catch your breath
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
the baffled king composing hallelujah
After acting as conduit for who knows how many people to dream-hop into Stormbreak, Ronin has been feeling a little dazed and sleepy to say the least. Remi has left for the Greatwood (something about catapaults) and Mateo was still snoring in bed when Ronin checked in on him, so the morning is his own to play with. Or rather, it's his own and their guest's to play with.

They had settled Maeve on the squashy couch in their living room, and at present the colourful scraps of sheet that count as curtains are drawn across the large windows, so the morning light from the plaza can't get through too much. Ronin pads into the room on bare feet, hiding a mighty yawn behind his hand. His dark hair is desperately ruffled from sleep, and the sweatpants he wears sit low on his hips. At least he's remembered to pull on a shirt, but it's left open as he shuffles towards the open-plan kitchenette to make some coffee.

He's doing his best not to wake their guest, but he needs something to help him function this morning.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

The last few days have been exhausting for the Madame and besides the little sleep she got at Jata's, there hasn't been much resting done on her part. Remi thankfully put her right back to sleep once they got here and settled. It's the first real rest she's had since the whole ordeal began. Of course, due to the nature of Remi's magic, it is some of the most restful night of sleep she's had in ages. So when her eyes slowly open, adjusting to the dim light of the living room she's currently in, Maeve feels much better aside from the lingering pain.

Carefully she stretches, rubbing sleep from her eyes as she comes to, sitting up with a slight wince to see Ronin milling about in the kitchen looking just as disheveled as she is. Once more in borrowed clothes, this time a pair of sweats with the drawstring tightened all the way and another oversized sweater, Maeve gathers herself to stand and shuffles into the kitchen with a yawn. The sleep helped, but the Madame still looks a little worse for wear.

"Morning.." She mumbles, finding a resting place against the counter and leaning against it heavily to keep herself steady. "Are you making coffee..?" A hopeful tinge colors her voice as she straightens up slightly, running a hand through sleep mused curls.
Poor little girl
still waiting for her happy ending
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"Oh - morning." Ronin's greeting is uttered around a wide yawn, and he instinctively reaches up into the cupboard to take down a second mug, automatically assuming that their houseguest will want to partake. "I am indeed," he says with a lopsided smile in her direction, the kettle on the stovetop now to boil. "I hope I didn't wake you up. I tried to be quiet, but honestly, Mateo sleeps like the dead, so I don't have to tip-toe as much as I might otherwise."

As evidenced by the fact that they aren't even remotely having to keep their voices down. His son will rise when he's good and ready and not a moment before; a good thing when he wakes at normal times, but not so good when he's up before the dawn. Ruffling his fingers through his hair, Ronin slouches against the counter beside Maeve. "How are you feeling? I was going to make breakfast once I've woken up properly - do you want some?"
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

His yawn is contagious and Maeve can't even try to stop the one that pushes past her lips, the sound pitching up at the end in a rather cute way. She leans her cheek into her palm, shaking her head slowly, "Thank gods for that." The words are muttered, but she tries her best to brighten up. Sunshine filters in through the curtains, warming the spot she's leaning against and she stretches out as much as her batter body lets her, soaking up the sun like a cat. It's been weeks since she's seen proper, bright sunshine and while she doesn't make a habit of soaking in it, (it's not very good for her skin), the Madame has missed its warmth. "No, you didn't. Pretty sure I was already waking up when you came down."

At the mention of his son, she visibly perks up and her smile actually reaches her eyes, sparking a light in those soft green orbs that has been missing for days now. "Right. Your son. Will I get to meet him then?" There is a clear edge of excitement to her voice now and she's sure he'll say yes, but she asks anyway. Maeve loves kids. The prospect of sharing a home with a five year old might be daunting to some, but Maeve is more than ready for the challenge. Even if she's still healing.

A brow arches at his question, head cocking to the side, "Honestly? Like a building collapsed on me." At least she still has her sense of humor. Maeve sighs, becoming a touch more serious, "I'm... feeling a lot of things. Mostly pain, but guilty too I guess. It's been a lot to deal with." She admits softly, meeting his eyes as she chews on her bottom lip. The Madame was having a time. She has been for a few weeks now. The mention of food turns her stomach, but she needs to eat. Nibbling on toast once a day isn't going to cut it anymore. "Sure. What are you making?"
Poor little girl
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"As if I would begin my morning without something to take the edge off." Ronin grins, and as the kettle lets out a whistle, he begins to assemble their coffee, adding a generous drizzle of honey to his own before offering out the pot to Maeve should she want some. "And given that I used to use whiskey to take that edge off, it's not a terrible thing to need a cup of coffee, right?" Once he's stirred the honey into the mug, he settles back against the counter to warm his hands around it while it gets to drinking temperatures.

Blinking himself to attention at her sudden and obvious anticipation to meet Mateo, Ronin can't help but let out a laugh. "Yes, of course. I'm not going to hide him from you. In fact, you might be able to help me out, if you don't mind? I usually take him to a daycare in the Plaza while I'm at the Tower and Remi is out of town. But if you wouldn't mind watching him, maybe you can entertain each other for the day?"

He's not surprised that she's still feeling battered, Ronin rubbing at the back of his neck and smiling softly. "Would you like me to see if I can do anything for you?" he asks. "It might only take the edge off, but it could help." As for what he's making? "Pancakes. I'm an expert at pancakes, and my son will agree."
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

It's a fair statement and with a five year old running about it was likely necessary. Maeve takes the kettle from him, pouring her own mug and leaving plenty of room for her to stir in cream and sugar. Way more sugar than she should. This isn't tea. She's not concerned with actually tasting the flavor. Some people would likely be upset by this, but she wants the caffeine and the warmth. Not the actual taste. "Some would say it's fairly reasonable to need coffee over whiskey. Maybe even preferred." She drawls, giving him a little grin as she brings the mug up to her lips, taking a slow sip of the warm concoction and humming. The cream in hers helped to bring down the temperature a touch, saving her from the risk of burns.

Her cheeks flush at his laugh and she shrugs her shoulders, "I have a soft spot for children, what can I say?" There were seven currently residing with her workers. All of them a joy in their own right. At the mention of helping out with Mateo, Maeve nods eagerly, "I'd love to. I'm sure it would be good for me. I could use some joy." There was something about children. Their gentle innocence and delight they easily found in the world. It might be just what she needs. "I'll be sure to get up to all sorts of mischief with him. You have nothing to worry about." Maeve teases him over the rim of her coffee mug, smiling softly before their conversation shifts.

"I didn't know you had healing magic too... I mean, sure, if you think you can help. I wouldn't say no." Maeve agrees easily because she isn't going to turn up the chance at not being in pain even if it's only for a little bit. Her brow arches, head cocking to the side. Pancakes. Something she's admittedly never had before. Well isn't this a treat. "I've never had them so I won't really be able to compare them to others, but if Mateo says you're an expert than it must be true."
Poor little girl
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin can only bounce his eyebrows at her at that, flashing a small smile and blowing at his coffee as if that will help to cool it down in the next ten seconds (which is precisely when he will want to drink it). "It's alright, I think Mateo has a soft spot for everyone. He will be more than happy to show you the entirety of Remi's shop - especially all of the poisonous or dangerous things that my husband has currently got collected down there. Be careful in promising mischief, though - he might give you more than you bargained for."

As for the healing, the Star can only smile, place down his coffee and straighten up, rolling his shirtsleeves to reveal the glint of golden ink on his forearms. They are only really visible when the light hits them - subtle, as far as tattoos go - but they show various constellations spanning his skin. "Not magic, exactly, though I have that too - it might be a bit flashy for this time of the morning. But here, let's see what Virgo can do."

Touching his hand to one of the tattoos, a golden light suffuses the little kitchenette, and before Maeve and Ronin stands a gorgeous figure draped in starlight. Her hands reach for the madame, seeking to fade her bruises and soothe her cuts.

Ronin uses this:

Type: Light
Shackles of the Virgin: Summons the Virgo Constellation for one post. The constellation is semi-transparent and appears as a beautiful celestial figure. May heal at a Basic level. Exists as a constellation-tattoo when not in use, but manifests in golden shackles when used.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Honestly Maeve really shouldn't be surprised that the boy knows everything about Remi's shop backwards and forwards. Nor should she be surprised that he would know all of the poisonous and dangerous things. Remi doesn't seem like the dad that really keeps things under wraps if his child is curious about something. At least from what she can tell. "I don't know... I was rather notorious for getting in trouble as a child. Then again, I didn't have anyone trying to keep me in line." Maeve huffs with a soft laugh, taking another sip of her coffee and letting the liquid warm her bones. The last of the chill from the rain seeming to be chased away with each sip of her coffee.

Virgo? Before Maeve has much of a chance to respond, Ronin is bearing his forearms and the tattoos that are inked into his skin. Her brow raises, head cocking to the side before she closes her eyes against the sudden light. When they open again, it's to settle on a celestial form of starlight, bathing her in a soft golden glow as it reaches for her. Maeve doesn't pull away, staying still as the beings hands find her, dashing the remaining sharp pain with a gentle wash of starlight. She draws in a deep breath, not feeling an ache in her lungs for the first time in days and she takes a second to lift her sweater slightly to bare her skin to inspect for bruises. They've faded to a sickly yellow color, but that's much better than the purple and blue that painted her skin before. "Well that's definitely one way to do it... Thank you."
Poor little girl
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"Well, for today you might be the one trying to keep Mateo in mind, so we'll take that however it comes, shall we?" Ronin flashes Maeve a cheeky smile, before he falls quiet to concentrate on manifesting the Virgo constellation that it might be able to heal her up a bit. And the celestial figure does whatever it can, giving a gentle bow of acknowledgement of her thanks before disappearing once more. Ronin shakes out his hands - the tattoos have become a pair of fetching golden shackles throughout the manifestation - and smiles across to the madame.

"You're very welcome. As I said, I could do better, but it's a very flashy bit of work, and it's not the sort of thing the neighbours would appreciate." He chuckles, retrieving his coffee once more and raising his mug as if in a gesture of cheers. "Hopefully you feel a bit more chipper now."
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve drops the hem of her sweater after gingerly running her fingers over her ribs, prodding gently to gauge the pain she's in. A soft hiss is pulled from her lips and there is minor discomfort, but it's better than it was before. She'll take it. Maeve laughs softly, taking her coffee up once more, sipping from it slowly, "That helped a lot. I could barely move without feeling discomfort before." She admits, offering him a grateful smile before setting her mug back down on the counter.

"So, about those pancakes... I don't really know how to cook, but I'd be happy to help. Maybe you'll manage to teach me something." Maeve teases, bumping lightly against his arm with her shoulder where he leans against the counter beside her. "Plus, I feel it important to make a good first impression on Mateo. What better way to do so than by helping his dad make pancakes?"
Poor little girl
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"I'm glad I could do something for it, then. There's nothing worse than not being able to move around." A seasoned expert in getting injured by this point - and the scars that silver his body beneath his open shirt says as much - Ronin doesn't envy Maeve's current position. His tattoos become tattoos once more, taking one final sip of his coffee before he lends his attention more towards their breakfast. "Never?" He raises his eyebrows. "It's just flour and eggs and milk. How have you lost out on pancakes?"

Grinning, Ronin starts to get down ingredients, as well as a bowl and a whisk. He cracks some eggs into the bowl first and adds the milk, then offers it out to her to whisk together. "Here, you can do this part if you want to help," he offers with a wink. "I'll start to add the flour once it's looking good enough. "And I don't think you need to worry about Mateo - he'll definitely like you. Especially if you have pancakes, granted."
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve could agree with that statement wholeheartedly. As a woman who liked to move it was something entirely new to be so limited. However, Virgo has done a good job at soothing that pain and she was already enjoying he ability to breathe more easily. She brings her own mug back up to her lips, shrugging her shoulders, "The cook just doesn't make them really. Sometimes for the children, but I tend to miss out on them." Maeve provides easily, glancing up at him as he moves to start gathering what they need for preparing the magical dish known as pancakes.

Eagerly she takes the bowl and the whisk, considering them for a moment before starting to stir. It's a little clumsy, but she soon gets the hang of it. Maybe she can learn to cook on this little break. "So that's really all it is? What about flavors?" She asks, brows knitting together as she works at combining the ingredients in her bowl until they're homogenous. "I hope so. Especially if we're meant to be spending time together. How are things, by the way? Just in general."
Poor little girl
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"Ah, flavours are whatever you want them to be." Ronin grins to Maeve. "Mateo likes his with strawberries and honey. I take mine with sugar and lemon juice, but you can have whatever you like." He adds the flour steadily, careful not to add too much at once lest they both end up looking like ghosts, and he raises an eyebrow to hear her reasoning behind not trying the dish before. "A cook and children in a brothel? The Halenani is a magical place," he says with a long sigh.

Still, there's no disguising the smile on his face as Maeve asks how he is, or the way it grows soft and sweet while he potters around to grab a pan to make the pancakes. "Things have never been better," he says honestly, his voice quiet as if he's afraid that saying it will make it all go to shit. "I didn't think I could ever be happy here in Stormbreak, but I was wrong. What about you? The monsoons and the Halenani and the bruises aside, of course."
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

She was always under the impression that you added in the flavoring before you cooked them. The cooks always added chocolate chips or blueberries to the batter for the children. Maeve hums softly in acknowledgement, "Lemon juice and sugar? Interesting. I didn't realize there could be so many different ways to have them." Carefully she stirs the flour into the mixture already in the bowl, trying her best not to cause the flour to billow from the bowl. Her own brow arches in response to his and she grins, "Yes, Ronin. A cook and children in a brothel. People did live there." She teases, laughing with a small shake of her head.

The smile that spread over his face was bright. Almost blinding. For a moment, Maeve felt a well of jealousy in her chest over his happiness. She pushes it down, taking up her coffee cup instead, bringing it to her lips and drinking deeply. "I'm so glad to hear that. Truly." Remi hadn't told her the ins and outs of their relationship, but she knew that they had been struggling before. When he turns the question back to her, Maeve's fingers tighten around her mug and she presses her lips into a thin line, offering him a tight smile. "Isn't that a question for the ages." She muses softly, mind turning to Sunjata, her talk with Safrin, things with Locke. It was all a bit of a mess. "Are you really going to act like you don't know some things, Ronin? I know Remi had to have talked to you." There isn't any heat in her words or irritation in her eyes. Just an expectancy that he already knew about a portion of what was happening in her. Without much thought, her fingers lift to her neck, landing on the pearls that rest just below the collar of her sweater.
Poor little girl