so hold me when i'm here
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE
Driving faster in my car
Falling farther from just what we are
Remember when he said he'd never come back here? Yeah, that was a lie. A very big fat lie. He probably spent at least one or two nights a week here, and even a few hours outside of that. It was almost a second home at this point. Not intentionally but it just kind of happened. His favorite is when she takes callers while he's in the room. Nothing like seeing how uncomfortable they get with him being there. He always leaves but it does something for his ego.

But he's not here for sex. He lightly touches his pocket, steeling himself before knocking on her door. He's almost hoping she isn't home. Not that it matters. They're fuck buddies, who cares if he goes away? She won't. She's got plenty of favorites and maybe even a few other lovers. She probably won't even notice him being gone. But he kind of hopes she does.

He's dressed a little nicer than normal, his hair actually brushed for once. He's trying to play proper now that he's joined the dragoons. Not that he's been asked to but it just feels right. He's trying to get his act together for some damn reason so why not start with the way he looks, right? His hand slips back into his pocket, running over the trinket inside. Why is he so fucking nervous?
Smoke a cigarette and lie some more
These conversations kill
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Maeve sighs as she places a kettle over the fire, toeing off the heels she's wearing with a groan as her aching feet finally get a rest. She just got off the floor not even thirty minutes prior to the knock on her door. A curse tumbles past her lips and the Madame moves towards the door with a huff, footsteps echoing across the wooden floor. She pulls open the door, prepared to tell whoever it is to fuck right off, but she's met with the sight of Locke and the irritation instantly vanishes. "I wasn't expecting you tonight. Come in." She breathes, stepping back from the door so he can step inside and close to behind her.

"I just finished up for the night. Was going to make some tea. Would you like some?" Her curls move away from her neck for a moment the choker he got her that first night is clearly visible on her neck. The silver of the metal and the black gems standing out starkly against her pale skin. Maeve disappears behind the screen and the rustling of fabric fills the room along with the crackling of the fire. She reappears a moment later in one of her many robes. The fabric hangs open, showing off the oversized linen shirt she has on underneath as she finally moves over to him, wrapping her arms around his neck in a hug. "You like nice... Staying out of trouble?"
These violent delights
Have violent ends
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
LOCKE
Driving faster in my car
The corner of his mouth crooks up in a smile as she opens the door. He had heard her little curse and was about to admonish her for it when he saw her. He inhales sharply, running a hand through his hair as he steps around her into the room. "Sorry to drop in kinda unannounced." He hovers by the door as she changes, eyes lingering on the necklace he'd gotten her the second time here. When he had fucked things up. He'd never seen her wear it but of course she is now.

"Yeah.. Tea sounds good." His voice is a little softer than normal as she slips away. He does manage another grin when she returns, wrapping his arms around her waist as she hugs him. "Tryin' too.. Don't look half as nice as you though. Think I might be due for a haircut myself." He's desperately trying to get over his nerves but it's not working. He leans down, pressing a kiss to the corner of her mouth before letting her go. He moves slowly to her little table, sitting down and turning to face her.

"I brought you a present."
These conversations kill
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

"It's alright. You know I don't mind when you come by. I just thought you were someone coming up here about work and I am incredibly over working." Maeve huffs as she draws back from the hug, eyes soft as she gazes up at him. She offers him one of her little smiles that she saves for when no one is really watching. A smile that people so rarely get to see from her. It's genuine and oh so sweet. All of her smiles are sweet, but there is something about this one that puts the others to shame. Her fingers brush through the curls that fall in his eyes, pushing them away from his face with a little hum, "You might need a trim. You're getting a little shaggy."

Maeve accepts his almost kiss. She's used to it now and has broken the habit of trying to turn to meet his lips when he presses them at the corner of her mouth. Even though it isn't on her lips it's still just as welcome. When he releases her she moves towards the fireplace just as the kettle starts to whistle, pulling it from the heat and pouring the water into a waiting teapot. Soon she's walking over carefully with the tray, setting it onto the table. Her brow raises at the mention of a gift and she eyes him curiously as she pours his cup of tea. "A present? What did I do to deserve that?" She asks, settling across from him and fixing her own cup next.
These violent delights
Have violent ends
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE
Driving faster in my car
"Had a long day, Kitten?" He loves when she smiles at him and he can't help but return it. She makes him so soft and he hates it. (Just as much as he loves it, honestly.) He doesn't comment further about his hair though, just kind of soaking in the warmth of her room. It's going to be monsoon season soon and the temperature is going to drop and then likely get very warm before the rains hit. He doesn't have a fire of his own at home so he takes the heat while he can. Locke takes the tea, gently blowing on it before taking a sip. She doesn't indulge him much with tea but he loves when she does. Then again, they rarely have moments of quiet like this. Things tend to get heated pretty quickly.. He almost wished it was right now.

He pulls out the little box, sliding it across the table to her, "Just.. A gift. Nothing special." Inside is a little dagger, silver with amethyst inlaid. There's a little dragon scratched into the blade. It was a bitch to get but it's fine. As long as she doesn't ask how he came across it, it'll be fine. "I've uh.. Gotta tell you somethin' too.." Why is he so fucking nervous about this? It honestly doesn't make sense. It's not like they're lovers.. He takes a sip of his tea to calm himself and it helps, just a little.
These conversations kill
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

"A very long day. A few of the girls have caught some sort of bug so we were a little understaffed downstairs. Not to mention that some of the customers are starting to get a little more rowdy. Most of them are planning to push off soon so they're trying to get their fill now." She says with a sigh, adding a few sugar cubes to her tea and a splash of cream, stirring it slowly. Maeve takes a careful sip, eyeing him over the rim of her tea cup. He doesn't often come to just talk. Normally talking happens after. Once they've reacquainted themselves with each others bodies. She doesn't mind it. They're still figuring things out and she's not in a rush. Maeve is pretty sure that he isn't in one either.

The box suddenly appears on the table and her brow lifts as she gentle sets her teacup down in favor of picking up the gift. "Oh? Is something wrong?" It's the first thing that comes to mind. That something bad happened and she doesn't know how that makes her feel as she tries to think through the sudden worry settling in the pit of her stomach. Maeve carefully pulls the ribbon from the box, opening it with care. A soft gasp parts her lips as her eyes land on the dagger. "It's beautiful." Maeve murmurs, carefully removing it from the box and turning it over in her hand. It's light and well balanced. Clearly made with care. Her brows pinch together and she looks up at him, "You know I already have a dagger, though... Do I really need two?"

She huffs out a soft laugh, carefully replacing it back into its box and setting it aside, "It really is beautiful. Truly. Thank you." Maeve reaches over and takes his hand for a moment, giving it a brief squeeze before she draws back. Her hands find her tea again and she brings it up to take another sip.
These violent delights
Have violent ends
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE
Driving faster in my car
"Any of them giving you trouble?" His voice is a little bit.. protective, maybe? Either way, it's clear he's not above punching someone for being too pushy. He's come to like a lot of the girls there in a kind of.. friendly sort of way. He recognizes most of them and he's pretty sure they recognize them. He wonders what they think of him. Probably just that he's one of Maeve's regulars, maybe even a favorite. It's kind of true. Except he hasn't paid for a visit since the night he just walked out. He watches her add sugar to her drink before taking another sip of his tea. She loves sweets, doesn't she? Not really his thing but he's noticed that she has a sweet tooth. It's something to keep in mind.

Is something wrong? He's not sure. It doesn't feel like it. Maybe a little bit. He shakes his head anyway, watching her open the little box. Her little gasp is good enough for him and then she's questioning him. Locke chuckles, shaking his head again, "Always need two. Figured you could mix and match whichever one fit your outfit or whatever." He licks his lips, taking another drink, "And I didn't want to just get you another necklace. Feels kind of.. weird at this point? But wanted to give you something to remember me by.. Or.. somethin'."

When she takes his hand, his chest feels tight again. It's something he's done well to ignore over the last few weeks but now.. Everything feels kind of real and wonky? A little to the left of normal. Before she pulls her hand away, he brushes his thumb over her knuckles. It's softer than he would normally be but he's feeling soft right now. "Finally gettin' out of here.."
These conversations kill
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Her brow arches at the change in his tone and her head cocks to the side, "No. They aren't giving me any problems. Just getting a little demanding." Maeve waves her hand almost dismissively at his worry. They aren't really giving her much trouble. No more than a rowdy customer in a bar. They have on staff security that watch the main floor and each rom is equipped with a bell to notify them if there are any problems. Still, the way he worries about them is sweet and she appreciates it. z

She lifts her eyes back to him, trying to make sense of what he's saying, "Remember you by? What's that supposed to mean?" Maeve asks softly, pressing her lips together as her grip tightens on her cup. She swallows thickly, that uneasiness suddenly back to twist her stomach into knots. Maeve sets her cup down, the china clattering gently against the saucer. Her hands drop into her lap and she tries desperately not to fidget as she waits for him to offer some kind of explanation.

"You're leaving? Where are you going?" Her voice pitches up higher than she expects it to and her cheeks flush as she drops her eyes, taking a deep breath to try and soothe the nerves that have suddenly washed over her.
These violent delights
Have violent ends
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE
Driving faster in my car
He's glad the men aren't being too.. rowdy. He knows how sailors can be. But he's glad that she seems to have a handle on it. What he's not ready for is the way she falters a little bit when he tells her he's leaving. He wants to poke at it more but decides not to. It's really not a good idea. He's not built for that kind of thing. "To Stormbreak, with Ronin. I.." He kind of inhales, shaking his head, "I joined the Dragoons? Feels kind of stupid at this point but I'm a little excited." Nervous is probably a better word but excited isn't out of the equation either.

He pokes the box with the dagger in it, "S'got a little dragon on it. Get it?" Why does he feel like he's messed something up? They're not a thing. Well, they're a thing but not a thing. He was always planning on leaving and she knew that.. But he still feels kind of bad about it? Like he should stay? He swallows thickly, running a hand through his hair. "But he's building a skyboat.. So you can come visit me. If you want. Or I can come here when I'm not training. I think we get some free time off." He's not sure why she'd come see him but he kind of hopes she does..

"And I'll get a dragon, at some point. I think..S'pretty cool, right?" His heart is racing and he's forgotten about his tea except he's got a death grip around the handle. He just keeps repeating that they aren't a thing, that this is fine. This pain in his chest is only because he's never really done this with anyone. A few times, when he was young and foolish but not in years.. He can't give her what she wants and he has to remind himself of that.
These conversations kill
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve grows quiet, looking down at the table as he gives her the news. There is a mix of emotions. On one hand, she's happy for him. It's what he wanted. A thing he desperately wanted to do. To get out of Torchline and see all of Caido. Stormbreak was a good place to start and from what she knew of Ronin after their time traveling together, Locke would learn a lot. She looks up at him, letting out a breath and managing to get a smile on her lips, "The Dragoons? That's amazing. Really. I'm happy for you." And she is. She's going to miss him. There isn't really a way to get to Stormbreak. Sure, they could write and maybe he'd come back to see her, but he wanted to leave this place. He finally was. Why would he come back?

"Yeah, I get it. I like it. Really." She murmurs, meeting his gaze because he keeps talking and she's grateful for it because it makes his news easier to swallow. "You'd want me to visit you?" Surprise colors her tone despite her best efforts to keep it even and she licks her lips. Her fingers curl around the teacup and she brings it up slowly to take a sip just to give herself something to do. "I'd love to come. I- I've never been to Stormbreak before. I hear it's beautiful there." Maeve lifts her eyes to his as she sets her cup down and slowly reaches out for his hand because she just needs to hold onto some part of him right now.

"A dragon, huh? That is pretty cool. Do you get one as a baby?" She asks because she genuinely is curious if he will raise one all by himself. She wonders what type he'll get. If it will be a boy or a girl. Will it like her? All of these thoughts are distracting enough that she's able to ignore the tightness in her chest. The same tightness he's feeling too.
These violent delights
Have violent ends
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE
Driving faster in my car
Is she really happy for him? He thinks so but he can't quite tell. Maybe it's his own kind of sinking feeling he's imagining. Maybe he kind of wants her to beg him to stay. To beg him to be with her properly, fully. He knows that's not a thing. Hell, he doesn't think he even wants that. "Kinda weird, huh? Never say myself as a military man. Wonder if we'll have uniforms.. Should've asked Ronin but I forgot.." Honestly he was distracted by the whole dragon part of everything. He really is a child, isn't he?

She seems surprised he would want her to visit too. Maybe they should.. figure whatever this is out. But he's not sure he wants to untangle it just yet, especially since he's leaving. "Yeah, why not? We can walk around the town some time and check the bars out. Heard there's a pretty nice uh.. brothel up there.. Sure they'd like some.. fresh talent on occasion." Is it weird to tell your kind of girlfriend to go work at another brothel when she's supposed to be visiting you? Maybe a little bit. Not that he really cares. And then her hand slips into his and his heart skips a beat. Fuck. He's in deep, isn't he? He carefully smooths his thumb over her's trying to offer what comfort he can.

"Not sure. I know I'll just be doing basic training stuff at first, until I get the dragon. That makes sense though. Dragons only like Accepted though. Kind of odd but.." He shrugs, it's not like he's well versed in any of this. He deals mostly with chickens and the occasional stray ramphire. Dragons are going to be a whole new ballpark for him. It'll be fine though, he's handling a lot of new things lately. Like her.

He takes a moment before leaning down to press a kiss to her hand. Its entirely too soft to be him but he does it anyway. His cheeks are red as he looks up at her, sitting back and taking a drink of his tea like he hadn't just done that.
These conversations kill
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

She huffs out a small laugh, shaking her head, "It is kind of weird. You admittedly don't seem the type. Can't say you wouldn't look good in uniform at least." Maeve teases, looking at him with an arched brow when he mentions uniforms. It's a bit of a silly thing to be caught up on. The idea of him in an uniform, but the image comes to her anyway and it sets her mind on a path she has to pull away from because this conversation is too important to ignore.

It all sounds nice. Visiting him in Stormbreak, exploring the city together, and trying new things. Except he mentions the brothel and she's only a touch confused. Is that meant to be a hint? Is she supposed to go work there now? Is it meant to be an excuse for her to be in the city? Like seeing him wouldn't be enough for her? Maeve isn't sure what to make of it so she just smiles instead. "I'm sure you'll know all the best places in no time. You can be my guide when I come visit." She says with a soft hum, giving his hand a squeeze when his thumb brushes gently across her skin. It feels too good and too normal. Maybe it's best that he's leaving. That there will be some distance. He wanted to take things slow and he made it clear that he wasn't looking for a relationship. That he didn't do that kind of thing. They were friends who regularly fucked. That's all.

"Well Accepted are the only ones who can soulbond with them. It's odd, but you can't really argue with dragons." She giggles, a smile tugging on her lips as she looks up at him from beneath her lashes. Maeve leans forward slightly, holding onto his hand with both of hers after his lips plant a tender kiss there. She doesn't comment on it even as her cheeks flush prettily when he draws back. "I really am happy for you. You're finally doing what you wanted. Getting out and seeing the world. That's a big deal, Locke."

Maeve grows quiet, licking her lips as her eyes drop to stare at the sugar cubes so precariously stacked in the bowl between them, "I'm going to miss you. I won't have anyone to bitch and moan to on a daily basis."
These violent delights
Have violent ends
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE
Driving faster in my car
He raises an eyebrow, "Yeah? You think? Guess I have to see about getting one then." He's not sure she's ever really.. complimented the way he looks before tonight. Not that he's ever made a real effort. Still it makes him preen a little bit and he tucks it away for later. It makes it a little easier to swallow the whole going off to the military thing. A little bit. It's not like he's being forced or anything, he doesn't have to go. But he gets the feelings things are kind of weird between them again, still. Maybe they always were, maybe they always will be. At least until one of them sucks it up and actually says how they feel.

And it's probably not going to be him first. Not that he doesn't want to. He's scared. He doesn't like letting people in, letting people get close. And that doesn't make for a good relationship. But they're trying. Whatever it is. They're trying it. Her hands feel small and delicate in his and he's aware of just how fragile all of this is. How fragile she is. He could break it, break her, if he really wanted to. And maybe at some point, he will. But he kind of likes whatever this is. It's easy. He'll show her around the city, get a few drinks, fool around a little. It'll be fine.

He chuckles, shaking his head again, "Yeah. Don't think you can argue much with a dragon. I can't wait to meet mine." If he ever gets that fair. Maybe Ronin will decide to kick him out. Who knows. He'll have to play good boy for a little bit at least. The flush on her cheeks is maybe his favorite thing, top ten at least. "Thanks. I'm a little worried about leaving, honestly. But thank you." Not just leaving her but leaving his siblings too. He hasn't had much to do with them in the last few years but that doesn't mean he doesn't care.

His thoughts are hazy when she speaks again. She'll miss him? He inhales softly, caught off-guard a bit. Then she says she'll miss having someone to bitch too and he grins at her. "You can always write to me. Send me long whiny letters about all the annoying customers. You know I love hearing about your latest limp dick escapades." He really does. She never gives him names or anything too detailed but he loves hearing about it. Is that weird? Probably a little. Speaking of,

"How did your little tryst go after I left? Was kind of hoping to join but I didn't want to intrude." He's only partially joking. Trying to lighten the mood a little bit. Mostly because he keeps thinking about how surprised and almost hurt she had been that he was leaving.
These conversations kill
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve nods, her smile growing a little brighter, "I do think. Very often." She laughs at her own joke, wrinkling her nose before growing a little more serious, "I'm sure you'd look good in one. Going to woo all those Stormbreak girls." Maeve hates that it's likely true. He's handsome, rugged, and has that stupid bad boy charm that is hard to resist. Even if you know they'll ruin your fucking life. Maeve knew it from the start, but here she is, holding his hand and working towards a goodbye that's hard to swallow.

Things were never going to be normal for them. She was a whore. He was never going to stay. They were trying, though. A stupid choice, but one they made anyway because they couldn't just let each other go. It's becoming more clear by the second. She looks at their hands. The way his covers her and the differences between their skin. Maeve likes him. She likes him and he's leaving and she doesn't know what to do with this feeling in her chest. This doesn't feel like something she's meant to have. That she can have. So instead she pushes it aside and focuses back on him.

"I don't think so either. I hear even the small ones can pack a punch." Like she actually knows anything about that. Maeve nods in agreement. She's excited too and it isn't even her dragon. Maeve gives his hand another squeeze of reassurance, "Don't be! This was what you wanted. You're going to be amazing. I just know it." There is nothing ingenuine in her voice. She really believes it. He might be nervous, but Maeve is sure he'll do great. He's scrappy. A survivor. She has no doubt that he'll find his way.

Letters. They could write to each other. It hadn't even occurred to her, but he mentions it and she already knows she's going to do it. The smile is back and a soft laugh bubbles up in her throat, "You'll grow tired of them. You'll be absolutely drowning in letters." Maeve teases, leaning a bit closer to him, her tea cooling and forgotten in front of her. Then he brings up Remi and she has to think for a moment. It wasn't bad. If anything it went fairly well and she thinks she maybe has a new friend. She at the very least has a favor she can call in.

"Uh... It went well. He got his answer and I got a favor. If you stayed though we probably wouldn't have figured out the answer to his burning question." Maeve shakes her head, remembering how gently he turned her down. How worried he'd been about disappointing her. "We didn't.. we didn't actually finish. In case you're wondering. He wasn't into it. Into me, but that's fine. He was trying to figure out if he actually wanted to be with women or just one specific one." She shrugs, thumb brushing across his skin absentmindedly.
These violent delights
Have violent ends