i'm gonna miss it someday
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 12 - Int:
LEVIATHAN - Mythical - Dragon (Air Blast)
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Seraphina
the artificer
i'm not a slave, i won't be guided to a grave in
a masquerade, you'll hide your face
She’s been trying to keep up with her training since she’d learned a few tricks with Ronin – and given her uselessness at destroying the shrine in Torchline… Well, she finds herself here a bit more often. Today, it’s a surprisingly beautiful spring day, semi cloudy with streaks of gold from the sun that pepper through Stormbreak, and Sera’s dressed for training. Long dark hair is tied back, a snug fitting pair of pants and a soft shirt with a crewneck.

She’s already done her stretches, her jog, and now? Now she focuses on a target – trying to reinforce new muscles to form aside from the ones from work alone. And she’s chosen a specific dummy, much taller than her, as if it might give her an edge. Levi sits atop the target, the pale dragon perched and puffing air at her as if to ward her away from it, and all she can do is roll her eyes to her companion.

It works, though, a puff of air straight into her face, her punch going wide from the dummy and slipping through the air. “Oh, you little bastard you.” She chimes, stepping back, huffing a sigh of annoyance as she glares at the proud dragon.
you got it out for me, like strangers in the night
holding close their sharpened knives
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE

"Not really nice to call someone you just met a bastard. Not exactly little either." He's well aware she's not talking to him but Locke's not well known for the smart choices he makes. He's got his hands tucked into his pockets as he makes his way over to her. He's never seen someone train with their dragon. Then again, he's only been here for a few days so he hasn't seen much at all.

It's a good distraction though. Monsoon season is getting closer and it makes him nervous. He slips one hand out of his pocket to start fiddling with his necklace. Just a simple gold chain with a little flower on it, it doesn't look at home on him at all. "If you're trying to punch the dummy, should use the force of turning more than just your arm." He also really likes giving out unsolicited advice. Whoops.

"Although I've never fought anyone with a dragon on their head so take it with a grain of salt." He scoots a little closer to Levi, trying to get a better look at him before looking over at Sera. He really does have a soft spot for girls with dark hair, doesn't he? Plus she looks like she could get a decent punch in. Always a bonus in his books.

"You a dragoon?" He kind of assumes so, the dragon and all, but he's not sure. Maybe everyone here just has one or something.
I'm not gonna lie
I want you for mine
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
The voice that calls out to her does make her jump, the Artificer whirling around to face Locke with a brief moment of wide eyes. She doesn’t recognize him, doesn’t recognize the sun tanned skin, the rugged appearance. Perhaps he’s a new recruit? Or perhaps hidden away from her all this time. Her gaze softens a fraction, but there’s still annoyance within it. “No, I don’t suppose you are little, are you?” No, in fact she meets his gaze quite a bit higher than her own.

Doesn’t matter much, she may be small but she is quite fiery.

Her gaze flickers back to the dummy, to the pale dragon that lifts off the head of it to curl around her shoulders and peer at Locke while she focuses on the target and what he’s said. She takes a deep breath, reorients herself, and shakes out her hands before she turns a bit more fully toward Locke. “No… I’m not a Dragoon. I’m the Artificer for the Order.” She says, trying to melt away her annoyance for charming playful smiles, leaning forward in a sort of bow. “I’m Seraphina.

Straightening back up she folds her arms across her chest. “Are you? Though… Even if you are or aren’t, I could use some help.” She toys with the idea, scanning him curiously as if she might be able to take his advice or devour him whole. Perhaps both?
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
LOCKE

Locke straightens up as she looks at him, preening just a little under the attention. He misses the simple act of flirting and not letting it get all complicated and stupid in his head. ”Sorry to disappoint you.” He gives her a crooked smirk as if to punctuate his own little joke. There’s even an added wink. He’s never seen her and she doesn’t seem like she’s his superior so why not? (As if that would stop him.)

He watches the dragon for a moment before watching her again. He can’t help but feel a little pang of jealousy over the connection. He knows with time he’ll get his own but still. He’s used to just taking what he wants instead of waiting for it. Stormbreak has been a test of his character and he’s only been here a moment. ”The Artificer of the Order? How fancy.”  He knows vaguely what the Order is but nothing too concrete. ”Nice to meet ya Seraphina. You can call me Locke.” He steps forward, holding his hand out to her.

His eyes only dip to her chest a moment before going back to her face. She might not have even noticed. He’s not sure which one he wants. ”Not a dragoon either, not yet at least. And I can help, I suppose. Depends on what I get in return.” You can take the boy out of Torchline but you can’t take the Torchline out of the boy.
I'm not gonna lie
I want you for mine
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
She regards him curiously, her head tilting the opposite way from where Levi sits. She isn’t disappointed, actually. Quite the opposite, especially when the smirk is given and the wink. And oh, how two can play at that game. “It is fancy.” She agrees, flashing him a brighter smile, one that lingers with a hint of a bite. But it’s all fun and games, isn’t it?

His hand extends and she takes it easily, placing her own into his as her gaze seeks out his face. She isn’t oblivious to the look he takes of her, but she isn’t put off either. After all, Sera was a flirtatious Frey follower, wanting nothing more than to delve into life’s wonders. Most of the time it was Frey and Rae’s creations that sparked her fancy. “The pleasure is mine, Locke.” She murmurs to him, giving his hand a gentle squeeze even as Levi puffs a breath of air at the newcomer, his gaze watchful and protective.

Sera immediately shrugs her shoulders, loosening the dragonling, watching momentarily as he takes flight to the beams above. “Oh how fun. A bargain.” She murmurs, giving him a good look over. “Depends on what you’d want out of it, I suppose.” She flashes him a playful smirk, one that has her straightening a bit as she awaits an answer.
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE
Driving faster in my car
Falling farther from just what we are
”You’ll have to tell me about it sometime. I keep hearing about this mysterious Order and I can’t say I’m not curious. Maybe I’ll have to owe you something for it.” So many things he’s curious about but right now he’s more curious about her and what she needs help with and her dragon. Her grin makes him laugh, a faint red blossoming across his cheeks. This feels good. He’s not going to let her get under his skin, not at all.

His thumb lightly brushes across her knuckles as they shake hands, ”That’s typically my goal.” Another wink before he’s getting huffed at by the little dragon. He drops her hand, holding his up with a slight laugh. ”Sorry mate, didn’t mean to offend. I’ll have to bake you up something tasty as a sorry.” He doesn’t even know what a dragon eats but he can figure something out. Maybe they like spice? Or sweets? The man watches the dragon flit away before looking back just in time to catch her looking him over.

”Aren’t you supposed to go first? You’re the one that needs help” He tilts his head, shaggy hair falling just a tad into his eyes. He runs his hand through his hair to alleviate it, ”But I suppose I’d be willing to do just about anything for a drink. Haven’t gotten a chance to go bar hopping yet.” It’s true. He’s been a good little soldier boy up until today. It’s kind of his first day off and he had nothing better to do.

”So what did you need help with? I’ve got plenty of talents.”
Smoke a cigarette and lie some more
These conversations kill
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
Favor for favor, she could get behind that easily. “Deal.” She agrees swiftly, flashing a toothy grin his way as she gives him her hand. His thumb brushes across her knuckles and she can’t help the faint twitch of a smirk that tries to replace the smile, her gaze ignoring Levi’s departure to instead study Locke. “He’s just grumpy. He loves food though, you could win him over.” She offers, returning the wink as she settles back on her heels with a quiet and soft laugh.

Perhaps I’m just waiting to see what you have to offer me, mister Not A Dragoon Yet.” She can’t help the drawl she puts on his title, replacing it swiftly with an amused look. “Drinks I can do, easily. As for the rest of it? I’m just trying to work on some self defense.” She places her hands on her hips as she peers back at the training dummy.

Her head tilts back toward him with a playful smirk. “Show me your best shot, perhaps?” She moves then, flitting around him easily to step to the side and watch him take his shot.
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE

”I’ve been told I’m a pretty good cook, if I do say so myself. So I’ll keep that in mind. Wouldn’t want a dragon biting my face off.” He wonders just how much  more he’ll get to interact with the dragon beyond just this. Maybe when she takes him out for drinks. He’ll bring him something then.. Smoked fish maybe? Surely he can get his hands on some fish..

Locke clicks his tongue, eyes narrowing slightly at the way she says his title. But she does at least accept his offer of drinks. He’s kind of excited by the thought of getting to hang out with her some more. He wants to know more about the order and about her and about dragons.. “Self defense? I can do that. I got in scraps all the time back in Torchline.”  He points to his nose, “Only got it broken a few times..”  The statement is punctuated with a grin as he steps towards the training dummy.

He returns her smirk with one of his own. “I suppose I can do that.. For a drink.” Locke shakes his hands out before curling them into fists. Normally he’d put some kind of wrap on but he’ll be fine. He goes for akin to a right hook, aiming for the dummy’s torso rather than it’s head. There’s a crack and he winces but only steps back. He gives her a grin, clearly in some kind of pain. “Not.. Not really the.. Best for self defense.. Now that I think.. About it. Just kick ‘em in the nuts.” His voice is only a little strained.
I'm not gonna lie
I want you for mine
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
Oh are you?” She asks with a feline grin, delight spreading across her features as she looks at him a bit more carefully. She’s sure Levi and Locke would get along easily, given the idea of tasty snacks as bribes. It shouldn’t be a problem at all.

Excitement only blossoms more at the mention of Torchline though, dark brows rising as her grin grows a bit more intrigued. “Oh, you’re from Torchline.” She lets the name roll off her tongue easily, her head tilting a fraction as she moves out of the way of him to take the shot. “I’m sure you have incredible stories.” Likely so much better than her own, after all.

Delight spreads through her features again as she dips her head in agreement. “I’ll even make it two if I get to hear a tale.” Her grin turns a fraction sharp as she regards him, watching the punch as it’s thrown, hearing the crack.

A snicker leaves her at the ultimate decision of advice he has to give her and she nods her head in agreement. “Ah, well, that I can do.” She steps closer to him, peering at the hand he’d used to punch the dummy. “Is your hand okay?” She asks, extending a hand as if to inspect it better should he place his in hers.
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE

”Stories, sure, incredible, not so sure. Some of them are fun though. I’m sure you have stories too. But I’ll tell you one. For a drink.” He winks at her again because why the hell not! He’s having fun. Or he was until he hurt his hand. Nah, he’s still having fun. Nothing a little pain will really dampen. Especially since she holds her hand out of his. Another excuse to touch.

He holds his own out to her so she can look at it. Nothing is broken, just bruised. There’s a bit of cracked skin but it’s questionable if that was there before or not. ”It’ll be fine. I forgot how hard the dummies are compared to a person I guess.” Or maybe he was showing off a little too much. He wiggles his fingers lightly, a soft hiss escaping as he flexes them. It still hurts but its duller now. He’s going to have to be careful not to break his hand. Wouldn’t be of much use to Ronin like that. ”Seriously though. In a real scrap, you fight dirty. Biting, scratching, nut kicking, cunt kicking. It’s all fair game. Keep yourself small too, arms close to your body, duck down.. Wish I could tell you more about how to utilize a dragon in it but you know.. Still just a wannabe dragoon.”
I'm not gonna lie
I want you for mine
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
She waves him off when it comes to her stories. “Ach, hardly anything of interest unless you consider studying a fun past time.” Here her eyes roll playfully until they land back at him, agreement for a drink for a story, though, committing that favor for favor to memory. As if it would be hard to forget.

His hand meets her own, however, and she drifts closer — inspecting the hand for any obvious signs of injury. “I did this once when I accidentally struck my knuckles with a hammer.” A chimed laugh leaves her as she shakes her head, keeping a hold of his hand as her dark brown gaze lifts to Locke’s face to hear the rest of the instruction.

Don't think I’ll have much of an issue when it comes to making myself small.” She informs him with a wink, before she’s settling back on the heels of her feet. But she lets his hand go to drift a bit closer, to reach up and pat his shoulder in a friendly manner. “You’ll get there one day.” It’s said with all the confidence she has. For the rest of it though? She peers across the plaza to spy the sky behind Locke before her attention flickers back to him. “Tell me, Locke, do you have any plans for the rest of the day?
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE

”I can barely read so I can’t really judge that.” He gives her a little wink as she rolls her eyes. He can read, of course, wouldn’t be here if he couldn’t. Could he read well? No. Has he ever read a book at all? Also no. Didn’t have much time for schooling. Maybe some day he’ll work up the balls to ask someone for help with it.

He looks down at their hands, mapping out the differences in their skin tones and textures. He looks up in time to catch her gaze, ”That doesn’t sound pleasant.” It’s barely above a whisper as he watches her before she drops his hand. Why does he hate being touched like this so much. Not that he makes an effort to show it. He returns her wink with one of his own.

”Being small is something I have trouble with. But I do alright..” Why did he say that? Her hand on his shoulder earns her another smile, softer this time. It’s cute how encouraging she’s trying to be. He doesn’t need it. He’s got an ego the size of the sun and he’s twice as dense. He turns to follow her gaze before looking back at her. ”I was just going to look around. Why? Do you have an idea?”
I'm not gonna lie
I want you for mine
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
The information paired with the wink has her brows raising a fraction, keen on believing him but not wanting to make a fuss of it, until he winks and she puffs out a quiet airy laugh. But then she’s inspecting his hand, offering a story of her own when she drops his hand and hears his whisper. “Oh, no, it was quite terrible.” She assures him before a wide sweeping grin spreads across her face.

At his confirmation that he struggles with being small, she gives him a good long look up and down, before she’s unable to keep the amused smirk from her face. “Hmm, I can see why.” She teases him lightly before she’s asking him about what plans he has, and as he goes to answer she moves away from him, a bit further into the middle of the training grounds, and lets a sharp whistle slip from her lips, where Levi comes barreling down from the ceiling to crawl up her arm to rest on her shoulder again.

She turns to look back at Locke with that same playful grin. “Well I figured I could get you those drinks you wanted. I could also be your guide.” She suggests, her head tilting slightly as her dark brow raises with the offer.
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE

He watches Levi fly down to rest on her again, that pang of envy from before swirling back into his belly. He keeps being told to wait and that it will happen when the time is right but he wants it now. Locke has never been very patient. Maybe he just kind of wants something that loves him. Nah. He just wants a dragon. He’ll stand to take a flirty woman instead of a dragon for now though.

He holds his arm out to her, a bastardized image of a gentleman. ”I’ll never say no to drinks and if I do, I’ve been body snatched or something.” He raises one eyebrow as he waits for her to take his arm. ”So, where are we headed to? I haven’t gotten a chance to really drink since I’ve been here.” Training, trying to figure out the layout of the barracks, trying to find things to cook. It’s all been a slow process. That said, he hasn’t had a good nights sleep since he’s got here and some booze might do him some good.

”I’ll even buy you a drink if you tell me about the Order. It sounds so.. mysterious.” Maybe a little evil? He thinks he’s heard of it before but he’s always made a point of staying out of things that aren’t his business. If Order members are running around so freely in the barracks though, he thinks it might be part of his business now.
I'm not gonna lie
I want you for mine