Mini Event sticks and stones
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
REMI

Did Remi want to be here? No. Did he expect anything at all to come of this? No. Luckily his divine instructions hadn't included caring about this task, or even being successful at it.

So it is that we find Remi sat in the Kraai with a glass of untouched gin next to him on the table (the stuff he made was better, he just wanted to order some to make sure). His head is down, curls obscuring his eyes as he works on various sketches and things he might make in his alchemy shop, back in Stormbreak. Dressed in a bulky cream sweater that Ronin said made him look smart, the alchemist currently looks like the last person who should be leading any sort of defensive projects, nevermind something of the magnitude he'd been given.

But he'd contacted Morgan, put up a notice on the Notice board on his way over, and was planning on spending the afternoon in the corner of the Kraai.
Who are you? They ask. Death?
Sometimes... I say. But not today
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
AISHA
Aisha had been to the Greatwood only once, but the mystical forest had made an impression. It was a strange kind of comforting, caressed in the fronds and foliage of a place buzzing with energy. Unlike other forests, the Greatwood took the lead, guiding her rather than allowing her to navigate. It was somehow freeing, relinquishing control if only for a moment. There she had met a fae, kind enough to lead her to a shrine. And there she came across a spirit, a small spritely thing, who had asked her to promise to protect the Greatwood, to remember the Mathair.

So the parchment attached to the notice board had caught her eye, the message and the signature. She'd heard of the alchemist, but never met the man. She arrived at the Kraai cloaked in her sheepskins, hit by the humid heat of the bar she began to remove her layers, laying them atop a bar stool. Beneath she wore a tank top, eggshell in color, allowing the warmth to touch her shoulders, or what skin there wasn't clouded by her curls.

Remi seemed the obvious stranger, the one with his head down, the one she didn't recognize. So she moved his way, pulling out a chair opposite him and leaning back. "You're the Greatwood guy yeah?"
and it's all in the way that you talk
starts with a whisper
ends with a shout
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Morgan

I will not be told where to stand
I will not be told what to say
Morgan still felt hesitant about Remi's intentions, when it came to 'defending' the Greatwood. On the one hand, he could be entirely genuine, unbothered about harming the Ascended and actually interested in helping the vulnerable. On the other, she knew he was connected to the Gods; what if this was some kind of way to cover the truth, which was that this was an attempt to subdue the Voice and her people?

He'd said he thought it was likely there would be a war, which worried her. Were those on the side of the Old Gods planning to start one? She'd never heard those predictions from Ascended.

She came to the Kraai expecting to see Remi surrounded by people, rousing them all to action; instead, it seemed like he'd just about caught Aisha's attention. Morgan approached slowly, carefully, listening to what was being said. Arriving behind her and for now standing with a hand on the table she nodded. "He is. Good afternoon, Remi. I expected more of your visit after your letter."
Not by you
Not by anyone tonight
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS
the ocean does not apologize for its depth
and the mountains do not seek forgiveness
The Notice Board had more than its fair share of intriguing nuances. There’d been the script about Abandoned seeking out Ascended brethren, which he scoffed, snorted at, and pondered tearing down, and then Remi’s, of all people, stark against the outline of the pegs and pins. In all considerations, the Sword didn’t know how to feel about the man now – considering the series of cycles, changes, and alterations, the saga of separations, and parting of ways. They likely hadn’t talked to one another in well over a year.

So he hesitated, glared at the document lined along the void, and then figured he’d hear him out.

Wandering into the midst of the Kraai, his eyes went first towards Aisha (amused to find her there), and then Morgan (wondering if his appearance for this particular moment was going to inspire a future lecture or discussion). He nodded to both, and then the piercing slate of his eyes considered the individual he once knew as the Alchemist. The General didn’t take a chair, and instead, propped and leaned himself against a wooden beam, arms crossed over his chest, features nonchalant and reticent purposefully – waiting to hear the Lullaby out. “Remi,” was a quiet modicum of greeting, and then nothing more.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667

Hotaru
My head's a burial ground of your memory
Hotaru knows very little about the Greatwood, has ventured into its borders perhaps once. That doesn't preclude it from her curiosity however. She is a patron of Frey, an elemental being herself, and the wild nature of the Greatwood appeals to her on a personal level as well as being a prime environment to endear herself further to Frey. With what is coming, she wants to be all the closer to them, and this meeting will be informative if nothing else.

Stepping inside the Kraai with golden head held high, her eyes flicker over those gathered, a smile twitching onto her lips at the familiarity of all of them. Remi of course is a name she only knows on account of what he'd done to Sunjata, but considering she'd stabbed her own ex days later, she supposes they can bury that particular hatchet.

Moving to Deimos' side, she gives a smile to Morgan and a wink to Aisha, hip cocking out comfortably as she finally turns her attention to Remi. Silent for now, watching and waiting.
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI

Glancing up as a rather petite woman casts a shadow across his paper, Remi is about to answer her question when Morgan does it for him. Glancing toward the Glacier, the alchemist gives a slow smile, before nodding. "And you are?" He asks of Aisha with a warm smile, before his pale gaze filters back to Morgan. Offering her an apologetic shrug, he puts down his charcoal and leans back.

"Words have never been my strong suit, so I apologize for that." He says of their correspondence. "The truth of it all is that myself and the rest of the demigods were given tasks by Vi, Mort, and Rae. Mine was to create defenses for the Greatwood and to find ways of keeping the ascended out of it. Because of how many ascended are now living in the Grounds, I think having an area fortified so close is meant to...temper whatever the gods think they might do." All of this is matter of factly said, free of emotion on Remi's part.

Nodding to Deimos and Hotaru as they appear, he continues. "I've told all of this to Wessex, and to a few of the other ascended as well. I won't hide what it is I've been sent to do, but I've also assured them that I mean them no harm." He doesn't know Morgan's relationship with Neron of course, but perhaps it's all the more apt that it's to her that he looks as he says this next part: "I have loved more than one ascended in my time, and I still do. Very much. I can't so easily go against the will of a god who holds the life of my son in their hands, but I can make sure that until I'm told otherwise, my intentions are clear.

I am only looking to protect the Greatwood."
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:

Hotaru
Wow, quite a lot to be said apparently, and yet little of it reveals anything truly meaningful about what brought her here. Personally, of course. Perhaps the others gathered here have some sort of vested interest in the rest. His gaze seems rather intentionally directed after all.

When silence reigns, Hotaru gives a flick of her fingers in a little half-wave to try and summon his attention, expression respectfully intrigued. "You've only briefly mentioned the defenses. Are the Fae aware of what you - or any of us - will be doing? I'd assume they'd want to be included considering how much butting in they've had to deal with since the barrier fell." Here she punctuates it with a wry grin, far too understanding of how the Fae must feel. If do-gooders had entered her kingdom in her reigning years, blundering about and destroying sacred trees, Hotaru would certainly have caused more bloodshed than they had.

"Any ideas on what kind of defenses would be best? Physical, magical, a combination of both?" Her magic is far more elemental and offensive in nature. Creation is more Deimos' schtick, and if she intends to help she'd rather not be effectively useless just because of her Abandoned nature. "Will you be coordinating the efforts?" Plenty of questions for him to parse through, which will hopefully answer any that the others pose.
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Aisha Khai

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
AISHA
The Greatwood guy, Remi Taliesin, didn't need to answer, the warden joined the table shortly after a brief regard to the question. Still he turns to Aisha, asking for her own name, "Aisha Khai," she replied, returning his smile and leaving it there. There were more important things to be said than names and pleasantries, he got right to it, addressing the Shield and the warden.

It was easy to lose track of the growing tension when you're locked away in Halo, her brows furrowed as he spoke of the Ascended, that the gods expected some kind of assault. More Halovians joined them, all three others took their places standing, perhaps they looked intimidating from an outside perspective. That of someone who did not know Remi, of what he was capable of.

He continued explaining, assuring them that he'd assured this person and that, and finally concluding that he just wanted to protect the Greatwood. Aisha wanted to stay out of any brewing wars, she would not have any of her actions directly or inadvertently harming her friends in the grounds. But she also did not want to see the Greatwood fall, and for that reason she remained interested, turning to listen to Hotaru as she prodded and pressed for more.

Aisha waited until the woman finished before adding her own question, "Do these defenses you have in mind harm the ascended?" She recalled Longnight a couple years past, in which divine barriers had ended in the death of friends, innocents.
starts with a whisper
ends with a shout
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
He listened; eyes not trailing to anyone else but Remi, taking in the words, the reel of parameters. Defenses to keep the Ascended out. Age-old, primordial means that had flickered and volleyed and lingered amongst the Greatwood since they’d known about its existence. A loathing for those who’d tampered with their home and diminished their members, their gods.

And then other things that weighed, hanging heavy over whatever Remi had become.

Considerations mauled at the forefront – Deimos held his creation tactics, alongside fire, death, air, earth, and water – measures that could prove to be helpful nuances. But that inquiry had been established by Hotaru, and he nodded towards its inclinations, curious to the methods, measures, and necessities as well. “How many of us would you need? Are you asking other lands?”
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Morgan

I will not be told where to stand
I will not be told what to say
Well, if Remi did have bad intentions towards the Ascended, he was certainly very good at saying all the right things. Morgan had known a few politicians in her time gifted with fancy words to dance around their real aims, but for the most part she decided she believed him for now. Nodding as he addressed her, she kept her face straight and steely, not letting any of the vulnerability in her show when it came to loving Ascended.

"I believe you and I am not opposed to the Greatwood having defenses. However...if in the future your intentions do change, or maybe are forced to change-" The Old Gods holding someone's son hostage didn't really surprise her, and she could understand why Remi would find it difficult to go against them...though it also meant he wasn't to be trusted. Not when there was such leverage over his head. "Halo, at least in an official capacity--" Her eyes swept over the group. "Will not support it."

That said, she was content to listen to the others questions.
Not by you
Not by anyone tonight
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI

The look the alchemist offers Hotaru indicates none of his frustration he feels at being questioned in a way he can't help but interpret as condescending. But, he had said he didn't know what he was doing, so perhaps it something he brought on himself. "Of course. I have been living with the fae for a few seasons now, and they've been included the plans for the Woods every step of the way." The alchemist confirms with a nod. As for what defenses? "I've spoken with both Ludo and Frey about it...perhaps something that increases sunlight? But I thought perhaps we might lean into the Greatwood's natural defenses as well. It's notoriously good at keeping those it doesn't approve of out." Nodding at her final question, the alchemist smiles wryly. "I will, yes."

Aisha 's question is harder to answer, and it has the alchemist frowning down at the drawing he'd been working on. "I would like to say no. And at least for right now, I do not think that is where our efforts should be aimed. But honestly? If it is clear that they are not wanted within the Woods, if the means of defense are ignored? Then yes. I can see something more offensive being implemented near the Fae's village. It wouldn't be the first time that the ascended have ignored the fae's warnings and wishes."

Glancing toward Deimos, Remi considers. "Just a few, I think." Turning his pale eyes toward Morgan, the alchemist can only smile sadly as he nods. "If it comes to that, you will be one of the first to know. I have already told Wessex that I would never hide my intentions from her. From anyone, really." He shrugs softly. Remi might not be a good man anymore, might indeed be the monstrous murderer he was often accused of being, but at least right now, he was trying.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:

Hotaru
His face is a smooth canvas, and as such there are no tells to read. That in itself is a tell however, indicating he is just as masterful as she when it comes to concealing reactions. Intriguing, but not worth dwelling on. Not when he has actual information to give this time around.

Already she is contemplating defenses, hand moving to stroke idly at her lips as she considers. "Even if sunlight could only be concentrated at the borders, or perhaps an area at the border that heats in warning if an Ascended crosses and only increases as they venture further..." falling into a wordless hum as she muses on the matter, fingers tapping idly. As the other questions are answered, she turns her head to Deimos, arching a fair brow silently. It's an intriguing proposition if nothing else, and her own elemental soul preens at the prospect of working with Frey and securing the Greatwood at the same time. If Wessex is already aware, then the only Ascended in the Grounds she really cares for is no longer a conflict of interest.

Turning back to Remi, she gives a small quirk of her lips. "Well, I'd certainly be interested in helping." And that's that honestly.
Aisha Khai

Change author:
AISHA
Hotaru had asked the right questions, pulling answers from the Demigod that satisfied some of Aisha's considerations. The girl turned her narrowed gaze to Remi as he addressed her inquiry, following his attention down to the paper he drew upon. It was an adequate acknowledgement, and while overall she could not bring herself to fully trust the "peaceful" intentions of the man or the Old Gods at his back, she saw how the proposed defenses could benefit the Greatwood, and wasn't opposed to the idea.

To that point, the ascended were not exempt from distrust, despite having friends among them, she'd seen what they'd done to the Mathair; she knew that clear lines had been drawn and were not being erased.

Morgan's assertion was regarded with a nod of agreement. Anything extending past protection of the Greatwood was not their intent, and that much was clear among them. For that Aisha was grateful, "I'm interested too," she agreed, "I'd like to see the Greatwood safe."
starts with a whisper
ends with a shout
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
A set of machinations and calculations was ushered, and he spared some opportunities to glance at the others he knew well – Morgan, with her warning (that caused a very brief arch of his brow), Ru with her side-glance, and Aisha’s declaration. Concentrations of sunlight was a consideration for the Greatwood – and it likely wouldn’t take much more in ways of application – but he wondered. He pondered a lot.

How did one keep out someone like Wessex? Powerful and potent? Above and beyond? Or was that not even in the cards any longer?

His piercing gaze focused back upon Remi, and with a nod that suggested nothing but his acceptance. “I can help.”
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I