{SE} beauty and brains
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
I would fall from grace just to touch your face
Things got rather boring when you didn't have much to do besides studying. Which was what Maeve found herself doing a lot of. She had never built anything before besides the skyport and to be completely fair, she didn't do any actual building. There was a lot she didn't know and if she was going to rebuild the Halenani then she wanted to do it right. The Madame sits in one of the vacant booths, books spread out over the table and various pieces of parchment with scribbled notes on them in an elegant script surround her. Some might find studying in a bar rather distracting, but Maeve was used to such noises. Couldn't really function without them if she was being honest.

She scans over another passage, finger following the words as she makes notes on proper framing techniques. Maeve finishes the note, putting her quill back into the little well of ink and sitting back with a heavy sigh, reaching for her drink to take a sip while she let her eyes rest for a moment.
Maeve
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 12 - Int:
LEVIATHAN - Mythical - Dragon (Air Blast)
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Seraphina
the artificer
it's cold, it's dark, it's deep and it's wet
and you ain't gonna make it if you don't let someone in
The White Hart has always been a regular haunt for the Artificer, so it’s with no surprise that she finds herself here – after the whole ordeal with the Temple and ensuring that Gideon was okay, she certainly finds herself needing a drink and some good bar food (aka the greasy, filling kind). The only problem is that her usual seat is taken and the bar is relatively crowded by the time she gets her drink to glance around the establishment.

She passes by Maeve’s table once already, seeing that it’s the only one in the establishment that has room for another person. Another tidbit? She might have spotted some building plans and if there’s one thing Seraphina is very good at, it’s building things. So she returns, slipping into the seat opposite of Maeve without giving her much of a chance to object. “Is this seat taken?” She asks as she very obviously takes it and flashes a bright pale grin toward the other woman. “It’s a bit crowded today, hope you don’t mind.
darlin', darlin', why don't you sleep at night?
the colder the heart, the warmer the gun
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Normally Maeve was much more observant. Especially when it came to people. However the woman was rather distracted by her current project and didn't notice wheb Seraphina walked by the first time. Nor did she notice when she slipped into the booth across from her. Likely wouldn't have at all with the way her eyes were closed if it wasn't for the woman deciding to speak up. Her green gaze snaps open and quickly settle onto her new booth mate, running over what she could see quickly. There were certainly uglier people to share a table with. A sweet, albeit tired, smile spreads on painted lips and she shakes her head, "Not at all. Even with all of this taking up space I have room to spare." She drawls with an easy wave of her hand as she sets her now empty glass back down.

The Madame motions for another drink before allowing herself a brief distraction from her note taking, "I just ask to at least know the name of the beautiful woman sharing my table in return." Maeve arches a brow as she leans forward a little, ink stained finger tips absentmindedly running over plush lips as she waits for her curiosity to be satisfied.
Maeve
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
Amusement sparks along her face briefly at the surprise she’s cost Maeve – the way the woman’s eyes snap open, the way her attention is brought directly to her and all Sera can do is offer a bright, somewhat apologetic smile. Of course, as Maeve gestures to the papers, she does lean forward a bit, trying to glean a bit more into what all of this was in particular. She’s right in the fact it’s for building plans, and she lifts the glass to her lips to take a small sip when the deal is struck.

Her name is an easy thing to hand over, given it’s Stormbreak and she has no real reason not to. The glass lowers a fraction, the rim of it lowering just below her chin. “Seraphina.” She announces easily, flashing Maeve a vibrant smile. “Though some call me the Artificer.” She inclines her head a bit, as if to say ‘sometimes’, before she settles in and leans back in her seat, setting the glass on the table. “And who might you be?
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Seraphina. Well, that is a pretty name. Fitting. The title causes Maeve's head to cock to the side curiously and she hums, dropping her hand from her lips. "Seraphina the Artificer. Doesn't that sound fancy." She teases, a smirk curling on her lips as she sits up a little straighter if only to lessen the ache in her lower back. The request for her name is made and much like Sera, she has no reason to deny her, "You can call me, Maeve." She provides her name, a hint of mischief in her eyes, "Some people call me Madame. I'll let you pick which you prefer."

Obviously she didn't have to call her that. They weren't in the Halenani and Maeve wasn't working. Well, she was working, but not like that. Her new drink is brought by and she also makes a request for something to eat before turning her attention to the woman once more. "You can move things if you need to. I know I'm a bit spread out here." She smiles, a huff of a laugh pushing past her lips as she brings the new drink up, taking a small sip before letting it rest on the table once more.
Maeve
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
A bright smile flashes across her face as Maeve comments her title and name, and she inclines her head a fraction with amusement. “You can call me Sera, if you’d like.” It’s far less of a mouthful, truthfully. She wants her name to be able to roll off one's tongue, in most cases, so the shorthand version is easiest. But she brightens a bit more with Maeve’s own name and title arriving, a playfulness sparking across her face with it. “Maeve the Madame.” She hums softly, before nodding to her own offer.

Someone arrives to drop off a drink and Maeve orders food, to which Sera follows that lead and orders some of her own, before she’s settling in, leaning forward a bit in her seat to move papers and make room for herself. “What’s all of this for? Building something?” She asks as her gaze rises to meet the Madame’s, a softer, more professional look crossing her face, full of consideration and ideas.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
The shortened name does roll a bit more easily off of her tongue as she tests it out, "Sera.. Alright then. Perfect." Maeve hums, deciding she would very much like to say it that way. She relaxes further, trying to wipe the ink from her fingers and failing. It was nicely staining her porcelain fingertips, standing out in stark contrast from her skin. In the soft light of the bar, Maeve doesn't miss the playful glint in her dark eyes, her smile brightens. "You can just call me Maeve. Unless you'd prefer to call me something else." She winks, slipping into something less tense as she adjusts to her new booth partner.

Maeve looks down at the papers she has spread out, watching Sera shift a few out of her way, "I'm researching. I've never really built or designed a building before, but I'm trying to learn the proper way of doing things." She explains, lifting her eyes from the papers to Sera's, a slight flush on her cheeks. The drawings weren't bad. Rather good actually, but whether or not they were plausible was the real issue. "My brothel, the Halenani, suffered major damages during the monsoons and we have to build from the ground up. I'm trying to come up with a plan and just... figure things out so this doesn't happen again."
Maeve
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
The flirtation in Maeve’s tone grants the Madame a playful smile and a light chime of a laugh as she sips from her drink, before making space to settle and wait for her food. “I like Maeve.” She hums to the Madame with that very same playful smile. But she begins to move the papers a bit, shuffling them around as she peeks at them and questions them, and when Maeve’s answer is aired, there’s a playful mischievousness to the look the Artificer gives her.

I suppose you’re in luck, Maeve.” She murmurs, setting the papers down and moving to sift through the bag at her side, pulling out her blueprints and spreading them on the table. She leans forward, focusing on her booth partner with a bright smile. “I’m the Order’s builder. The Artificer for them. I could help you draft up some plans?” She suggests with a tilt of her head, spinning the pencil in her hand.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
"Most people do." Maeve quips, grinning as she brings her drink back up to her lips, taking a slow sip as she turns her attention back to Sera. Her brow arches at the glint in Sera's eyes and she cocks her head to the side curiously. In luck? How could she possibly be in luck? "Oh? Pray tell just how I managed to get so lucky?" She drawls and then Sera does just that. Well fuck. She really is lucky. Her smile brightens further and she leans forward eagerly.

"Really?" Maeve breathes, a soft laugh of disbelief pushing past her lips. She leans forward, crossing her arms to brace against the table, giving the woman a nice view of her scant cleavage if she bothered to look. "That would be wonderful. I'd really appreciate it." Maeve says with a sweet smile, grabbing the few drawings she's done herself and passing them over. "This is what I'm thinking so far. I definitely want a nice open floor plan for the main floor. Lounge and bar down there. An attached kitchen and baths on the two working floors with the rooms for the workers. Then the fourth floor will be my personal apartment." She explains her ideas, chewing on her bottom lip as she glances up at her from beneath her lashes.

"Do you think that's doable?"
Maeve
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
A hum of a laugh leaves her as she relishes in Maeve’s surprise, the idea that she was lucky to have Sera sit with her when she was going through building plans of all things. And so, Sera flashes her a bright grin and explains, pulling the blueprints out and spreading them out to await what kind of design Maeve was seeking. Maeve leans forward before handing her the papers and Sera scans through them curiously, before her lips purse slightly.

I’d say so.” She agrees easily, sliding the paper back toward Maeve and flashing a bright grin, before she’s tucking her hair behind her ear. She lays out the basics of what Maeve wants, the general size of it, and from the blue prints a 3D model is seen, growing taller and taller the more floors she adds. Once she’s laid out the basics, she focuses on the 3D aspect, reaching up to pull a few walls out further, fixing where the load bearing sections would be. Maeve might notice the edits changing on her blueprints, as well, despite only touching the model of it.

How many rooms for the workers?” She asks when she pauses to take a sip of her drink, moving back over to the blueprints with her pencil to sketch up where the walls may need to be divided, what halls might need to be made.

Sera is using this!

Type: Grey
Blueprints | Magical blueprints that reflect whatever is drawn on them with 3D illusory models. Models can be made as large or small as needed, and any change to the model or the blueprints will be reflected on the other.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve watches closely as Sera seems to produce the building model out of no where. Her eyes go wide and she's enraptured by the process of drawing and rendering of the future Halenani. A thought occurs to her suddenly as she sees the height of the building, "Oh, this seems important, but it's in Torchline. It suffered because of monsoons. Is the height a problem? Should it be lower?" She asks, sitting up slightly as she considers the building in front of her.

"We have thirty workers now. I want to have up to fifty. Many of them live on site. Maybe it would be better to have a separate living area for them? Then have a building that's just for working?" Maeve muses, pursing her lips in thought as she picks up her drink, taking a long sip from it. Their food arrives a moment later, two steaming plates placed in front of them. The waiter is careful to avoid the papers and books.
Maeve
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
Sera relishes a fair amount in the surprise that casts itself across Maeve’s face. And she continues to work, divying up the rooms into something that might resemble a modern day hotel in some aspects, when Maeve’s comments reach her. Her head tilts and she offers an apologetic smile to the Madame. “Yes, if it’s residing in Torchline it won’t last long being quite so tall. But…” She pauses, drawing a line between the building in the center and adjusting the model to make it lower, around two stories which should follow the rest of Torchline’s design, while breaking it up into two separate buildings with walkways connecting them.

Something like this could work? Living quarters and the working area, as you said?” She muses, pausing as the pencil taps against her lips and the food arrives, warm and hot and she abandons the project of the blueprints for the moment to dive into her meal. She needs it after everything that’s gone on prior to this. “Walkways could connect them, or you could keep them wholly separate.” She suggests, raising her dark gaze to Maeve with a curious gleam as she dives into her food again.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve isn't upset about this change. It would likely be better in the long run. Not just for the integrity of the building, but for the people living there. There are children that need to be considered. Having a space outside of the brothel to actually grow up without the possibility of having to be around clients was a win in Maeve's book. "No, it's okay. I'm glad we considered it. I want this to be the best that it can be." Maeve says firmly, starting to dig into her food, not realizing how hungry she was until it was in front of her. She takes a few bites, chasing it with a sip of her drink before she considers the changes Sera made to the plans.

It makes much more sense this way. Her apartment and the living area being separate from the business is likely the best route to go. "I think that looks good. We have kids that live with their mothers there. I'd like to keep them away from the clients." Maeve finally states, focusing on her food for a few more bites before looking back at the blueprints. "Thanks for helping with this."
Maeve
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
Her assurance that it’s okay to have them separated and shorter, have Sera nodding and flashing a soft smile as she readjusts a few pieces of the model, separating them and splitting them up into their respective rooms. “We’ll make it the best.” She agrees softly, casting her gaze over to Maeve with a raise of her brow. “And should I venture to Torchline, payment could be letting me stay there?” She flashes a playful grin.

She obviously isn’t shy about it at all. If anything, it might be fun.

The food arrives, though, and she slides the blueprints over as she considers more options to add in after she’s devoured most of her food. “Separate it will be, then.” She agrees softly, her smile turning softer edged. “You’re welcome. It’s my passion, so… Besides, helping another woman out in her own business endeavor is something I absolutely have to do.” She murmurs, before she’s pausing to finish her drink and continue at her food.