new-rising smoke
For Kiada <3
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS
The sound of iron shots is stuck in my head
The thunder of the drums dictates
Dusk pervaded the landscape by the time he’d finished up within the barracks; maneuvering targets back into place for trainings set for the upcoming day, shuffling, rearranging schedule for individualized work, and then ensuring the climbing wall was still faceted and rigged for its purpose. He’d meant to be done much sooner, make way for evenings by fires and nothingness; but those sentiments and notions had been derailed by several other warriors incapable of making their marks sufficiently.

So Deimos marched, eyes inclined towards the setting sun, and hoping the market kiosks hadn’t closed up yet. Bag of holding over his shoulder, a couple meats meant to be haggled and bartered away for some other game (even the monolith got bored with ningo after a time) contained within, and with Belial for company, drifting alongside rather than overhead, he made his way down the streets.

Familiar and accustomed as they were, he nodded towards several familiar faces as they passed, and then notched the foundation of recognition over the figure of the Harpy nearby. “Kiada,” he rumbled, not meaning to distract her from whatever he was intending to accomplish, but the conversation with Sunjata still remained in the back of his mind. Perhaps not the best time – but there likely wasn’t ever going to be a better moment.
The rhythm of the falls, the number of dead
The rising of the horns, ahead
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
KIADA
i'm sorry to interrupt, it's just i'm constantly on the cusp
of trying to kiss you, i don't know if you feel the same as i do
She’s at the markets, gaze darting between a few different trinkets to bring home – new cups or a scarf she wouldn’t need. Perhaps Chuy wouldn’t mind the scarf to the left, the emerald with the hues of snow white within them. After another moment of consideration, her hand extending toward it before she snatches her hand back up to her chest with a sharp shake of her head. Nope. Comes the immediate thought, remembering the way Chuy tended to keep his moose fur on display.

It seemed neither of them needed a scarf, but gods they were cute. Perhaps she could use one anyway, feign the warmth if anyone asked.

Deep tones distract her and she immediately turns, flashing Deimos a wide fanged grin. “Deimos! Hi.” She chimes, before she turns back to the shop and scans the scarf again, snatching it up after a decision made swiftly, offering her own goods to barter for it. And as she departs, she moves to drape the scarf over his arm. “Here, please wear this.” She laughs lightly, exhaling a sigh she doesn’t need as she moves to fall into step beside him. “What were you getting?
but we could be together, if you wanted to
do i wanna know if this feeling flows both ways?
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
Fangs and grins and a muffled snort from himself, tilting his head vaguely to gaze over at what she seemed to be perusing. Trinkets, baubles, and a variety of clothing, and he permitted a slow smile to unfurl in the corners of his mouth, while he slid over to the kiosk nearby, opening up his bag. While he and the seller bartered over prices and selections, Belial took it upon himself to dart towards Kiada – for there was no competition with Zuriel tending to the soldiers in the barracks – beelining for her knees in a somewhat affectionate bump of antlers.

By the time he’d finished, procuring some fair trades of venison and other fowl for the ningo, the Harpy had already flickered towards his side. An arch of a brow solidified over his features as he looked down at what she’d draped over his arm: a scarf, embroidered in deep emerald hues, and then varnished with deer motifs. The monolith laughed, shaking his head in amusement rather than argument, placing the rest of his wares back into the satchel and over his shoulder, while his hands plucked at the newfound garment. “Thank you,” came along another deep rumble, Belial making some other grumbling noise nearby. While they walked and wandered forward, because he thought he’d seen the glint of some weaponry nearby, he wound the scarf around his neck, tucking it along the coat and furs. “Trading some game.”

Falling step into step, and meandering closer to that particular glinting kiosk, his eyes fixated upon the Ascended once more. “What have you been up to?” The Sword imagined some guild prosperities and knowledge exchange with Aisha, considering how the inn was coming along, or some other multitudes with Chuy.
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
KIADA
The peryton slips toward her, headbutting her legs with his antlers, and she easily bends down to scratch at him behind the ears like Auni used to like in her own quiet greeting — silently thankful that she can’t feel pain as an Ascended, because she imagines it probably would’ve hurt. As it were, though, it doesn’t. And it leaves her time to make it to the General’s side, to drape a scarf around him that she has no need for but certainly wishes to see it in good hands.

You’re welcome!” She chimes, falling into step beside him, nodding at the fact he had been trading in some game. As for what she’s been up to, so makes a notion of looking thoughtful before her gaze dances back over to Deimos’ face as a soft smile crosses her face. “Much of the same, really, though I’ve helped out Aisha in taking over the Monster Hunters Guild. And I’m sure you saw my note about the Climb. I went and… did some self reflection.” And threw a throwing knife right into Nate’s shoulder, but that’s neither here nor there.

But! What about you?” She asks, ever eager to get the attention off of her and onto something else.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Belial was quite content with the scratches, leaning directly into her space with little care; Deimos huffed a silent warning through their connection, and the peryton lifted one brow with utter indifference. But then the Sword’s attentions fell to Kiada’s actions, to what she’d been doing, orchestrating, since LongNight, presumptions pressed into the correct niches. It was the last one that gave him pause though – because he did remember, recall, the note left behind, and the way he’d placed it apprehensively across his desk, uncertain of the implications, of what she’d find, of how she’d react. So instead of prying deeper, of digging where it likely wouldn’t be of use, and certainly open up another stitched wound, his eyes found hers, the piercing gaze gentle and drawn into repose. “Did it help?” To stare upon the section of where one perished? He couldn’t be certain. He’d never been capable of trying it. The embankments lining the segments of his last breaths and final heartbeats were long gone.

Deimos took the subject alteration with a lift of a brow and nothing more, managing a brief snort, glancing ahead along the streamlined path of market stalls yet to close for the evening. “Been to the Wilds. Had a very long discussion with Safrin. Listened to Ru. Had conversations with Sunjata and Nate. Helped with things for the greenhouse.” An inward wince; given the other predilections launched in between, and how he’d been told to relax. There was probably more he’d been forgetting or neglecting – not as large in scale. But the monolith figured she’d pick one or two to focus on.
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA
She doesn’t mind Belial’s interest and intrigue for her, truth be told. She missed her companions – having lost both now. And with Auni, well, he didn’t particularly care for her much anymore if at all. And Khairi was still gone, lost in one of the many words she’d fallen from. So the peryton’s attentions are well received, with brightness and excitement, despite her attempts to explain what she’d been up to. “I think so?” She admits with a tilt of her head, regarding Deimos again and offering a soft smile.

Her gaze is bright, absorbing everything that Deimos says with a crooked smile. “Oh, how was all of that?” She asks, raising a dark brow while they walk. She doesn’t mention she’d stumbled across Nate yet, not until she thinks it might be necessary. Whether it’s for pure amusement or sympathy when she does bring it up, she can’t quite tell. But she does latch onto the mention of the greenhouse with a pinch of her brows and a huff of air. “Fuck, I’m supposed to do that too. I need to go see Elide later.” She makes a mental note to remind herself to visit the other Ascended.

For now though, her gaze lifts back to Deimos, waiting for the stories to unfold.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Maybe because Belial was far younger, he was also irritating and juvenile in his antics, and unless Kiada told him otherwise, he’d continue sidling straight into her side, now accompanied with the brush of plumage, the raising of his great wings – a spirited annoyance.

Deimos sent him a stern warning through their bond, and then turned his attentions back to the Harpy. His brow furrowed slightly at the notions of ‘I think so’, since the indications in either direction weren’t there. Maybe she didn’t know. Maybe she’d yet to understand. Maybe one didn’t, and trying only made some modicum of difference. Would he be able to do the same? How often did he traverse to where friends had been annihilated? So he let it go with a nod, presuming she wanted to dig no further into the regards.

He’d been hoping she’d simply pick and choose a subject line instead of all of them, because it required a great deal more talking on his end. Striving to become better at it didn’t mean it was going to come naturally, easily, when he’d spent years and lifetimes trapping, combining, them into tiny seeds, granules, cinders, and dust, as the rest of the thoughts revolved in his mind. Perhaps this would be adequate practice then, with an audience member that wouldn’t judge him for the faults in the lines or the flaws in the recitation. A snort muffled its way through just the same, lodging in his throat, his head shaking as they walked. “Aisha and I went off to explore King’s End. Found a giant, stone staircase that led to nowhere. Launched off of it for fun.” The smile grew and deepened, a shrug of his shoulders in the childish expression of simply jumping off of something because they could. “We were going to start hunting, when we were suddenly pulled elsewhere. One moment, great green fields, and the next, in a jungle.”

A momentary pause, tilting his cranium, considering her plans as well. “What task will you be doing?”
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA
Truthfully, she’s offered the opportunity for him to speak on whichever one burned the most in his mind. So it’s with a bit of surprise that she regards Deimos while they walk with a half smile of amusement when he tells her that Aisha and he had explored King’s End, a place she had yet to go. She’s unsure if she truly wishes to explore the world as she once thought she might have. For now, though, stories are good enough – and a laugh leaves her when Deimos tells her that they launched off of it for fun. “That does sound fun.” She comments softly.

She might’ve been able to do that a lifetime before now, were she still Attuned. But now she’d have to rely on other’s shifts, stolen, used to try and help her catch herself should she descend astray.

Her head whips toward him with curiosity as he says they had been taken from one space to another, dark brows furrowing together as her head tilts. “How far away was it, do you know?” She asks in her curiosity, spending a moment to nibble at her lower lip as she considers what that particular thing means.

She comes up with nothing, in short, and when he asks what she plans on doing, she flashes him an easier smile. “I’m collecting vines.” She says matter-of-factly, despite having not talked to Elide about it yet.

That would be reconciled.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Some other moments, some other days, pulled and tugged at him – silly, inane seconds spent as Attuned, with Adam, atop the Spire. Rushing headlong. Diving, swooping, cheating death in the way that fools often did. It panged right in the middle of his chest, and he tried to ignore it – because in some way they’d all been resurrected from those hours and there was no going back – commenting with only a nod, a smile that didn’t reach his eyes.

Her question gave him the slightest pause, but he had the answer swiftly, eyes reaching past the markets, and then back towards her; the grin there again, as if it had never left. “By Torchline. We could see the ocean once we got our bearings. Might be good for your vines.” The notions of please, be careful slunk into his mind, and then he remembered she couldn’t hear them – and wondered if that was okay too. That she couldn’t feel the weight of apprehension still there, lacquered within his being, that she couldn’t absorb the trepidation of everything else pervading into his entity, shared across bonds.

His gaze lowered, and he could hear Belial making his way over, soft ears under his hand, before pressing on. Trying to keep the realm light, not weary, not entangled and mired in his sentiments, he altered over another topic. “Did Ru tell you what happened with Sunjata and Nate?”
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA
A time to dive from the spire and shift into a bird before departing completely. Adrenaline rush to the maximum, one that she likely won’t get again any time soon. The closest was likely the quest over LongNight in which case it was something she wasn’t going to go seek out any time soon. So far now, the most she gets is a follow up question over where the wilds had dropped him and Aisha off. By Torchline was an intriguing notion, though, and she nods her head in a mental note to keep it in mind.

Oooh, it might be.” She agrees, flashing him a bright grin. “Perhaps Elide has more information on what type of vine we need and where to find it.” She comments offhandedly, focusing on the path ahead. She’d be safe, though, she’d do her best to try and keep herself and Elide safe throughout the trek.

So that way she’d be able to return home.

Her head tilts back up toward him with a raise of a dark brow, before she shakes her head no. “I haven’t seen her yet. I’ve been meaning to go to her spa, though. Just to try it out.” She offers with a soft laugh. “I knew something happened but I don’t know what. I assume that you do, though?” She asks, flashing an amused smile his way.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
He followed after some of the curving paths, the cycle of kiosk and market stalls, none of the wares catching his eyes any longer. Focus was drawn inward, and his limbs matched and marked the cobblestones by habit and ritual, routine and respite, rather than anything logical or noteworthy. Belial conspired for more scratches, and the Sword offered them distractedly, listening to Kiada’s insights, and then the shake of her head. Forging beyond melancholy, and straight into the bizarre volleys of idiots.

“A lot of drama,” he snorted – perhaps the insinuation wasn’t necessary, given Sunjata’s previous, world-renowned antics. “Apparently a lot occurred over Deepfrost with his father appearing. Nate being captured. A mess.” But when were things involving the Flood not? The man had a habit, a reputation, of running headlong into events without the slightest bit of thought. Burnt houses, mobs, and still he managed to maintain some power over the threshold – in the Basin he would’ve been pushed down a summit and forgotten about. “After all of that was settled, Nate, Hotaru, and Sunjata had discussed having children.” He swung his piercing gaze back to Kiada, and he figured she’d understand the nuances behind those predilections; given Hotaru’s past, given her inclination towards offspring. “They were going to leave Safrin as a last resort, but he went to her the following night anyway. Meanwhile, Nate saw the Voice and became a demigod for her.” A shrug of his shoulders, a shake of his head, the interplay of deities and beacons forging a disarray he’d yet to fully delve into.

Deimos had come to appreciate chaos and bedlam in a battle-hinged sense – but none of these bizarre, and unnecessary, interludes. He persisted and continued while they walked, while they meandered. “Sunjata made a deal with Safrin. She would have his child, he would raise it, and become a soldier for her. In return, she would save Nate if the Voice was destroyed. Except, now it does not matter.” Dilemmas and dramatics; all for naught in the end. Perhaps they deserved one another, the fools, to mire about in their stupidity, a circle of transgressions and ineffectual schemes. “Which left Ru.” And here he paused, permitting the Harpy a moment to absorb it all.
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA
The amusement remains, even as Deimos admits that it’s a lot of drama. And Kiada listens to the beginning, a dip of her head in the understanding of drama, because she knew that always followed the Flood wherever he went. It’s part of the reason she dislikes him, but it isn’t the main reason still.

But as the story continues on, her amusement fades into concern, her head tilting slightly as her steps slow. She hadn’t known Nate was a demigod, and yet she’d gone and stabbed him in the shoulder by accident. He seemed okay with it though, so at the very least she had that going for her.

She could care less about the Attuned Nate had hitched himself to, though.

Wait.” She says when the words finally hit, her brows drawing close together, knitting in her confusion. “That is a huge mess, isn’t it?” She sighs, reaching up to rub at her face before she starts walking again. “Is that why she’s back home, now? She’s left them?
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
He waited, composed and patient, while she took it all in. It was lengthy, and there was more to it all – amplified with a sigh following, and the slight furrowing of his brows. Frustrated as a whole for Hotaru, who’d gone through constant, consistent trauma within Helovia, and only to be caught in its midst once more. “Yes, from what I understand.” Long discussions about her deserving far, far better than the likes of fools who continually made the same mistakes – and maybe it would stick this time. “Working at the spa. Intends to go forward with building hot springs,” which caused the faintest, nostalgic grin.

They walked down another portion of the street where the stalls began to dissipate, dusk falling closer and closer on the horizon. “I went to see Sunjata. I am certain you can imagine my rage.” The smile turned into a smirk, but she’d know – the layers of contempt, of loathing, of abhorrence eternally stored and bound for adversaries, enemies, and other abysmal creatures. “The child was already there. So I did not take the vengeance I wanted.” No action; but words upon words upon words of his derision, his sedition, his anger, his wrath. Let the Flood feel the enmity eternally coiled and bound in his flesh and bone. Would that be enough?
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA
Talk of Hotaru was safer, it was easier, and she nods along with what Deimos offers her. The spa, building a hot springs that has her sighing nostalgically – if not, perhaps, a bit sadly. “A shame I won’t be able to feel it as well as I might have once.” She sighs wistfully, shaking her head and letting her dark hair bounce around before she’s focusing on the rest of it all.

The walk continues and the sun begins to set and she glances back over at Deimos when he says he went to see Sunjata, a crooked smirk on her face. “I’m sure it was palpable.” She agrees with a soft snort, stepping a bit closer as Deimos mentions that the child was already there so Deimos didn’t take the vengeance he wanted to. To this, she nods, a brief flit of understanding in her mind, knowing how sharp Deimos’ tongue could be.

How did he take it?” She asks, cocking her head, only able to imagine just how the Flood might have taken such barbs.