[se] your chest is a wall of fire; you pick torches
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
DEIMOS
the ocean does not apologize for its depth
and the mountains do not seek forgiveness
The Sword had remembered very quickly why he hardly ever bothered to say anything. Maintaining the status quo, remaining the calm, beleaguered soldier, had been easy. Nod here. Snarl there. Shift a blade into the gut of an opponent. Carry on with nothing to lose and everything to gain. He’d withstood barrage after barrage within the Basin hierarchy, shifting and turning, striving to unravel the granules he’d never quite understood – and lo and behold, the same damned tides had struck him again.

For setting boundaries. For sending messages. For trying to get his point across to stubborn, asinine individuals. And while Deimos would readily admit to his own obstinance, at least he was always willing to listen. To take it all in. To breathe in the space of calculations and machinations. To relish and strive for something greater and grander than himself. Which was more than what he could say for those he’d already had lengthy, or in the Wraith’s case, short, curt conversations with.

So it was nearly a relief to be back in the ivory shades of Halo, in the midst of his residual quiet. Challenged and pushed to ramparts he hadn’t delved within for a long time, the General hastened more to duty than anything else now – laboring and toiling along ridges and columns of snow encased, frozen, along the ridges of the walkway of the barracks. The monolith hastened towards using a shovel for its action, for the bounty of work for his muscles, content with the labor, the mindlessness of removing ice and rime.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
what will you do when the vultures come for you, run and hide?
With the guild in it's first stages, Aisha had been constantly on the move. Still living in the barracks meant a lot of back and forth, even if the inn wasn't too far from the grounds. She'd begin her day with the Shields, and spend afternoons with the guild, plotting or simply checking in with her charge.

Today though she finally felt certain enough that the guild hall would stand without her. People could come and go, ask for help, for resources, for a friendly conversation, and she didn't need to be there to greet them all. Her companions would be able to find what they needed without the Guildmaster there to support them, she'd be back for more conference soon. It was a day to relax into more playful antics, which of course involved swordplay, a couple drinks, and time set aside to pester the general.

She found him in his usual haunt, but rather than engaged in combat or observing his soldiers, he was executing grunt work across the grounds. He'd undoubtedly noticed her presence, as keen as he was, but she was content to watch him move with an air of amusement.
AISHA
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
Push and lift, foundations of clockwork, patterns, and rhythms, settled into the bounty of his brawn. Quick, light, and swift work, able to apply his muscles, while his thoughts curtailed elsewhere – strong implications from echoes and reverberations that his existence remained solely for the sake of crafting and creating for others.

Ordinarily, the Sword would have bent and eroded under such a statement, quietly consumed by the nuance and nooses, suffocated under the weight of the barren trek, of the self-loathing. Of not being enough. Of not doing enough. Of not catering to everyone else’s needs, and ignoring his own.

And now? Now it made him nearly laugh; the boundaries set, the nuances right. Free to apply his nonchalance and reticence to the fools, to the egocentric – and finding his own demands, rather than maintaining the status quo. For once, he’d made the correct decision on where to apply his efforts, and it was no longer to the entitled, selfish, greedy, avaricious infidels roaming the world. For himself, for his friends, for his family, for his brethren; exactly as it should’ve been for lifetimes.

With this trail of notions and thoughts, a sigh flickered and followed, and then a surge of amusement that wasn’t his own lingered somewhere in between. Lifting his head from his task, and ceasing the drag of the shovel across the stones, the monolith gazed over his shoulder to see his fellow Shield. A welcome sight - and if the fringes of his Attuned nature pervaded in the etches of relief, then so be it. "Aisha," he rumbled, casting the call out into the earth, along the buildings and eaves. An arch of his brow followed, a chuckle laced along within, only emerging, perhaps, on the edges of a smile in the corner of his mouth. “What are you up to?” Presuming, of course, some antics, some mischief.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Aisha Khai

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
When he did finally acknowledge her Aisha grinned, feeling the tug of relief in the bond as he called out her name. A booming sound, reflected and familiar to all throughout the ground. When the general made an announcement, everyone listened. She moved from her perch closer to him, welcomed with a question. "I've decided it's my day off. Everyone will somehow have to survive without me," she replied with a roll of her shoulders.

"And what are you doing? I thought we were leaving this extra ice on the edges for aesthetic purposes," she prodded sarcastically, giving his pile of slushied snow a nudge with the toe of her boot.
AISHA
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
“A day off,” and he snorted, allowed one round of laughter and another shake of his head – as if the mere thought of it made his spine crawl. Discomfort in doing nothing, in not applying some level of effort into his craft; which was probably how he ended up in fits of mental exhaustion.  He attempted to ignore the notions of Ru forcing him to relax at some point in the near future, or how many times he’d been told to rest for one reason or another (and subsequently ignored them). Instead, his focus drew in on Aisha, arching a brow at why she was here then – beside the barracks. “Then you must have better things to do than critique my shoveling skills.” An intentional tease given the Cheshire grin following; with no insinuations that she had to leave and embark elsewhere.

He dropped and shifted the tool back onto cobblestones, hastening it underneath a mass, and then heaving it upwards towards another larger pile, already growing from his efforts. A sigh unfurled, and a matching shrug of his shoulders. “Needed a distraction.” Physical labor had usually hastened the latter for him, and he acted on subsequent motions again, following through on the same rhythms, though intentionally closer to her boots.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Aisha Khai

Change author:
Deimos's snort earned an accusatory scowl, Aisha stepping forward to flick his forearm, "Hey, don't give me that, not everybody is a never ending work drone," she knocked teasingly before stepping back to place her hands on her hips. Where Deimos might find relaxing difficult, Aisha was more than happy to melt into it's measures. Someday's she'd forget self care, but she had no qualms with taking it, making space where there might be little.

She gave her own snort to his comment on her activity choice, shaking her head. "Maybe, but Kiada and Ru aren't around to do it for me," she replied, unable to contain the soft grin that befell her. Deimos's mention of needing a distraction had her brows knitting, curiosity piqued, "From what?" The general was rather secretive about his personal life, but a little prodding was often rewarded.
AISHA
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
The statement earned the expected response, and the cheeky, juvenile grin reappeared, even if he had barely felt the flick on the forearm, as if he knew what she was implying. And the monolith held no disregard for her ability to relax, to find repose, for she’d certainly been busy as of late, but the difficulty in his own measures were a restless, instinctual, inherent blade. Sinking into taking care of himself had never really amounted to much – save for the time he’d been very ill – and even then he plunged onward, obstinate, tenacious, and occasionally out of his mind. Others had always been the priority, and changing, shifting, those parameters was a stretch. “Ru is making me go to her spa,” he admitted, with a very wrinkled nose, as if it was inviting torture, but snorted again at her declaration. “Nor should you be.”

Deimos gave an eyeroll embedded in fondness for the aforementioned duo, the makeshift members of his family, who would undoubtedly do exactly as Aisha had proclaimed. A few more stokings of the shovel left him embedded in silence, wondering if he should say anything at all. But the impact of the notions, of the moments, still rattled around his brain, and he very rarely confessed to when anything was bothering him. Let it sink. Let it simmer. Let it be suppressed or diminished; favored outlets of the Sword, rather than gather it along his tongue.

But then he wasn’t becoming any better. But then he’d just be sliding back into old habits.

So he sighed and leaned on his shovel, placing it deeper into the cracks of the stones. “I have been told I give too much,” by both Safrin and Hotaru. “So I have been working on that.” Because it was far, far easier for him to avoid all his problems, if everyone else was hellbent on their own destruction – if he could provide aid, if he could assemble something quickly, efficiently. “Nate asked for a diamond, and I said no, because he could get one himself in the Climb.” A small start – ultimately backfiring. “He did not take it well. Asked me what the point of having powers was. Or even the point of me.” A hollow laugh followed, and then another shrug.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Aisha Khai

Change author:
Deimos at the spa, Aisha's eyes widened and she gave a whistle, "No kidding? I bet your back is fucked up huh," she replied with a chuckle. "Good for her, you need more break days Deimos," and she was more sincere here. He was always on the move, and if Aisha didn't know better she would believe his facade; that his behavior was completely healthy and he didn't use work to cover up his worries and pains.

Nor should you be, Aisha snorted, "If I wasn't you'd still be shoveling right now, I'm saving you is what I'm doing." And with that, perhaps she'd reminded him he wasn't entrenched in labor that exact moment, he went back to his task.

Told that he gives too much? No kidding, Aisha nodded in agreement. "Good," she commented when he said he was working on it. His anecdote, involving Sunjata's husband, setting boundaries. It was funny yes, Aisha smirked along, but it made her wonder how many times Deimos had used his powers for the benefit of others, leaving his own self interest in the dust. "Lazy asshole," she replied with a soft chuckle, glancing up to meet Deimos's gaze, to the halfhearted humor she saw there.

"There's more to you than your strength and your magic anyway, people who just want to use you wouldn't know that," she added, brows narrowed slightly as she watched him.
AISHA
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
His back? Scarred for certain – but years upon years of training, of toiling, of then being healed likely made up for the broken, jarred adornments, of avoiding the parameters that came with the blemishes and mottling over his flesh. Or dying once before, and returning, resurrecting, a renewal in more ways than one. “It is not,” he answered on a sullen sort of pout, but maintaining the humor in his eyes. At the mention of moments where he wasn’t working though, the General's brows furrowed slightly in thought – hastening towards timelines and parameters, particulars and details, setting apart a demonstration and tenacity of instances. And subsequently falling flat. “I had a break. When I was sick.” A half-smirk flickered and followed, expecting some lecture on that escapade too (pretending he didn’t immediately wander into trying to find the cure, or fighting a leviathan soon after). “It does not come naturally,” he shrugged by way of explanation.

Because sometimes he feared some small act of repose permitted the demons and thoughts and emotions to float in; suffocate, choke, and devastate.

But he did laugh at her insinuation of keeping him distracted from his task. “Mm. My savior.” Another swipe of snow, and he watched the powder dissipate into the pile, before his glance flickered back to her. “I do appreciate you,” the monolith added, remembering Safrin’s notions, of expression, of saying what he meant – for all of Aisha’s efforts and existence.

Another chuckle, deep and exuding from his chest, rumbled on her insinuation of Nate – prone to agree with the sentiments. “And entitled.” As if he’d somehow deserved any of Deimos’ incantations at his behest. Simply because he could. But her next statement caused his gaze to fall to the stones at his feet, knowing it was true, and sometimes still struggling to believe it. Growth, no matter how thorned and nettled, no matter how much he wanted to fight against the sentiments. “Thank you.” A half-grin for his appreciation, pausing to lean against the shovel again, as she once more pulled him out of the mire threatening to pull him asunder. “And I am tired of being used.” Another shrug, as if he wanted to shake it all off. “A work in progress.”
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Aisha Khai

Change author:
The fact that Deimos had to think at all in order to conjure up some semblance of vacation was proof enough to Aisha's claim. The man was overworked, his answer produced a barking laugh from her, "Sick days don't count! I don't count a single day that I was out this past winter from sickness and curse as a break," even though she'd spent at least several days inside rather than enjoying her usual regimen, those days had been the worst of the worst, chilled to the bone, full of sick and burning headaches. There was no relaxation to be found there.

She'd pulled another laugh from the general, her own expression twisting into a smile from the sarcastic pout she'd donned. She did note the hint of sincerity in his statement, but didn't dwell there, for she knew it all along. "Anytime," she replied.

Aisha knew she'd touched at something more serious when Deimos averted his gaze, she watched him mull over the truth to it, what he might share. His thanks was given a nod, but she wasn't sure she deserved appreciation for stating something so simple and true. "People can't just expect so much and give nothing in return," she added, hand reaching down to rest on the pommel of her blade. "So who prompted all this work?" she asked, curious.
AISHA
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
He opened his mouth to counter her argument, and then promptly clicked it shut when he had no other retort. Hunting amused him, but it was also intermingled and entwined with stock-piling Halo’s resources – which likely still settled under ‘work’. “Fine,” the Sword hastened thereafter, the furrowing of his brows and wrinkling of his nose continuing. Then what am I supposed to do? lingered in the threshold of his Machiavellian mind, ill-used to taking time to merely stitch himself back together. To rest, when there were always other things to be done. His gaze went to the stones at first, then to the ice, and when they provided no answers to his silent inquiry, it reeled back to Aisha. “What do you recommend then?”

The notions of anytime panged against his ribs and his nefarious, cold, broken, blackened heart, and he smiled back with obvious, innate fondness. “Likewise,” Deimos gestured – in case it still needed to be said out loud.

Her sentiments stuck to him too; but part of the problem was that he’d never asked for anything in return. He’d freely given himself over and away to trial after trial, tribulation after tribulation, sacrifice after sacrifice, because it’d been those he’d considered friends, allies, and comrades. The Sword had ignored any needs of his own; had thought sheltered walls sturdy and stalwart, when they’d been crumbling and eroding from the inside. The contemplations unfurled in one singular sigh, breath pluming along the air. “I had a very long discussion with Safrin.” Beneficial, and certainly entangled with massive measures of growth, but overwhelming in its stead too.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Aisha Khai

Change author:
She watched Deimos open his mouth to offer a rebuttle, her own brows raising in challenge; I dare you to fight me on this, energy. When he submitted she grinned, letting out a long and playful "Mmmmhm," in response. There was something sort of surprising about his next question, did he really not know how to relax? Aisha shrugged, "You figure out what you like to do that doesn't require hard work, and you do that."

His "likewise" was warming to hear, regardless of what assumptions she'd make from his behavior. A verbal confirmation set things in stone, that they could rely on each other, and that felt good.

Mm, Safrin, of course it was. Frustrating that the lady of the stars was the one he finally listened to, but what could be expected of the man? The deity was the push he apparently needed in order to begin reflection, "I met her briefly a long time ago," long to her was really only a year or so, but didn't it feel like much more? "So you've got a goddess giving you therapy now?"
AISHA
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Part of the problem was that a majority of his actions and vehemence were habitual, routine, and amusing for him. While others might have considered them ‘hard work’, he simply didn’t - endurance and fortitude labored deep in his bones, formulated in strength and accord. Training with some assemblage of weaponry every day was inherent, engrained, and even if it was honing in different muscles, different accord, he enjoyed it. Or pummeling friends in the head with snowballs. Or something curled along the lines of mischief.

In the end, he settled for glancing upwards, where he could see the climbing threshold over the rest of the stony ramparts. “Drinks on the wall it is.” And with an encouraging smirk, he hastened the rest of the shoveling duty to his incantations – quick and efficient as the snow was swept away on earth and air – and placed the tool against the side of the barrack building. “Come on.”

Opening the door to the front parlor, and allowing her to step within the threshold before shutting it, he immediately meandered over to the amount of cabinets by the war table. Most of the day’s sessions had ended, and as the afternoon crawled on, the sounds of steel quieted; guards hastening off to commit to the rest of their duties, or finished in their inclinations and exercises for that interval.

The Sword listened all the while as he gathered the necessities, picking up two glasses and placing them along the counter, and thereafter searching for the right liquor. He hadn’t known about Aisha’s meeting with Safrin, slid the intrigue over the arch of his brow again, the modest tip of his head. “Oh? And how did that go?” The goddess had all her angles, all her persuasions, all her tactics, and all her generosity too. A complex herald. The beast snorted at the other insinuation though. “It was not intentional. I went to see if there was something I could do in regards to the Voice.” In destruction. In ceasing and desisting with the sicknesses, with the suffering, with all the other calamities choking and suffocating, maligning and pressing within the ominous wakes on the horizon. “And instead she told me I had to talk to people,” a shudder went through his shoulders, as if it was the most horrifying aspect of his life. “And stop blaming myself for things out of my control.” Burden after burden; not his to carry or to hold. Amidst a multitude of other facets and factions, each one of them sticking to his ribs, to his mind, to his soul, as he strived to persevere and counter-act all the damage he'd done to his own entity.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Aisha Khai

Change author:
Drinks was a perfect example, if not one that would induce a headache later. But that was the point of relaxing, to do something not for the sake of some future outcome. Something that he wanted to do now, that would bring him happiness and soothe his soul. His answer brought a smile to Aisha's face, "Yeah, that's more like it," she cooed as he hurried up his work, finishing and offering her to come along.

Of course she obliged, following the general into the parlor, listening to his questions as she sat herself down at the counter. "Interesting. She's very beautiful, seemed sincere, kindhearted. But I've heard differently from others, I don't think I've been persuaded to trust her," she said. The tip of her finger traced the rings of the wood at the counter top, she watched Deimos prepare them glasses.

"Good for her, sounds like she knows what you need most," she teased in response, though her smirk did become more sobered thereafter. "What are you planning against the Voice?" she didn't know that Deimos was possibly interested in the coming war, in choosing sides. Aisha had avoided it as a whole, but she knew eventually that would be inevitable. His opinion would be valued on the matter, to someone who had ultimately stayed out of godly affairs.
AISHA