balancing on breaking branches
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

He smirks down at her and there are no fangs being shown off, but fuck if it doesn't add to that fluttery heat in her belly that's beginning to stir from the whiskey. "Good to know. I was starting to think you were just faking it the whole time." She quips, biting back her laugh as it tries to push past her lips. Thankfully she's taking another sip and swallowing it down even as her eyes shine mischievously. The alcohol already starting to worm through her veins and blow out her pupils as she gazes up at him almost lazily.

"You'll have to show me your other favorites sometime." Maeve hums, licking her lips as he draws the bottle away from her and up to his own in a not quite kiss. Her limbs are already starting to grow loose and a little heavy. The pain being ground down into something more dull with the help of the liquor. It'll take a good amount more before it's completely faded, but this is a good start and she can finally start to breathe again.

Feathers sprout from his shoulders and she can't help letting her fingers find them, slipping along the silky smooth feathers with a soft hum. "What kind? I have options? Didn't know there were multiple kinds." Maeve muses airily, eyes lifting back to his as she finally offers him a smile that isn't completely edged with pain.
Honey just put your sweet lips on my lips
We should just kiss like real people do
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 5167
save your eyes for someone brighter than i will ever be
Me? Never.” He rumbles to her with that very same rogue smirk, a playfulness added into the conversation as the alcohol works its way through her body. He’s quite content to take another sip as well, letting the warmth bloom within him, too, as he hears her suggestion. “I’ll have to get some more but I can absolutely show you the other favorites of mine.” Blackberry wine being one of them, among a few other harder mixes. If one thing was clear enough, Sunjata preferred to drink hard.

Again, it likely said something about him too.

He can feel her start to relax though, as he offers the bottle back to her and begins to list out the options of the types of nests. “Well, there’s the blanket nests… Pillow nests… Cushion nests… Combinations of either of those. I guess it depends on how much comfort you want and if you want to be able to nestle down in them.” He murmurs, letting his gaze land on her again, the feathers beneath her fingers flexing a fraction before they smooth down again.
don't hesitate to bring me to my knees
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

"I was about to say... You were definitely committing for it all to be an act." Maeve drawls, trying her best to ignore his smirk and utterly failing. It's nice, though. To feel something other than pain. It's easy to savor the warmth in her belly and how sturdy he is against his side. He's willing to indulge her as per usual. She thinks that he might even let her get away with more kissing. They could still do that. Didn't have to do anything else. The thought swirls through her mind, but he speaks again, distracting her from the idea for the time being.

He agrees to show her more of his favorites and a soft smile blooms on her lips, "Perfect... Rather intrigued by your tastes." In all things. Alcohol, food, vices, and virtues. There was so much to learn and she had barely scratched the surface of him. Maeve wraps her free hand over his, using her grip on him to help guide the bottle back up to her lips so she can take another deep drink. It's not burning so much now. Instead it starts to settle deep in her belly, flushing her cheeks and draping over her like a weighted blanket.

Maeve seems to consider all of the options, trying hard to wrap her already fuzzy brain around what they all mean. What they might look like. It's hard to do. So instead she just smiles up at him sweetly, "I want the most comfortable nest. M'supposed to try and sleep, right? Need the best nest and my beastie." Maeve hums, words just a touch slurred as she giggles, nestling her cheek against his feathers. The Madame was normally better about holding her alcohol, but she wasn't trying to pace herself. This was about chasing the pain away. About letting go of what was weighing on her. Plus his drink of choice was strong. He couldn't blame her for already feeling a little tipsy.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
A soft hum of a laugh leaves him, paired with the smirk. He tries not to jostle her to much, but there’s nothing but agreement in the words he gives her, in the confirmation he receives from her. And he spies the soft smile that blooms on her face, his head tilting to the side a bit as he considers her. “Like what?” He asks quietly, an easy prompt for her to dive into should she wish to. After all, he isn’t too inclined to speak about himself normally, but for now?

For now if it helps provide some distraction for her, he could let her in through the walls a bit.

With her help, he guides the bottle to her lips again before following suit to his own once more, and when she decides what kind of nest she wants, he clicks his tongue as if he’s considering what would make the best option. “I have an idea in mind.” He murmurs gently, casting his gaze back down onto her, waiting until the alcohol has spread through her so that she might be able to be moved without causing too much pain.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

The whiskey is doing its job rather well and she tilts her head back to look up at him with soft eyes, a smile playing on her lips as a laugh rumbles through him. Her fingers continue to play through his feathers and she shrugs her shoulders lightly. It's hard to think now. Her thoughts flit from place to place, not bothering to stick to one clear path. Maeve purses her lips, considering his question as her brows knit together and she continues to lounge in his lap, curled up against his chest as he cradles her close. "Like... Your favorite food or color or hobby.." She finally manages, giggling at herself as she drops her head to his shoulder, nuzzling against the feathers.

He's indulging her again. Something they seem willing to do for each other without too much fuss. She's grateful for the distraction and the drink. The pain starting to dull to the point that she can breathe more easily. The small movements she's managing not sending sparks of discomfort through her nerves.

Sunjata confirms that he knows just what to make for her and Maeve beams up at him in delight. Her cheeks flushed from the alcohol that's buzzing through her system now, "What do you have in mind?" She asks with a hum, reaching with slightly clumsy fingers for the bottle, bringing it back to her lips and taking another long drink with his help. It's warmed her up enough that she can finally move. Not without help, though. As she tries to sit up her head swims and she makes a soft noise in her throat before relaxing back in his arms again. "Oh... That hits hard."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
She reveals her thoughts and he flashes her an easy smile, keeping her close to his chest. “Mm, well, I’m not picky when it comes to food. But blackberries are my favorite fruit.” He pauses, lips pursing as he considers the rest, head tilting this way and that. “Blue is my favorite color.” And he pauses again, eyes lifting to the bookshelves that linger around within the office space they’re in. “I don’t get to indulge in many hobbies. But I’ve always liked to read, ever since I was young.” Ever since he’d been allowed into the family library.

It had been an escape, to say the least.

I suppose you’ll have to see.” He rumbles with a small half smirk, moving a fraction after helping her take another sip, to set it down on the table to the right of them before he’s moving to lift her. “I told you it was strong. Deep breath, okay?” He instructs, moving to lift her and set her down on the couch, before he’s flitting around the room to grab blankets and pillows from the spaces he’d tucked them away into.
SUNJATA
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

He graces her with another smile and she easily returns it, the alcohol warming her up just as much as his embrace is. "Blackberries are yummy. I like strawberries." She supplies in return because it just seems fair. He's telling her things so she's going to tell him things. That's how this works right? Maeve's pretty sure that's how it works. "Purple's mine.. Which might be surprising 'cause I wear a lot of black." Maeve giggles, recalling when he said as much. 'I've never seen you outside of black.' Not true, Jata! She wears other things. She likes colors! Fuck, the whiskey was hitting hard and she stifles a giggle as her own thoughts wander. Then he mentions books and her eyes light up with delight, "Oh! I love books. A lot. Like a lot a lot." She does giggle this time and if she wasn't so tipsy then she might be embarrassed, but she is incredibly tipsy.

Maeve hums, nuzzling against his throat, lips pressing little kisses there because he's so warm and she likes him so much. "Guess it's good my eyes still work." She mumbles mostly to herself, words muffled against his skin as she nuzzles there while he sets down the bottle. Maeve draws in a deep breath per his instructions, only feeling mild discomfort at being moved, but it fades quickly as he places her gently back on the couch. She melts here too, still curled up as she leans against the arm of the couch, watching with hazy eyes as he flits back and forth gathering up all the comfort items he has stashed in this one room.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Strawberries are good, too.” He agrees with a soft smile that shifts into a quiet laugh as she tells him her favorite color is purple. He nods to that, too, some semblance of a half smirk forming on his face. “You do wear a lot of black, in fairness.” He tries to interject, before he’s preparing them to move and she toddles on about reading. “What kind of books do you like?” He prompts gently, lifting her and moving her to the couch, setting her there as he draws out blankets and pillows.

He returns and sets the pillows around in a somewhat circle that she’d be able to curl up into, tossing blankets over it that he can tuck in, followed by filling the rest of the inside with more and more blankets and pillows — stealing a cushion or two from the couch she lounges on. “Your eyes do still work.” He agrees, completely belated but still true nonetheless. And when he’s done with the nest, he moves to kneel beside the couch and peek up at her. “What do your eyes think of this?” He asks with another playful smirk gracing his face, paired with the raise of a brow.
SUNJATA
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

"But not only black." She argues back, trying and failing to keep a straight face as he lifts her only to deposit her back on the couch. Maeve drops her head against the arm, curling up as he starts collecting all the materials he needs to make her the best nest. "Uhm, I like poetry. Mysteries too. I like trying to figure out who did it before the book tells you." She starts, brows knitting together slightly as she thinks of what else she enjoys. Lots of different things, but her favorite is romance even if that's kind of silly. "I really like romance. Which is cliché, but I don't care." Maeve sighs, a small smile curling on her lips as she speaks again in perfect French. "La vie est une fleur dont l’amour est le miel." The accent isn't as good as it would be normally. Not with the way her words are slurring, but she manages to get the phrase out.

Maeve watches him build the nest with interest, head tilting to the side as he carefully arranges pillows and blankets, creating a space that will cradle her oh so gently. She's eager to climb in even before it's finished. "Uh huh.. They do. Work real well." Maeve hums, glancing down at him as he kneels beside her and she tries her best to start moving towards the resting place he's built just for her. "They like it, but it's missing something." Maeve says decisively, giving a little nod of her head as she looks back down at him.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He can’t help but to him a bright laugh as she dives into her favorite reading materials, nodding along in a bit of understanding. “I liked fantasy. But… Korofi didn’t have magic or anything like Caido. So.” It was different to read about fantasy, of princes who slayed dragons and people wielding magic, than it was to become a part of it. Something he still was coming to terms with at the end of the day.

For now, though, he pauses in his nest making when she speaks a language he’s never heard before, head tilting almost canine like. “What does that mean?” He asks curiously, finishing up the nest of blankets before he’s kneeling beside the couch and looks up at her, asking about what her eyes think of the nest he’s made as he prepares to help slip her into the blankets.

A dark brow raises as she prepares herself and he’s pretty sure he knows the answer but he wants to hear her say it instead. “Yeah? What’s it missing, Maeve?” He asks with a crooked smile.
SUNJATA
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve nods sagely. Fantasy was a good one too. She also liked it. With princes and princesses and roguish thieves that get the girl in the end because princes are kind of overrated. "Fantasy is also good. We still have those books here. Even though we also have dragons and stuff." She supplies thoughtfully, blinking slowly as her eyes try their best to focus on him as he talks. He asks her what the phrase means and her smile is bright and easy as she looks at him while he pauses in his nesting to gaze at her. "It's French. It means, life is a flower, of which love is the honey. Pretty, right?" Maeve sighs wistfully, expression softening as she watches him finish crafting the nest for her.

Finally he finishes and she goes to try and move, swaying almost dangerously as another peal of laughter bubbles up in her chest at the sight of his crooked smile. She likes his smile so much. It's such a nice smile and she especially likes when they're directed at her. "Il te manque, bête." She knows he doesn't know what it means, but he's going to figure it out shortly. Maeve manages to get herself into the nest before she's reaching for him lazily, fingers curling in his shirt to give it a weak tug. "Come cuddle me.." She huffs, a slight pout forming on her lips as she gazes up at him with soft eyes.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Part of him wonders what the fantasy books might look like here, but he doesn’t comment on it — instead, simply raising a brow as she responds with the translation (internally wondering if this is how people feel when he slips into Korofi), but it’s amusing nevertheless. “That is pretty.” He agrees quickly, softly, letting it resonate a fraction longer than he likely should.

He doesn’t know what she says following up, though, but he understands the gist of it. And two can absolutely play at that game, despite the fact his language is far less beautiful, more huskier, rough, guttural in places where it would otherwise be smooth. So he nestles into the nest with her, humming a sound deep in his throat as he reflects exactly the thing he was just thinking. “twee kan by daardie wedstryd speel, Maeve.” He flashes a wink her way, settling in the blankets just enough to sit up and begin to pull the blankets around her.

dit is nie so lekker soos joune nie.” He tacks on at the end, as if he were simply showing off.
SUNJATA
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

He replies back in his language and she absolutely doesn't know what a single word of it means besides her name. That she recognizes. With no way to really know what he's saying besides to ask, Maeve waits until he has her situated in the nest. She's soon curled back against his chest, snuggling close as he gently tucks blankets around her. He tosses her a wink and her cheeks flush a touch further as she blinks up at him. Maeve nuzzles the base of his throat, lips finding his skin again in a gentle kiss, "I dunno what you're saying, but I think it was something snarky." She says with the littlest nod, lips curling into a slight smile against the skin of his throat.

"Are we being snarky now, beastie?" Maeve giggles, nipping at his throat playfully as her fingers sneak beneath his shirt, ice finger tips finding warm flesh and pressing against his torso. She's hit the point where she's getting a little handsy. Not that she can do much and he likely won't let her, but it doesn't stop her from inching her fingers beneath his shirt or pressing closer to him. It's hard not to. Especially when he's taking such good care of her. "Je peux te montrer à quel point ma langue est tranchante si tu veux..." Maeve hums against the skin of his throat, melting into his gentle embrace. Whatever pain she was feeling earlier nothing but a distant memory thanks to the whiskey. "Peut faire toutes sortes de choses avec lui aussi. Vous avez semblé aimer la dernière fois, bête."

The words are punctuated with a quiet giggle, muffled against his skin as she licks a stripe over his pulse. She's going to get away with whatever he lets her for the time being.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
It was a little snarky.” He admits playfully, tucking the blankets around her before he nestles in against her and she starts to go off in her language. It’s melodical and smooth, sweet and beautiful in comparison to his own, and perhaps that’s what makes it all that much more amusing.

He can’t help but to suck in a breath as her cold fingers find his skin, tugging at the shirt he wears and finding their space underneath it against his scarred skin. Truthfully, he doesn’t mind, until she’s continuing on and nestling in against him harder and nipping at his neck until he feels the warmth of her tongue rake against his pulse. And that’s when it gets a bit more difficult, his arms finding their space around her with ease, keeping them close together beneath the blankets that share his warmth with her along with the fire cracking in the room.

jy maak dit moeilik, weet jy.” He rumbles, inadvertently lifting his chin a fraction to give her more room.
SUNJATA