[RQ] deep dive for peace of mind
Nerissa
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 20 - Int:
HOA - Regular - Albino Granite Burmese Python
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 59
this lighthouse I built to guide my feet has burned out and I forgot where I'm going
Anchors weigh a lot. Luckily, Raz is pretty strong and has fellows like Mik at her beck ‘n call - at least for this kind’a thing.

They are cuttin’ it fairly close, though, so when Aurelia and Nate tell her that the anchors are ready, she wastes no time in sendin’ a message to Neriss and waitin’ at the beach for the mermaid to appear. The anchors are already half-in, half-out of the water, rocks from the Rainbow Road and Apopo in a small bag tied to her waist, and the manta-ray choker triple-checked, lyin’ against her neck.

Raza swallows anxiously. Her trip out to the Maw didn’t help much in terms’a settlin’ the uneasy feeling she has about diving into the ocean like this (and no, it ain’t like repairing the Ark or swimmin’ through the tunnels of the Fingers) - but if it would keep Torchline (and ultimately, the Hanged Man) safe from monsoons, she’ll do it - even with the bits and pieces she's heard about Nerissa.
RAZA
Nerissa Marinos
Smuggler

Age: 38 | Height: 155cm | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 12 - Int:
SCYLLA - Regular - Chain Catshark
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 87
Nerissa
once upon a time my world was big
and full of monsters
Nerissa is not the kind of person to allow herself to be defined by bits and pieces. Why bother trying without pulling out every stop?

Raza will notice a glow in the darkening ocean at first, a pale and eerie light approaching the shore. The water around her feet, and the anchors, will bulge and deepen, as if fleeing the light, as if spreading out a welcome mat. After a breath, the lights reveal themselves as a humanoid shape, Nerissa breaching the surface of the water. Behind her, two sharp pointed fins cut along the surface, bodyguard and companion both, though pale eyes focus only on the woman on beach.

”Raza, I presume.” The mer’s voice is musical, in a discordant way, the ghost of a laugh hiding behind them. ”Are you waiting for an invitation? The water is lovely.” While she speaks, the tides begin to pull the anchors into the ocean, taking over the task.
but now the world is small,
and I am the monster
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
this lighthouse I built to guide my feet has burned out and I forgot where I'm going
The water begins to glow like it does durin’ LongNight, announcin’Nerissa’s approach long before Raza can see her. It’s kinda cool, actually, and does a little to remove the Torcher’s fear of the dark depths of the water.

“Aye, ‘N your Nerissa then.” Jacks’s said a bit about the Mer, but he’d never described her adequately - and not like this. Smooth and sharp all at the same time. Vaguely eerie. Maybe not the person you want to be in the water with - but then again, maybe she is? Doing her best not to look like she’s worried or afraid, Raza begins to wade deeper into the water, lacking the fluid grace that Mers have, whilst making up for it with sheer willpower.

“Let’s do this. I ain’t an Attuned, so if ye could just make things clear, I’m followin’ your lead.” Which means, of course, that it’s the last thing they’ll be able to say to each other until Raza resurfaces.

So this should be fun.
RAZA
Nerissa Marinos
Smuggler

Age: 38 | Height: 155cm | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Nerissa
and full of monsters
Everything that passes over Raza’s face is noted, though the mer’s does not shift much in return, save for the slight sharpening of her smile. A single dip of her head confirms her identity before she leans back into the water, waiting for the other to follow. ”I will be as clear as I possibly can, but this should be simple. Don’t worry.”

With that reassurance, Nerissa dips below the surface, sickly lights at the tips of her tentacles an easy guide to follow. The oceans seems to move with Raza, easing her swimming and helping her to keep up with the mer and her companions, one of whom has shifted into a surly looking mer so he can carry the anchors.

They go deep enough that the light fades a mere suggestion, finally settling on some blank patch of ocean floor. Here is perfect, Nerissa décides, reaching out to take one of the anchors from her man and set it firmly into the patch of sand, a tentacle sweeping out to shoo  away a few small crabs as she does. Then, she turns to Raza expectantly, knowing there’s some other prt to this, something else that the woman should have.
and I am the monster
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Change author:
It isn’t until Raza notices that her swimmin’s a lot easier that her anxieties begin to ebb away. She follows Nerissa down, down into the water, until the last of the light disappears and her whole world is Nerissa’s lights. The water seems to press in on her, her head poundin’ with the sound of every heartbeat. Her ears hurt. It’s cold, so cold down here, where she can’t even see her goosebumps.

The mer’s lights illuminate her face and an expectant look paired with a clear patch of sand. She reaches for the little puch, fumbling a bit with the water-soaked opening before she’s able to open it and take out the rocks. Layin’ em gently on the ocean floor, Raza the looks up at Nerissa and shrugs.

That’s all they have to do with them. right?
RAZA
Nerissa Marinos
Smuggler

Change author:
Nerissa
and full of monsters
If Nerissa notices the discomfort squirming under Raza’s skin, she does nothing about it other than smile placidly, her pale eyes all but glowing in her own dim bioluminescence. Rocks make their way out of a handy little bag, the mer cocking her head at them before merely accepting it - she wasn’t the one to set up this little venture, she wasn’t going to question it. Her very presence here is nothing more than a business favour, after all.

A favour that is very nearly completed, Nerissa moving smoothly through the water and gesturing with fingers and tentacles both for Raza to follow, the water around the barkeep tugging at her and keeping her in pace with the mermaid duo. They don’t need to go far, the general measurements all laid out in the meeting Nerissa had had with the Governor.

Another sandy pitch rises up before them, conveniently placed and cleared, though perhaps it would seem natural if you weren’t familiar with the ebb and flow of the ocean floor. Regardless, Nerissa takes the next anchor and place sit down, again waiting for the nest of rocks to be deposited.
and I am the monster
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Change author:
She’s glad Nerissa seems to know the dimensions and measurements of where each anchor and rock should be placed. She doesn’t. In fact, it’s only by chance that she grabs half of them as they move along. And she only knows they’re moving along because Nerissa is kind enough to continue to communicate with her, ushering her along with magic and the like.

Raza very much feels like a passenger on this expedition, a silly little land-lubber who’s desperately trying to remember to breathe properly. Kicking furiously along, the propietress does her best to stay in the light, dipping down to the sandy rise to place a couple more of the stones. Sensing now what the plan was, she even ventures a slight smile to the smuggler as if to say she’s ain’t so scared anymore.

also idk how many anchors were made, soz
RAZA
Nerissa Marinos
Smuggler

Change author:
Nerissa
and full of monsters
And just like that, anchor two is prepared. The smile is returned with a far brighter one, Nerissa a shade warmer than she had been to start. The waters that help Raza along are gentler, the lights always a touch closer than they were before. There’s one final spot, one last anchor to be placed before they’re done, and as far as favours go this is a relatively easy one.

Big enough that she can ask for nearly anything too. How lucky is she?

The last spot is more blatant in its preparation, sand poured onto a rocky shelf to create a platform for the anchors, Nerissa gesturing for the rocks and then reaching out to take Raza’s hand, a tentacle rising to wrap around the barkeeps wrist. It’s faster to get them back to the coast this way, even if it isn’t as comfortable as using solely magic to drag Raza around.

Water rises around them as the beach rushes up, a clear spot opening into air for Raza as soon as they are near enough. ”Thank you for the help down there.” Nerissa hums smoothly, waiting until the other woman’s feet are on dry land to sink back into the waves.

Done~
and I am the monster