhaps that’s the better choice? You can start fresh and new, set the groundwork and the guidelines rather than trying to fix all the broken things.” And perhaps the people that followed the Ascended would be more willing to break their worser habits.

Only time would tell though.

Talk of the Order arrives and Sunjata’s visibly flinching, lips pursing and tugging at the fresh scar along his face with the bluntness of which Sam asks the question. “My understanding is that they want to get rid of all of the Ascended and destroy the Voice.” He says with a sad sigh, reaching up to rub at his temple. “They’re… Fanatic, though I can’t say I’m surprised when you’ve been stuck in your land for hundreds of years listening to stories of the terrible Ascended monsters of the night.” It would be a lot of work to change minds, after all of that conditioning.

His gaze is exhausted as it slips back to Samuel. “The Old Gods have their demigods stationed around as well, preparing for the potential war.” His gaze seems to suggest that they’d have to work fast if they wanted to try and get something done before it began.
SUNJATA
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
You learn to stand alone at last
So brave, and bold, and strong, and stout
"Mm." Sam nodded his head, a little sad to hear the confirmation from Sunjata, but it didn't change anything. He'd continue on this regardless of approval from anyone else; for once, Sam was doing something by himself, believing in it and not letting other's opinions stop him.

Making a new place was certainly a dream, for the reasons Sunjata mentioned; it would let them have a new start, free from the reminders of how things used to be and able to flourish as themselves, without the stigmas and associations of the world as it was. Sam knew that it wouldn't come quickly, though, and he'd been involved in enough building and repairing efforts to know they'd need more people than they currently had. "I don't have the power to do it right away, but...hopefully soon."

Seeing Sunjata react to the mention of the Order made Sam's nerves rise; he didn't see much bother the Governor. Digging his nails into the fabric of his pants on his thighs, he listened, knowing he'd have to learn about this even if it was difficult. "Do you think there's any chance of convincing them otherwise? Even just to lessen their stance for now to avoiding the Ascended?" You couldn't move mountains overnight and he didn't expect the Order to be best friends with the Ascended any time soon, but he wanted to believe that something was possible.

"Do...you know which Demi Gods?" He finally asked, scared to hear that answer too.
You learn somehow to like the dark, even love the doubt
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
A hum leaves Sunjata’s throat in agreement to Sam attaining the power to make his own place, his own space for those that wished to live side by side with Ascended and others without prejudice, and Sunjata finds it to be quite the dream all things considered. It’s what he had hoped Torchline would become, before the Order had come to stick their fingers into it.

It was all exhausting, anyway.

So he latches onto the conversation of the Order, grimacing as he tries to recover from it with the hand that rises to rub at the scarred side of his face. “I would like to.” He agrees weakly, before the muscles feather in his jaw, focusing on the monumental task it would be. He sighs and leans back in the chair, tilting his head up to peer at the ceiling of the home. “I’m not sure there’s enough of them willing to listen without trying to harm you all first.” His head lowers to peer at Sam, his head tilting slightly. “It’s made more difficult with the Old Gods on their side.” Willing to try and eradicate the Voice.

It was all quite a clusterfuck if he’s being honest.

I think it’s all of them.” He murmurs, lips twitching in a frown. “Unfortunately.
SUNJATA