Training you and me
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
RONIN
the darkstar
It's a rare occasion when the Dark Star and the Lullaby have a free morning that does not involve rolling around in bed. What can Ronin say? Since they have been free to indulge themselves without worrying that they are trying to fix their problems with sex, things have been interesting to say the least. Indeed, even as they leave the barracks proper to head into the training grounds, Ronin is buttoning his pants and trying (and failing) to wipe the smile off his face.

"So what made you want to come out here and spar with me?" he asks, turning to walk backwards and smile brightly to his husband. "Other than the fact that I'll use any excuse to spend some more time with you. Also, are we going to be using old fashioned fists? Or should I be trying to push you out of my head again?"
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 62 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
he said "i bet you don't remember me"
"Well, I will admit that it started out as an excuse to see you, if anyone stopped me on my way over." Remi points out as he reaches over to adjust Ronin's collar so that it might not advertise quite so obviously the reason the two men look flushed prior to sparing. "But now that I have stretched, I am actually looking forward to it." Indeed, his muscles felt limber and lighter than they ever had, which had as much to do with sex as it did the weight recently lifted from Remi's shoulders.

Grinning at that, Remi rolls his shoulders if only because that is about the extent of his sparring knowledge to date. 'Well...I do not think we need to go full out, but...' Ruffling a hand through his curls, Remi glances up at his husband to see what the Star might think.
THE ALCHEMIST
and i said, "only every other memory".
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
"An excuse to see me?" Ronin grins to his husband, a hand fluttering to his chest as if to ask really? little old me? before Remi is reaching out to fix his collar and the Star is busy trying to look like the big bad member of the Order that he's supposed to be. He fails, of course, looking instead like the lovestruck idiot that he is, and he's already slipping an arm around Remi so they can walk into the training area together.

"But...?" He tilts his head, as if to ask what else Remi would have to say about it, before slanting a smile in his direction and leaning in to kiss his curls. "No magic, but we can hit as hard as we like?" he suggests. "If I let you wallop me hard enough, maybe you'll need to play doctor again." The arm around the other man's waist has already slipped to his ass, giving it an appreciative fondle.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Remi bobs his eyebrows and it's through the bright pulse of colour from the alchemist's fingertips that the Star will have his answer; a resounding yes, you. Falling into stride easily with the Star, their bodies more than used to moving together in their clothes as well as out of them, Remi grins into the kiss pressed into his curls. "I think magic is alright, though..I'd rather not shift. I've realized when other attuned aren't around what a burden it can be." Lack of communication, especially when you were the thing in the best position to soak damage for everyone else, was fairly hard to negotiate.

"What do you mean let me." With a casual step forward, Remi tilts his toes inward that his foot might suddenly trip up the man at his side. "I'm still faster than you, you know." And if Ronin hasn't tripped already, he'll receive a playful shove for his impropriety.

'You can shift though if you like.' The alchemist says casually. 'You know, if you need an extra boost."
THE ALCHEMIST
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
"So what I'm hearing is that this plain, basic training session I've suggested has become a full-blown demigod fight," Ronin drawls, letting out a long sigh and nudging his husband with his hip. "You know this is why you never actually learn how to spar, right?" He smirks. "If there should ever come a day when you can't knock someone's soul out, you're going to be in trouble."

But Remi gets what Remi wants, of course - and that includes managing to trip Ronin up. His arm is still around his husband though, so he very nearly drags him down as well. Straightening up (and maybe using the other man to help steady him), he scoffs and shakes his head. "If I shift then I'll run the risk of setting the whole place on fire," he reminds him gently. "I'll keep myself as myself, thanks. Where do you want to do this?" They have a choice - the obstacle course, or the arena.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
'Yes' Remi agrees, though he chooses to summarize it another way. "I have taken your boring training plans and made them more interesting.' Fixing his husband with a look, Remi raises a brow. "When am I ever going to actually need to know how to spar? You look at me right now and tell me a confrontation with Wessex is going to be fair and square combat and I will let you teach me." Ronin had a point about the soul-thing, earning him a thoughtful frown from the alchemist.

'Ooh, careful soldier.' Remi chuckles, more than happy to help right his husband. "Obstacle course.' He decides quickly. Dramatic as it might be for the pair of them to go at each other with no obstructions around, that wasn't realistic...not that any of this was, of course.

'So...go? then?' The alchemist asks with a tilt of his head, having walked to the top of a small berm. They both know what the other is capable of so there's really no point in trying to go for the element of surprise
THE ALCHEMIST
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
"My hero," he retorts, though there's something about the way that Remi says careful soldier that warms Ronin's belly and makes him want to discard training altogether. Flashing his husband a grin and leading them towards the obstacle course, he lets himself give the Remi vs Wessex situation some real consideration, his gaze darkening considerably at the mere thought of it.

"That's a good point. But just because you know how to fight, it doesn't mean it has to be fair and square," he points out, smiling softly over his shoulder. "Maybe you ought to ask Ludo for something like my starbolts, so you can throwdown from afar?" Letting the deity know that its favourite toy isn't capable of properly defending itself is sure to get something done.

But then they're separating out into the obstacle course, and Ronin positions himself near a rope wall. "Go," he confirms - then one of those starbolts makes an appearance again, and he's tossing it towards his husband.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
'I wonder...maybe it would give me...toys to throw?' Remi cringes, suddenly imagining ballbearings or legos under the feet of his opponents. The alchemist wasn't really cunning enough for Ludo's brand of mischief; hopefully, the herald would take pity on him.

Ronin is throwing a starbolt at him, predictably, but there really isn't much Remi can do against it, especially if he isn't shifting. Sweeping a swath of shadows around him, his husband's attack bounces off the darkness that forms around him. 'I have just realized—' Remi calls as he stands, the shadows falling back to their appropriate places. "—that I am rather useless at this."

So saying he creates Emmett's axe (without its return-to-Ronin ability), and throws it blindly toward the rope wall where last he saw his husband. Was Remi's HP unmatched? Yes. Was he stronger and faster than anyone else? Yes. Could he become a monstrous creature capable of death and mayhem? Yes. Did he possess a single ranged attack?

That..would be a no.
THE ALCHEMIST
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
"I mean I did try to tell you," Ronin calls, wry amusement lacing his words. Predictable or no, there's no denying that his starbolts are reliable, but if Remi wants something different then his husband can certainly deliver. One Ronin runs out from the rope wall, and another bolts in the opposite direction. Ronin gives the game away by tossing another starbolt (he's the Star on the right hand side), but there's always that chance that he might pull the old switcheroo on his husband.

"What would you even have?" he wonders - they absolutely shouldn't be able to have this kind of conversation while sparring, but the days where they need to concentrate and the days where they would easily get out of breath are long over. So hey, why not brainstorm while Ronin shows Remi all of his tricks?
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Ugh, you would." Remi grumbles as his husband suddenly duplicates. Well, two can play at that game. Sort of. A ghostly manticore appears, darting after the real Ronin, while Remi goes after the duplicate. "I'm going to kiss this one, you won't mind, right?" He calls over his shoulder, darting toward fake!Ronin with long and easy strides. Its ever been a strange question, this which Ronin is the real Ronin, and it's largely the reason why, for those of you snooping, that a Ronin, Ronin, Remi three-some hasn't happened yet.

"I don't know—" He calls over his shoulder as his manticore snarls and tries to force the real Ronin up the rope wall. "—which do you like more, your starbolts, or the thing where you explode?"
THE ALCHEMIST
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
"Oh of course I don't mind." Ronin grins; the fake one turns to run backwards, blowing kisses at Remi, while the real one has to deal with a fucking manticore ghost. He is indeed forced up the rope wall, throwing a couple of starbolts for good measure. "Well," he calls as he clings to the rope, wondering whether it would be a wise idea to plant his foot against the manticore's muzzle (probably not, he'd likely just get ghost!eaten), "the explosion definitely has its perks, but the starbolts are a little more finesse, you know?"

At that moment Ronin simply lets himself fall to his apparent manticore-death, only not - he (obviously) switches places with himself, meaning that when he reaches out to tug Remi into a kiss, it's all real Ronin, baby. "Why?" he mumbles against his husband's lips, "Do you want... shadow bolts?"
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Remi reaches out to snatch every blown kiss as his manticore roars and clambers after Ronin. Spreading fear and a chill both, the creature snaps its teeth as starbolts are thrown at it. 'No I don't know.' Remi calls back, his eyeroll somehow reflected in the tone of his voice. "That's why I'm asking."

As Ronin falls, dramatically, heroically, to his death, the manticore lunges up to consume him. Remi isn't worried of course, and perhaps that's why he isn't surprised as he's suddenly tugged forward. 'I don't know...sure, why not.' He agrees against his husband's lips, before grinning. "Is this what happens in all your training sessions?" Remi wonders, wrapping his arms around the Star's biceps to try and pin his arms against his sides.
THE ALCHEMIST
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
"Oh, well. The starbolts require a bit more skill, and they're more versatile. The explosion just explodes. I don't really aim it." Ronin shrugs his shoulders, like that might be a valuable lesson for his husband to consider when deciding whether or not to work on a shadow-bolt endeavour. Then they're kissing while his astral self is monched up by a ghostly manticore (and it's not even the weirdest thing that's happened today) when Ronin feels his sneaky, sneaky husband work to try and pin his arms to his sides.

Although granted, try has nothing to do with it, and it's with a remarkable amount of effort that Ronin tries to escape before he realises he absolutely can't. "Not all my training sessions. Only the ones where I really have a crush on my opponent," he points out, trying to lean in and viciously nibble at Remi's neck, as though that will persuade the other man to let him go. And if that doesn't, Ronin trying to trip him up might. (Has he realised that if Remi goes down, he goes down with him? Apparently not).
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Sneaky, sneaky indeed. As if their thoughts and emotions aren't twined together at this point, and regardless, it's few and far between that the pair can surprise each other nowadays. Grinning broadly, Remi tightens the muscles of his arms for a moment before offering Ronin a mischievous bob of his eyebrows. "I think you'll find I am the only one doing the crushing right now." He points out in return.

Ronin tries to trip him/them, and down they go. However, the Star will find that the arms around his sides suddenly go limp as Remi's spirit entirely leaves his body. Whispering into his husband's bones, Remi will attempt to dislodge Ronin from his body, but only in one specific place. Trying to shove at the Star's feet that he might find the limbs unusable, when better than a reckless spar with one of the few people who could actually kill you, to test the limits of your abilities?
THE ALCHEMIST