go by feel
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
This scar I can't reverse, when the more it heals the worse it hurts
"Isla, you have always been able to kill me." Remi points out, before giving her a look that's as desperately sad as it is understanding. They're talking past one another now, and he's fairly certain that nothing he can say now will make a difference. He was to be comforted just as much as she does, but neither of them have the capacity to be the bigger person. "I will send a letter ahead, next time." He mumbles with defeat.

Part of him wants to rise and leave, but he suddenly feels very, very tired. Everything he wants to say is tinged with a pain he can't properly articulate, such that his words are saturated with salt and anger before they even leave his lips. "I did not know being my friend was so difficult." It's the least of all that he wants to say, but perhaps the most to the point. Surprise. Stress. Worry. He could understand those things to be sure...just not why it made it so difficult for her not to immediately make assumptions about him, or find herself so angry.

"I will go. And if you want me to stay out of the Grounds, I will do that too." He adds wearily, rising from his chair.
REMI
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
ISLA

"I have never had to worry about other people trying to arrange it though," she mumbles, rubbing at her forehead. "Or how to run a city full of Ascended. Or a war on the way, or..." Grumbling out a sound that's as close to a growl as someone like Isla will ever be able to manage, she presses the heels of her hands against her eyes. "Thank you," she mumbles about the letter, not so foolish as to make a point of something and not take the solution when it's presented.

His next remark has her hands dropping away, Isla fixing him with a look that's as tired as Ascended get, though she doesn't disagree with him. "Ouch," she says instead, as if to assure him that whatever barb he's thrown has hit home. She doesn't want him to go, but equally she can't help but feel relieved that he will stay away from the Hollowed Grounds. "Please," she murmurs, not knowing quite what she's asking for. "I don't want to say goodbye to you like this."
apres moi le deluge
after me comes the flood
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
This scar I can't reverse, when the more it heals the worse it hurts
So lose your claws, Remi wants to snap at her, the answer seeming quite obvious. Without them, Isla was hardly lethal. But then, all of this seemed like one big excuse to Remi anyway. Just a bunch of words that amounted to: you're too much. go away.

It hurts him as much as it might have hurt her, to have been so accurate. No, of course not. That's what he'd hoped she would have said. Being right had never felt quite so hollow or damning before, and even as Remi moves to the door, he hardly has the willpower to step through it.

Turning back to her, tears burning his eyes, Remi can only shrug wearily. "I know I am not the easiest to love, but you have always had a friend in me." He says softly. "Never would there have been a time if there was something important you needed to talk to me about, that I would have asked you to send a letter ahead. I might not have always been there for you Isla, but I always was when you asked it of me."

Biting at the inside of his cheek hard enough to draw blood, he wants to say something biting like, Enjoy being a ruler with your soldier lover and all those other things you always told me you never wanted. Instead, he just mumbles: "Ludo told me to attend this party we have all received invitations for...I can only assume that means we should all be careful."
REMI
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
ISLA

She lets him have his parting blows, wondering if it makes him feel better or worse that she doesn't bite back. What would she say if she did, anyway? The Voice's words do echo in her mind for a few moments; things like you killed me, and it took you two years to notice I was a husk, or were you there for me when you stuffed me into a unicorn's body?

But ultimately silence wins out, and she rises to her feet so she can walk back behind her desk. "I will keep that in mind. Thank you," she says thickly, obviously meaning the party she has no intention of attending. Not all of them can live in a world where letters always reach them, where there are no consequences regardless of where they walk or who they piss off or what they say.

And so Isla sits and gets back to work, focusing as hard as she can not to hear the click of the door as it shuts behind him.

~FIN ;_;
apres moi le deluge
after me comes the flood