Age: 36 | Height: 6'4 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship:
Level: 0 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 4 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
AEDION
the moral of the story is,
i will gut you if i need to.
He has been falling for what felt like years. Over and over and over again, flipping here and there, his figure pulled and changed and shifted time and time again. He doesn’t know how many worlds and how many places he’s fallen through, the only thing he knows in his mind is that he’s no longer home. His home has been taken over by darkness, crumbled into the dark, locked beneath a key that had been tossed into the endless abyss. He remembers his feathers, his great mighty wings, and how he’d flown and flown for so long that the wind breathed his name every time they met. But he also remembers the thick furs of his home, of his anger and how he’d shift and be stuck to the ground, unable to taste the wind on his tongue.

Over time, even the wind forgot his name.

He became bitter, remembering the taste of revenge on his tongue and how he wishes he could have done more in his time. How he could have fought for his family who had been needlessly butchered. How he could have lived a savior among his people, and finally learned to control his anger. But all the could haves in the world were all for naught as Aedion fell through worlds. For some, it was a step from one world to another. For others, unlucky like he, it was a slip. A trip and suddenly everything changed. The worlds were different, his form taking different shapes. His wings completely gone, the wolf form of his also gone.

Eventually, Aedion doesn’t know how long it’s been, he hits the ground. He falls like a fallen angel, though his wings are nowhere to be seen. Instead, he’s ungraceful, twisting through the air with his eyes closed as though he’s expecting to find himself in hell and he’s welcoming it with open arms. His body hits the ground, breaking the arm off of a statue in his descent. But surprisingly, Aedion doesn’t feel pain. Instead, there’s a memory that hitting the stone with such a force would really fucking hurt, but as he thinks of it more, there’s nothing.

He sits up, taking his head into his hands, clutching his long dark hair. His chest heaving as he works to catch his breath before he looks up into the dark night, spotting the moon in an unfamiliar world he finds himself in. He tries to orient himself with the stars of the north, but the stars here are different too. The only thing he can do is pick himself up, attempting to figure out why he’s so sluggish as he clenches his teeth and raises himself from the debris.
i will carve my way out,
with only my teeth.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
ISLA
evil is a point of view
Isla watched the whole thing from the shadows of one of the ruined domiciles. She needed very little sleep, she found, since her Ascension, and even if she wanted it she doubted she would have found any rest. Things were growing more and more complicated within the Hollowed Ground. There was, on the air, a sense of anticipation. A sense of waiting for something. So when she was meant to sleep, she walked instead.

She winced on the stranger's behalf as he hit the ground, having thought for a fraction of a second that she might have been able to... what, catch him? Maybe her new body would have been capable of such a feat, especially in the dark, but she hadn't thought of testing it out.

Still, he was likely dead from a fall like that. So when he sat up and looked at the moon, she was very interested indeed. A step forward and she moved quicker than she shadows, bleeding in and out of the darkness at a speed that was simply unnatural.

"Don't move too much," she cautioned, calling out in a soft voice and tucking a lock of fair hair out of her face. "I'm a doctor - you... do you know where you are?" It struck her, suddenly, that this might be one of the ways people arrived in Caido.
Aedion Reszo

Change author:
AEDION
He doesn’t know he has an audience. As far as he’s concerned, it’s night out and the world is bathed in darkness as he falls. He’s lucky to remember anything these days. Yet as he tries to rise, his head held in his hands before stealing a glance to the moon, he hears her. Her voice is soft and it pings at something horrible within him that causes him to clench his teeth more, his jaw line rippling with the movement. Eventually, he’s not sure how long it takes, he removes his hands from his head. His hair is a mess, wind torn and ruffled as he looks to the owner of the voice.

I’m a doctor.Isla announces, and he grinds his teeth slightly in response – only now realizing that the one part of the wolf heritage of his has traversed worlds with him. Suddenly, he realizes he has fangs and will forever remain in a wingless state. His azure gaze narrows slightly on her as she approaches, asking if he knows where he is. He wants to shake his head, but there’s a pounding feeling and a weakness within that he’s certain will cause him to be sick with the motion.

Hell?” His voice is rough and deep as it croaks out of him. It’s meant to be a joke, but there’s a part of him that’s certain this is what it is. “I’ve been… falling… A long time.” He groans as he moves, not a lot of movement but enough to cause him to immediately need to close his eyes. One of his hands clutches his side instinctively, his chest heaving with the movement. He isn’t sure what else to say – he’s not sure he can even say anything else. He’s weak and hurt, and he hates himself for it. He hates himself for a lot of things. But more so, this.
i will carve my way out,
with only my teeth.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
ISLA
evil is a point of view
As he continued to move and to show more clear signs of life, Isla approached on careful feet. She had been lucky to arrive in this place alongside many of the people she knew; if she had tumbled into a new reality like this stranger had done, she doubted she'd have been quite so well-adjusted. Hell? he asked, and her brow furrowed, not recognising the word. "I'm not sure where that place is," she said slowly, "but you are in the Hollowed Ground, in a land called Caido."

Her pebble blue eyes flicked up towards the dark sky and the distant moon, then around to the ruins he'd landed within, and if he allowed she would approach further to lean down before him. "Well for better or worse, it looks as though you've finally landed," she said with a weak smile, arching an eyebrow at the flash of fangs as he clenched his teeth.

"Oh, an Ascended?" she asked, before frowning at the way he clutched at his side. "Do you hurt? You... what I mean to say is that you ought not to feel any pain."
Aedion Reszo

Change author:
AEDION
She tells him she doesn’t know what Hell is and he finds his eyes fluttering to look upon her face. He thinks that hell is universal, a place of eternal suffering that terrible people endure until the end of time. But there’s no room to interject, nor would the pounding in his head allow him to do much of anything. She tells him that this place is called Caido and the specific place he’s fallen in is called the Hallowed Ground. Suddenly Aedion thinks he’s fallen into some kind of joke. There’s a huff of a grunt from him in response, but he catalogues it away anyway. It would probably be useful to know more about this place, more so the ability to leave at some point.

She looks to the moon, then, and he follows her gaze briefly before she’s moving to lean before him. His jaw clenches again and he flashes his teeth slightly like a wounded wolf. But there isn’t much he can do, he knows that much at least. He finally lets down his guard as he mentions he’s finished falling and his head lowers slightly, his hair hiding parts of his face from her. He isn’t sure how to respond? Certainly he should be dead after a fall like that, but there’s surprisingly no pain – just a sudden pounding in his head and this horrible weakness he can’t quite place how to fix.

She calls him a name, then, and his gaze slips from the spot in the pebbled ground to look back st her, a look of confusion crossing his face. What did that name mean and why shouldn’t he feel pain? His hand flexes on his side and he flashes her a fanged wolfish grin though he doesn’t feel it through. It doesn’t match his eyes. “What does ‘Ascended’ mean?” He begins, before he focuses on her briefly. “I’m not… hurt… I don’t think. Just… weak.” He stumbles over the ability to admit it. His eyes leave her face to look back at his surroundings, his eyes narrowing slightly at the dark surroundings. If she knew what he had been changed into, perhaps it wasn’t a fault to ask. But he’s uncertain, and while he’s weak and confused he realizes she could take advantage of him. It goes against everything he’s learned in his life, but he tries to focus on the positives – however hard it is. She is a doctor after all.
i will carve my way out,
with only my teeth.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
ISLA
evil is a point of view
Isla watched him carefully, as if trying to pick out any signs of concussion or memory loss or other issues, her elbows leant gently upon her knees and her coat flared out on the ground behind her. The fanged grin earned a crooked smile from her in return, a gesture that was becoming increasingly easy to give. It flashed, for a second, her own pointed canines, and she picked her words carefully as she tried to come up with an explanation.

"Ascended is what you are - from what you have said, anyway. It is what I am as well; a stroke of luck, actually, given who else might have come upon you." And what he might have done to them, if the fall had taken enough out of him.

"Ascended are... like people. But better, in certain ways," she said slowly. "People fall into this place all the time, like you have... I did too, not so long ago. It's a long and difficult story. Would you come with me? I work at an infirmary not far from here. It would be better than explaining here."

So saying, Isla rose to her feet and held out a hand to offer to help him up.
Aedion Reszo

Change author:
AEDION
As she returns his smile, he can’t help but notice a similar fanged appearance to her own canines. We’re the fangs a marker? Is that what determined the differences paired with the inability to feel pain? He’s confused for a moment, but it passes as realization takes way. If she is the same as he, then perhaps she has a better understanding of why he feels the way he does. Maybe she knows how to fix him, to make him feel better than he did before. After all, in her words they’re better than regular humans. And the deep part within him that craves his old bloodlust is pleased with that idea. But he attempts to nod to her either way.

Aedion had never been lucky, but he doesn’t voice any of those concerns. He was already brought so low after crashing upon this earth, he doesn’t want to add to the tempest in his chest. Heaving a sigh, he looks back to Isla and notices her face fully now. She’s beautiful, and there’s a part of him that appreciates just that. It reminds him of better days, before everything had happened to turn him sour and dark and deadly. He gives her another fanged grin, as he takes her hand, but he realizes quickly that the usual way he could feel things has been tampered. His dark brows furrow slightly in more confusion, but he uses her help to stand on shaky legs.

One of his hands returns to his head, running through his hair as though it were intentional and not trying to sooth that continuing pounding in the back of his mind. But he begins to walk, his first few steps on two legs, ready to follow her wherever she’s located to learn more about the Ascended and the world around them. His hand still grips at his side, though there’s no pain. Old habits die hard, after all. He turns to look at her for a moment before clearing his throat. “I suppose I should learn your name before you take me to your infirmary?” It’s a sorry excuse for a joke, but he attempts to crack a smile to her. “I’m Aedion.” He offers a bit quieter, looking back to the way they were headed.
i will carve my way out,
with only my teeth.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
ISLA
evil is a point of view
Isla would have struggled, once, to help pull him to his feet, but especially with the blessing of the night upon them, she got him on two legs with relative ease. Letting him go, she watched for a moment as if to make certain he would be alright to walk, before falling into step with him. She couldn't help but notice the way he favoured one side even though he didn't need to, the medic stifling a smile to herself. She had been exactly the same in the first few days. At realising she'd not even introduced herself, she glanced back to the not-so-stranger.

"Where are my manners? I'm Isla," she said, smiling to him again. "It's good to meet you, Aedion, though I wish it had been in better circumstances for you." Turning, Isla cast her eyes ahead through the ruins as they headed for the infirmary. "You might notice you can see in the dark easily, if you weren't able to before," she remarked. "...Do you remember where you came from? What was the last thing you were doing?"
Aedion Reszo

Change author:
AEDION
In certainty, he didn’t need to favor anything. But it was hard to break it, in a new world and a new body. He finds it difficult to try and fit in where he had before. He offers her a slightly grateful smile even as his pride withers away in his chest as he helps him up, and then they’re walking. His voice is rough as he introduces himself, but finds himself looking around at the ruins and casting a glance back at the statue he had crashed into, grimacing lightly at the arms that had been sheared off. When he turns back to face forward and follow her lead, his head tilts as she speaks.

Isla.” He repeats, the name unique on his tongue. It should be easy to catalogue that away too. He huffs a quiet laugh in response to her words and shrugs his shoulders lightly, doing his best to ignore the consistent pounding. It gets easier the more he has something else to focus on. “Me too.” He manages to say before falling silent and letting her speak. She tells him it’s easier to see in the dark, but Aedion doesn’t really notice. He had been almost entirely a wolf in his last home, and he had found the darkness to be his friend. The sun had hardly shown on his skin or his fur back then, and he had grown accustomed to it. Nevertheless the less, he nods in agreement to her, remaining silent still as she asks him what he remembers. And what did he remember?

He strains a bit to think, there had been snow and a crumbled kingdom he’d called home, a small creature he had bribed into infiltrating those that murdered his family. He grits his teeth quietly as he envies his past self and the wings that could have taken him far away had he only known. He turns to Isla then with a light shrug. “I remember hunting… Then everything went dark. I’ve been falling from there since, changing shapes and shifting in strange ways.” He admits, a bit sheepishly at first. “I had wings, but I could shift into a wolf. It seems all of that has left me except for these.” He pauses to run his tongue along the ranges canines. But then, he shrugs again. “I have lived a life of vengeance and justice, yet none of that matters here. I’m not… sure what to do now, where that leaves me.” He admits quietly, head turning away from her to state along the walkway.

All of that hard work and diligence gone in a second. He no longer lived in the Rift with the darkness and a god that cared about fixing the world. He no longer lived in a world where other gods had come to destroy them. Vengeance for his parents were pointless now. These people weren’t the ones that killed them, and where did that leave him? He’s in a stalemate of what his life means now. For all that time it had been focused, and now… now there’s nothing.
i will carve my way out,
with only my teeth.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
ISLA
evil is a point of view
Isla listened carefully as Aedion explained - as best he could, anyway - just what had happened to him to bring him tumbling into Caido. A soft frown drew her eyebrows together, and a harsh winter's breeze sent her fair hair lifting about her head like a halo, but the cold didn't seem to touch her.

As they left the ruins the snow began to grow less dense underfoot, though it had become packed into ice by footsteps in places. "The infirmary is just up ahead," she told him, and soon enough the Temple appeared in the night, illuminated from within by soft candles and lanterns.

"When I arrived, people I knew arrived alongside me," she said. "Perhaps someone you recognise will turn up? For now... I wish I could give you answers, but I'm afraid I don't have any for you. The Hollowed Ground is a strange place... there is a barrier, preventing anyone from leaving. There are people trying to change that, though."
Aedion Reszo

Change author:
AEDION
Only now does he notice the way the wind whips back toward them, ruffling his dark hair. His eyes scan the world around him to notice that it’s snowing too, yet he doesn’t feel it. His hands clench before he releases it, wondering how he can’t feel anything despite only wearing a pair of boots, a pair of pants, and a ruffled, hole riddled shirt. He wonders if it’s because of the change, and how Isla had mentioned it made them better. He scans the snow briefly before casting a glance to his fair headed companion as she remarks that they’re close now. “Good,” he thinks, imagining that if it were much further the weariness he feels would allow him to collapse. He breathes quietly now, noticing the breath pull in a fog before his eyes. It’s a marvel to him, the change it had granted him. Suddenly he feels quite powerful, but with no direction he has no idea where that leaves him – in a stalemate of what his life means. It’s a weary thought, and he sighs quietly again, watching his breath before his eyes.

He listens to her speak, and finds some comfort in the idea. He could care less about a majority of the inhabitants, but he hopes that smaller man named Korri was okay, wherever he was. He nods to her in response, shoulders rolling in a quiet shrug. “My family was killed long ago, I don’t have anyone I think I’d recognize.” He offers her, perhaps a bit sad in the way it’s stated. He’s not sure what compels him to tell her so much about him, except for the fact that they’re so similar. He grinds his teeth again, pushing aside that feeling from within that something terrible was bound to happen. But she continues to speak and he listens, his eyes shadowed as he looks back to her. The barrier seems familiar to him, he remembers living outside of one for a while before the Rift had thrust him back in the middle, back to fighting for the light to return to his home and his family’s graves.

They reach the infirmary and he waits patiently (something he had never been known for in his previous life) for Isla to open it and allow him in. In the meantime, he tries to figure out what to say in response. It feels shallow of him to ask if anyone’s tried. Certainly they would have, otherwise how did they know it kept them in? He looks back to her with an inquisitive look. “Is there something protecting the barrier? Perhaps that is where the barrier draws its power?” He ponders aloud. “Destroy the power source and problem fixed?” He adds thoughtfully. In the Rift, it had been a matter of putting light into the dark, to push away the dark entity that swallowed the other lands entirely. But here, it seemed almost too archaic for what surrounded him. Sure, there were ruins, but there was something about the way he’d been changed that made him think that perhaps this place was far more advanced, and the thing keeping them in the bubble were similar in that regard.
i will carve my way out,
with only my teeth.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
ISLA
evil is a point of view
They came upon the Temple within the next few minutes, Isla pushing open the large doors and holding them aside for her companion. They would pass through the small anteroom with its Notice Board (scattered, still, with a mix of warnings, wanteds, advertisements and the rest) and down a small corridor to the infirmary. It was of course open, though at this time of night all of the patients who needed to stay overnight were sleeping.

Isla made sure to keep her footsteps quiet as she led them into the waiting area, seeing no need to navigate by anything other than the candles already flickering here and there. Both of them could see in the dark; they might as well save the fuel. "Ah," she said softly of his family, lips pressing into a soft line of understanding. "I'm sorry to hear that." Her family, too, were dead - not killed, though. No, it was their kindness, if anything, that had been their undoing.

Thinking it best to give Aedion somewhere to rest while she took a look at him, Isla walked them into one of the treatment rooms; there was a bunk and a couple of chairs. Waving a hand, she invited him to sit or lay down wherever he pleased. "It's funny that you should mention it," she murmured. "There is a large Spire that stands in the centre of this place - you'll likely see it the next time you go outside. A terrible creature roams around it, almost like it is guarding the place. From a... mixture of sources, it's apparent that we need to investigate it further to try and remove the barrier."
Aedion Reszo

Change author:
AEDION
He follows her into the dark as she opens up the temple doors, his eyes adjusting with ease to see in this darker place. Her footsteps are light and he tries his best to keep his soft too, uncertain if there are people sleeping – he would rather not have to explain himself again and again just trying to get to the infirmary. He gnaws on the inside of his cheek lightly, rolling his shoulders as they arrive and she tells him that she’s sorry about his family. There’s nothing that can be done, and before when he had the chance, he had waited too long. It’s something he has to deal with on his own, his broken promises to corpses rotting in unmarked graves worlds away. Still, he follows her form until they come across a room and she gestures for him to sit or lay.

He glances to her for a moment as he sets himself down, still interested in the idea of the barrier and the power source. He thinks he should take a look at it in the morning – unaware that the sun will be detrimental to him. He thinks he’s normal for what happened to him, despite the certainty of dying when he crashed through that statue and coming away relatively unharmed, even if his mind is the one faltering the most. His eyes drift from her to the room around them and the warmth he’s certain he should feel in this room, but he doesn’t, and he’s not sure if it’s real or some kind of strange dream. He wonders if he’s still falling and it’s a way of his mind coping. It all seemed so surreal, anyway. But Isla speaks again, and his eyes drift back to her with their steel hues as he focuses on her again.

She speaks of a creature that guards it and it causes a small smirk to grow on his face as he recalls himself once upon a time as a protector to his castle in the north. “Hmm.” He responds, not sure what to say to that. But it gives him an idea, a purpose of sorts to try and work with the others to get rid of the barrier. If for nothing else but the solitude that Aedion has always craved. “Do you know what’s out there?” His rough voice reaches her as he tilts his head, his dark hair falling across his forehead with the movement, but his eyes linger on her in an almost predatory way – a remnant of his wolf form that he had for his entire life until now. Maybe it was a better idea to leave the barrier as is, to kill the creature and not attempt other fates lest it cause another reaction like the Rift. How would these people fair if they’d made something of themselves here only to be thrown out to start again? Suddenly Aedion feels a bit of comfort in knowing he’s not alone with unfinished business.
i will carve my way out,
with only my teeth.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
ISLA
evil is a point of view
Once he was seated, Isla moved easily about the room and gathered together a few things before pausing, as if remembering that she was treating a fellow Ascended and not a regular civilian. "Hm? No..." She sighed. "Recently a good friend of mine performed a few experiments out there, and there are rumours of a great, vibrant forest just outside, but I don't know how true that is. Or whether the forest surronds the whole barrier." It was a mystery as intriguing as it was infuriating.

"Still, when the snows melt there is tell of a group that will attempt to slay the creature again. So things may change soon..." Moving to sit in the chair across from him, Isla leant her elbows on her knees. "I was going to examine you, but as an Ascended you ought to be able to do that yourself. If you close your eyes, you should be able to... get a reading, on your body. Where it is hurt and how long it will need to heal. Do you want to give it a try?"