done and done
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 36 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
awareness is the enemy of sanity
Finn has never partaken when Cian has offered him a cigarette and he isn't about to start now. His pupils are still overlarge from the lingering snapdragon in his system, and he declines politely with his gaze fixed on the fireplace. There are gold spots dancing in his vision, so long has he spent staring at the flames, but it doesn't seem to bother him.

"Hm?" If it had been anyone else - anyone at all - he likely wouldn't have even noticed the details in what Cian has just said. But it isn't anyone else - it's Doctor October Hart, and he would have known in his years of seeing her whether or not she had a child in her life. "I don't understand," he says softly.

Is there anything else, though? Only one thing, perhaps. "The Nightingale has returned, and is a demigod of Frey."
for once you hear the screaming
it never stops
FINN
Cian ó Broin
The Eye

Age: 40 | Height: 5' 9 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: / - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 19 - Int: 2
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
CIAN
the eye
Cian's smile is warm and perhaps even apologetic as he turns toward Finn. "I only meant that often when people have things in common it....it can make coming to an understanding somewhat easier. But Falke's professional abilities likely do merit more weight, and Ronin is perhaps a better match where children are concerned as well." The Eye says casually as if the misunderstanding had been one of relevance, and not complete ignorance on Finn's part.

'I had heard that.' He agrees, placing one hand in his pocket and leaning the other against the mantel where his fingers could still move the cigarette to and from his lips. "Did you have a chance to speak with her, in Torchline?"
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 36 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
"But Doctor Hart doesn't have a child. She and the Governor have nothing in common," Finn says, still puzzled, and he almost hates the way he sounds so invested in this. It gives too much away about himself, about October, about how all of this has worn him so thinly that it's a wonder Cian can't see hi sbones through his skin. And yet he says it anyway, before his teeth clamp around the rest of what almost tumbles out.

Phoebe is a safer topic, awkward as their meeting had been, and Finn nods his head gently. "She was at the Halenani. I spoke to her briefly, but I was unsure where she planned to go from there. All I know is that she has given her title of madame over to Maeve, and she still cares for those who work at the brothel."
it never stops
FINN
Cian ó Broin
The Eye

Age: 40 | Height: 5' 9 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
CIAN
the eye
"I forgot how pedantic you can be." Cian chuckles drly, as if the hangup is on the implication that having a child is different than being pregnant with one. And, in that Finn isn't entirely wrong.

Nodding his understanding, the Eye taps the ashes of his cigarette into the fire. "She has made her way here as well, though I have no idea how long she plans to stay." Shrugging, as if it should be obvious that where Frey demigods were concerned, there was simply no telling, the Eye raises the cigarette again to his lips. 'I doubt she is one who will join the Order, but with enough time, her views of us might change."
Finn Rosencrantz

Change author:
Finn's lips part as if to query more, but he thinks much better of it in the end, gazing down at his hands, at the file in his lap. "Oh," he says, rather unhelpfully, to hear that Phoebe is already in Stormbreak. How she had managed to leave during monsoon season is beyond him, but Finn is not one to question the varied and sometimes surprising skills of demigods. (And he wouldn't be wrong, only it isn't Phoebe whose skills he shouldn't be questioning in this case).

"If we succeed in drawing others to our cause, they are sure to change," he agrees. Approaching war has a way of doing that to people. "Until then, I am sure that Stormbreak will treat her well." And that's pretty much it goes unstead, lending silence to the room that's broken only by the pop and spit of the fire.
it never stops
FINN
Cian ó Broin
The Eye

Change author:
CIAN
the eye
"Alright." Cian says with a nod like any other, and yet this one seems to bring the conversation to a close. "I will look over your report and send word if I need clarification or elaboration." He probably wouldn't, not with how Finn tended to write, but the Eye hasn't missed the state of the Spyglass and if there was any a time when his skills might not be as sharp, it would be now. High and used did not normally make for the most competent combination, but Finn had a way of surprising him.

'As you were then, Finn.' Tossing his cigarette into the fire and walking toward his desk, the Eye takes a seat. "And again, well done. You can't possibly know how much of a difference this has made, but hopefully, you'll see it for yourself, soon."

~FIN