balancing on breaking branches
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

He dismisses her apology with two little words, ensuring that there was nothing for her to worry about. Just another thing to add to the list that he's done for her. Sunjata gives her the time she needs to pull herself back together. Eventually she does, turning her attention and a wane smile to him as her fingers slip into his hair, brushing through the short curls. He's just as tense as she is. Perhaps even more so and she wishes she was in a better state to tend to that tension, but that's not entirely plausible right now.

Instead Maeve presses a kiss to his neck when he lays his head back, nuzzling against one of the fading marks she's left on his skin, "You are making it easier. You're helping so much... I appreciate more than you know." Maeve murmurs softly, sighing into his skin as she presses a little more into his embrace, being mindful of her sore ribs. There's so much she wants to say. So much on her mind. She doesn't say any of it. Instead she lets her lips brush lightly across his skin, "I wrote to Remi... I think he's going to come tonight to help move people. I- I might go with him." It's something she's been thinking about. She was going to go at the end of the season. Not only to visit with Remi and Ronin, but to see Locke. The only reason she'd been staying in Torchline was to watch after the Halenani until monsoons passed.

That and to be with Sunjata should he need her. Maeve swallows thickly, keeping her face tucked into his neck as she speaks again, "I won't go if you need me to stay. If you want me to..." It's not a test nor a trick question. It's simply... She doesn't know what it is. A way to gauge if he wants her here? If he needs her? He's got his sister and Nate's brother. Nate is surely coming back soon. He won't need her as much soon enough.
Honey just put your sweet lips on my lips
We should just kiss like real people do
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 5167
save your eyes for someone brighter than i will ever be
He waits for however long it takes for her to endure what it is she needs to, before her attention is back on him, dragging his own onto her with the fingers that run through his hair and the lips pressed against his neck. He hums a low sound from his throat, as if in consideration, before he’s offering her a small nod, trying not to jostle her too much as she sinks into him. “I just want to help.” He murmurs to her gently, a reiteration of their conversation earlier. But when she speaks of Remi, he pauses with a stillness that edges a bit more attuned than human, his heartbeat thundering a fraction with a spike of his pulse beneath where her lips settle.

His lips part to speak but she’s continuing, and Sunjata clamps them shut to let her finish. After a few long moments, he nestles his cheek against the top of her head gently. “If you want to go then you should go. Don’t stay on my account.” He offers her as he quells his heartbeat the best he can. “I’ll manage it. You should go and get healed up in Stormbreak.” He decides easily, never wanting to be one to keep people from their best reality — after all, he’d been a bird trapped in a cage for most of his life. The last thing he wants is to cage anyone else. It’s why he’d understood when Hotaru had left.
don't hesitate to bring me to my knees
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

Maeve feels him tense beneath her and she sighs softly, knowing that they aren't on the best of terms. Civil, but there was tension. She presses another kiss to his throat, willing him to relax beneath her. "I know you do and you are." Maeve confirms gently, nails scratching lightly at his scalp as he stiffens. His chest barely moves with his breaths, freezing in a way that's reminiscent of a panther readying to pounce. His pulse races beneath her lips and she takes a moment to nuzzle there, trying to help him relax once more.

He drops his cheek against her head, curling her protectively in his lap as he lets himself have a moment of rest. "I can heal here too, but if you wanted me to stay. Needed me to so I could help with Kamaria and everything then I would. I just want you to know that." Except getting out of here for the rest of the season might be good for her. To be out of the rain and get some space from this. From him. She's in too deep and she knows it. It was never meant be romantic. It was only meant to be a distraction and it had done a great job distracting her. She managed to forget about everything else. About the man waiting for her in Stormbreak.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Her confirmation certainly helps a bit, as does the touch she offers, the press of lips against a quickened pulse, the nuzzling of her head against his neck, against fading marks she’s left behind. He settles a bit more with her there, too, something that relieves a bit of the tension within him as his head drops against her own, cheek pressed against her and arms wrapping tighter around her despite being mindful of her wounds.

I appreciate it Maeve. But…” He trails off, lifting his head and angling it so that he might be able to catch her own gaze. “You need to focus on you.” He says it as gently as he can. “If Stormbreak gives you the peace and quiet you need to heal and figure out the Halenani, then go.” His hand rises to brush back a bit of her dark curls, fingers lingering along her neck and shoulder, over the pearls there. “I’ll be fine. I have to be.” For Kamaria, for Nate’s return, for whenever he can figure his shit out and stop getting so involved in everything.

There’s a pause as he considers his next words, a hint of playfulness added in. “Ronin still wants Ria and I to take a trip to Stormbreak, anyway, when the season changes.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

He holds her more tightly, pressing her closer to his chest as he nuzzles against the top of her head. She clings to him a bit more in turn, soaking in his warmth and the comfort he offers her. They're both feeling a bit clingy, holding on to each other tightly in the wake of the storm. He starts to speak and she lifts her head so she can look up at him, green eyes soft in the flickering firelight that fills the room. Her fingers don't stop shifting through his hair, brushing gently through dark curls. Maeve's brows knit together as he trails off and she waits for the other shoe to drop.

But...? But what? But I don't want you here? But I don't need you here? But this doesn't mean anything? That isn't what he says. You need to focus on you. Maeve blinks in surprise, but slowly relaxes after a moment. His words sinking, the gentle reminder warming her in a way she wasn't expecting. Maeve leans into his touch, turning to press a kiss into his palm before his fingers are skating over her neck and shoulder, teasing across the pearls that still rest on her neck. "Okay... Write me if you need anything? Promise?" She murmurs, reaching up to grab the hand trailing across her skin, bringing it up to press kisses to his knuckles.

Her brow arches, looking up at him from beneath her lashes as a small smile curls on her lips, "Is that right? Guess you'll just have to come visit me then." Maeve hums, releasing his hand so she can cup his cheek, drawing him down for a kiss.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
She tenses as his words pause, as the ‘but…’ hangs in the air between them, before he finishes the statement. He feels her relax in the touch, watching her as she presses her lips to his palm while he waits for her answer. Still, he can’t help the way his lips quirk in a small smile at her response, as she drags his hand around so that she can press her kisses to his knuckles. “Mm, well, I have this habit of breaking promises. So rather than promise, I will try.” He offers her with a softer edge to his smile, pairing it with a wink so it isn’t too soft, of course.

Maybe part of it is sinking in, of him working on himself and understanding where he falls short to figure out where to start. Maybe part of it is just him acknowledging that he’s failed to keep the promises that matter. Maybe it’s nothing at all. Who knows?

But he tells her he plans to take a trip to Stormbreak as well, and before he has a moment to truly respond, she’s tugging him down for a kiss — one he’s content to return, something soft and gentle and most notably, careful and mindful of her injuries. It’s a slow, lazy kiss, one that has him pulling away after a long while, pressing his cheek gently against hers. “Suppose I will.” He offers in a quiet rumble.
SUNJATA
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Her lips curl into a soft smile at his words. It's not a promise because he isn't good at keeping those, but he'll try. Just like he's been doing since they met. Trying. She's proud of him for it. He's committing. He wants to change. At least, that's how it seems and she's fairly certain that is the case. Otherwise he wouldn't be doing all of this. It's a step in the right direction as far as she's concerned.

He gives her a soft smile, something that brings a gentle light to his eyes, that steel looking more malleable even as he tosses her a wink. It's a good balance, she'll admit. Maeve hums as she guides him down for that kiss. It's slow and sweet. Something lazy and careful. A kiss you might share after waking up from a nap. There is a heat, but it's soft. Just as soft as the warmth coming from the flames in the hearth. It settles comfortably in her bones and by the time he's pulling back she's melting for him. That linger irritation at her situation disappearing into nothing. There would be time to fix it. She could fix it. She was sure of it.

"I think it would be rather rude to come all the way to Stormbreak and not see me too." Maeve murmurs as he nuzzles against her cheek lightly, the stubble on his own a touch rough against her skin. She sighs softly and even the exhale makes her hiss, "Fuck... Every way I move hurts.." Maeve whines and she's being a little pathetic, but it's true. Her whole body aches no matter what she does.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
She accepts that answer, and Sunjata’s pleased for it. The last thing he wanted was to have to explain all the other promises he’d broken and explain why he didn’t want to tack another one onto it that he likely would break too. Not for lack of not doing it, but for lack of remembering to do it before things started changing and going crazy again far faster than he has time to register. For now, though, she accepts it, and their lips meet in a slow, lazy caress of one another for however long until they part.

It would be rude, wouldn’t it?” He hums quietly, pressing his cheek against hers until she hisses in her exhaled sigh, in the pain it sparks. And so he withdraws, running his hand gently along her arm rather than her side as he would have otherwise. “Would you like to try eating something? Or… Drinking something to numb it out, maybe?” He suggests, quirking a brow as he peers at her.

He’s silent for a moment as he considers what to say next. “Back in Korofi when I was boxing, it was a pretty common thing for the resistance to get you fucked up with the hardest alcohol before stitching you up.” He hums with a bit of amusement, a glimmer of memories swimming in his gaze. “Might be enough to numb the pain for a bit so you can get some sleep?
SUNJATA
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

"Incredibly rude. What would the people say should they find out?" Maeve manages to tease despite the way sweat begins to bead at her brow and her words become a touch strained thanks to the pain running through her body. It takes everything in her not to cringe outwardly, but she manages to keep her features fairly neutral besides the way her brows knit together. His fingers move up and down her arm lightly in soothing strokes along her arm through her borrowed sweater. "I don't think I can eat without getting sick. Not really sure I can drink either, but drinking might be more successful than eating."

Her eyes lift to his and she huffs out a laugh that she regrets a moment later, "You're not supposed to make me laugh, beastie. That doesn't help." She scolds softly through a hiss before she finally nods. "Guess it's time to drink until we or at least I get fucked up as you put it." Maeve murmurs, offering him another faint smile, but she doesn't make to move. Not when she's wary of the pain that will surely follow if she does. "Will you stay until I fall asleep? I know Remi is going to come, but... it would help."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Probably a lot of things.” He murmurs as his voice takes on an almost thoughtful tone, before he’s settling with her still in his lap and cradled against his chest, offering an explanation over the Korofians and alcohol and how they’d manage their pain. Perhaps it said a lot about him too, given how much he drank. As it were though, his smile shifts a bit apologetically as she chastises him a bit.

I’ve got the strong stuff.” He hums, flashing a wider apologetic grin, before his gaze leaves her to Haai, some wordless communication happening that sends the griffin out of the room for the moment. “Sure.” He murmurs softly. “I can make you up a comfortable place to lay in if you’d like that more?” He asks. After all, this was a spare office room, complete with a couch that he could pile blankets upon just for her.

While he waits to see what she’d like to do, Haai returns with a bottle of smoky, dark whiskey that she nuzzles into Sunjata’s hand at Maeve’s back, as gingerly and gently as she can. He grabs onto it easily, though, and hums a quiet thank you in Korofi to the griffin.
SUNJATA
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

It does say something about him. It also explains how he's able to hold his liquor so well. He flashes her an apologetic smile and she returns it with a small one of own. It's one of the first to reach her eyes, swirling with the pain there, but it sparks a hint of light as she meets his steel gaze. "Definitely a lot of things." She murmurs, tucking her head against his shoulder, pressing it into his neck lightly.

"Can always count on you." Maeve hums, lips curling into a smile as she nuzzles against his pulse, pressing her lips there. He mentions making some place soft for her to sleep and she sighs, "Gonna make me a nest, beastie?" She asks, drawing herself back just enough that she can look up at him, arching her brow as he draws her closer to his chest.

Maeve feels the griffin at her back, pressing the bottle into his hand and against her spine. She straightens herself up slightly, wincing as she settles herself against his chest as he uncorks the bottle. "And what are we drinking tonight, dear Flood?"
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
She tucks her head back in against his neck and Sunjata let’s the low hum of consideration leave his throat in a smooth vibration that she’d likely feel with where her lips are pressed and where her head nestles in. There’s a brief moment where he nuzzles his head against her own, sucking down a long, slow breath at her comment. “I’m glad you think so.” He murmurs, before Haai is returning with the bottle and Sunjata leans back a bit to eye her curiously as he grabs the bottle to open it.

I was thinking about it. You seemed to enjoy the last one.” He raises a dark brow to her with a playful smile, uncorking the bottle and offering it to her first. “It’s a whiskey. From the Grounds.” He murmurs, lingering to help her lift it to her lips if she needs him to. “It’s strong, smoky, and rich.” And it should likely do the trick on getting her to numb the pain.
SUNJATA
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

The hum vibrates against her lips and she sighs as he nuzzles against the top of her head gently like a large cat. Maeve feels him suck down the breath, brows knitting together for a moment before he releases it to respond to her, "I do think so." She says firmly, lips pressing together as if she's daring him to argue with her. He doesn't, but she's ready to fight him either way. If doesn't come and she relaxes as he looks down at her with a curious glint in his eyes as he regards her.

Her cheeks flush prettily as he brings up the last nest he made for them. Things were simpler then. Which is an odd thing to say seeing as they had been pretty fucking complicated before. Except they weren't dealing with all of this too. Maeve hums in response, glancing up at him from beneath her lashes, "Yeah, I did. Also enjoyed what we did before then too." Not that she's really able to do much now. Which was incredibly unfortunate given that she'd like nothing more than to forget for a while. That doesn't keep her from flirting. From playing.

He uncorks the bottle, holding it so she can take a sip. It burns on the way down and she hisses softly as he pulls it away from her lips. "Yeah. Definitely is those things." Maeve huffs, eyes watering a little as the heat finally starts to settle in her belly. It's quickly doing it's job and she lets him help her take another sip.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
She replies quite firmly and Sunjata has no room to argue, nor does he particularly find himself inclined to, to begin with. So instead, he peers at her as he mentions the last nest, watching the way her cheeks flush. He can’t help but to offer a small smirk in response once he gets the cork off the bottle. “I also enjoyed that.” He assures her, lifting the bottle to her lips to help her take a sip.

He watches her face as she downs it, the way her eyes water and her huff leaves her. And he lifts the bottle again with a soft laugh. “It’s one of my favorites, though.” He comments offhandedly, waiting until she’s swallowed that sip down before he lifts it to his own lips, taking a heavy pull and swallowing it down in a well practiced move. “It’ll do the trick.” He says after, giving her a knowing smirk.

What kind of nest are you looking for?” He asks her, tilting his head in an avian fashion as his shoulders fill out with deep navy feathers.
SUNJATA