oh what a wonderful world
For Phoebe
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
Slipping into the Haulani wasn’t exactly Oliver’s initial plan.

The weather was cruddy and he has to quickly drop off a blade for someone- to be used with fish. It was a lovely trade and he was quite happy with it, but it also meant he had to briefly stop through Torchline and fuck was that a massive mistake.

It wasn’t nice and he had to make up his mind fast. Dropping off the blade was easy, but finding a place to rest for a moment? That was another. The shining lights and clear fact that it was open was what caught Oliver’s attention. It was only when he had actually entered inside the building that it actually registered what it was and OH BOY.

Shaking off his head, he stared forward with kind of a dazed expression.

Would... he be allowed to stay here? Even if he wasn’t planning to be a normal customer?

Time to find out!

Phoebe

let us dance in the sun, wearing wild flowers in our hair
Oliver

Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe

Phoebe wasn't working at the Halenani anymore...but that didn't mean she couldn't lend a hand at the front desk while she waited for monsoon season to pass. There really wasn't much else for her to do besides hurry up and wait anyways. Though the last thing she expected was to see Oliver of all people walk through the door. Sure, he had visited the brothel before, but why in Frey's name was he here during the monsoons? It was only slightly better than LongNight in the grounds after all.

"Hello, Oliver. Long time no see." she said with a friendly smile. "Need a towel to dry off? It's truly awful out." she said, already grabbing a few from under the desk.
i'll let you into my soul
but wipe your feet at the door
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Soaking wet hair clung to his face, dripping down. Visible very clearly now were brown roots- yet to be brushed out and coated with the magic that kept his hair blonde and well maintained.

An equally soaked hand moved to push the hair out of his eyes, which didn’t do much to help. ”Nice to see you again too.” A shake to his voice, clearly he was a tad on the cold side. Still, he managed to offer a soft smile, pushing through past the way he felt physically. The offer of a towel earned a soft laugh and a grin. ”That'd be wonderful, thank you.” It wouldn’t save him, but damn would some towels help out a ton. Maybe she even had a change of clothes? Or was that pushing it too far?

”How have things been going? Been a long while since I’ve seen you- let alone a long time since I’ve even been here.”

Oliver

Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe

Phoebe handed him the towel so he could dry off and wrap himself up in it. Poor think looked like a cat fresh out of the bath. Soaked, small, and thoroughly displeased. And though he smiled, she knew it was forced. No one could come in from the monsoons outside and be genuinely pleased - relieved sure, but being outside was miserable for all involved generally.

"Well, I have been away actually and just returned myself. I'm not really a good source of news I am afraid." she said as she stepped back behind the counter. There she grabbed a glass and a bottle of dark colored liquor - rum, presumably, given where they were. She couldn't remember if Oliver liked alcohol much, but a few sips at least would help him warm up much more quickly than standing and shivering alone. "What in Frey's name brings you to Torchline during Monsoon season, huh?" she said with a light laugh as she held out the glass of rum to him. "Needed a bedpartner that badly?" she teased.
i'll let you into my soul
but wipe your feet at the door
Blacksmith

Change author:
The towel is taken with a small thank you before he moves to dry off his hair and face before moving on to his arms. He steadily works towards drying off the most important parts, the ones that would be the most distracting or cause any worry. Meanwhile, he listens to what Phoebe has to say, occasionally glancing over.

”Welcome back, in that case. I hope you’ll be here to stay? Or that you haven’t been struggling in your absence, at least.” Oliver didn’t want to push and pry on why she had been away, afraid that it was a sensitive subject. People often disappeared, reappearing in entirely new areas. It was a freaky thing and could potentially be traumatizing. He didn’t want to force an answer when it wasn’t needed.

A smile and a shake of his head. ”No, no. Not today, I had some emergency products to give out. Didn’t want to keep the customer waiting... your place was one of the few I felt safe in- or who wouldn’t mind giving me some temporary shelter.” His shakes his head, realizing how much he had assumed.

”I shouldn’t be here too long- will there be any lull in the storm? If not I’ll just rough it out after warming up for a bit.”

Oliver