didn’t rust in the rain
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
i try to keep it in line, maybe i'm just not the one
He can hear it from the Slagveld, the way the building crumbles and cracks and echoes down the alley. There had been some respite before, and despite the fact his face is still fucked up and he’s a bit hungover from the events of before, and it’s with tender hisses as the rain pounds against his face, that he darts toward the cause of the sound. And at first, he spies the rubble of the Halenani as it begins to fall apart, swallowing hard and searching for any faces he knows.

Plans form in his mind, of the Wren Society and the Slagveld and his home when it comes to housing them — knowing somewhere deep down that despite the distractions and the ordeal of his father, that this had been his fault too.

So without second thoughts, a sharp whistle leaves his lips and Haai appears bolting down the street to join him, the two of them begin to pick up and move the rubble to try and find any who may be trapped within the wreckage. A few mull around, items in their hands, and Sunjata directs Haai toward them. “Get to the Wren Society.” He instructs them, letting Haai become a beacon in the winds to try and help guide people toward a new, temporary, safe place to stay.
but you know i would
SuNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

It happens quickly. The building starts to creak, swaying dangerously as windows shatter inward, shutters swinging wildly with the wind. Maeve moves as quickly as she can, running down from her room with bare feet. She barges into every room she can, shouting all the while, "Out! Everyone out!" Her voice carries and the Madame tries her best. She really does try. Most make it outside when the wall starts to go. Maeve doesn't leave. She can't leave. Not until she's sure. Not until she knows that everyone is out. Even as the floorboards start to buckle under bare feet. Even as freezing rain pelts her skin. The Madame persists.

The all look on in shock as the place many of them called home crumbles. It was no match for the storm. Blessed by Frey as it was. It didn't matter. Mothers clutch their children close, keeping them steady as the wind and rain wails on them without care. The governor is there, directing them towards the Wren Society and they trust his call, shielding themselves the best they can from the storm.

A few of the men rush to help Sunjata clear rubble, fingers slipping and grasping at storm soaked wood to clear away an opening. Maeve is no where to be seen. Not a familiar face among the crowd that makes up the workers of the brothel who are fleeing the scene towards the promise of shelter.
These violent delights
Have violent ends
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
People filter out and Sunjata works with some of the others to pull the rubble out in such a way that they might be able to find anyone trapped. Quickly, however, it becomes quite apparent that there’s no faces in the crowd he recognizes, not officially of course. But Haai leads them along, returning for more, and Sunjata pauses after a moment to instruct those helping him to continue.

He snags someone leaving as he approaches where they’ve stepped out, asking whether Maeve was inside, if they had seen her, and realizes quickly after that the Madame had been inside. He realizes quickly that she isn’t out yet.

So he keeps those helping him to their tasks, shifting into his macaw form to glide into the building as to not unsteady the rest of the Halenani, in search for Maeve and anyone else that may be trapped within.
but you know i would
SuNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

Even with the rain things manage to spark inside. Candles and lanterns alike tipped over and shattered, catching on billowing fabric, spreading as it hisses and sputters. Maeve was on the second floor when it collapsed, falling as floorboards gave way. Her visions blurs and she doesn't know if it's from the adrenaline coursing through her or whatever else. She's hot and cold all at once, soaked to the bone from the rain, but there is blood too. It wets her hair from where she hit her head, dripping into her eyes with rain water as she lays flat on her back, struggling to draw in breaths. She can vaguely see the sky through the rubble; dark and angry, pouring out its wrath on her prone form.

The others inside were lucky, close to the side that collapsed and with the help of the other men they're able to get out as the building groans, threatening to collapse further. Weakly she pushes at one of the beams that covers her, having landed square across her torso. Maeve grunts, trying to wiggle out from beneath the support beam that failed miserably at supporting anything. At least there were out. They got out.

There is hardly room for him to stand inside. Beams hold up the wall at an angle, keeping it from collapsing further in on itself for the time being, but it's hard to tell how long it'll last. Maeve pants, unable to feel the ache that comes with bruised ribs as she squirms and wiggles, shoving at the beam with little success. So caught up in her own attempts to get loose that she doesn't even see the macaw swoop into the building.
These violent delights
Have violent ends
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
The macaw swoops in and surveys the damage, bouncing from clear sections on the floor to the next when he spies the bit of blood and follows the trail to the beams splayed out across the inside of the Halenani. And he spies her as she weakly attempts to get the beam off of her – Sunjata shifting back into himself immediately, kneeling, where he might be able to help her out. His arms reach for the beams, pulling at the one that covers Maeve, trying to get enough room for her to be able to pull herself out a fraction.

Maeve.” He says at first, gritting his teeth as he pulls the beam back. “Can you get out enough for me to set this back down? I’ll help you get out the rest of the way.” It’s a rushed phrase, his tones almost hinting toward an order as he tries to keep his thoughts and mind in check in order to help her get out of it.

If she needs it, he pulls the beam a bit further, offering her his freehand, moving to pull her up, to help her out of the wreckage she’s fallen into.
but you know i would
SuNJATA
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

A mix of panic and resignation was swirling in her veins. Part of her still trying to get out, but the other part already accepting that this might be it for her. She got her people out. That's all that mattered. It's all she can think about as she weakly struggles against the beam, eyes growing heavier by the moment. She could just sleep here. She could sleep and the rain would wash her away. That wouldn't be so bad, would it? Before that idea can fully take root, Sunjata appears, saying her name through gritted teeth. She doesn't move at first, too taken aback by his sudden arrival and wide eyes train on him as her voice tries to form his name, but his tone orders her to move.

Maeve forces numb limbs to work, wiggling out from beneath the beam as he braces it, lifting it just enough that she can scoot herself back and draw her legs beneath her with the help of his hand as leverage. Clammy fingers cling to him and she presses forward, slumping against his chest as her whole body trembles violently. Whether from the adrenaline passing or the shock is hard to tell, but likely both. He's here and she's safe. He's here. He's here. He's here. It's all that can go through her head right now. All that she can manage as she sucks in breaths that don't quiet hurt yet, but will once it all has a chance to sink in.

Her eyes fight to stay open. She just wants to sleep. She's so tired and there is a pain beginning to bloom behind her eyes that don't seem to work right anymore. "Did they make it? Are they okay?" Her words slur, mixing together in a way that definitely isn't right, but can't be addressed right now. Not when the building continues to groan, pieces of wood shifting underneath the weight of the structure that can no longer hold on its own.
These violent delights
Have violent ends
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
She begins to move, thankfully, and Sunjata’s pulling the beam out and away from her while offering his other hand to help pull her up. She clings to him, slumps against his chest, and his arm wraps around her as he lowers the beam back down before moving to scoop her up. He can’t rise to his full height in here, but he still manages to rise enough with her, keeping her tucked against him as he picks the path out of the Halenani. “Yes.” He tells her quickly at her question. “They’re heading to the clinic.

Stepping outside, rain and wind batter them but Sunjata lets his dragon wings loose, wrapping them around her in the attempts to try and ward off the rain from her completely. He pauses briefly by the men still working to get through the rubble. “Anyone you find, send them to the clinic.” He instructs them, before he’s taking Maeve and a few others toward the clinic.

It isn’t in much better shape but at least it’s lasting so far. So once in there, he sets her down on one of the beds there. The clinic is crowded, the workers pulled at every end, and when he spies one that has just left someone else, he gets their attention to come and take a look at Maeve. Luckily for them, the worker has a bit of healing magic and traditional means to help take care of Maeve.
but you know i would
SuNJATA
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

It's all a blur. His response registers somewhere in the back of her mind and she manages a nod as he carefully picks his way through the building. Maeve doesn't even feel the rain. It pelts at her skin, but the cold doesn't sink in. None of it does. Her eyes slip closed and she's practically limp in his arms, fingers curled loosely in his shirt as he wraps her in his wings in an attempt to shield her from the worst of it.

"Yes sir!" One of the men call back to him before they're returning their attention to the rubble, one of them heading inside to make sure that it's empty as they continue to direct the traffic towards the Wren Society and the clinic. Maeve doesn't stir in his arms the whole way there and it isn't until he's setting her trembling form on the bed that she cracks open her eyes, wincing at the searing pain that sparks behind them.

The worker moves towards them quickly, already starting to check the Madame over, "Excuse me, governor..." She murmurs, starting with her examination, finding the source of the blood first. The nurse tsks softly, shaking her head as her fingers prod as gently as she can around Maeve's head for any other lacerations. "How did you find her? Looks like she hit her head pretty hard. Likely concussed." She glances back at him over her shoulder and it isn't until she starts to check Maeve's torso next that finallthe Madame makes a sound. She cries out, jerking away from the other woman's touch. "That's not good... Alright, Madame. Just give me a moment. We'll get you patched up." The nurse stands, quickly disappearing into the back to get what necessary supplies she needs.

Maeve hisses out a breath, the searing pain starting to make itself known with each breath she takes and every tiny movement. Her fingers grip the edge of the bed, breathing shallow as anything deeper causes a blinding flash of something hot and bright to spread through her ribs. With great effort she forces heavy eyes to open, glancing up at Sunjata blearily, "Can't say this was how I wanted to see you again.."
These violent delights
Have violent ends
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Sunjata steps aside immediately as the worker comes into view, knowing well enough not to get in the way. This was usually Nate’s wheelhouse, this was usually him on the table and Nate pouring over him, fixing his wounds. But it isn’t this time and Sunjata’s quite effectively useless, as his gaze lifts to the worker from Maeve. “The Halenani collapsed.” He explains easily. “I’m going to need to use this and the Wren Society to host most of the families until the storms have passed.” It comes out calculated, his tone quite governorly, before he’s watching the exam take place.

He knows it won’t be a problem, knowing that it’s what this place was built for – what Nate had wanted it to be – but he also knows it isn’t quite big enough. “Any extras that need space can come to my home.” He tacks on, unsure how many that would be, but it would at least give some semblance of help to those that needed it.

The worker departs and Sunjata leans against the bed Maeve’s laid on, reaching out to grasp her hand where she grips the bed. “It’ll be okay, Maeve.” He murmurs – not quite looking perfectly fine on his own, not with the cut to his eyebrow and the split in his lip. “We’ll get you fixed up.” Just like that, the worker returns with her supplies, before her hands hover above Maeve’s ribs, pouring in a bit of her healing magic to try and alleviate the pain so that Maeve would at least be able to take full breaths. She’d certainly still remain sore, but at the very least it would help relax her.

Have her take these, it should help with the pain.” The worker says, handing off some medicine to Sunjata that he takes with an easy, decisive nod.
but you know i would
SuNJATA
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve draws in another shallow breath, waiting for the nurse to depart before she's speaking, "Remi.. Remi said to write him if something happened. That he would take some to Stormbreak." She mutters, wincing as her ribs twinge and a fresh wave of pain rolls through her. His hand takes hers, squeezing gently as she grips him in return; fingers still clammy and trembling. A faint smile tugs on her lips, but it's more a grimace than anything. Especially once she takes in his own battered appearance, "Thought I told you to be safe?" She slurs, brows knitting together even as her eyes close again to shut out the light from the sconces burning on the walls. The need to check on everyone is strong, but before she can try to sit up the nurse is back, tending to her wounds.

The faint tingle of magic hits her first and then the relief it brings with it. She lets out a soft hiss before her lungs are able to expand fully for the first time in what seems like hours. Maeve opens her eyes again and the light doesn't sting as much this time. Thank the gods for that. The worker disappears from their side once more and she already starts to try sitting up, a dizzy spell rushing to meet her and fuck if her stomach doesn't twist violently with it. "Need to check on everyone... Make sure they're okay.." Maeve pants softly, using her hold on his hand to steady herself.
These violent delights
Have violent ends
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Good.” Sunjata responds quickly, not thinking much else of it other than the surface level of what it is. Remi could take some, they could harbor them between here and his home, too. His gaze scans her as her comment reaches him, Sunjata quietly shaking his head with a bit more seriousness than he would otherwise have to her quips. “I’m okay.” He rumbles quietly. And he is, if not a bit hungover and exhausted, but he was okay.

Much better off than the rest of them here.

The healing works wonders and Maeve moves to sit up, words leaving her lips as she grips his hand tightly and he refuses to let her get up fully. “No, Maeve. There’s workers here, they’ll be taken care of. You need rest.” He says quickly, effectively blocking her ability to get out of the bed as his gaze focuses on her face – a hint of seriousness within and a bit of a command.

They’ll be okay.” He’s sure of it. He’s also sure that he needs to focus on trying to figure out who’s going where, how many beds the Clinic and Society have to spare, how many rooms of his home will need to be prepped. He gets another worker’s attention in order to get the information of how many people could stay, before the paper is handed to him to scan.
but you know i would
SuNJATA
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

He doesn't look okay. Sure, he's not bleeding and the cuts are fairly minor all things considered, but she's not in any state to argue given that she didn't keep herself safe either. Maeve makes a sound of frustration in the back of her throat when his hand comes to her shoulder, pushing her back down towards the bed, "Jata.. This is my fault. I- I need to make sure they're okay. Need to see who's here. See who's missing." She argues. It seems the Madame can be just as stubborn as he is. Maeve looks up at him, eyes suddenly glassy as her throat tightens. If she had prepared more. If she actually took the time she needed to do more than just board up the windows and add extra locks.

The paper reveals that they can house up to ten here and another fifteen at the Society. "I have five mothers. One has two children and the others one each. They need to stay together." Maeve tells him softly, swallowing thickly as she tries to keep it together. He's not the only one that needs to make decisions. "Thirty lived on site. Including me." She'll let him do the math on that. It's hard enough to think as is with the way her head still hurts. The chill is getting to her, rain soaked clothes sticking to her skin and making her shiver.
These violent delights
Have violent ends
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
They are looking, Maeve.” He rumbles to her with that similar strain of iron. “It isn’t just your fault, either. It’s mine too. We’ll figure it out, okay?” He assures her as the paper is handed to him and he scans over the numbers, running the math through his head with the tidbits of information that Maeve offers.

Alright. The mothers and their children can go to the Society, along with a few others.” He pauses, leaning across the bed to grab a pen left behind to scribble beneath the amounts listed. “Ten can stay here. And the other five or so can come home with me.” He decides, listing it out, ensuring that there would be help to guide all of them to wherever they needed.

When that is done, he hands the paper back to the workers to begin directing them to their respective places.
but you know i would
SuNJATA
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

He isn't scolding her. Not in the traditional sense, but his tone leaves no room for argument and she's left with little to do besides lay back as he works. Tentatively she reaches out for him, icy fingertips finding a part of him to latch onto while he works. "Okay... I just want to make sure they're taken care of." She murmurs softly, thoroughly put in her place for the time being. Maeve just had to trust that he could take care of this part. He could. He was the governor. It wasn't that she doubted his abilities. She was just worried.

"We can ask if any want to go to Stormbreak. Some have family there. Remi can take them and then there would be space for anyone else that needs a place to stay." Maeve suggests, eyes closing again against the light as the dull throb in her head continues. The nausea is flaring up again and she swallows hard to keep it down. It still hasn't sunk in yet. That she lost her home. Everything she possessed gone; claimed by the monsoons in an instant.

Things begin to quiet down in the clinic after a while. The workers get those who need medical attention patched up, rotating out the beds efficiently before getting those who are staying here settled. Another sheet is brought back to him. A headcount of the workers, all accounted for as well as the status of each of them. There is a separate list of names for those with family in Stormbreak willing to go to the city. About seven in total.
These violent delights
Have violent ends