Plot Advancing PQ a tale of two skyports
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061

please just don't forget me

What started as an initial trip to the Aumakua has ended here, in the Kaiholo Port. It has taken a lot of back and forth, a lot of conversations between Torchers, skyboat captains and the Stormbreak dockmaster alike, and this area has been decided as the best to fashion a skyport. (Ronin doesn't ask questions or object - it makes sense that those already looking to travel don't have to trek up to the cliffs, and this way the skyport will benefit from the traffic and protection of existing docks and boats).

They have found an old, abandoned area for use - it will take a lot of TLC to bring it up to scratch and to modify it for skyboats, but should their hard work pay off, there will be a functioning port for travel between Torchline and Stormbreak. But first, there's that hard work to do.

Ronin has arranged the supplies, and at this sorry stretch of dock there is fresh lumber, a barrel full of wood treatments to waterproof and protect it, stone, rope, nails, and other equipment. Now the Star stands to wait for those who will join him on the endeavour. The sooner it's done the better, because the monsoons will soon be on their way. What better way to see if the skyport will stand the test of the weather than to throw it out there and see?

Hello and welcome! This is a PQ+ to establish a skyport for travel between Stormbreak and Torchline. 2 Order members are required, and 2 Torchers are required to complete this quest. But any others are welcome too! Please post your character arriving.

1. Ronin (Order)
2. Sunjata (Torchline)
3. Gideon (Order)
4. Maeve (Torchline)
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Gideon had taken a while after the successful destruction of the shrine to spend his time quietly worshipping, praying and thanking the Gods for what they had accomplished. A lot of his work was simple communion with the divine, things that no one saw but that were integral to his keeping of the Temple and faith.

Hearing of the Skyports though, he knew he wanted to head out of the temple to help. An easier way to travel between Stormbreak and anywhere else meant easier spreading of the true word to those corrupted by the Voice's messages. He'd already been going to Torchline regularly, but now he could bring people back with him, show them the Temple and way of living that was available to those who saw the light (provided they were Accepted, of course).

Seeing Ronin at the meeting point he broke into a warm smile. Of course, they had had their moment not long ago, but Gideon was more pleased to hear of the man joining the Order. An actual Demi God in their ranks - it was wonderful. "I am, as always, here to serve in whatever way is required." He promised, bowing his head slightly with the faintest smirk on his lips.
GIDEON
And lord, don't let me break this, let me hold you lightly
Give me arms to pray with instead of ones that hold too tightly
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
the flood
dreams where you're murdered
boy i know you heard it all before
If Ronin recalls, not long ago he had requested Sunjata meet him with a white flag and a brooding face. This time, the Flood arrives with a particularly deep brood, no humor or amusement to be found, and no visible white flag — instead it had been etched into his bones. He arrives, put together only in the name of working to build this and Safrin.

The greeting Gideon gets is one long look, narrowed steel in his eyes, before his gaze flickers to Ronin where he dips his head in a non vocal hello — but given the Star has his attuned bond back, he’d likely feel a mess of emotions leaking from the Flood as he tries to hold it down tight. “Ready when you are.” He murmurs, pulling his attention away for the items brought, for the instruction that was sure to follow on how to build this dock.

Sunjata arrives with himself anddd his shifts!
you shut your eyes to pain
boy then just lock the fuckin' door
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
REMI
Remi stands near Ronin, his arms folded and knees bent, inspecting the things his husband has brought along. Remi might be the alchemist, but Ronin has ever been the one to bring supplies that will actually get the job done, rather than the silly and wonderous things that Remi was liable to bring. Without his ability to simply create anything on a whim though, forethought was something he probably should be better at than he was.

Spying Sunjata, Remi turns away, regarding the sea with a conflicted gaze. I can go, if it would be easier. He mumbles wordlessly to the Star, fidgeting with a nail that he'd picked up and tapping it against his palm.

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
MAEVE
When the call went up for willing and abled bodied individuals from Torchline to come help build the new skyport, Maeve wasn't sure she fit the bill. While she had some basic handiness skills it didn't go too far beyond that. Still, she decides to pitch in. Mostly because she plans to use this often to see Locke once he makes the move to Stormbreak. She did promise to visit and it just feels right to at least help build this connection. So Maeve arrives with nothing more than herself and a smile that falters when she sees everyone who is gathered here. Three of which she recognizes and there is a moment where her cheeks flush as she looks between the three men.

Ronin, Remi, Jata…" She offers as a greeting with a little wave, straightening her shoulders before holding up a cloth covered basket, "I brought snacks... The girls wanted to put something together for you guys." It's hard to shake the awkward feeling that settles in her belly, but she tries her best.
Second, third, and hundredth chances
Balancin' on breaking branches
Those eyes add insult to injury

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
reality whispers a different tune underwater
It looks like everyone is here, and isn't that just grand? A priest, a beast, a governor and a girl, led by a man who fell from the stars. It would be romantic, if you weren't expected to pull out all the stops for some hard labour. The docks before you are in a sorry state, all rotten, soggy wood creeping and clagging with seaweed and moss. It will need to be completely destroyed and rebuilt, by the looks of it. At least the spot you've chosen is decent! Or it will be, when it's done.

In terms of the weather, on the plus side Ronin has chosen a fairly good day for it - there are a few clouds that drift over the sun every now and then, but it doesn't seem as though any showers are imminent. The same cannot be said for the supplies. Ronin, what were you thinking. The nail that Remi holds between his fingers is little more than rust, and it looks like most of the lumber isn't as fresh as you'd like - it's already wet and on the turn.

So it looks like you've got your work cut out for you so far!

Requirements:

2 people to dismantle the rotten dock
2 people to find and bring back fresh lumber and nails

Ronin will be ashamed of himself and wait.

Posting order:

Ronin
Gideon
Sunjata
Remi
Maeve
Random Event
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

They all arrive, in their dribs and drabs - apart from Remi, of course, who has already leant down and begun to notice the terrible job that Ronin has done in selecting their supplies. He thought they were good, but apparently not. He reaches out to gently smooth a hand across Remi's curls, smiling to him. It would be easier if you stayed. These supplies are a mess, and I'll need all the help I can get.

To the others, the Star offers a bright smile that's somewhat apologetic. "Thanks for coming, everyone. And you definitely know the way to a man's heart, Maeve. Do you think you could go with Sunjata to try and sort out some better lumber and other supplies? I trust the people of Torchline to give their Governor a good deal."

As for he, Remi and Gideon? "I can arrange the rest of these tools, and help out with destroying the old dock. Do you want to make a start? There's plenty here to work with. Or Remi can just smash it with his bare hands, I'm sure."

Ronin apologises for being a doofus and suggests roles for everyone.
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Gideon didn't recognise most of the people there, which was probably for the best; they all, he was sure, had illicit and inappropriate relationships with Ascended, as so many in Torchline did. It was a disease in the shore, one he hoped the skyport's development could help to cure.

Rolling up his sleeves he nodded at Ronin's instruction. Maybe it would be nice to have something to get out any excess stress on, though since he'd destroyed the shrine Gideon had been rather content with life. Smashing more things with hammers couldn't hurt though, so he got to work, doubly happy to be labouring alongside a Demi God. "I'm sure Remi can. Unfortunately some of us have been less honoured."

Not less enthusiastic, though. Gideon picked up a hammer and got to work smashing and bashing; in a break between swings he looked over and said to Remi: "I don't think I got an opportunity since our job to thank you for your help. Thank you. It was a beneficial mission for all of us, but it was made much easier by the presence of yourself and Amalia."

-
(sorryyy I didn't know I was first)
GIDEON
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
the flood
dreams where you're murdered
boy i know you heard it all before
The docks are a bit of a mess, but it’s nothing compared to what Sunjata begins to notice are the supplies. His face is impassive, however, casting a glance to all of those gathered before he casts a glance to Remi. Honestly, the man might still strike some semblance of fear in Sunjata’s mind, but… He didn’t have anything truly against Remi at this point. He doesn’t know the extent of everything involved.

So he tears his gaze away to Maeve and the food she’s brought, offering her a quiet and broody thank you, though makes no move toward it. He isn’t hungry anyway. But the tasks are given out and Sunjata tries to take a look at the quantities of what they’d need before he gets started. He tries to smooth out his exterior, tries to plaster on a face of content and pleasantries for building this sky dock, if only to try and get better deals on things.

His elbow is extended for Maeve to latch onto, like such the night they’d met. “Let’s get the nails first, then move onto the lumber?” He suggests, already guiding them toward the shop down the Port that would bargain the nails for them, ducking his head as he slips into it.

Sunjata tries to be less broody and takes Maeve with him to get the nails first, then the lumber!
you shut your eyes to pain
boy then just lock the fuckin' door
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
REMI
i've been sleepwalking and wandering all night
Then stay he shall. With a nod to Maeve, it doesn't escape the alchemist's attention that she and Sunjata are sent off. Really, Gideon and the Madame seem the least suited for manual labour, leaving Remi to wonder if sending the Flood away from him is intentional.

Biting back on a quip about how being a tool for murder was not really that much of an honour, he just holds his tongue and gives Gideon a nod. His gratitude is perhaps even less well-timed, leaving the alchemist swallowing down the lump in his throat. "Of course." He replies. Any time, intentionally not offered.

"My hands? And risk having them not be so lovely and soft for you?" Remi wonders with a chuckle. Lovely and soft they were not, but still, he had better ways of destroying things. Shifting, it's with massive paws that Remi tears into the rotting boards of the dock. Though the wood doesn't yield quite the way flesh does, it is cathartic in a way Remi hadn't realized he needed.

Remi shifts and tears shit up.

trying to take what's lost and broke and make it right

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
MAEVE
Maeve's shy smile turns into something brighter as she looks at Ronin, moving forward to pass him the basket, "Don't eat them in all go. Leave some for everyone else. You do remember how to share, right Ronin?" She teases, recalling their easy banter from their time travelling together. He gives her simple enough instructions and soft green eyes shift over to the governor, nodding before moving to take his arm when he extends it to her. Maeve places her hand in the crook of Sunjata 's arm, tucking herself against his side easily.

They both start to make their way down to the shop Sunjata has in mind, giving him an easy smile despite his clearly prickly mood. "Nails and lumber. Maybe we should get something to seal the wood with too?" Maeve suggests as he ducks into the shop, pulling her inside with him

Maeve goes with Sunjata to get supplies and helpfully suggests getting a sealant for the wood!
Second, third, and hundredth chances
Balancin' on breaking branches
Those eyes add insult to injury

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
reality whispers a different tune underwater
We'll deal with the rotten docks, first.

You'd think two demigods and a priest armed with a hammer would find dismantling some soggy, submerged wood fairly easy. And yet. It's true that the acts of destruction absolutely do the job, but unbeknownst to the trio, it disturbs something unexpected beneath the water. Indeed, the shallows swarm with shapes, and there's much flapping, much chaos as the creatures struggle to flee both by water and by air.

It seems the group has disturbed a school of cloud manta.

As for the adventures at the shop? Maeve and Sunjata will find themselves int he company of a ruddy cheeked sailor, and by the way his eyes light up, he recognises the Governor - and that's a good thing. "Fancy seein' th'likes'a you yer, Guv'na." He gestures around. "What'n ye need? You an' yer fine lookin' lady." He winks obviously at Maeve.

The group at the dock will need to deal with the cloud manta and continue to dispose of the rotten wood (how you decide to do this is up to you).

The duo at the shop are free to barter now!

Posting order:

Ronin
Gideon
Sunjata
Remi
Maeve
Random Event
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

"However your hands might be, I have the idea that there is nothing lovely or soft about this work," Ronin points out to his husband with a grin. He leaves Gideon and Remi to it, with their hammers and their bare hands, busying himself with hauling out the rotten wood once it has been broken up by the other two men. (And on the contrary, he has sent Sunjata away because he's the Governor and should be able to get a really good deal on materials, but it's probably also a good thing to separate him from the Lullaby).

But then there are cloud manta. Lots of them, making a racket and a mess and getting in the way. "Oh, shit," Ronin straightens up after dragging away a particularly large hunk of rotting wood. He leaves his projection to continue collecting the debris, before wading into the shallows to try and encourage the cloud manta away - without magic, for the time being.

Ronin continues dragging away debris with his projection, and wades into the water to try and spook away the cloud manta without harming them.
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
Gideon usually prided himself on his ability to read people, but his devotion to the Gods and respect for their Demis seemed to have blinded him when it came to Remi's true feelings. He only smiled, sure that Remi had been happy to be a part of the mission and would gladly participate when the next opportunity to hit against the Ascended occurred.

They worked away on the dock until the movement beneath the water made Gideon jump back, then peer close to see what it was they had disturbed. Creatures he didn't recognise, flat and almost like living plants; they didn't seem to be violent. Despite his murderous inclinations towards those that followed the Voice, he'd always been kind to the world's animals. "It appears we have disturbed our friends home. Do you think we could move them to the ocean?"

Gently, he would try to kneel down and take one of the manta - two hands outstretched flat beneath it - and toss it into the open ocean.
GIDEON