so casually cruel in the name of being honest
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

She waits for him to do something. To push her away. To tell her to get out. Except he doesn't. Instead he's cupping her cheeks, brushing away the tears that stream hotly from the corners of her eyes. Maeve isn't even upset with him. She's upset with herself. Maeve had wanted his honestly and she's grateful for it, but she can't help feeing like she shouldn't have any of this. His kindness or patience. He gently draws her into another kiss. It's sweet and soft and chaste. Barely lasts a second before he's pulling back and pressing his forehead to hers instead.

Maeve sniffles at his words, squeezing her eyes shut as the mix in her head with everything else he said, "That's not a very nice thing to say..." She mutters hoarsely and she knows it's a poor joke. Maeve didn't want to hurt him and she thinks that she did. She knows that she did. Her throat is still tight, tears still managing to slip down her cheeks as he draws her close to him. He starts to speak again and she tries hard to focus on his words, drawing in a shaky breath in an attempt to calm the storm of emotions swirling in her gut. "I do want you... I missed you. I-I'm sorry." Her voice cracks on the last word and it doesn't feel like enough. He wants her. She wants him. They could be something. They could have something together. Is it selfish? Yeah, it probably is, but she can't find it in herself to care.

Didn't she say the same thing to Adam? That you don't get to decide what people deserve. What they want to deal with. It's their choice. They get to choose what they put up with in life. What burdens they bare. Locke nuzzles against her lightly, making sure it's clear that this is his choice to make. It is his choice. Even if she's not sure that she is the right choice for him, but he wants her. That's his choice.

Maeve opens her eyes, sniffling against as she draws back just enough to look at him. To meet the hazel gaze she missed so much. She swallows thickly, drawing in a shaky breath, "You don't? You.. you wouldn't care if- if I did?" She feels the need to clarify. To find out what exactly this means now. Not that she's sure it matters. They can take it a step at a time. If they do this. There are no rules for it. His fingers slips into her curls, trailing through the silky strands and she leans into his touch, unable to help herself. "Okay.. Okay.." Maeve whispers, the shakiness in her hands finally starting to dissipate, "Are you sure?"
These violent delights
Have violent ends
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE
Driving faster in my car
Falling farther from just what we are
They’re both idiots. Fools. Gods damned morons. He chuckles at her weak attempt at a joke before pressing another kiss to her face. Wherever he can reach. ”Not a nice man, typically. Maybe for you though.” A little. As a treat. He’s a little hurt, maybe. But this could’ve gone a lot worse. Could go a lot worse. But he’s content to relax, soak in whatever this feeling is. He feels kind of fuzzy, kind of content, kind of embarrassed. Not in a bad way though. All of this is new to him and maybe to her too. And he can tell the Sunjata thing has been bothering her. He knows he made it clear that he doesn’t care if she sleeps with other people.. Maybe he should’ve elaborated.

”M’right here Mae. Have been for a bit. Missed you too though. Glad you’re okay. Don’t know what I would do if you got hurt.. worse.” He has to stop himself from rambling, another laugh bubbling up in his chest. Nervous this time but still. Locke shakes his head as she pulls away, looking her over as she talks. He wants to tangle himself up in her, in her life, in her sheets, in her heart. It seems like maybe he has already. He’s not sure it’s love but it’s something and that has to count.

He holds her gaze, waiting for her. She seems so nervous, unsure maybe? Something he can’t quite read. But she seems to be relaxing and that’s all he wants. This doesn’t have to be hard. ”Yeah. I mean. Look, Mae. I know we haven’t done much in the way of talking but you’d be blind to not see how.. Sexual you are. And I mean that in the best way possible. And you care a lot about people. Making them happy, taking care of them. You’ve got a big heart. Wouldn’t be fair to try and have all of it.” His fingers gently massage the back of her head when she leans into him.

”Plus.. Told you I think it’s kinda hot.”
Smoke a cigarette and lie some more
These conversations kill
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

It's true. They are. She has the excuse of being young. Dumb. Isn't that what they say? When you are young they assume you know nothing. His excuse is never having done this sort of thing at all. At least, she thinks that's what his excuse is. The chuckle is a balm for her bruised heart, soothing the ache in her chest and she sighs softly at his words. "Do nice men make cookies for the other dragoons just because?" She teases half heartedly, a small smile curling on her lips as his own brush against her cheek gently. This could have been worse. She knows it. He could have taken her explanation for something else. He didn't though. He saw it for what it was. He accepted her words. Accepted her.

Things aren't perfect. They likely won't ever be perfect, but she's able to ease into something less still now. Her muscles protesting with how she's been holding herself this whole time. Maeve lets out a breath, finally allowing he jaw to unclench even as he speaks. "I'm glad too." Maeve supplies softly, looking up at him from beneath her lashes, leaning closer to him. That pull that was there before drawing her back to him and she lets it. She doesn't fight it anymore. There isn't a point in doing so. They're going to be okay. If they let themselves have this.

As the minutes pass, she lets the tension go, shifting to brace herself against the pillows as her body protests lightly at being held so tightly in one position. "We should talk more. I mean, besides this. Just in general." They haven't done a lot of talking. Just like he said. There is a lot they don't know about each other. A lot of things she wants to know. His fingers massage at the back of her head, finding the spot that's healing, having scabbed over from where she hit her head when she fell through the floor. Maeve's cheeks flush and she huffs out a soft laugh, "Yeah.. I guess I am." She peeks up at him, licking her lips as she reaches for his hand and finally moves to lay down. The bed isn't big. It's the size of standard cot, but she lays down on his pillow, gently tugging him down to lay with her.

"Is that right?" Maeve hums, facing him when he lays down beside her, eyes no longer glassy as she looks at him.
These violent delights
Have violent ends
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
LOCKE

He shrugs, "Probably. Still not a dragoon by the way. Don't think I'm going to be one at this rate." Between showing up late because he was hung over that one time.. The whole war thing weighing on his mind.. What happened to Maeve. Maybe it's not for him. But they can talk about that later. She's laying down against his pillows and he's never felt so soft for someone before. The way she winces makes him frown but he gets it. She had a building fall on her and it was probably recently. Honestly, surprised she doesn't look worse. Not that she can look bad that is.

He moves to lay down next to her, propping himself up on his arm as he lays on his side. She's got most of the bed but that's fine by him. "We should. I'm very curious about the Halenani Madam. I've heard she's met Safrin. And I want to know everything. Her favorite color, her favorite instrument, her favorite drink. Can't believe I don't know already." Another chuckle as his hand slips around her waist, desperate to touch her again. He's careful, scared of hurting her.

He's not trying to start anything, honestly. He, however, is a pervert and he can't help himself, really. "Yeah. I really do. Just sayin' that when we get back to Torchline, you should pay the govenor a visit. I'm terribly curious about how he tastes." His voice has dropped a little. Partially so the others don't hear him and partially because you know, kinda dirty. Not that he cares.
I know I was born and I know that I'll die
The in-between is mine
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Her brows draw together in confusion, a slight frown playing on her lips as she regards him, "Why do you say that? Are you thinking of quitting?" Hadn't this been what he wanted? He got out of Torchline and he was making something of himself. Surely if he stuck with it just a little longer he would come out on the other side of this with a dragon and a purpose. Unless this was never meant to be his purpose. Maybe it wasn't. Maybe he wasn't made for this. It's fine if he's not, but she's not sure what else he might want to do if not this. "What are you going to do instead?" She asks softly, reaching forward to trail her fingers along the collar of his shirt, eyes soft as she looks up at him.

He mentions Safrin among other things he wants to know about her and she huffs out a soft laugh. "Who did you hear that from? Not that it isn't true, but... Yeah. I did meet Safrin. She, uhm, she gave me a quest too." Maeve is sure he's going to have question about that. About her meeting and the quest she received. She'll be more than happy to answer them, but he's mentioned a few other things that she wants to answer first. "My favorite color is purple. Lavender more specifically. Which, might be a little odd considering I wear so much black, but it isn't my favorite." The instrument throws her for a loop and she really has to consider it for a moment, "Probably piano... I dance, you see. Ballet specifically and I find I dance best when accompanied by a piano." He got two piece of information in that one. She's more than happy to share at this point. He wants to know everything about her? Well this is a good place to start.

"Do you mean alcoholic drink or just normal drink? Tea is probably my favorite. My lavender tea specifically. As far as alcoholic drinks... I'm rather fond of amaretto sours." There. That's all of his questions answered. She's feeling pretty proud of herself for sharing. Not that any of it was a secret, but he didn't know and it mattered to him that he did. This was a first step. His hand slips over her waist and she scoots a little closer to him on the small cot, "I'm not going to break. They healed me up pretty well. Only a little sore now." She murmurs, offering him a small smile as she meets his hazel gaze.

Her cheeks flush instantly at his words, eyes going wide when she realizes what he's suggesting, "Locke!" She hisses, glancing around quickly as she reaches up to cover his mouth with her hand. "I can't believe you just said that." Maeve shakes her head, uncovering his mouth as she wills the blush in her cheeks to go down. Never mind that Sunjata was going to visit her while he was here or that he promised to train her when the storms passed. She was definitely going to see him again.

She's so caught up in his comment that she doesn't realize what he said at first. "When we get back to Torchline..." Maeve blinks, brows drawing together, "Wait... Did you say 'we'? You're not staying? You're coming home?"
These violent delights
Have violent ends
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE

The way her face scrunches up is so cute he has to lean down and kiss her nose. Internally he’s disgusted with himself. ”It’s.. Hard to explain, Mae. I told you I met Nate, right? Before I left? He said something and it’s just stuck with me.. And then I get here and there’s statues to keep out the Abandoned and the dragoons were formed to fight The Voice. I..” There’s a long pause as he looks over at her, frowning. ”I don’t know where I stand in all of this but.. That doesn’t feel right to me. And, gotta be honest. Just not digging the soldier thing..”  He has a feeling he’s just always going to be conflicted about this kind of thing. Rarely is there a right side of a war.

”I had.. A dream about it…?” He questions because no, he shouldn’t know that. (But I got mixed up with another thread whoops.) ”You did? A quest? How did it go? Nothing too crazy, right?” She’s right, he does have questions. He can’t imagine meeting a god. But.. Maybe he should try? Who would he even pray too? Safrin like Maeve? Frey? Ludo? So many choices and none feel quite right. ”I can see the lavender. It’s your favorite flower too, right? You’ve always smelled like it..” Tasted like it too but he doesn’t add that. ”You dance? You’ll have to show me some time. I’ve never seen ballet before.” It’s kind of surprising, that she knows ballet. But kind of not surprising at all.

”You do make a good lavender tea. The cakes I made with it went over pretty well.I think I found a good way to make lavender cream too. Maybe I can make you something like that.” Since lavender is her favorite color too. And he likes baking, cooking.. ”Amaretto sours are pretty good. I’m more of a whiskey or straight rum kinda guy myself but I can respect a good sour.” It’s nothing deep but it helps. He feels.. Closer to her. A little. This is how dating goes, right? ”Think you’ve forgotten how rough I can be..” It’s muttered against her neck as he buries his face there. The healers are good here. He should know. He’s been a good boy and gone to see them a few times at least.

Her reaction earns her a laugh, a real genuine laugh. When she covers his mouth, he licks the palm of her hand like the child he is. ”I thought you said you liked my depravity? Would you rather I warm you up for him? Maybe the other way around?” His teeth find her ear, just the lightest of bites as he whispers into her ear. ”Think it would be fun is all. Probably the closest I’ll ever get to fucking him.”

Her surprise earns her a chuckle, ”Why would I stay? Don’t have anything here really. Or I won’t, when you leave. And I can always travel. Don’t have to stay in Torchline. Maybe you and I can do a bit.. Before you need to rebuild? I’ve always wanted to go to the Great Wood.. To Halo..” He hopes he’s not coming off too strong, he kind of feels like he is.
The in-between is mine
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

He leans forward to kiss the tip of her nose and it makes it wrinkle a little bit more as his beard tickles her skin. Maeve huffs, taking a moment to savor that little touch before she's focusing back on his words. Her brows drawing together in thought. "You did tell me you met Nate before you left." It was a hard pill to swallow. The war and having to choose a side. She didn't want to pick. She wanted peace. Not a fight. Maeve wasn't sure if everyone else agreed, but that's where she stood on it. "It is... strange. I know that there are issues between the old gods and the Voice, but I just.. I guess it feels like they're using us to fight their battles. I don't like that either." She admits, gaze soft as she looks up at him, "You never seemed the type to really follow rules so I'm not really all that surprised." Maeve teases, grinning over at him from her spot on the bed.

His answer earns him a laugh and she shakes her head, "Okay, Locke. You had a dream about it. Sure. Yeah, I did meet her and she did give me a quest. Nothing too crazy. Let me think..." Her lips purse in thought and she tries to recall what all she has to do. "I have to learn about non-magical healing, complete some training in some kind of combat, collect two items, and kill something." Maeve pulls a face at the mention of killing something. She really isn't about that part, but she has to figure it out. "Sunjata offered to help with training. Nate is a doctor so I thought I might talk to him about the healing. Hotaru has offered to help with the items. All that leaves is killing something. Don't suppose you'd like to help me with that part?" Maeve asks with an arched brow, head cocking to the side slightly. It was a fairly good meeting, all things considered. Safrin had been patient and kind with her. "She was... intimidating, but also very kind to me? Kind of felt like.. like a mother's presence. If you ever wanted to go to a shrine I'd go with you." She finally settles on, nodding in confirmation.

Her smile grows and she nods again, "It is my favorite flower. I didn't think you knew that." Maeve laughs softly, drawing her bottom lip between her teeth as he goes through each thing she mentioned. "I do. I learned when I was sixteen or so? The Madame at the first brothel wanted to use me for entertainment too and she was surprisingly kind enough not to put me on the floor that young." It was a small kindness. Little did she know it was so she could action her off later. "I'll show you. I think you might like it?"

"I'd really like that... Your cakes and cookies were so good. I was honestly a little upset that I didn't know you could bake until after you left." She huffs, pouting up at him for a moment. Except he suddenly moves, pressing his face into her neck, nuzzling against the sensitive skin there in a way that makes her shiver. Maeve swallows thickly, her hand coming up to brace lightly against his chest, "Maybe you'll have to remind me.." She murmurs softly, keeping her voice low so others don't hear them. Not that she saw anyone else in here. Can never be too careful.

That moment is broken when he licks the palm for her hand after that rather dirty comment and she makes a face, "Oh my gods.. You're a fucking child." She huffs, wiping the spit from her palm onto his shirt because she is not going to just leave it. She only likes that in very specific situations and right now is not one of them. Her cheeks are still flushed as he whispers into her ear, teeth nipping at the lobe there and she buries her face against his chest, "Locke.." She huffs, not really having an answer for him. Not at the moment. The thoughts that it stirs up are enough to make her belly swoop and flutter.

"That's fair. I just.. wasn't thinking about it. I thought you wanted to get out of Torchline completely. I didn't think you'd come back." Maeve admits, voice slightly muffled against his chest even as her lips press a soft kiss to his collarbone. "I'm actually going to Halo to see Hotaru. I- I think she maybe likes me? If her letters are anything to go by. As for everything else... Yeah, I could travel. There is a lot I haven't seen."
These violent delights
Have violent ends
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE

Her nose wrinkles and he’s tempted to kiss it again. Just to annoy her. He’s aware he should probably shave. Maybe he will soon. The thought is fleeting as she talks, his frown falling as he looks at her. ”Just pawns in their games, I guess.” But that’s how gods work, isn’t it? Wouldn’t be much of a god if you weren’t messing with your subjects’ lives. Or something. He’s never really cared before now. Ever since the Heralds came back.. Feels like the whole world has tilted. He’s just gotta find his footing. ”Not much for authority at all really. Or laws. Or rules. Fuck, why did I even think coming here was a good idea?” He laughs, shaking his head of the bitter thoughts that are bubbling up.

”Maybe I’ve got you mixed up with someone else. Could’ve swore you told me though.”  He shrugs, content to drop it as he listens to her list off her quests. What a strange assortment of things, really. There’s a fraction of a second where his jaw clenches. Wasn’t he? Wasn’t he going to teach her how to use her dagger? Wouldn’t that count for combat? He’s got this.. Conflicted feeling in his chest. One he’s not sure he wants to untangle. He wants to lay here and enjoy her, not deal with.. Whatever that is. But then she’s asking him about helping her kill something. “I can. If you want.” It’s almost monotone but not quite. He’s got strong opinions about killing. ”Just get a chicken or something. Kill it and make dinner. Easy peasy.” Except he has a feeling she’s supposed to get more out of it than  just..  Killing for food. He gives her a crooked (fake) smile, ”Glad it went well. And thanks, I’ll.. Keep that in mind.”

”May not be smart, Mae, but I am observant. Or I try to be. Would be blind not to notice all of the lavender..” He laughs, shaking his head. It doesn’t soothe the weird feeling in his belly but he’ll be alright. She doesn’t need to deal with his shit. She’s got her own going on and he’s happy to be there for her. ”Don’t think I’ve ever met a brothel girl that could do ballet though. Bet you got a lot of clients just from that.. Would explain why your legs look so strong though.” He nods as if he knows what he’s talking about. And he kind of does. He may not have actively worked at a brothel but he was raised in them. ”Think I’d like that too.” Softly spoken as he tucks his head into her neck again.

”Don’t think we really knew much about each other until I left.” He’s not upset about it, not really. Nothing bitter to his tone. It’s just a fact. There was that initial physical attraction and it didn’t really move beyond that until after he left. At least for her, he thinks. Hell, he’s not even sure if she’s really into him. Maybe he’s just playing second fiddle to a man that will probably never love her back. When her hand finds his chest, he pulls it up for a kiss, shaking his head. ”You’re hurt, Mae.. Don’t want to hurt you.” Physically, emotionally, whatever. She’s the last person he’d ever want to hurt.

”Thought you liked when I licked you..” He grins against her skin, shifting a little to pull her closer to him. So what if he’s insecure? She’s here, isn’t she? He can feel her warmth pressed against him and the gentle weight of her body against his side. He keeps telling himself over and over that she’s here and she wouldn’t be if she didn’t want to be. Or he hopes so. His name on her lips is pretty great too. ”Wanna know a secret, Mae?” It’s whispered against her skin as his teeth find her ear again. ”Real name isn’t Locke..” Sure, there are plenty of people in Torchline that know his real name but he’s keen on avoiding them. Plus, it would be easy enough to mistake it for a pet name or something else. But maybe he’ll let one more person know.

”S’alright. Not sure if that’s where I want to stay. Like for good. But I do wanna go back. Gotta help you rebuild after all.” At least for a bit. Check on his family and get some sun. Maybe go down to the Slagveld for a fight or two. ”Always wanted to go to Halo.. And of course she likes you.”  He rolls his eyes with a little huff, ”Everyone likes you Mae.. Although you did put a very sexy mental image into my brain, so thank you.” He’s only met the woman once and while she’s not exactly his type, he’d happily let her step on him any day or night of the week. ”Can be traveling buddies. Go see Caido, see what it has to offer..”
The in-between is mine
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

It is how gods work. Even though Safrin had been incredibly kind to her, she knew some of the things that happened with Ronin and Sunjata. "We are… Whether we want to be or not." Maeve murmurs, a sigh pushing past her lips as she relaxes against the pillows. "You wanted to get out. This seemed like the best way to do it at the time. Plus, you got out before monsoon season. Lucky you." She laughs quietly, leaning into him and trying her best to keep him from getting too caught up in his thoughts.

She tells him all that Safrin has asked her to do. Even going so far as to ask for his help in completing one if the tasks, but she catches the way the muscles in his jaw feather. Maeve reaches up, cupping his cheek, thumb brushing across his jaw lightly. The smile is fake and she sees right through it. They might not know each other that well yet, but she's good at reading people. "Hey… You don't have to help if you don't want to." Except Maeve is pretty sure it's not because he doesn't want to help. If anything it's because of what she asked for. He had offered to train her before he left. How could she have forgotten. "I want your help, Locke.."

Maeve can't help the laugh that bubbles up in her throat and she presses closer to him until she's almost flush against him now. His warmth seeps into her skin through the fabric of her dress and she sighs softly, "I guess it is pretty obvious, huh?" Maeve hums, drawing her bottom lip between her teeth as he presses his face into the crook of her neck. The hand on his chest shifts to fidget with the buttons of his shirt, managing to get one loose so her fingers can find the warm skin underneath. "Some, yeah.. My legs are pretty strong. Bet I could outrun you." She teases, grinning as his breath warms the side of her throat.

"We didn't, but we can fix it now. I want to know about you. Just as much as you want to know about me. I wasn't lying when I said I liked you." Maeve murmurs, fingers of her free hand slipping into his hair, nails scratching lightly at his scalp. He might feel like he's playing second fiddle, but he isn't. She's accepted that Sunjata will never be hers. Which is fine. He isn't hers. Locke though? Locke could be hers and she could be his. He draws her hand away from his chest, pressing a kiss into her palm, "I'm sore. They patched me up really good. Only a little bruising left." She knows he won't hurt her. Not on purpose.

Maeve huffs softly, shaking her head, "Yeah, I do, but not like that. Very specific situations." She feels his smile against her skin and his arm tightens around her, drawing her into him and she goes willingly, letting her body mold easily against his as if it was made to fit there. His words make her shiver and her eyes flutter shut, head tilting back slightly to expose more of her throat to him. "What is it?" The question comes out with a hitched breath as his teeth nip at her skin. Her belly stirs with a new heat and anticipation at being able to have this little secret of his. Something just for her.

It's something. He's going to come back with her. Maybe stay with her for a little while. He'll help her rebuild. Help her heal. They'll take care of each other. Explore together. Until he decides he wants to go somewhere else. "I'm glad you're coming back with me. I really did miss you. Even with all the distractions." Maeve murmurs, drawing back slightly so she can look at him with soft eyes, truth visible in the green of her irises. Her cheeks flush at his compliment and the following statement. Maeve rolls her eyes in return, "Did you not get laid a single time since you left? Gods, everything I say seems to give you a nice little fantasy to imagine for a bit." She mutters, but there isn't any heat in her voice. A smile plays at the corners of her lips, giving her away. "I'd like that.."
These violent delights
Have violent ends
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE

Whether we want to be or not? Not if he has something to say about it. Which he probably doesn’t. ”I’m glad she was kind to you though. And thank you for offering to come with me. No idea why I’d go to a shrine but I can’t imagine it’d be good.” An almost laugh bubbles up in his chest, something like a scoff but not. ”Guess so. And Ronin is nice. And I’ve met some other pretty cool people. You’d like Sera, I think.” He can’t see why she wouldn’t actually.

He can’t help but lean against her hand when she brushes her thumb across his cheek. As insecure and stupid as he’s feeling, he’s as touch starved as ever. ”No, I want to help. I just..” A pause as he bites his own lip, mimicking her unintentionally.”There’s a lot of reasons you could be killing something and they’re all gonna.. feel different. Killing an animal for food feels different than killing someone out of self-defense or just.. Killing them because you’re.. pissed.” Pissed doesn’t describe the emotion he wants  to convey but it’s fine. She gets the point. ”Why does she want you to do all of this anyway? I know it’s for a quest but.. Why?

They’re smooshed together on his little cot and he wishes they were anywhere else. Or at least somewhere more properly private. Not that he’s planning on doing more than cuddling but Maeve seems to have other ideas, maybe. Her hand is fiddling with the buttons of his shirt and it’s distracting. ”I dunno. I’m pretty fast. Spent a long time running from the people I’ve pissed off..” He bites her skin in some kind of mock retaliation. ”But I’d happily let you crush me with your thighs..” He’s trying to ignore that sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach. She wants him. She’s here. What does he have to be so insecure about?

”Mm, I know. There isn’t a lot to know about me, Mae. Not really. Don’t even have a favorite color.” Although it seems he has a soft spot for green these days. A soft groan escapes him as her nails rack across his scalp. It sends little tingles down his spine and he curls against her more, pressing a kiss into her neck. ”M’glad. Maybe I can give you another massage. Won’t get all weird this time, promise.” He has no intention of leaving, of treating her that way. She was never just a whore to him, not then and especially not now.

”Care to tell me what those very specific situations are?” He has a feeling he’s not getting out of.. Whatever this building heat is. Which is fine. It’s better than whatever else he’d been feeling. Especially as she tilts her head for him, exposing more pale skin for him to ruin. He gives her a bite first, then sucks a mark into her skin. ”You have to promise not to laugh, okay?” He doesn’t wait for an answer though, his lips brushing against her ear. ”It’s Loxley. Like the hero from the story.” It was his mom’s favorite. She had tried to read it to him when he was little. He nuzzles into Maeve’s neck, nipping at her skin as one of his hands finds her leg. He bunches her dress up as he drags his nails over her skin. ”Don’t tell anyone, okay?”

”Have gotten laid.” Like once, but still. He has. ”Just depraved is all. And if you tell any man that you think another sexy woman is into you, he’s gonna get the same idea. Well, unless they’re gay.” He says it very matter-of-factly as he hooks her leg over his thigh. ”Plus, you’re the one sneaking your hand under my shirt. What if we get caught?” Locke’s voice is barely a whisper hissed into her ear. He’s teasing of course. It is a legitimate concern but since when have either of them really cared about getting caught?
The in-between is mine
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

”You don’t have to, of course. Just if you ever had a need to, I’d go with you.” Maeve murmurs, offering him a soft smile before their conversation drifts towards his time here. She nods in agreement. Ronin is nice. Stormbreak is nice. If not a bit strict. ”If you like her then I likely will too. I haven’t gotten out much since I’ve been here. I’ve been resting.” Locke leans into her touch and she lets out a breath of relief that she hadn’t realized she was holding. She meets his gaze, nodding slowly in understanding. It is different and it doesn’t make much sense. Not without all the context. ”Well… She said that she needed to know that I wouldn’t hinder those I went to help. The quest is to get an item that will allow me to teleport to anyone, anywhere, at any time. I asked her for the ability to be there for those who needed me. I guess… I guess she wants to know that I won’t make it harder by being there.” Maeve finally says, releasing her bottom lip and looking up at him from beneath her lashes.

There isn’t any space between them on his little cot. The barracks are quiet around them. Nothing but their voices filling the space as the nuzzle together in this little nook. She’s not exactly trying to start anything, but her fingers wander, popping buttons and seeking out warm skin to press against as his teeth find her neck, nipping at sensitive flesh. Maeve shivers, breath catching in her throat, ”Should race me sometime… See who would win.” She huffs out, a faint laugh pushing past her lips as she bares more of her neck to him, ”I’m not that strong.”

Another hum pushes past her lips, breaking the quiet of the room as her nails scratch lightly at his scalp and her fingers find the warmth of his chest, trailing over silvery scars that litter still tan skin. ”There are things to know about you. Tell me something. Anything.” She encourages, voice dropping into something sweet and enticing as his groan echoes against the stone walls before his lips press against the column of her neck. ”Cross your heart?” Maeve breathes, eyes fluttering closed as she presses closer to him even though it’s not really possible with how little space is already left.

”I could or you could guess… That sounds like more fun to me.” She purrs, giving in to the growing heat between them. She’s missed him. More than he might have realized. Even with all the distractions. Right now she was here with him and it did wonders for her. Maeve hisses out a breath as his teeth sink into her skin, marking the unmarred flesh anew. Virgo faded all of her bruises. Including the ones Sunjata had left behind. Now it was bare just for him. ”I promise.” The Madame vows, fingers slipping down his chest to find the remaining buttons of his shirt, undoing those too until it’s hanging loosely around his torso. Loxley. She likes it. A lot. So much. It’s somehow soft and strong all at once. The skin of her thigh is exposed to the cool air of the room as he rucks up her dress to run fingers over pale skin, nails teasing along her flesh. She shivers, pulse fluttering in her throat, ”I won’t tell. Our little secret.”

He draws her leg over his thigh, molding them together as he presses his body against her own. She licks her lips as his breath hisses out against her ear, the words somehow a warning and a challenge all at once. Maeve’s fingers tighten in his hair and her hips press forward, ”So what if we get caught? Like others haven’t done this before us… I missed you. Didn’t you miss me, Loxley?” Maeve uses his real name, letting it roll off her tongue in a soft purr.
These violent delights
Have violent ends
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
Mature Content Warning 
LOCKE

He mostly drops the god talk, keeping her offer in the back of his head. Some part of him doesn’t want to find out why he’d want to go to a shrine. ”There’s a temple here too, maybe we can see it before we leave..” Sera had told him about Gideon and he’ll admit he’s at least been curious. Then she’s explaining her quest more fully to him and he’s nodding along. That makes sense. “I suppose that makes.. Sense. In a way. I’ll think of something. I’m sure I can help you figure out this killing thing.” After all, he’s not a stranger to it himself. He leans forward and presses a soft kiss to her lips. ”I doubt you’ll make it harder.. You make things easy actually.” It’s easy to want her, to take care of her, to hold her. Sure, things could’ve been harder between them, but they weren’t. She made that easy too.

She keeps popping the buttons of his shirt and he can’t find it in himself to stop her. He’d be lying if he said he didn’t miss this, miss her. He’s had other partners and likely will have more in the future but she’s special. At least for now. He bites her again, more properly this time, intent on leaving a mark. He never felt the need to hide them before but he was careful. This time? He has no reason to. Who else is she visiting? Who else’s bed would she be crawling into? Sunjata isn’t here and she has no other marks. Not that he cares if she finds herself in someone else’s bed. ”Mm, I’ve got good endurance, Mae… A sprint? You might win. A proper race though? All me.” He’s not sure if he’s talking about running anymore either. ”We’ll have to test that.. I’m happy to offer my services..”

A soft hiss escapes his lips as her fingers drag across tender scars. Some are fresh, ones she’s never seen before. He wonders if she’d notice. At her request, he growls softly, nipping at her ear again. ”The oldest of eleven, I think. Was born in a brothel.” Another growl as he shifts against her. He doesn’t want to talk anymore. Talking isn’t his thing. The hand on her thigh grips her tighter, pulling her flush against him so he can roll his hips against her’s. There’s another shift as he draws his hand out from between them, hastily crossing his heart before kissing her properly, licking into her mouth. ”Promise..” Muttered against her lips before he takes them again.

”How about I just try to find out myself..” He shifts so he’s sitting up more, leaning over to run his tongue along the other side of her neck. There’s no marks here and that’s just not okay. Especially since she doesn’t laugh at his name. He feels open and exposed but it’s fine. He can trust her with this, right? She won’t tell anyone he doesn’t want to be told. ”Course I missed you, Mae.. So much..” Locke nuzzles into her, pressing a kiss to her pulse. Everything feels like it’s happening too quickly and too slowly at once. But if she doesn’t mind getting caught, neither does he. Especially when she says his name. It earns her another groan and a proper roll from his hips.

”Please. I’ll be gentle. Missed you so much..” He doubts sex will help with the straight up overwhelming amount of emotion he’s feeling at the moment but it might. Might make it worse. Who knows. He just knows he’s willing to give it a chance. ”Need you.” A whispered confession against her ear as his hand tucks between her thighs.
Why follow me to higher ground?
Lost as you swear I am?
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Mature Content Warning 
Maeve

Maeve doesn’t want to talk about it anymore either. She’s tired of thinking about gods. She’s tired of thinking about her quest. Why focus on that when she’s here with him? He’s warm pressed against her and all she wants to do is to focus on this newly budding relationship between them. On getting to know him all over again. ”There are some things I make harder.” She teases, lips curling into a smirk as he keeps his face tucked into the curve of her throat.

He makes no move to stop her this time. He lets her fingers continue to work his buttons loose until his chest is bared to her. Teeth find home in the slender column of her throat, making her gasp as her head falls back, exposing more of her skin for him to mark as he wishes. There isn’t anyone to care about the marks that colored her skin. Not that anyone would have before, but she knew he was mindful of leaving too many. Maeve doesn’t have any plans to crawl into anyone else’s bed for the time being. Like he already knew, Sunjata wasn’t here right now. There was no one else vying for her attention except for him. ”We’ll just have to see. I might surprise you.”

Her blood sings at the sound of his hiss as her fingers trace over fresh pink scars. Maeve’s touch is feather light, barely applying any pressure as fingertips trail across skin she’s not had the chance to explore in some time. The heat in her belly begins to build, spurred on by his growls that punctuate the air, teeth tasting her skin as he arches into her. His hips slot between her thighs the best they can in this position, pressing against her through the thin fabric of her undergarments as her dress bunches up between them. ”Makes sense why you’re so comfortable in them.” She breathes, but before she gets much chance to say more his lips are finding hers, tongue pushing into her mouth to slide against her own and Maeve groans softly, chasing his lips when he draws back.

That’s a fine idea too. Maeve has no doubt that he’ll be able to figure it out. The Madame finds her way to her back, head tilting back against the thin pillow as his tongue licks a heated path along the side of her throat. Her hands run up his arms and down his sides, one curls at his hips, drawing him against her as she encourages the way his hips rock against her. A soft moan pushes past her lips as her other hand finds its way into his hair, tugging gently as he presses a tender kiss to her pulse where it flutters beneath thin skin. She’s just as eager as he is. Just as desperate. She missed him so much. This doesn’t feel the same as it does with Jata. There is more emotion here. Something raw and open that they’re both lost in.

”I know you will… I missed you too.” Maeve murmurs, tugging him back up so she can kiss him again. She doesn’t hesitate to lick into his mouth, cupping his jaw as she deepens the kiss with a tilt of her head. Her thighs fall open for him easily and she rocks to meet his touch, ”You have me..”
These violent delights
Have violent ends
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
Mature Content Warning 
LOCKE

”Seriously? What are you, twelve?” But she’s right. She does make some things harder.. Especially him. She still gets a laugh from him as he shifts over her, properly caging her in his arms as he looks down at her. He can already feel the faint burn on his lips from kissing. He kind of likes it though. The little noises she makes reawaken something in him. He’d loved them before but now? Now that he doesn’t have to hide or pretend? It’s something otherworldly. He might actually have to go pray to Frey after this.

The angle gives him a better view of the marks he’s left on her. There’s still more on one side than the other but it’s fine. He’s got other places to leave marks. It might be a tinge of possessiveness coming out. Sure, he’s happy to share but she’s still his. And maybe someday he’ll be brave enough to tell her that himself. Maybe she’ll figure it out herself. Locke is, however, done talking. He presses another kiss to her lips and it would be chaste if he wasn’t trying to figure out how to get her underwear off at the moment. Or at least out of the way enough for him to get things done.

Once he’s done, he starts to undo his belt with one hand while he leans over to find a condom with the other. He knows she takes something but he’s not sure if she’s been able to take it with the whole Halenani collapsing thing. ”Sorry if you were expecting something more.. Than a quickie.. Don’t know how long we have.” Sure he’s planning on leaving but he’s not planning on getting kicked out. One hand rolls the condom on while the other slides up her thigh, lightly pressing against her core. His thumb finds her clit and he leans down to kiss her again, eager to devour all the little sounds she makes for him.
Why follow me to higher ground?
Lost as you swear I am?