staying positive will help you get through
Chuy <3
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
KIADA

Everything feels like it’s beginning to fall apart, like it’s fraying at the seams. Like no matter how hard she tries to cup her hands together to keep the water within, it still manages to seep out the cracks. There’s an iridescent stain on her sleeve of tears that she’s tried to keep under wraps, tried to control again as she makes her way home, toward Chulane, toward someone else that loved her immensely – but it’s with a bit of a guard, a bit of worry and fear.

That anxiety swirls within her again, as if he might have changed his mind, too. As if he might have chosen the Old Gods, too, and wished for the Voice’s death just as much as Deimos did, with no means of being able to change her outcome. That she’d have to fall again, too.

She shoulders through the door, closing it behind her and stepping in toward the kitchen, keeping her jacket and gloves on just in case. “Chuy?” She asks quietly, afraid that if she speaks too loud that her voice might break and give her away, as if the glimmer of tears in her eyes didn’t already give her away.
am i more than you bargained for yet?
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Ningo Farmer

Age: 30 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 14 - Int:
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
MP: 35
i'm still not sure what i stand for
Another day of supplying the Citadel with its ningo needs completed, and Chuy was home, battling between cooking his dinner in the oven and ensuring the kettle on the stove didn't over boil, and getting Auni fed. As he pottered around he barely heard the door, in fact it wasn't until Auni pulsed a familiar uneasy note of anxiety from his bed in the corner of the living area that the farmer poked his head through the doorway to see Kia.

"Hey babe," he said easily, getting distracted by the whistle of the kettle before he could fully take her appearance and demeanour into account. Quickly turning the stove off and moving the kettle, he was then finally able to give her his full attention - and immediately frowned. The concern was clear as he stepped forward, reaching for her, offering to fold her into his embrace for whatever had caused her upset. "What's wrong?"
why don't we break the rules already?
CHULANE

Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
KIADA

Chuy greets her as easily as he has every day so far when she’s come home. But this time it’s different, because rather than immediately running to him and throwing herself into his arms, she stills by the doorframe to the kitchen. The second he catches her gaze, takes her in, she knows she can’t hide it anymore. Her shoulders slump and she steps forward toward him once he’s opened his arms for her, sagging into his embrace, into the warmth she can pretend is there.

I don’t know what to do.” She manages through a trembling tone, iridescent tears spinning down her cheeks as she stubbornly wipes them off on his shirt from where she presses her face in. “Deimos… Told me that he’s talked with Safrin and they plan to destroy the Voice and…” She manages, not needing breath but finding it difficult to not try and suck down some air to accurately try and feel the way her throat wishes to clench on itself.

If the Voice is destroyed then I am destroyed and…” Her tone ends in almost a question, the tinge of it cut off quickly before it turns into a harsh whine, arms wrapping around Chuy and clutching him to her tightly as she can.
Ningo Farmer

Age: 30 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Change author:
He was there, as he always would be, for her, with her. She had chosen him, had returned to him - he would endeavour to always be there for her, to venture with her wherever she went. Chuy was not ignorant to the Old Gods and New Gods narrative, especially since Kia had returned, and given him a reason to care.

But he hadn't expected what she said. In retrospect, perhaps he should've known that there were few people who could push her to tears, to devastation - Deimos certainly was one of them.

"He.. he wants to destroy the Voice.." he repeated, as if unable to fully believe it. Arms wrapped around her, holding her close, hoping to treasure her, anchor her in this: their home, their togetherness.

Surely Deimos knew the implications, the results of such destruction. Surely he knew that if he were to achieve this, he'd be killing Kia, and all Ascended, and..

"So he's chosen a side then, " soft, low voice murmured from somewhere in her hair, as he simply held her close. He sighed, his chest filling, tightening the embrace they shared. "Kia, I choose you, and I always will," he needed her to know this, hoping she believed him - not really knowing what else to do or say beyond those words.
CHULANE

Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA

Truthfully, she hadn’t expected what she’d heard, either. And it had hit her like a freight train, like a punch through the chest. Perhaps without the sense of touch and smell and taste, the Ascended grew more intense in their emotions, how they felt. It sure felt that way to her as she lets Chulane hold her tightly. His words are a repetition of what she says and she buries her face further into his chest. “Yes.” She manages, a whisper croaked out.

And he says the same thing she’d thought when Deimos had dropped the ball on her. He had chosen a side, and it hadn’t been hers. It had been against the Voice for crimes that Kiada had no part in but had become a victim of, too, but she owed the Voice so much. “He… Told me he’s always chosen that side.” And she hadn’t believed him at first, didn’t want to know the implications of it even if it was in blazing red in front of her eyes.

Her arms tighten around him, clutching him closer as she moves to fall apart – both in relief and sorrow, her heart full for him and broken apart for her family and what it all means. “I… I want to go to Torchline, Chuy.” She mumbles into his shirt, sniffing despite not needing to, pulling her head back to let her tear filled gaze focus on her lover. “Take that trip we talked about… Figure it out.
Ningo Farmer

AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Change author:
Thoughts churned, as Kia mentioned the Swords preferences having always been that of the Old Gods. And he couldn't help but think of all the conversations he'd had, with Deimos and anyone else who'd listen, about the "gods" of his homeland, and the conflicts their supposed existence brought about. It was frustrating, for he saw them as nothing more beings with great power - but then that was a personal internal struggle he was constantly debating with himself about. He wasn't on Earth anymore, magic and "gods" existed, for all intents and purposes.. and the dilemma they faced very much real and life altering.

" I'm sorry, " he said, knowing his words would hardly lift any wires from her countenance. But at least he could empathise. "I wish there was more I could say or do that would make this easier to bear. But the gods of this world.. they use their followers to achieve their selfish whims just like the gods from the old stories on Earth. And they hurt entire races in the process. It's fucked, " he summarises.

Torchline? Chuy knawed at the inside of his cheek as he thought over it. "I don't like the idea of running from a problem, " he began, pausing a moment before continuing, "but maybe some space is just what we need. Will you be OK? It's Longheat, and awfully sunny there? What is the region like towards Ascended?" He pressed a kiss to her forehead, more thoughts churning around within him. He never wanted to let her go, but the world was changing around them, and unless he changed with it, she might get taken from him again.

He had some people he needed to talk to. But they also needed a break; hell, they deserved one.
CHULANE

Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA

Her arms tighten around him as she clings to him, hoping that his arms will be the one space where everything won’t spiral out of control. And even if he thinks that his words won’t soothe her, his apology… It does. Because it helps her know that his words ring true – he’s there for her. For the decisions she’s made and the life she’s chosen to have. He’s chosen her.

Her face buries in his chest again, brushing away the tears into his shirt where it remains soaked through, and when she pulls away her face has an iridescent sheen to it as her brows furrow together. “It is.” She agrees softly, steadying herself with an unnecessary breath.

She suggests Torchline and she waits for the ball to drop, the suggestion that he doesn’t like to run away from a problem and while she’s typically in agreement… She has nothing going on here, nothing to require her to stay and face everything that’s happening when she could be somewhere else, somewhere without a constant reminder.

It should be good...” She pauses, chewing at her bottom lip as she considers it. “Nate’s there, he’s always been nice to me. He’s married to Sunjata so, being married to the Governor should have some perks, right?” She shakes her head, swallowing hard despite not needing to. “I have friends there, too. Adam is there.” Her iceberg gaze lifts to scan his face, mulling over the implications of what going to Torchline might mean.
Ningo Farmer

AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Change author:
Truthfully, the idea of going to Torchline speaks greatly to the Aussie, who longed for a sunny coastal escape like he used to travel to for vacations on his homeland. It was the reason for it that gave him hesitation - he didn't want to leave any unresolved conflicts behind, any issues that should be addressed immediately. But, what more could they do? Short of making an announcement that he thought all the gods of this world were complete twats and hoping that was enough for people to stop letting themselves be their pawns in a game of cosmic chess far greater than any individual, he was all out of ideas.

"Torchline, then." A small smile tugged at his lips as he thought of the beach. "Are you OK to wait till tomorrow evening? Give me a day to make sure the underlings can take care of the farm while we're gone?" he passed, arching a brow in question; before another thought hit him. "How.. how long do you think we'll be away?" Kia hadn't really given a timeline, and he showed it was impossible to give, to know when it might feel right to come back.

He'd follow her to hell and back, he just liked to know what the plan was first.
CHULANE

Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA

Kiada doesn’t have much in the way of qualms against asking for space. If anything, it was quite… Her. Abandoning things when they proved as though she didn’t have a clear ability to win at it. There was no victory here, nothing to consider. For her? If it weren’t for Chuy? She’d have likely already left, written a note and sent it to Hotaru and Deimos with apologies and departed in the middle of the night to the portal and dealt with the rest of it. But she considers Chuy, considers his thoughts on it, sure that they could talk it over some more – but her mind is set.

He agrees, thankfully, and she pulls back to press a kiss to his cheek, to wrap her arms around him tightly, uncaring of how her face appears streaked in tears and her exhaustion. “Yes.” She says softly. She’d wait a day, even a week, so long as it meant she got what she wanted in the end and that was simply not being in the wintery tundra she was born in.

Why did it always seem as though the mountains brought her heartache?

I… Don’t know. When it… Feels right?” She asks with a small frown, pulling away a bit more fully, reaching up to wipe away at her tears, to sniffle despite not needing it. “I don’t know.