To Samuel Wordsworth
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749

{Though the envelope in which it arrives appears to originate from Torchline, the letter inside comes from the Greatwood.}

Samuel Wordsworth,

I have learned that you are the individual behind the Notice Board post urging peace between followers of the New and Old Gods. I sit on the other side of that divide from you, but I am also deeply interested in preserving peace.

If you have any ideas or plans that may help stave off the threat of war, I would love to hear them and would hope to contribute.

I should admit that I have doubts about working with you specifically, as I understand that you participated in the Ascended's attack on the Mathair. I have personally sought to bring you and your fellow attackers to justice -- a justice that, in my mind, would end in your execution.

Obviously this may prove an obstacle to any kind of cooperation between us. However, I prioritize preventing future conflict over punishing past ones. If there is any chance that the two of us could help stop or even slow our regions' slide into all-out war, I would rather take that chance than focus on the past.

On the side of the stone, I understand if you hesitate to trust me, given that I've freely admitted to wanting you dead. You should know that Fae cannot lie, aloud or in writing, so perhaps it will help to know that I have no intention of personally attacking you.

I ask for your discretion about this and any future letters, and would appreciate it if you burned the evidence of our correspondence. Please route your answer, if you are kind enough to give one, through the Governor of Torchline.

Sincerely,

Juniper Dubois

coding base by Skylark
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

(As per the instructions, this letter has been sent via Torchline).

Dear Juniper,

Firstly I thank you from the bottom of my heart for reaching out to me. I know how deep the division between our people lies and that there is a lot of work to be done; hands reached out over the wounds of the past like this is just what we need. It took courage and forgiveness for you to write to me and I am thankful for that.

And on the topic of forgiveness; You are correct. I was involved in the attack on the Mathair; something that I regret now, but that does not change the fact that I was there and participated. If you want me to explain to you how the Voice is able to get her people to do these things I would be willing to, but I also understand if you don't want to hear about it at all. All I can say is that I am deeply apologetic for the incident and hope in the face of our futures we can move on. Maybe there is something the Ascended could do for the Fae; not to 'make up' for the loss, for I'm sure nothing can, but to show intention of future goodwill.

I think it would be good if we could meet face to face to discuss further developments of our plans. Clearly you know Sunjata; if you would feel more comfortable meeting in Torchline I can travel there.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed.

Thank you
Yours Sincerely,
Samuel
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749

(Another letter "from Torchline.")

Dear Samuel,

I'm glad to hear from you, and I appreciate your thoughtful response. You're right: without the will to reach out, to take the first steps, we will never find peace.

I'll admit that my first reaction to the idea of how the Voice misleads people was skeptical, but I am willing to hear what you have to say on the subject. I do find it difficult to try to understand the motives behind such an attack on my people and our goddess, but I want to listen regardless.

Meeting in Torchline is amenable to me. I'll see you there soon.

Sincerely,

Juniper Dubois

coding base by Skylark