you all over me
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: N/A - Strg: 14 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 0 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
October
It's a quiet consolation
A mistake that I don't mind
Tobi goes to the Celestine anyway, even though Finn has said he won't be there.
She goes because she's desperate to believe he will be, even if it is against the odds.

So there she sits, beneath a tree that's starting to flower with cherry blossoms, with eyes rimmed-red from tears, and lips that tremble with unanswerable questions. Her knees are drawn up to her chest, chin resting upon them, with her arms wrapped around her shins and two notes clenched tightly in her fingers.

It would be best if you forgot about me.

But she can't. After two and a half dates and sex on her office floor, Tobi is not in love with Finn. But given time? Yes. Yes she probably would have been.
Maybe you'll meet me at the station
Or maybe somewhere down the line
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 12 - Int:
LEVIATHAN - Mythical - Dragon (Air Blast)
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Seraphina
the artificer
working the goldfields on the high sierras
the early snow began to fall
Sera admittedly hasn’t gone through the heartbreak that so many others suddenly have. She’s been working and indulging, without much else in between. Pretty much the status quo. Until today when she decides to put a pause in it, to gather her jacket around her and head to the Celestine, perhaps to meet up with Lena and see if her sister wishes to have lunch together.

But distraction comes swiftly by a familiar form, a bright grin on her face in greeting, until she sees exactly how Tobi sits. And then it becomes concern, dark brows drawing together, half hopping over toward Tobi with confusion in her gaze “Doctor Hart… Are you okay?” She asks at first, before she shakes her head slightly. Of course October wasn’t alright, not in a shape like this.

So she plants herself beside the doctor, unannounced and without prompt. “Did something happen?
buried treasure for my darling
under redwood trees so tall
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
October
It's a quiet consolation
As Sera breezes onto the scene, Tobi immediately swipes the tears from her face and tries on a bright smile. Always one to put others first, it's with all the sunniness she can muster that the doctor turns to regard the Artificer. But her ruse is a poor one, as evidence by Sera's presence on the bench next to her. "Yes, but...it's silly." Tobi says with a shake of her head, stuffing the two notes into her pocket and snuffling loudly enough to suggest that even if it was silly, she was very much still upset about it.

"I..uhm." Letting her legs fall so that she could plant her hands her lap, her dark gaze trained on her fingers which picked animatedly against her nails, Tobi just shakes her head. Snorting under her breath, she looks to Sera over her shoulder with teary eyes. "I ... guess I had a crush on someone. And.." Her voice wavers as does the smile she tries to keep fixed on her lips. "...I think it's over? But..I don't really understand." Her shoulders shrug as she exhales.
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
Sera doesn’t tend to fall for the ruse of it being a silly reason that the doctor is upset. After all, anything to get worked up over like this was worth more than just ‘a silly reason’. As far as Sera’s concerned it’s quite valid. So she watches her friend with that same concern, understanding — to an extent, of course — of Tobi’s predicament.

And ever the good friend, Sera reaches up to wrap an arm around the doctor, to tug her into a tight hug. “I’m sorry.” She says at first, and she is quite sorry that something like this had occurred. “Do you want to talk about it? Maybe I can help?” She’d certainly try her best to. “Or, if you don’t, I was just about to head to lunch. You’re quite welcome to join me if you want to keep your mind off of it.” By no means is it a mention to have Tobi give up on talking about it if she wanted to.

Sera just likes to give out options.
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
October
It's a quiet consolation
Tobi sags bonelessly into the hug, sniffling against Sera. "I don't know what there is to say.." She mumbles, suddenly worried about getting mascara on whatever lovely garment the Artificer is wearing. "Have you ever had anyone told you to just...forget them?" A crocodile tear rolls down the doctor's face, and though she isn't particularly hungry, one glance around the Celestine that does not hold a single spyglass, tells her it isn't somewhere she wants to be any longer.

"I would like that. I..can't say I'll be the best company though. And I probably look a mess." She adds with a dull laugh, reaching up to try and wipe away whatever smeared makeup her tears have likely left beneath her eyes.
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
Whether makeup makes it onto her clothes or not, the Artificer doesn’t care. Instead she wraps her arms around Tobi and keeps her close, listening for the root of the problem, and when it arises? She’s silent for a moment. “No… No I can’t say I have.” Her hand draws a soothing pattern along Tobi’s back. “Excuse my frankness, but… Asking you to forget about them is pretty shitty.” Sera wasn’t one to forget. She also wasn’t one that had anyone ask her to forget them.

The talk of lunch distracts her a fraction longer, though, and she hums softly under her breath. “Orrrr, we could get it to go and go to my apartment and drown ourselves in ice cream after? Listen to some music?” Where there were warm blankets and easy company, without prying eyes. Besides, Sera can’t imagine a better way to spend her day when someone was in need of company.
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
October
It's a quiet consolation
'Right?' Tobi agrees with sudden conviction. "It is shitty." Her flash of anger is quickly dampened though, leaving her lips trembling downward into a frown. "And it isn't like I could, anyway. I don't want to."

Sera's amended suggestion has Tobi nodding in emphatic agreement. "That sounds amazing. I feel like I want to crawl under a rock and never come out." She says in a voice that's as amused as it is serious. Rising and immediately linking her arm through Sera's, wanting some amount of closeness, Tobi just shakes her head with a small huff. "And it's stupid because...it isn't even really heartbreak. It was just a few dates, and.." sex on my floor. She doesn't say this, but blushing down at her feet likely communicates it well enough.

"But it just...I really, really liked him."
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
You shouldn’t be expected to.” Sera offers as helpfully as she can. “I couldn’t forget mine even if I wanted to.” She can’t help the brief smile that tugs at her lips from that, before it fades as she’s considering their next options. Food to go, vegging out in her apartment with wine and ice cream and chatter until the night came. So it’s with absolute ease that she joins Tobi, linking her arm with the Doctor’s, and the two begin their trek.

Wait wait, wait.” Sera’s head snaps to Tobi’s with a brief glimmer of amusement among her dark gaze. “A few dates? That’s more than a crush, Tobi. Obviously there was something going on between you two.” More than childhood crushes, after all. “Gods, I’ve been heartbroken over much smaller things. I once cried for a week over a project I was working on because nothing was working. And you know what? I haven’t touched it since. I’m still upset about it.” She tries to boon and validate Tobi’s feelings, as a light laugh leaves her lips while they cross the Celestine.

The town comes into view and Sera’s already trying to decide what to have for lunch, before she casts her gaze back to Tobi. “What are you thinking for lunch?
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
October
It's a quiet consolation
"Oooh?" Tobi hums, this brief insight into Sera's mind offering a brief reprieve for the doctor as she smiles at her friend.

Frowning as if she's said something wrong, Tobi nods as she tries to force her lips into a smile. "I...yeah, I suppose so." It's easier to downplay her feelings about Finn in light of his and Cian's notes. Easier to call it a crush than falling for him. Chuckling and knowing well the feeling of pouring so much into a project only to have it go south, Tobi is suddenly so thankful that Sera came along when she did. The afternoon is already shaping up thanks to the Artificer and already promises to be much better than drinking alone in her office, which is what Tobi would likely have done.

"I'm suddenly craving sushi." Grinning over her should, Tobi's stomach starts to rumble as soon as the words are out. With a laugh that sounds genuine, the doctor shrugs. "I hope you aren't opposed because so far it's two against one."
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
Tobi’s question draws a girlish smirk to Sera’s face. “I’ll tell you all about it when we’re settled.” Because it would probably take longer than the walk to get their takeout than it would anything else. And so she’s left mulling it over, Tobi’s words and reactions, clinging to her friend just as much as her friend clings to her.

The idea of sushi has Sera’s hand squeezing Tobi’s arm, an audible gasp leaving her as she grins. “Oh yes.” She agrees swiftly, her feet having a bit more of a sense of direction as they make their way there. “You’ll find absolutely no complaints from me.” She assures Tobi with a chimed laugh, pulling them into the shop to make their order. And of course, Sera picks up a few drinks and a bit of ice cream as well, if only to fully drown Tobi’s sorrows.

I hope you’re hungry, we may have ordered too much.” She says, idly peering at Tobi with an amused smile while she waits for the order to be done.
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
October
It's a quiet consolation
Tobi grins as well. She would absolutely have retracted her order had it not been something Sera had wanted; playful though she could be at times, the doctor was not the sort to ever impose her will or desires on another.

Sera orders for them (with a few interjections from Tobi, such as "ooh, order three of those" or "I've always wanted to try that one"), until yes, it's quite clear that they've absolutely ordered too much. "Woe is us." The doctor agrees with a weary nod. Despite the slim figures that both of them have, Tobi is still fairly confident that they'll manage.

"I think I still have one of your swimsuits." Tobi remembers suddenly as their order is packaged and presented to them. "Not that I really had a chance to use it, but with the storms in Torchline, I don't see myself heading there anytime soon."
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
A quiet laugh leaves Sera in agreement to the woes. It wouldn’t be too terrible, though, enough food to last what would feel like forever, with an entire rest of the day and night to indulge and simply relax, to drown Tobi’s sorrows in nothing but good company and good food. So as the bags arrive, tied up neatly, Sera moves to grab one of them to hand to Tobi so that she might be able to grab the second one and they can start heading back toward the Tower.

Her head angles toward the Doctor with a bright smile, however, even if Tobi’s words are a bit sad at the end. “Nonsense. I hear Longheat is the best time to go and you’ll be wishing you were swimming nude with the heat of the place.” She flashes a bright grin her way, her steps light as the Tower comes into view. “And with the skyboats being made, once the season’s over, I’m sure there wouldn’t be any problems with going on vacation.” She readjusts her bag slightly so she can pull out the key, placing the metal between her teeth as she readjusts the bag again. “’sides, if anyone could use ‘un, it’s you, miss workaholic.” She teases lightly, her words coming out muffled in a sense from how she tries to talk around the key in her teeth, before she pulls it out and flashes a bright grin Tobi’s way.
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
October
It's a quiet consolation
Tobi's blush is bright and immediate, followed quickly by the doctor shaking her head. "I couldn't." She protests. "And it isn't as though I could get the time off...unless...I'm sure I could help in their clinic after monsoon season..." Twitching her lips thoughtfully and trying to ignore the way her mind tried to insert images of Finn on the beach with her, the doctor shrugs and nods. "I'm surprised you didn't help setting up the docks initially with you being the Artificer and all." Tobi muses under her breath, offering her friend a crooked smile. 'Then again it seems like Ronin likes to just take the reins.' Even when he shouldn't all by implied by her tone.

"Oh right. You're one to talk." Tobi scoffs, pushing open the door and kicking it closed with her foot behind them. Following Sera into the kitchen, the doctor begins to untie the bags so that she can set everything out on the counter. "This...this is so much food." She laughs, though the immediate grumble from her stomach suggests that it won't be as much of a problem as it seems like.

Biting her lip, Tobi pulls apart two chopsticks and taps one gently on the counter, her mood suddenly tugged back down again. "It's...it's Finn." She says in a soft voice. "The one that I have a crush on." It probably wasn't much of a secret given how much time the doctor and the Spyglass had been spending together, but it still causes a lump to form in her throat to say his name outloud.
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
A bark of a laugh leaves her when Tobi mentions her not helping with the docks. It doesn’t particularly bother her much, not with how much of her work remained here in Stormbreak. But she flashes Tobi a waggle of her brows at the mention of Ronin taking the reins. “Oh, he does.” She agrees with a smirk that seems to suggest she knows far more than she should. It’s so nonchalant that they reach the door of her apartment when the Artificer drops her own quiet bomb. “He’s quite good at it in bed.” She pauses, flashing a wicked grin to Tobi and a wink. “Or against a door.” And just like that she’s whirling inside her apartment, closing the door behind the doctor as she moves to untie the bags and lay out the food.

Sera’s own stomach rumbles in agreement as she rounds to the other side of the counter, stepping up on her tiptoes to rummage through removing the lids for her own pair of chopsticks. “Uh huh. Well. At least it’s fun.” She laughs lightly, moving to grab a few plates so they might be able to pile on the food until there weren’t any room left on them. She sets the plate down for Tobi before she’s picking one of the sushi rolls up between her chopsticks and promptly fucking dropping it onto her plate when Tobi name drops.

Her head whips toward Tobi with brows raised, surprise crossing her features. “Finn?!?!” She nearly chokes out. “Finn told you to forget about him? What?” She completely forgets about the food for a moment as the realization sinks in. She had always thought the Spyglass to be quiet, but she'd never expected him to be cruel.