outrageous fortune
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Online
Change author:
MP: 3061
i will be coming back
Ronin arrives naked at the shrine.

One might expect that this would make it difficult to get there, but with a cloak of crimson feathers and trailing embers, the Star's modesty is maintained at least until he finds himself where he needs to go.

"I feel as though you gave this gift to me knowing that I would burn away all my clothing," he remarks, the smile very much audible in his words. Kneeling to leave his offering, Ronin presents a basket of very plain looking flowerbuds.

"I learned about these in the Archive," he says. "They only bloom with fire. I thought you would like them." So saying, he brushes his feathers across the buds and they burst into life, amber and gold and crimson, glowing softly through the night.

Satisfied, Ronin sits back and waits. "Whilst I appreciate you might want to see me so, I was hoping you might be able to assist me with something a little more fireproof."
in a phrase to cut these lips
i love you
RONIN

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
every bait and switch was a work of art
The Celestine seems to laugh in response to his question as the violet and olive tones around the Star deepen and pulse with sudden vivacity and life. As soon as Ronin's fire sparks life into the unassuming buds, Safrin is there. Despite the heat, her hands reach into the blaze, plucking a stem and twirling it between her fingers. Embers and starlight flake off of it, drifting dreamlike on a warm breeze as the light casts dramatic shadows across her face.

'Is that what you were hoping?' Safrin wonders as she stands, the lace of her gown clinging to her body in a manner that would suggest she shouldn't be able to move about as freely as she in fact could. "A few flowers cleverly selected and a request for magic clothes." The goddess hums a note of unhappiness as she turns her back slightly to Ronin, if only so that she might glance coquettishly at him over her shoulder. "Not even a hello, first?" Safrin wonders with a pout.
you're the one prize i'd cheat to win
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
we shall heal our wounds, collect our dead
Well, that certainly blew Ronin's ideas of the meeting out of the water, didn't it. The Star, on his knees and cloaked in fire and feathers, can only furrow his brow as Safrin pretty much disregards his offering - something she would have appreciated prior, now falls flat. Clearing his throat, Ronin resists the urge to simply up and walk away (that has not served him well in the past), and instead he clears his throat and mulls over what he wants to say instead.

"Would you have preferred if I had offered to have another child with you?" It slips out without his permission, having been a fleeting thought all but caged in the back of his throat, and he grits his teeth and glares at the stone as soon as the words leave his lips.

"Forgive me - that was inappropriate," he mutters. "Hello, Safrin. I'm sorry that the blooms aren't to your liking. Is there anything that would better suit you?"
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
The goddess stills as does the entirety of creation, or so it seems. The leaves of every tree halt, as does the breeze previously trickling through them. Even the air will feel stagnant and hard to take a proper sip of. Stone-like tension courses through the goddess before everything resumes again, a small, but cold smile playing on Safrin's lips.

"It was." She agrees. "But if you are asking if I would have preferred you showing up here asking what you could do for me, rather than what I might do for you? Then yes, Ronin. I would have preferred that."

Turning sharply, her arms folded across her chest, Safrin fixes the Star with a stare. "Respect would better suit me." She replies, looking down at the fire-blossom in her fingers before dropping it to the ground. "So. You are here because the gift I have given you is proving inconvenient, mm?"
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
i will be coming back
"Of course." Something icy and heavy closes like a fist in Ronin's stomach, and he directs his gaze entirely towards the ground now rather than the goddess blazing above him, brighter than any flower he might have brought. He shakes his head at her question, chewing at the inside of his cheek. "No, not at all," he murmurs. "I merely hoped to open a conversation with you. So many of our meetings as of late have been so serious, I thought..." He lets out a breath. "It doesn't matter what I thought."

Allowing the feathers to bleed away, leaving Ronin wearing nothing but the chill against his skin, he looks down at his hands, now. "How are you?" he asks suddenly, as if it  has never before occurred to him to ask such a thing of his goddess. "And how... if I might ask... how is Seren?" Because she must know that he knows, about Sunjata, about Kamaria. Clumsy as he might be in Safrin's presence, and rude as well, his feelings about the matter have been laid unfortunately bare.
i love you
RONIN

Change author:
Satisfied, perhaps, with this sudden turn to contrition, Safrin nods stiffly. One might wonder when she was at her most dangerous—cold and offended like this? or warm against the Star's skin with her fingers in his hair?—it's a question Ronin may well want to consider for himself.

He asks of her, precisely as she'd baited him to, and yet she shrugs dismissively. When you have to ask what you want, it takes all the meaning out of it, when you finally get it. Or so such toxic ways of thinking would have us believe. "Well, there is a war looming and it seems my brightest Star has his attentions...divided, as of late." She hums with a frown that is exquisitely, and almost painfully, beautiful.

'Of course you can ask." Safrin replies immediately, softening in a heartbeat. "She is doing wonderfully. Scouring the world for information, leading pods of Starwhales to new breeding grounds, painting her own nightscapes across the Wilds.."
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
i will be coming back
"Divided?" Ronin's confusion is soft, honest, and he still doesn't look up at the goddess lighting the world just beyond his vision. "How so? I haven't... I mean, I have been putting my efforts into helping the Order, as we discussed." The Dragoons and the recruitment to their cause; the skyport to establish trade routes between Stormbreak and Torchline; taking his place as the Dragon within the organisation. Still, the Star isn't arguing - merely confused.

Safrin speaks of Seren and now Ronin looks up at her, his blue eyes reflecting her galactic light. Pride shines in his expression, made bittersweet by the sting of grief. "That is wonderful," he murmurs. "I am sure she has grown into quite a formidable young woman." No thanks to him. "Did I... do something wrong with her?" The question tumbles out before he can stop it. "Only Sunjata, and Kamaria..." He got to keep his daughter. Why did I lose mine?
i love you
RONIN

Change author:
"You know me, Ronin. You know what I am like." Safrin says with shocking honesty, her guards lowering as she gazes at the man before her. "Your jealousy is endearing. Attractive, even." Striding forward, she stretches out a single finger to lift his chin that she might look down on him. "But I will not tolerate you maligning those who come to me for help." She is not so obvious as to clench her jaw or even wrap her fingers around his throat to punctuate his point. Even so, she could not be more clear; boyish brawls she would always tolerate. But talk of leashes and dogs and mistakes? That was unacceptable.

"Of course she has."

Ronin's next question though has Safrin's expression all but melting, a range of emotions warbling across the goddess's perfectly painted features. "Wrong?" Safrin repeats, looking genuinely confused. "Ronin I chose you to be her father. It was the world that was suddenly wrong for her." Angry as she might be, still Ronin is her Star, and she aches for this misunderstanding. "I took her with me that she wouldn't be hurt by this world. Kamaria is..." Well, mortal. "..she isn't under the same strains that Seren will be."
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
i will be coming back
"And you know what I am like." Ronin smiles sadly, but he accepts her remarks all the same. "My temper ran away with me. I have always been the type to let my words grow sharp for the sake of causing damage, even when they are not always true." He sighs. "I'm sorry, for how I approached things for Sunjata. And I am still jealous." And he always would be - for her to have been able to touch another in that way, to grant that sort of closeness and affection; it boils Ronin's blood, and he can't hide it.

But all of that pales in comparison to talk about their daughter, and his shoulders relax a bit as he eagerly drinks in all that Safrin has to say about her. All that she has to say about his part in her upbringing. The relief that her words bring drapes over him like a star spangled blanket, Ronin nodding with a heavy sort of understanding. "She is safer up there. Away from the war," he agrees, raking a hand through his hair. "Would you give her some of these flowers, please?"
i love you
RONIN

Change author:
There are subtle tells that Safrin doesn't bother to hide: the flush of her cheeks, the way she stands a touch straighter, the laugh lines that curve around her lips. 'You turned me away last time, Ronin, and your affections have been..' Softly, she shrugs. "Intentionally absent, shall we say?" What have you to be jealous for? She seems to be wordlessly asking as her lips twist into a smile.

"No." The goddess replies with a shake of her head. Her smile doesn't fall away though, much as it's her intention to make the Star believe she has refused his request. "I think it best if you give them to her yourself." She adds, not wanting the knife to twist too deeply. But if she can't make Ronin squirm with her touch, really, he leaves her no other choice.

Rising, Ronin will find himself clothed as he normally would be, only to find Safrin looking over her shoulder, down a pathway that leads further into the Celestine where...
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1897
Oh, empty my heart
... a young woman emerged from around a bend, strolling towards them. The white fabric of her simple summer dress lent her a luminous air in the twilit garden. Like a star gone astray from the night sky, perhaps, if one were poetically inclined. Dark locks coiled in wild abandon over the slender shoulders and her feet were bare, hardly touching the ground between each languid stride. She approached them unhurriedly, with light fingertips trailing over the flowers surrounding the path so that they swayed and danced in her wake, but it was a distracted gesture. Her attention was on the figures ahead. On the goddess, of course, for it was impossible to overlook Safrin. But mostly she was focused on the man.

A few paces away from the pair the raven-haired girl paused, and waited. The lightly freckled face was calm, if not serene. Too many emotions played across the expressive mouth for that, trembling unvoiced just beneath the surface.

The eyes that gazed upon Ronin were vibrantly blue. Full of laughter, and perhaps a touch of nerves. It had been a long time since last... and she had changed so much since then. Would he recognize her?
I've got to make room for this feeling
SEREN
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
i will be coming back
"They have," Ronin murmurs, not bothering to try and hide it. "And you have been nothing but patient and loving towards me. I have been unfair... and yet, I am still jealous." A hint of a smile flickers across his lips, as if he has just realised that about himself - and maybe, given Safrin's reaction, there's just a small amount of playfulness there too, in repeating it.

But then she tells him no to passing the gift on to their daughter, and the hurt begins to creep into Ronin's expression just as his goddess clarifies. The whiplash of the emotions is enough to stagger him on his way to his feet - and then he's fully clothed, as well (which, yeah, thank fuck), just in time to follow Safrin's gaze over her shoulder where the budding teenager he'd given to the stars emerges now as a woman grown.

The dazzle that shines out of Ronin is as bright as anything he's ever conjured, his feet taking him forward before he has a chance to even think about it. But he does halt, on his way by, to gaze across at his goddess, blue eyes awed and adoring at what he can only think of as a gift he doesn't deserve.

"Thank you," he whispers, before his gaze is on Seren again, a smile flashing across his face. "Look at you," he murmurs to her, not quite sure how to approach, but equally not letting himself shy away either. "I've missed so much... look at you."
i love you
RONIN

Change author:
Ronin will never know what that look does to her. Perhaps if she told him, guided him, things would be different. As it is the waters are still murky and dark between them, at least on Safrin's side. Still, her smile is warm and opulent as he passes by.

'I will let you two catch up.' Safrin says smoothly, striding toward Seren that she might wrap her arms around her daughter. Their daughter. "I love you, my brightest star." She sweetly sings into her daughter's dark curls as she softly presses a kiss to her temple.

"Perhaps once the storms are over, you might take her to meet Kamaria?" Safrin says casually, glancing at Ronin over her shoulder with a brow raised.
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1897
Oh, empty my heart
Every trace of uncertainty vanished in an instant, banished by the Dark Star's radiance. Seren smiled brightly back at her father, mirroring every ounce of his joy at this reunion and couldn't help but laugh at the way he repeated himself. "Hi daddy," she said, in an echo of another time - a lifetime ago, or just a year? "I missed you too." There was so much more she wanted to say to him. Would say, because there was time for that now. Yet she held back from going to him just a little bit longer, to steal a final moment with Safrin.

Leaning into the embrace, she wrapped her arms around her mother's slender waist and breathed in the comfort of familiar scents, taking in the love the goddess so freely offered. It would bolster her, in the times to come. "And I love you, mother. Do you really need to go already, though? If you're not done here, I can wait outside..?" Having both of her parents in one place was a rare treat. Besides, hadn't father come here with a wish..? But perhaps that really was settled already.

Hearing her sister's name suddenly thrown into the open made the young woman look up, eager as she was surprised. "I would love that," she murmured, and glanced over Safrin's shoulder at Ronin to see what his thoughts might be on that. "But if you'd rather not see her, I can find her myself." A slightly raised eyebrow suggested she was at least somewhat aware of how... touchy such a suggestion might be.
I've got to make room for this feeling
SEREN
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.