[SE] when we were young
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
Ronin Taliesin
they say it's all been done
but they haven't seen the best of me
"Hey!"

Ronin tries not to kick sand at the man he's come to stand over, but he doesn't try very hard. When Sunjata opens his eyes it will be to see the Star standing right in his light, his hands on his hips, in a pair of shorts and nothing else. His shoulders are a deep pink by now, and he looks like he's recently swamped out of the sea, but none of it really compares to his shit-eating grin.

"Governor," he says, pointing directly at the Flood's face, "once upon a time, we made an agreement about a sand castle competition." Ronin barely remembers when, and he really doesn't remember why. But that doesn't matter. "Today is the day we make good on it."

He holds out a hand for Sunjata, that he might help pull him to his feet. This is serious business, and they are serious men with serious roles in the world. Just you watch.

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
but the darker the weather, the better the man
you can take all you want
The storms are over which means he can finally get some sunshine coursing through his skin and bones, bringing warmth and happiness into all the spaces Deepfrost and Flowerbirth had left him feeling hollow. For now, though, a bit of tanning, bringing out the freckles in his face, dragon wings flared to soak up as much sunshine as he can.

Until Ronin blocks him. His eyes open with a dark raise of his brow, steel gaze narrowing on Ronin with a brief pause of amusement. “Did we? I don’t remember that.” He mutters. He does remember it, he’s just being a bit of a shit about it. But a hand is extended and a low rumble of a laugh leaves him, reaching up with his lightning scarred hand and pulls himself up. “If you insist.” His voice is a deep drawl, before a shit eating grin spreads across it and he shifts into his macaw shift to beat Ronin toward the best spot for sand castle crafting.

Landing, he shifts back into himself, kneeling in the damp sand. “Sand castle competition rules?” He asks Ronin, waiting for the terms to be laid out.
but not who i am
SuNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Ronin Taliesin
"Liaaaaar," Ronin all but hisses at his friend, his grin never leaving his lips as he hauls the Flood to his feet. "And I do insist, sir," he informs him, just about pulling Sunjata level when the fucker turns into a macaw and fucks off down the beach. "Oi!" It's with the sound of laughter that Ronin chases after him, and the world seems absolutely brighter and more carefree as they go.

Kneeling in the sand beside his friend, Ronin considers the rules very carefully before laying them on the line. "A man's home is his castle - no sabotaging one another," he says, waggling his finger in Jata's face. "No decorations that you can't find on the beach. No shifts or abilities or any of that, either. This is between you, me and the sand." Gods, he can't keep a straight face.

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
The way Ronin’s words drawl ‘liar’ doesn’t stop him from smirking lightly and taking off in his macaw form, settling into the sand a ways down, chuckling lightly as he waits with his hands braced on his thighs for the rules. No sabotaging one another, that he can do, and his smile grows a bit more playfully hurt when the mention of no shifts is aired.

It’s because I have the advantage, huh?” He grins, wide enough the scar tugs on his face as he elbows Ronin. He focuses on the pile of sand beside him, wings tucking in before disappearing in the name of the Very Serious Sandcastle Competition they‘re about to have. “Can’t have a competition with a dragon, nope. Can’t have that.” He mutters, loud enough for Ronin to hear, to specifically jab playfully at him.

But he agrees and when the time begins, he’s drawing the wet sand into quite the square pile, wide and large, before scarred fingers reach in to hollow it out.
but not who i am
SuNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin Taliesin
“Oh, you wish you had the advantage, Jata,” Ronin snarks back, scoffing and turning to his canvas. He hasn’t ever considered sculpting - he’s a painter at heart - but how hard could it be? Also, he’s got a small child, so. Crafts should be his thing, right? However they plan to set the rules or break them, though, it’s time to put their sandcastles where their mouths are, and Ronin sits forward to begin as well.

“Do I detect a note of teasing?” he wonders, raising his eyebrows across at the Flood as he piles up sand in a mound, making sure it’s the damp stuff and not the shitty-for-building dry stuff. Glancing across at his friend as they settle into their creations, Ronin’s smile is bright and boyish. “How are things?”

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Please indulge me on how you know I don’t have the advantage.” He replies swiftly, working at the mound of wet sand to get it into a box type of shape, hollowing it out so that he could figure out where he wants to put the spires and other levels. Once he’s detailed it out, he starts shoving some of the wet sand back in to create small little turrets. “Of course. Don’t they call you the dragon?” His gaze rises, lifting to his friend’s face, wondering where the lie within it was. “A bit ironic considering.” He shrugs, huffing a soft laugh.

He works at detailing out the first turret, pressing into the side of it to create a small little window, before Ronin’s question airs and he’s smiling with so much more ease down at the sandcastle. “Things are great.” He says softly, quite happily all things considered. “Kamaria is doing well, Nate’s returned home. He’s decided to stay.” He pauses to chew on his lower lip as he considers the next plan of attack for the next turret. “My sister is here from Korofi and ironically, so is Nate’s twin brother.” A humming sound leaves him as he shrugs his shoulders and moves to add more sand into the next turret. “And I can touch Nate without hurting him.” Another pause as his gaze lifts toward Ronin with a crookedly boyish smile, one that’s reminiscent of the boy Ronin had saved in dream a year prior. “What about with you?” He flips the conversation back over toward the Star with ease.
but not who i am
SuNJATA
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin Taliesin
"Because I'm older than you," Ronin announces with a haughty jut of his chin, before he's grinning and paying more attention to his sandcastle than he is telling Sunjata how wrong he is. He can't resist one more jab though, when their respective titles come up. "Oho! Well, considering I have a dragon, and I train soldiers called Dragoons, and they all have dragons as well..." He shrugs his shoulders. "I'm more of a dragon than you are a flood, put it that way."

Snark finished, he settles to listen to how his friend has been, meanwhile piling up sand and starting to carve a swirling path upwards, ready to build a big tower on top for his castle. "That's a lot," he remarks of the siblings, of Kamaria, of Nate and his decision to stay. Of them being able to touch again. Glancing up at last, Ronin's smile is as warm as it gets. "I'm really pleased for you, Jata. That's great news," he murmurs.

And Ronin? "I'm great too," he says softly, as if afraid that will change things. "Remi and I are living in Stormbreak together. He's got an alchemy shop and I have the dragoons to keep me busy. Mateo is flourishing, and Seren came back from the stars... things are... I'm a little worried, because they're so good. We're on vacation, for fuck's sake."

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
A sharp surprise of laughter leaves him and his gaze flicks back up toward Ronin – brows raised, a crookedly boyish grin spreading across his face, pulling at the scar on the side of his face. “Wow. The age card?” He laughs but makes no move to dispute it. Not when he mentions the whole dragon versus a true dragon, his brow raising before he tears his gaze away to focus on his castle – because he’s absolutely going to fucking win, he just knows it. “I’ll let you have that one just this once.” He replies playfully grumpy, before he’s continuing with the sandcastle.

There’s a low hum of agreement to it being a lot. But things were good, things were… Better than good? They were great? Perfect? He’s terrified to admit that it is for fear of when it falls apart. “Thanks Ronin.” He hums softly, moving to finish up the second turret he’s added, putting in a window and waits for it to dry a fraction before he starts adding a small spiraling staircase around the outside of it.

That’s wonderful.” He remarks, of how Ronin’s life is falling together nicely too. “I know it isn’t the get away you had hoped it would be when you left Torchline, but I’m glad for you Ronin. Glad for Remi too.” And he is, despite the shit that’s happened between all of them. “And yeah, I know what you mean. I’m… Trying to be better about not being terrified of it and just… Giving it my all while it’s here before it has a chance to fall apart.” He pauses, chewing on his lower lip. “I hope you get to enjoy it too for as long as we get to.
but not who i am
SuNJATA
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin Taliesin
"I appreciate the kindness you show to your elders," Ronin croons as he makes his tower, adding a few turrets and then beginning to shape a dragon curled around it. "Just remember, Leafchange is well on its way, Sunjata." He says it as if he can make the change of season seem like a threat. Luckily, though, the conversation turns all warm and fuzzy before he can make any further jokes about Jata's impending birthday as well.

Nodding gently and smiling down at his sand castle, considering they're two grown men capable of tearing up the beach and then some, Ronin looks positively boyish now. "Same for you," he murmurs. "I'm really glad you and Nate made it through. Despite everything else, I know how it is to be worried you've lost someone you care about." But here they both stand (well, kneel), having walked through that fire and come out the other side.

"What are your plans for Longheat, anyway? I only ask because I repaired the skyport, and if you want to visit Stormbreak, I'll happily take you along."

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Leafchange when we’re the same age.” Sunjata supplements easily, focusing on his sandcastle as he chews at the inside of his ruined cheek. “Which means I have to use this whole season to call you an old man.” His is said with a raise of his gaze, a wink shot toward Ronin with a small smirk. “I’ll have to get you a gift perfect for the elderly.” He remarks with a huff of laughter.

They seem quite serious in their work, though, with Ronin crafting a sand dragon and Sunjata focusing on adding yet another turret – his is absolutely going to have four or five, he hasn’t decided yet, and to any passersby it might be incredibly amusing to see. Two of the strongest men in Torchline acting like teenagers here in the sand. “It was pretty awful, truthfully.” He says with a hum of a sound slipping from his throat. “It’s over for now at least.” And Sunjata had done pretty well all things considered.

As for his Longheat plans, his gaze rises again to peer back at Ronin with a crooked smile. “Yeah. I still plan on coming to Stormbreak. Kamaria has to meet Mateo, remember?” He quirks a brow. “Guess I might as well see what all the fuss is about anyway.” He huffs a small sigh. “But, we’ll arrive soon as I talk to Safrin and turn in the quest so we can stop the monsoons for next season. And… Readjust a few council things here.” A small shrug is offered there, too, before he’s sitting back on his heels and inspecting his sandcastle for whether it needs four or five turrets.
but not who i am
SuNJATA
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin Taliesin
"That's right - one whole season to lay that groundwork for my revenge," Ronin agrees with a nod, flashing a grin across at him that suggests he will be taking note of each and every remark made, every gift given, and when it comes time for Sunjata's birthday... it will be spectacular. "If you do want to get me a present for the elderly, though, you can babysit Mateo one night while we're in Torchline. Maybe he and Kamaria can meet even before you go to Stormbreak."

It's over for now sounds more foreboding than it does like a cause to celebrate, and Ronin throws renewed focus into his dragon castle on the mountain so he doesn't have to think about the next time things go wrong. He nods, listening to the prerequisites to Sunjata's Stormbreak visit, glancing up with a crooked smile. "Could have used that monsoon protection before this season don't you think?" he teases. As for the council? "Ah, yeah. I imagine you've got a lot to think about with Vai back in the Greatwood and Zeph..." Wherever Zeph was.

Because that's all it could be for a reshuffle, right? Right.

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
One whole season is a lot of time.” Sunjata remarks as casually as possible, though the amusement lingers in the creases of his eyes, in the edge of his smile, tugging at the scar that creeps up from it. “Mm, I think that can be managed.” He agrees with a softer edge of a smile. “How big has he gotten?” His gaze lifts once more, wondering if he was growing quickly just as Kamaria had grown. After all, Mateo was literally a baby when Sunjata had met him the first time, when the Flood had panicked and worried about being a father.

And here he was. A few seasons later.

The mood grows a hint more somber given Sunjata’s words, and as he decides to leave it at four turrets on his sand castle, he begins to build up the small courtyard within, flattening out the sand until he can start to build a few walls to surround it, digging a trench outside of those walls for a small little moat that would lead into the ocean waves. “Unfortunately, I hadn’t heard that the last part had been completed until it was too late.” He huffs a quiet sigh. As for the council? “It’s just Nate and I right now and if we take a trip, well, it’d be a free for all. So… I have to figure it out.” He pauses, licking his lips before his tongue sticks out a fraction as he adds details into the sand wall. “I’m thinking of asking Aurelia to be the new Arbiter.
but not who i am
SuNJATA
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin Taliesin
"It is and it isn't. It'll be Leafchange before you know it, old man," Ronin informs his fellow sand-castler with a smug grin, moving to finish his dragon and try to add a few little windows and doors to his tower. And a few more turrets, around the edge of the mound he's made. Then and only then does he start on the moat, which streams from the dragon's mouth as though it's breathing water instead of fire.

"He looks as though he's about five years old now," he says, sounding surprised about it himself. "Small for his age, but still growing like a weed. I'll speak to Remi about you watching him for a night, and get back to you." Flashing Sunjata a grin, Ronin of course has no idea how large a can of worms he's just opened. Live and learn.

Following suit and letting his expression grow a touch more serious, he offers Jata a reassuring smile. "At least it will be done in good time for next year, and no one will need to worry about it again," he says. "And Aurelia as Arbiter, huh? What made you think of her? I thought she'd be away sailing for half the year."

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Ack.” He rumbles, shaking his head against Ronin’s words with a snort. “I’m almost thirty.” Sunjata grimaces, playfully of course, before his gaze lifts to Ronin’s. “I guess at least you’ll hit it before I do.” Here he winks, flashing a bright grin back at his friend, before he’s working on his moat again. He builds up a little draw bridge and a path along it, hoping that the bridge doesn’t sink into the moat below.

There’s a hum of a sound that slips from his throat. “Kamaria, too.” About five, a bit small, a bit willowy. He wonders if that’ll stay – if she takes after more of him or Safrin at the end of the day. Only time would tell, though, he supposes. “Let me know, I’m sure Kamaria would love to have a friend come over.” He also is completely unaware of the can of worms.

For now, though, he continues his castle, moving to add little walls around the outside with dips within it for cannons. “At least she’d be here for part of the year. She could find someone that stays to watch over it for her while she’s gone, too. I don’t think it’d be that much different from this past year where we didn’t have one at all.” He shrugs, gaze lifting to Ronin curiously. “Aurelia’s… A lot like I am. I think she’d be good at it. The enforcing of rules and things.
but not who i am
SuNJATA