what goes up
Phoebe
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 36 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
when you are not fed love on a silver spoon, you learn to lick it off knives
Finn has forgotten about this part of the brothel experience. Mornings after. The world howls and rages outside, making it impossible to sleep off whatever the hell is left in his system, and so he's opted to try and flush it out instead. He's cleaned up his space as best he's able in his current state, leaving the window open a crack despite the weather in order to lower the temperature for when he does finally retire back to bed, and now he's downstairs in the lounge area.

In his customary spot, he lays comfortably upon a couch to await any clients, not that he really wants them right now. The ice water he's sipping at has been served in a wine glass, but it doesn't make it any more alcoholic for looking that way. Sipping at it and leaning his head into the couch cushion to rest his eyes, he keeps his ears sharp for any voices, any opening doors.
Finn?
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
and there she was, living, despite it all
Phoebe had done her best to not interfere with the running of the brothel. It belonged to Maeve now. She was merely a regular visitor as she organized her things in preparation for leaving once the monsoons were over. Moving to Stormbreak, even for a short while, made her nervous. She had no interest in joining the Order, knowing her autonomy was necessary to truly do Frey's work. But she still wasn't sure it would be possible. Cian did not seem the sort to take no for an answer, and he certainly could out maneuver her politically. Power aside, he simply had more experience. She was vastly out of her league.

Clearly these were all factors Frey had not taken interest in considering when choosing her as their mortal emissary.

But as she worried over things that may or may not happen, if typical Phoebe fashion, and set about moving her things to a more suitable storage area, she noticed a man sprawled on one of the couches. Based on his attire and the time of day, she felt it safe to assume he was one of the employees. Though not one she recognized. Someone new then? More importantly, having spent many months tending to the various prostitutes, she could spot someone feeling unwell after long rowdy nights from a mile away.

So the Nightingale set her box of things down before quietly approaching him. "Hello there. Are you feeling alright? I've some medicine if not." she said softly, a warm smile.
Phoebe
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 36 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
The quiet approach doesn't stop that intuitive feeling that comes over you when someone is in your personal space, and Finn's eyes flicker open to gaze up at the pretty young woman who has addressed him. A kind smile curls at his lips, and he angles himself a little more to sit up on the couch. "That obvious, was it?" he says by way of apology, wondering whether she's serious or whether this is just a more subtle come on.

"Just a little run down," he explains, lifting his glass of ice water to toast her before taking another sip of it, willing it to soothe the pounding in his temples. "You are very kind, though. Is this your first time here...?" Perhaps it's Phoebe's absence or the fact that he is not on top of his game by any means, but Finn doesn't recognise Frey's newest demigod. And he has no spectacles here to help him; just his body and his mind, both taxed and exhausted.
Finn?
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Phoebe smiled a little. It seemed he was in good enough spirits despite feeling clearly unwell. "Only a little. I've seen my fair share of exhausted, hungover fellows laying about the foyer before." she said with a light laugh. It really wasn't that hard to spot, especially when it happened with predictable regularity within the walls of the brothel. Such was an aspect of the work from what she understood.

The midwife only grinned at his question. "Far from it. My name's Phoebe. I'm the former Madame here - the one who trained Maeve on the business." she said, reaching out to place a hand on his forehead. Perhaps he had a slight fever, but not enough of one to be terribly concerned. Though, without realizing it, her own want to see him on the mend began to trigger the dormant abilities Frey had imbued her with. Healing magic seeped from her hand and into Finn's body, causing the affected cells within to begin healing and regenerating. Though well before Finn noticed any sort of improvement in his health, it was the intense surge of physical pleasure that would likely clue him in at least to something happening.
Phoebe
Finn Rosencrantz

Change author:
"How unfortunate for you." he smirks - it can hardly be a pleasant experience to continually come across people in his sort of state. "Oh - the former Madame? Forgive me, Phoebe. I've only recently started work at the Halenani - my name is Thomas." But before he can say much more, she's reaching out to place her hand upon his forehead. Risk Perk of the job, having people reach out and touch you whenever they feel like it.

Still, it's not an unpleasant feeling, and Finn lets his eyes close against the cool touch of Phoebe's hand when, like lightning jumping into his flesh, pleasure crackles through him. Inhaling sharply, Finn is already able to feel his body start to respond, and he shifts on the couch before his hips can arch up off it without his permission. "What was that?" he whispers.
Finn?
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe laughed lightly at his comment. "Sometimes it's quite funny - seeing big, strong, tough guys reduced to whiney, pitiful lumps. You seem to be handling it pretty though." she said with a grin. Generally the whiney, pitiful lumps were guests struggling to make there way out, and not the male prostitutes. But even those used to such long nights were not immune to the after effects of imbibing too much. "It's quite alright. I've been away myself. But it is good to meet you, Thomas." she said with a warm smile.

However, when he suddenly jerked away, she froze in place, honey eyes wide with surprise. Clearly whatever that was had been a surprise to her too. "I...I don't know? I put my hand on your forehead and you nearly jumped off the sofa." she said. The Nightingale's brows furrowed in concern. "I didn't hurt you, did I?" she asked. She had barely touched his head - if that had hurt something was really wrong!
Phoebe
Finn Rosencrantz

Change author:
Finn would love to continue their conversation about the Halenani and its guests, but unfortunately there's now a growing problem in his pants and he's furrowing his brow as Phoebe jerks back. "Hurt? I... no. No." He manages an airy chuckle, rubbing at the side of his head when he realises he feels quite a bit more alert already. And his head isn't pounding either.

"Are you a healer?" he asks warily, trying to keep his inherent prejudice about Abandoned at bay. "Or do... are you able to do something similar? I believe you managed to heal me, but it... it felt very good." Understatement of the century, and Finn sits up so he can surreptitiously hide the interest that has kindled within him.
Finn?
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe sighed a bit in relief, glad to hear that she hadn't hurt him at least. But that only made it all far more curious! Her brows furrowed as she looked at her hand, eyes scanning her palm for any sign of something that might have caused him to react so strongly. Her nails were a bit on the long side she supposed, but a scratch or poke would have caused pain, and she was quite positive she hadn't touched him with her nails. Despite her careful inspection, her palm looked ever the same, smooth and pale.

His question caught her attention and she looked back at him again. "A healer? Not a magic one if that's what you mean." she said. She was a healer in so far as she had some medical knowledge, but she couldn't magically make people better! Unless...before she could formulate her hypothesis, Finn gave her a clue that solidified her thought as fact. "Oh! This must be one of the powers Frey gave me then!" she said with a bright smile. "Forgive me, Frey...made me a demigod recently and I still haven't quite figured out what all they changed." Phoebe said with a light laugh.

"Are you feeling better? Despite the apparent side effects?" she asked curiously.
Phoebe
Finn Rosencrantz

Change author:
Phoebe speaks and Finn does his best to think about calming breezes and boring, grey skies - anything to rid himself of the arousal that Phoebe has managed to bring to life with a mere touch of her fingertips. And he's just about got himself under control when she drops demigod into it. The man he's masquerading as manages a blank expression tinged with shock and awe, which is a good thing, because it's what Finn is feeling as well. A Frey demigoddess - considerably rare things, from his experience in the Order.

"I see," he says eventually, clearing his throat and managing a gentle smile up at her. "I mean, I - yes. Yes, I feel much better, thank you. I will be sure to leave an offering to Frey when I next find the chance." And he means that truthfully, despite all else he's experiencing thus far. "Is there anything I can do to repay you?" Brothel, duh.
Finn?
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
The blank look on his face seemed expected to her. Dropping words like demigod into conversations seemed to have that effect. But it was better to be forthright she thought. Trying to talk around the word would only seem suspicious or disingenuous. So instead she straightened, flattening out the skirt of her dress while he collected his wits once more. Between this news, his hangover, and his sudden arousal the poor fellow was having a very odd morning!

"You're welcome. I am sure Frey will appreciate the offering." she said with a warm smile. As far as repaying her though she simply laughed lightly and shook her head. "There is no need to repay me. I wanted to help and I am glad you're feeling better." she said before turning to look in one of the boxes she had been moving around. "Here. These teas will help with the headaches and nausea." she said, holding out a bag with sachets of tea inside. It was a special mix she had concocted especially for the workers of the Halenani and would be put to better use with Thomas than with her.
Phoebe
Finn Rosencrantz

Change author:
An odd morning is definitely a word for it, and Finn swallows hard and carefully sits himself up, taking another sip of his ice water before putting it down on a nearby table. It's a good thing that his head does feel clearer, because he might be struggling even more to comprehend what had just happened if not. Still, he glances back up at the demigoddess before him, unsurprised more than ever to find her so gentle and kind, and a smile curls at the corners of his lips.

"Are you sure?" he asks, tilting his head to watch as she takes out a few tea sachets and accepting them almost on autopilot. "Oh - I... thank you, Phoebe. I feel very lucky to have run into you this morning. Or rather, I feel lucky that you considered taking pity on me, given the state that I was in. I hope that the rest of the season treats you well."
Finn?
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe couldn't help the light laugh at his question "I am very sure. That I was able to help is repayment enough." she said. Caring for others had always been something she had enjoyed from the time she was a small child. Besides, she had learned that she could apparently heal with but a touch! They had both benefitted from the interaction - albeit in different ways. Though she did feel a bit guilty leaving him high and dry with an arousal her healing had caused on accident.

But he was at a brothel. She was sure he could find someone to scratch that itch for him without a problem.

The Nightingale smiled at him warmly as she straightened, glad he had accepted the medicinal teas without a fuss. "You're very welcome. If you ever need anything else for the hangovers just let me know. I'm happy to help. You have a good rest of the season too, Thomas." she said before turning to leave.

When she was almost out of sight, a rather obnoxiously furry grey seer cat decked out in a pink and peach bow tie came meandering through. It stopped and stared at the man with wide orange eyes, its gaze unnervingly steady. "I'd sneak back to the cliffssssspying glass. A storm is coming and here it does not brrrrrrreak." The cat said in its gravelly voice before setting off after Phoebe, tail flicking primly behind it.

--FIN(n)
Phoebe