[se] mistakes were made
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1897
Oh, empty my heart
The shovel in her hands was heavy. The chafing discomfort of the handle against gloves a few sizes too big were rubbing blisters into her palms. It was welcome, in a way, as this new pain distracted from the occasional agony that shot through her head. The cut in her forehead - no more than a scabbed over scratch at this point - tugged and strained at her skin in the cold air, and Seren began to wonder if it wouldn't have been better to stay inside, after all. The headache was making her more clumsy even than usual, and her progress down the snow-covered path was slow.

A few more shovel-full's shifted the snow from path to growing pile, and then the girl had to set it down and rest. Again. Too warm now in her borrowed clothes, she pushed the hood down and shook her hair out. With a dazed expression she watched smoke rise from her breath, glittering faintly in the pale sunlight.

How had it come to this? What was she doing here? Visiting Halo had definitely been on her bucket list, but not now. Not like this. Heaving a deep sigh, she winced visibly as discomfort cut through the thoughts. Dizzy, she had to sit down on the snow bank, face in hands; this was not going at all how she had thought it would.
I've got to make room for this feeling
SEREN
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
AISHA
Despite the ever cold of Halo, Aisha's forehead was slick with sweat. Her shoulders were bare except for the straps of her tank top, her woolly furs draped over her arm. She came from the barracks of course, from an intense spar that'd gotten her blood and adrenaline soaring, she couldn't help the smile on her face, the confidence of a win in her step.

She was headed back to the guildhall, but someone shoveling snow caught her eye. A young woman, a freckled face and striking blue eyes. The leopardess didn't mean to stare, but the young woman had sat down, a trace of dizziness or tire in her gait, and buried her head in her hands. Maybe Aisha was nosy, but there was some concern, she jogged to the other side of the street where Seren sat, brows knitted.

She wouldn't intrude in the woman's space, hands on hips, a stray golden curl bounced by her ear as she came to a stop, "Are you okay?"
and it's all in the way that you talk
starts with a whisper
ends with a shout
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Oh, empty my heart
The crunch of boots over snow reverberated through her whole head, so much that Seren gritted her teeth. Looking up as she was addressed, she found a ray of sunlight standing before her. Golden, dazzling, so vibrant that the white-dusted town seemed even more drab and washed out in comparison. Seren smiled in what she hoped was a reassuring way, though her expression was drawn and there were dark shadows under her eyes.

"Yes, thank you. I just... I hit my head a few days ago. Seems I'm not as recovered as I thought." Even saying that, she still tried to get back up on her feet. Sitting down when she should be working felt wrong. Sitting, when this vision of health and vigor stood before her appeared close to blasphemy. She was perhaps not as steady on her feet as she would have liked, and swayed a little where she stood. But stand she did, and reached for the shovel, with every intention of getting back to work.

Even if it was a task given by none but herself, she still would see it done.
SEREN
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Aisha Khai

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
AISHA
The woman looked up to Aisha, there were dark circles under those smiling eyes that betrayed her exhaustion. Aisha wasn't one to fawn and worry, she trusted, or at least hoped, that the woman knew her own boundaries. Still she frowned just slightly when Seren swayed, "Damn, sorry that happened," she replied, watching the woman as she hastened back to her task.

"Well I'm not in a rush, I could help you shovel if you want? Been doing it all season, no big thing," she offered. If the woman thought she could do it alone and didn't want the company, that was fine too. But Aisha was curious of the new face, definitely nosy, she would happily take some time to help in exchange for a good story.
starts with a whisper
ends with a shout
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Oh, empty my heart
"My own fault, really. Got no one to blame, unfortunately." Leaning on the shovel helped steady her. She even managed an air of casual calm, even though Seren mostly just wanted to lie down. There would be a lot of that, later. But the task needed to be completed first.

For a second, Seren thought of declining the offer. Pride, stubbornness and whatnot rejected the idea of being seen as weak. Then she caught herself, and threw a glance up and down the patch of road she had designated for herself. It wasn't long, yet it had taken her nearly an hour to shovel a third of the way.
"If you want to," she replied with a slightly sheepish smile, "I would appreciate the company." She gestured off towards a nearby shed where she had borrowed her shovel, indicating there was more to find there. "Thank you, miss...? I'm Seren Taliesin."
SEREN
Aisha Khai

Change author:
AISHA
Aisha gave a soft chuckle to the reply, remarking "It's like that sometimes." She'd certainly screwed herself before, the most recent example was her curse. It wasn't entirely in her control, but a trip to the shrine at the wrong time had left her cold unable to get warm for an entire season.

The leopardess could tell that the woman was prideful, didn't want to give in to needing help. She recognized that sheepish acceptance, the defiance of her own state, it was something she'd adorned many times in her life. She had no doubt that Seren was entirely capable without the head injury, "Gotta stay warm somehow," she mused, moving to the shed to grab a shovel that leaned against the wall.

Returning to the patch of icy road, introductions were made. The last name was familiar, she'd just recently met with a Taliesin. "Aisha Khai," she filled in the blank, then curious about the other's answer she asked, "Like Remi and Ronin Taliesin?" She had been looking to find the latter, to discuss all things monster hunter.
starts with a whisper
ends with a shout
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Oh, empty my heart
Alright, not too bad. Help acquired, conversation flowing, still standing up. And the sweat that had started to cool beneath her layers (and layers) was incentive enough to get moving again. Seren took a few careful shovel full's of snow - quarter full, really - while the woman collected a shovel, and found that it worked. Slowly and carefully would do it.

"Nice to meet you, Aisha," she replied as the other woman returned, blowing a lock of inky hair from her face. "Yeah, just like them. Ronin is my dad," she explained, with easy pride. It seemed that half the world knew of her father and his husband. As well they should, yet it still surprised Seren to find out just how well known they were. "You know them?" Perhaps it was just through the rumor mill.
SEREN
Aisha Khai

Change author:
AISHA
Aisha got right to work, staking the metal blade into the packed snow, watching it crackle into smaller bits and shift into the concavity. Then she repeated, staking, sifting, and shoveling away to somewhere that the snow could melt, or at least not bother people on their travels. Now Aisha didn't know Ronin yet, and had no idea how old he might be, but still the fact that he was Seren's dad surprised her. Not enough to prompt a question about it though, maybe Remi just liked dilfs, which was entirely understandable.

"I've worked with Remi, but I haven't personally met your dad. A friend of mine told me he used to run a monster hunter's guild like the one I've started here in Halo, I thought I might reach out to him to discuss some ideas, share what we know. Do you know where a letter might reach him?" she asked, taking opportunities where she could.
starts with a whisper
ends with a shout
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Oh, empty my heart
Not simply rumors, as it turned out. Cocking her head as she listened, Seren found herself brimming with questions herself. "Really? Where was that, what did you work on?" she asked, having no qualms about being nosy. "And what kind of things do you call 'monsters'? Dad's in Stombreak, we live there. If..." Biting her lip, the girl looked away, then down at her feet. "If you're sending a letter, do you think you could.. you know, mention that you saw me? That I'm alright? He doesn't know I'm here..."

And she wasn't supposed to be. Gods, how many days had she been gone now? They were piling up, closing in on weeks. Too long. He must be worried sick by now.

Feeling more than a little guilty, she hacked away at the snow with more fervor. Aisha's method to clearing the trail seemed a lot more efficient than what Seren had been doing. After sneaking a few glances, she began to repeat the motions. Staking. Sifting. Shoveling away. Snow was a curious substance, really. Solid as rock, pebbly as gravel, fine as sand and yet all water. "What we really need here is a few dragons," she muttered under breath.
SEREN
Aisha Khai

Change author:
AISHA
"Just returned from a trip to the Greatwood, helping Remi and the Fae build defenses," she answered, digging into her work with her usual level of focus. Aisha was an avid multitasker, conversation would not be sacrificed for the task, and vice versa. "Anything really, we research any flora and fauna in Caido that we can find to try and find ways to coexist or combat them," she explained, proud of what she'd started, and of the little blurb she'd worked to perfect for moments like this.

Her cheery expression hardened at the mention of Stormbreak, then the request. She'd heard rumors about Stormbreak, but had never met anyone who hailed from there. And then there was empathy for the woman and her troubles, she nodded, "Of course..." she paused, "you have a place to stay right? Someone's been taking care of you I guess?"

Dragons, that caught her attention again, pulling her gaze from the slushy pile of snow, "They have dragons in Stormbreak?" They certainly had dragons here, but Halovians did not speak nearly as fondly of them. It'd been a topic brought up often with the guild, to look into protections against the massive elemental beasts. A trip to Stormbreak had just moved higher up on her list of priorities.
starts with a whisper
ends with a shout
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Oh, empty my heart
Seren was too easily distracted for multitasking. As the conversation grew more interesting, her hands slowed in equal measure. "Are the fae still worried about Ascended coming over the borders, then?" she asked, a slight frown creasing her brows. It tugged on the scabbed over cut, and she reached up with absent fingers to make sure it hadn't cracked again. "Or has something new happened, that I haven't heard of yet?" There were definite downsides to having been with her mother for so long. Seren was woefully out of touch with current events.

"Yes, I'm all set like that. It's just... I wasn't supposed to be gone long -" or at all, to be honest " - and then I wound up here, and it's a long way back home..." And she couldn't even go anywhere until her head had stopped hurting. It was an uncomfortable feeling, knowing that she was not where she should be. Rather than shoveling snow in Halo, she should be...

Seren looked up again, grateful to be pulled from the spiral by the question. Grateful to be thinking of anything except how Ronin might react when he found out where she was, and why. "Hm? Yeah, lots of them. The Stormbreak Dragoons are all accepted, or most are, and they all have dragons. I'm supposed to be training to become one. A dragoon, that is, not a dragon."

Though that didn't sound too bad either, let's be real.
SEREN
Aisha Khai

Change author:
AISHA
Seren's question was a bit surprising, it seemed hard to miss the tension between the ascended and the old god's flock, talk of war was every which way Aisha went. She'd assumed it would be in Stormbreak too, considering that was where the leering Order was stationed. "Yeah, nothings really deescalated over the past year," she answered, "I don't think anything big has happened, but the Greatwood already knows their side in the war."

Their shoveling had slowed slightly with the conversation's twists and turns, but Aisha still tried to keep up the task. She gave a nod to Seren's answer, glad that the woman at least had somewhere to stay. It was hard to be stuck so far from home, Aisha damn well knew that, "If you need anything more than a mention in a letter, you'll find me at the monster hunter's guildhall or the shield's barracks," she added in her low vibrato, expression warm and friendly.

The Stormbreak dragoons and their dragons, now that was a new topic. And a fascinating one, all the more reason to visit and see. "Full sized dragons?" she gestured wide with her arms, brows quirked. How could they control such colossal and powerful creatures, when the dragons here wrought death and destruction? "Are they like companions?" bonded creatures? Or were they just mounts and pets, like horses or dogs?
starts with a whisper
ends with a shout
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Oh, empty my heart
Seren nodded sadly, and hacked listlessly into the snow a few times. Her father had said that it looked grim, and this was only further proof that the coming conflict might be unavoidable after all. "What of Halo?" she asked, as she glanced up at Aisha. "Have you taken sides?" Much as it would be nice, it was implausible of any region to believe it could remain neutral in this. Every single person would be affected, no matter what happened. Such was the war between faiths.

Still, she appreciated the hospitality of the people here. The offer was welcome, and the girl smiled gratefully as it was given. "Thank you. I'll be sure to let you know if something does come up. And let me know if dad gets upset... This is all my mess, no one here should take the blame for anything." It wasn't like she had been kidnapped or run away. It was all just a set of very unfortunate events.

"Companions," she confirmed, and measured out Sugar's approximate length. The White was about the size of a housecat, and perhaps not the biggest example, but Seren was most familiar with her. "Mother has promised me one, as soon as I do all the necessary steps. It's going to be blue!" That part still made her excited. Never had the starchild been able to explain why that bit was so important; it just was.
SEREN
Aisha Khai

Change author:
AISHA
It was sad, there was nothing about the coming conflict that excited or thrilled the warrior. Perhaps if there felt like a good reason for it all, but this felt more like a war of hate than a war for anything else. She was not yet tied to either side beyond her attuned tendencies, that alone had her swinging towards the old gods, and yet she was still reluctant to pledge herself to anything. She pat down the snow on their pile as she replied, "Halo is so far neutral, we've aided both sides for different things and I'd like it to stay that way... I know it won't though," there was a hint of bitterness to her tone.

Aisha did give a soft laugh at Seren's response, "No problem."

The dragons were companions, which made more sense that pets anyway. She'd seen some dragon companions before and they'd all been smaller, as was confirmed by Seren's gesture, yet still she was awestruck by the idea of an entire army equipped with dragon partners. They would not be an underestimated force. "I wonder if they weren't companions if they'd end up like the big ass dragons we have here," she thought out.

The way Seren spoke of her mother had Aisha a bit curious, the woman was faintly childlike in mannerism, and yet mature in many other ways. "How do you know what it will be like? Do they have hatcheries or something?" she asked, moving a bit down the road to shovel a more compacted spot.
starts with a whisper
ends with a shout