A Million Dreams
praying to Safrin
Kalt Ravenshire
Medic / Alchemist

Age: 38 | Height: 6’ 1” | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 24 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 6 - Int:
KYSMA - Mythical - Unicorn (Superspeed)
Played by: Sage Offline
Change author:
MP: 345

The last time he had paid attention to a temple itself, he had left with his blade stained red with the blood of a priest. He wasn’t anything special; a means to an end to start a feud between two religions. Back in Northwind, religion hadn’t really been a thing that people took part in, but here? Well, here it seemed the gods were a much bigger part of the inhabitants’ lives than he was used to.

Last time he visited a shrine, it had been with Ashe, and they both left with a feeling of violation thrumming within them. Praying to Frey has been a mistake. He had underestimated their liking of games, of toying with mortals. He couldn’t really say that he trusted the deities after the interaction with Frey and what happened at Ludo’s festival. He was still trying to persuade himself to be the slightest bit willing to pray to Ludo, but he didn’t think that would happen for a while. And never again was he going looking for Frey.

But there was another... A goddess who apparently went by the name Safrin.

Word of a church in her name traveled easily within the bubble, but Kalt couldn’t exactly say he was interested in the antics that rumors claimed to go on within the church, so he refused to attend. It made him wonder just what kind of goddess she was. Another to reign over lustful desires? He thought it unlikely, but nothing was impossible he was finding.

”Once upon a time,” he said quietly, leaning against the wall of a dimly lit room lined with candles, ”there was a little boy. It seemed that he had been born with TROUBLE etched into the backs of his eyes because that’s all that the boy did. Everywhere he turned, trouble followed him, so he accepted it, embraced it.”

Kalt put gloved hands in his pockets and flickered a grin. ”See, this boy didn’t have parents or siblings or grandparents or anyone really to teach him what was right and what was wrong. So, what did he know?” He lifted his shoulders and dropped them, tightening his lips for a moment. ”Freedom. He knew freedom, and he learned how to survive on his own. He learned how to thrive in ways that most adults wouldn’t have thought of.

”And through all of that, he kept his imagination. He kept the innocent wonder that‘s so unique to children.” He smiled fully then, glancing at the floor and flicking his eyes around the candles. ”He found shelter in the night, a time and place where his imagination, where his wonder could run free and untamed. He would climb higher and higher, up, up, up until he couldn’t go any further because maybe... Maybe if he just pushed himself a little higher, he would some day touch one. An impossible dream, but the beautiful thing about children is the hope that they have, the innate faith that’s basically built into their bones.”

He took a slow breath, steadying himself. ”Hope and faith are scary things to lose, and I had mine taken from me as a child. But I’m really trying, learning to have faith again. Just seems I hit a block every time.”

Kalt couldn’t remember the last time he had confessed his pains aloud. He was bonded at the soul with Ashe thanks to the rings, so they felt each other’s emotional experiences, but he hadn’t spoken earnestly about such things in...far too long.

”So, Safrin, if you would grant me a moment of your time, I’d be honored.” If not, though, he would understand. It would simply be another block.

Kalt
he was a danger
but never a
villain

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

The sanctuary dimmed. Though Kalt's words were moving, being in two places at once was not a trick that Safrin had learned. She left such duplicity to her more textile-based counterpart.

Stars appeared to fall gently around the man, disappearing before they ever touched the ground but making it appear as though he was standing in a field of infinite light and darkness. Kalt would feel suddenly rejuvenated, his body and mind completely at ease, free of tension and relieved of any lingering doubts or worries. Oh, the assassin would find ways to allow that tension back in of course, but for now, he could at least be soothed.