cherry wine and strong women
Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
AISHA

Aisha had never seen the streets of the Citadel this clear, all the hard work in removing the Deepfrost snow had paid off for sure. Her thick boots clicked against cobble rather than sink into snow, a satisfying sound and a relieving reminder that the colder month was behind her. Longheat would come next, the sun blazing above but never quite cutting through the ancient layers of ice that caressed the city.

She scuffed her boots at the door to the inn out of habit, instead of knocking snow she removed some dirt that'd wedged in it's traction. In she went, to the dusty abandoned building that would hopefully soon be full of movement and life. Renovations were yet to be done, but Aisha had cleared off an old table and set about satchels full of writings, as well as begun to accumulate books and weapons sanctioned by other institutions in various rooms.

She pulled out a chair, lit the lantern at the center of the table, and starting sifting through some of her papers, awaiting her companion and friend.
suddenly it's looking like
i did not come to play
i already won the game
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
KIADA
the harpy
One good thing about being in the Citadel and being Ascended, was that the Harpy doesn’t have to worry about breathing or exhausting herself as she once had. She’s able to activate that upgrade, to dart toward the old Inn that would soon become the new Monster Hunter’s Guild with a surprising amount of speed. She’s content, surprisingly happy for the moment, and she has no apprehension when it comes to opening up the door and kicking the snow off her own boots before she enters.

She’s brought some books with her too – one of them an old journal that Ronin had left her when he’d handed the remains of the Monster Hunter’s Guild to her. Those are some of the things she’s brought, too.

A bright fanged grin is given to Aisha as she slips into the seat across from her friend in greeting, before she pulls the bag into her lap and starts pulling out book after book, journal after journal. “Well, this is everything I had from it from the Grounds.” She reminisces slightly, a pale finger drawn against the binding of a journal before she shrugs and sets the bag on the floor. “So where do we start, Guildmaster?” She hopes that the playful hope in her tone is reflected by Aisha, though she settles in to wait and see.
she's fire and ice. you'll fear the cold and crave the burn
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Aisha Khai

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
AISHA

Aisha wasn't left waiting long, there was a very quick blur at the front door, and the sound of stomping brings a smile to her face. In comes Kiada, the woman accompanied by a bag of her own, which she adds to the mess on the table as she sits. It's almost instinct when Aisha returned the fanged grin to Kiada, her own partial leopard shift sneaking through and adding a catlike point to her canines. "Kiada," she greeted, pushing some her her own papers aside and leaning in against her elbows.

Journal after journal emerged from the satchel, everything Kiada had from the guild in the grounds laid before Aisha, for her to study and commit to memory. "Fantastic," she replies with a playful enthusiasm, reaching for the nearest journal and briefly flicking through it as Kiada finished unpacking. At the question, the woman looked up and grinned once more, there was something exciting and validating about hearing the title aloud.

"Well, I've gathered all the stuff I could "borrow" from the barracks," she began smirking at her insinuation. Deimos wouldn't mind that a few weapons had gone missing, his two favorite women were going to need them, "We have axes, swords, some spears, crossbows, you know the good stuff." she glanced over her shoulder to the hallway that lead to the stairs, the weapons were currently stashed down there in a room all their own.

"We've got lots of journals and texts collected, they've got a room too. Everything's set to be renovated, we've got people on board," everything was working out great. "As for our first official guild business, I guess that's up for discussion, partner." Aisha returned the playfulness that Kiada had offered, the smile hit her eyes and creased the edges.

"I've made a list of some things that people have expressed to me, just ideas of what we might look in to" she sifted through her own stack to find a small note pad, then she slid it over to Kiada. There she had written; ursurs, cannibals, check out the oerwoud more, dragons. Dragons was circled, because about everyone who planned on joining the guild had something against them. To quote Noah, they were "creatures that the guild would want to eradicate".
i did not come to play
i already won the game
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
KIADA
the harpy
The appearance of Aisha’s feline-esque canines brighten Kiada’s mood quite a bit as she unloads her bag. She opens it all up for the Attuned to look through, all of it laid out specifically for the Guildmaster to peruse – everything from the times before even Aisha had arrived. There are notes of the Spire Demon within, vague enough but with a little marking to signify its death. The rest of it, though, familiar things to her from the Grounds, a few little things from Halo and the Greatwood as well.

And perhaps… Just perhaps, Kiada had included a small tidbit on the Tulminhar, something that she’d noted to absolutely never harm, but something that should remain to be feared. After all, Kiada in her previous life before the Climb, had been kidnapped by the Fae, sacrificed to their Tulminhar, and lived to tell the tale.

Luckily for her, Aisha distracts her as she runs a finger along the spine of another journal, her iceberg gaze lifting to the other woman’s face before a bright cheery laugh leaves her. “Oh yes. All good things.” She chimes, settling in and grabbing a blank piece of paper and a quill with some ink, pausing when Aisha hands the Ascended the list.

Dragons.

Her head tilts as she regards it before her gaze flickers up. “Dragons… Well, Deimos met the white one in the Fangs. Perhaps he may be beneficial to attaining information?” She considers for a moment. “It was the one that had killed Adam and Peter… Sunjata’s voyage.” Her lips purse a bit in distaste at the Governor’s name. “If memory serves, however, Adam and Peter are back. I believe Adam lives in Torchline now as well. Do you know if it’s the white one they want to go after? Or perhaps to try and gain information on other types?” Her head tilts as she looks back to Aisha with a hint of predatory stillness she hasn’t quite mastered to look normal since returning from the dead.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Aisha Khai

Change author:
AISHA

Aisha perused the journal, drawn at first to the most wicked of sketches, then to the contents of the words surrounding them. The spire demon of course caught her eye, though it was taken care of before her time. Still, it reminded her of the things she may be up against, the things that most certainly persisted past the Voice's imprisonment.

Dragons were easily the most dangerous of the creatures Aisha had written on the list, even without her scribbled emphasis the name would've drawn attention. The more serious matter drew a bit of the levity from the room, the Attuned's brows pinching as she watched Kiada ponder it. The suggestions bring a nod from the Guildmaster to be, Deimos would be the easiest first choice.

"Most of the Halovians worry about the white one, but I don't want the guild to be just for Halo. I think if we're going to take on dragons we'll need to gather anything we can," she replied, circling back to the other suggestions. "I'm sure we can force Deimos to anecdote," the light tease did bring a softness back to her expression, "Once we're up and running I'll make a trip to Torchline to talk with them too, Adam and Peter."
i did not come to play
i already won the game
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA
the harpy
The talk of dragons certainly perks up the ex-guild leader, content to offer her information on the subject to Aisha without issue. A soft smile graces her features in sympathy as she nods her understanding to that as well. “I heard the white dragon also came and stole Weaver away shortly after she was named Warden.” Perhaps that’s why the Halovian’s preferred the information on the white one. It was the biggest threat to them at the end of the day.

As for the rest of it? Speaking to Peter and Adam? She nods her head with that as well. “May be worth reaching out to Sunjata as well. I hear he has a dragon shift.” And seeing as Jigano had taken a voyage away from the rest of them here in Caido, hidden away and left alone never to be found again, well… That left the obvious choice. Why not talk to the dragon that could speak to them without ripping their heads off.

Though perhaps that’s not entirely out of the realm of possibility either. Kiada didn’t care for Sunjata much, if at all, so that would be up to Aisha and whomever else as well. Still, however, she taps at the journal with a soft smile. “I did read that the Draig has a myriad of other dragon types too. Maybe the various libraries have more information?” They could scour the ones here and in the Grounds as well as Torchline to see if there were any pieces they could start to piece together.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Aisha Khai

Change author:
AISHA

Aisha's eyes darkened at Weaver's name, not in any sort of contempt, but in thought, in sadness. She'd never personally known the woman, but she'd known Korbin. She'd somehow found herself caring about the raven, this past Deepfrost she'd met him again out in the snow, resigned to a body that'd forgotten it's human life. Weaver's death had taken a toll on all of Halo, and in turn, a toll on Aisha. Even without knowing her, a bit of vengeance would be sweet.

She gave a nod, saying no more on the warden before Morgan. They moved on, discussing witnesses and further investigation. Sunjata had a dragon shift? When was the last time she'd seen that man? Felt like not that long ago, but perhaps a lot had changed, and it was time for a visit, regardless of her companions notions. "I'll visit him then, you don't have to come if you don't want to," she replied, flashing a smirk as she finished, having noticed the slight distaste to his name.

The Draig, the Cordillera was somewhere that she'd heard plenty about but only as myth and legend. There were no stories of the place because no human lived there, and it seemed like none survived it. But there could be some, somewhere, who had recorded information. The leopardess sighed, "I thought I was DONE with libraries," she joked with a toothy grin. Leaning back in her chair stretching up her arms, "but I guess I wouldn't mind a little more research. Might sick Elide on it." The other ascended was fond of books and writing, Aisha was fond of fighting and experiencing, far better with interrogation than scouring pages that all looked identical to the last. Responsibility would see her do it, so it would be done, but not without the usual amount of sassy complaints.
i did not come to play
i already won the game
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA
the harpy
I think Chuy and I have planned a week getaway in Torchline…” She ponders, tapping her fingers along the table before she chimes a laugh, a fanged grin on her face. “I’d prefer not to ruin it by dealing with Sunjata of all people.” Her lip feathers in a slight amount of distaste again before she shakes her head and moves to lean forward. “The man’s a mess. Anyway.

She flits through journal after journal, lifting her gaze to Aisha at the mention of libraries, a bark of laughter leaving her yet again as she moves to shake her head. “I don’t mind libraries too much. I went in a voyage with Amalia, Deimos, and Jigano once in search for Safrin’s library.” She offers with a shrug of her shoulders, before she’s bracing her elbows on the table and looking up at Aisha with amusement. “Should Elide wish for company I’d be happy to accompany her.” It would give her yet another thing to spend all of her time with.

And as for Elide? She liked the woman. She’d have no problem helping out where she could.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Aisha Khai

Change author:
AISHA

"Ooh, getaway," Aisha cooed, grinning at the idea. Her own visit to Torchline this Flowerbirth had been incredibly brief, she'd tacked up her wanted posters and gotten back to work. Maybe it wouldn't be a waste of time to vacation there if it was labeled work, an informative mission, diplomatic or something like that. She huffed in amusement, "Consider me your savior then," she drawled playfully, then tucked away the idea of a Torchline visit for later.

"Did you find it?" she asked, curious of the library, somehow not privy to it. Deimos was albeit, very shitty at keeping people updated. She wouldn't be surprised if he was on some secret mission to the bottom of the ocean right now, then came back next week and never told anyone. She gave a small laugh, nodding and considering it a plan, "Good then, sounds like we have our first projects slightly planned out." Progress would always be slow, things would change, but it did feel like they were moving forwards. Getting somewhere, step by step, and Aisha thrived in that kinetic plane.
i did not come to play
i already won the game
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA
the harpy
Aisha’s words are met with a playful, dramatic flair from the Ascended – her hand crossing over her heart and her other arm braced against her forehead as she leans back, ever the perfect picture of a princess being saved. “Oh, what would I ever do without you?” She chimes, before she settles again and flashes Aisha an amused grin paired with a snickering laugh. Truly, though, Aisha would be saving her from having to deal with Torchline’s governor. It was a small blessing, all things considered.

But the Harpy focuses on the question that’s met, before she’s nodding. “We did. It was beautiful and dangerous.” She offers with a bright, pale, fanged smile. “It was how we found out Halo existed before the portal to it opened.” She chimes, almost with pride. Deimos and her, trapped in that damn book called Portals, showing them the mountains where they’d one day return to in order to call it home.

As for having the projects slightly planned out, Kiada leans back in her chair, fingers tapping along the binding of a book with a small grin. “It sounds like we do.” She agrees, content and pleased. “Do feel free to take all of these books, by the way. I have no need of them. Oh! And if you see Ronin, you could ask him some questions. He’s the one that gave the Guild to me in the first place.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Aisha Khai

Change author:
AISHA

Before they knew Halo existed, Aisha often forgot that there was a time when grounders only knew about their bubble society. Even the Greatwood, connected by borders, was once unknown, completely foreign. It was amazing how quickly things changed in this world, and how young she was to it all in the grand scheme of things. "I forgot that Halo didn't always 'exist' to us," she mused with a huff, a soft smile.

There was both conclusiveness to the current conversation, but an undertone that flowed through. There work was not done, it was only beginning, and that excitement danced in the fire behind her eyes, "Thanks, they'll look nice next to my other growing pile of readings," she teased again, reaching for the new journals to have them all together. She glanced back up to Kiada at the mention of Ronin, "do you know where he is? I haven't met him but I want to."
i did not come to play
i already won the game
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA
the harpy
It’s always been a bit of a shock every time the portals opened.” She chimes with a quiet huff of laughter but shakes her head regardless. “Now, though, with everything open and the storms passing? Well. It seems as though the world is our oyster.” She muses, flashing another fanged grin to her friend as she settles and offers the books to the new Guildmaster.

She nods in amused agreement at the idea of them sitting next to an ever growing pile of books, as she slides them over toward Aisha’s pile, before she leans back in her chair and folds her arms across her chest, letting her gaze meet the other woman’s with a soft smile. “I don’t actually. I had heard that he takes trips to Torchline occasionally, from wherever he’s been. Maybe post something up on the notice board and how to contact you?” Her head tilts curiously.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Aisha Khai

Change author:
AISHA

Aisha nodded, remembering her own ventures into the Wilds with Deimos and the outlander Cam. She'd seen King's End, the verdant fields and meadows, babbling brooks and forests. The steps that towered up and ended there in the clouds had confounded them, even more than that, whatever magic had stolen them from that place and dropped them in the Oerwoud.

Which brought up a question, "Have you been to the Wilds? Deimos and I went to explore King's End at the beginning of Flowerbirth, we ended up getting teleported halfway across the fucking continent." They hadn't put much thought into it then, but maybe it happened to others, it might be something to look into. A phenomenon of the Wilds or something else entirely.

Onto Ronin, Aisha nodded, grabbed a pen and scribbled notice ronin on her palm so as not to forget. She'd always found that method to work the best, papers or mental notes were easily lost to a plethora of other thoughts and receipts. "I'll do that," she replied, dropping the pen back on the stack of papers.
i did not come to play
i already won the game
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA
the harpy
There’s a small smile that’s sent Aisha’s way with the question, before she shakes her head with a small sigh. “I… Haven’t been much up for exploring since I died.” Perhaps it’s a bit of brutal honesty, but truthfully she’s simply been enjoying the fact that she was home, home with Chuy in Halo, with nothing to worry about now that LongNight was over. “And since LongNight, I’ve kind of just wanted to stay home.” Her shoulders rise and fall in a shrug.

Hopefully Aisha understood. Something about her seems to suggest that the Deepfrost Shield would understand such a thing.

Deimos hasn’t told me that story, though. Perhaps I’ll have to poke and prod him with bear claws.” Not real bear claws, but hopefully Aisha read between the lines to see that Kiada absolutely means the pastry kind.

But she’s content to continue idle chatters and offering ways of buttering up to Deimos until Aisha bids her farewell and she makes her departure.

- FIN <3333
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3