{SE} beauty and brains
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
I would fall from grace just to touch your face
Maeve carefully wipes her mouth, smile growing as she sets her napkin back in her lap as she arches a brow. A mischievous glint sparks in her eyes as she considers the other woman's proposal of payment. Maeve lets her head cock to the side thoughtfully, eyes running over her slowly before claiming her gaze once more. "You'd be my most honored guest. I can assure you there are plenty of delightful things to be experienced there." Whether she's talking about the sun and sand or something else entirely is up to the other woman's interpretation.

The Madame is more than willing to entertain the other woman if it means she has a sound plan in place. Be it with her company, body, or whatever else she wishes. It's hers whenever she decides to collect.

Food arrives and they both turn their attention to their respective meals. Neither of them bother to slow down, eagerly eating what is placed before them. Soon, plates are cleared and drinks are empty only to be refilled by a waiter moments later. "Thank the gods for that." Maeve laughs, raising her glass in a small toast to the other woman.
Maeve
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 12 - Int:
LEVIATHAN - Mythical - Dragon (Air Blast)
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Seraphina
the artificer
it's cold, it's dark, it's deep and it's wet
and you ain't gonna make it if you don't let someone in
A bright smile flashes across Sera’s face at the agreement, a decisive nod offered. It was decided, then, and the Artificer couldn’t be more excited to see just how it turned out and reap the rewards for it. “Oh, I can imagine so.” She murmurs softly, flashing a softer edged smile toward Maeve. “I can’t wait to come and see how it’s all turned out.” She says, flashing a slightly brighter one before the food distracts her and she’s sating her worries and fears over Gideon for the feeling of a full stomach and alcohol and work.

Soon enough, the plates are cleared, and the drinks are refilled and Sera finds herself lifting the glass in her small toast back to the Madame, before taking a sip and humming a soft laugh as she drags the blueprints back over. “Alright, so. How would you like the buildings split up? How many rooms for each? Still a bar and lounge on the bottom?” She asks, lifting her gaze to peer at Maeve with curiosity.
darlin', darlin', why don't you sleep at night?
the colder the heart, the warmer the gun
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve easily returns her smile, letting a hint of something more suggestive tug on her lips. If only to sell her point and her cause. "I'm sure with the plans you're so graciously helping me draft it will turn out lovely. You'll have to come reap the rewards of your drawings come to life." She purrs, looking up at her from beneath her lashes before she's lifting her drink in a toast, their attentions returning once more to the blueprints.

Back to business they go. She straightens, brows knitting together as she examines the building as it is presented now. "So for the working building I want a bar and lounge for the bottom, a small kitchen in the back for serving customers, and about three adjacent rooms off the lounge for various activities. As for the second level, I'd like fifteen working rooms on the second level." Maeve purses her lips, watching as Sera implements those changes on the first building. "And if we could include a wrap around porch for that building as well."

Seeming satisfied with what they've come up with for the business side, she turns her attention to what is meant to be the living arrangements. "I think walkways to connect them is a good idea. I want to include that... Then this will kind of have the same lay out as the previous building. Three floors. The first two with about twenty rooms each and a common area in the bottom floor. Then the third floor will be my personal apartment." She explains, bringing her drink up for another sip as she watches Sera continue to work.
Maeve
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
Oh, you can count on it Maeve.” She replies back, flashing a wink in the other woman’s direction, before she settles into her job and this new distraction that comes with crafting plans of buildings and architecture which calls so much from her heart. She’s separated the buildings in her blueprints and they appear as a connected yet separate model in the 3D aspect, while she focuses on working out the details as Maeve feeds them to her.

Alright, lets see…” She murmurs, sketching in all the rooms before she’s satisfied with the layout and the structure of it – which walls would hold the most weight, where the load bearing beams would need to be placed, before she’s moving onto the next one – connecting them with small little walkways. “The third floor would need to be slanted a bit to help avoid destruction with winds.” She comments offhandedly, gaze lifting to Maeve to ensure that it would be fine.

She goes to work on the rest of the inside of the living space of the Halenani, her attention focused on fitting all the rooms in before she works up toward Maeve’s apartment.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
If Maeve knew of Sera's other plans when she came to Torchline, she might not be so happy to have her, but she knows nothing of those plans and is more than willing to play hostess. She smiles back easily, drawing her attention back to the blueprints and falling quiet as the other woman works. The Madame remains quiet unless Sera speaks with her. Which results in not having to say much at all as the other woman seems to lose herself in her work.

Finally the other woman's attention falls back onto her and Maeve leans forward to get a better view of what Sera has put together. It all looks good to her. Everything is there and it looks just as she pictured it in her head. Maeve waves her hand dismissively, "Do whatever you need to. As long as my taller guests can walk up there without hitting their heads." She drawls, taking another sip of her drink, watching her intently.

It isn't until they get to her personal space that she speaks up again, "I don't mind an open floor plan. The bathroom needs to be sectioned off with enough space for a tub and a shower. Just a small kitchenette will do, a nice sitting area, and then space for my bed." Maeve explains, thinking that it's simple enough to do. She doubts it'll be an issue for Sera.
Maeve
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
It’s easy for Sera to get lost in her work – something she does often enough that she tends to hyper focus and fixate on it until it’s finished in a way that she feels comfortable with taking a pause. So when Maeve leans forward to focus on it, to explain the dimensions and parameters for how large to make it, Sera nods – unsure of how tall her taller guests are, but imagining that seven feet should be more than enough. She readjusts, fixes, and writes down on a separate piece of paper the dimensions of said space, before she’s focusing on the other side.

The personal space has Sera’s gaze lifting to Maeve with the explanation, writing down the notes of that on a separate piece, before she’s readjusting the blueprints now to fit the slant and where a bed may be able to go compared to windows as well as the section where the shower and bath would go, making sure that it’s connected to the rest of the plumbing designs she’s interlaced into the building. “Alright… How does this look, Madame?” She hums when it’s finalized, sliding the 3D print of the blueprints over for Maeve to inspect, leaning back in her seat to sip delicately from her drink.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
They fall back into a comfortable silence as Sera finishes her work, taking all of her notes into account and making adjustments everywhere she needs to. By the time it's all done Maeve can't even believe it. That's it right there. The new Halenani. Her new home. Maeve smiles brightly, rotating the blueprint this way and that to take it all in. "I think it's perfect. You really outdid yourself. Thank you so much." They were going to have a much easier time building with plans like these. That much was for sure.

She looks back up at Sera, "Now that the work is out of the way... How about something a little more fun, hm?" Is she suggesting more drinks? Charades? Perhaps something else entirely? That's for Sera to determine herself.
Maeve
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
Mm, I almost always do!” She chimes to Maeve, flashing a bright and vibrant grin toward the Madame, before she’s pulling the blueprints back and tearing out a few pieces of paper from the notebook she keeps with her, to trace over the dimensions and write the notes within it so that Maeve would have a copy she could bring back to Torchline. And once that’s done, she folds it up neatly, sticks it in a homemade folder to keep it all tidy and together, before she’s peering back at the other woman and takes a sip from her drink, draining the glass.

She gives Maeve a considering look, leaning back in her side of the table. “There’s a shuffleboard top here if you’ve ever played? It’s quite fun.” She suggests. “We could get a couple more drinks and go and enjoy ourselves?” She asks, cocking her head with a playful smile that winds its way around her lips.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
While Sera makes copies, Maeve takes the time to stack up her own books and notes to clear the table of her mess. She tucks her own papers into the folder that Sera gives her for safe keeping, easily returning her smile. "I can see why you have your title." The Madame teases, laughing softly as she raises a hand for the waiter to come back by, ordering another round of drinks at Sera's suggestion.

"I can't say I've ever played, but I'm always up for a challenge." Maeve tosses the woman a wink, making to stand and grabbing her fresh drink as she heads over to what she presumes is the top. She crosses her arms, cocking out her hip. "Alright... How does this work?"
Maeve
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
Sera flashes a knowing look Maeve’s way at the mention of her having her title. She’s quite proud of it, all things considered. One of the youngest members to join the Order as well, she’s had her work cut out for her. But Gods, she was good at her job.

The suggestion of shuffleboard is taken easily and Sera flashes a bright grin as she moves to stand and grab her drink after she’s put her blueprints into the bag she’s brought with her, moving to stand beside Maeve at the front of the shuffleboard table. “Alright, so, we have these… Pucks, in a sense. And you have to try and get them the furthest section at the end. But you can knock each other’s pucks off, too, to try and win.” She says swiftly, flashing a bright smile. “Here, I’ll go first. You get the advantage if you go last.

So saying, she steps up beside Maeve with her puck of choice, black in hue compared to the white ones to signify which is which, and she leans against the table as she goes to send the puck out, watching as it falls short in the one point category. Tsking under her beath, she steps back and rests a hand on the edge of the table. “Alright, your turn. You can hit my puck if you want or try to do better.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
It seems straight forward enough. Maeve watches closely as the other woman takes her go, brows drawn together in concentration. Sera's puck slides across the table, almost making it to the two point category, but stopping just before the line. "Okay, so... I just slide this across and try to get farther, but also knock you out if possible?" Maeve asks for clarification, waiting for her answer before she goes to make her move.

The Madame picks up the white puck, turning it over in her hand before setting it behind the starting line. She purses her lips, mimicking the action that Sera had done to release the puck. It slides along the table, catching the side of Sera's puck, pushing it out of the way until it's barely resting in the one point category. Her puck continues with its forward momentum, slowing just over the line for the three point category and she straightens up triumphantly, grinning. "Not too bad for my first go! So, how do you win? First to reach a certain number of points?"
Maeve
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
That’s exactly it.” Sera chimes, stepping back to lean against the table as she watches Maeve step in to make her play. She watches as the puck slides across, clipping the side of her own puck, pushing it in another direction while streamlining her puck toward the third section. Sera grins, beaming at Maeve as she asks how to win. “Well, we each get three pucks and whomever has the most points at the end of those three pucks is the winner.” She informs Maeve, stepping in to grab another one of her pucks, to try and get to the third section just as Maeve had.

She lines up the puck with where she wants it to go, gives it a bit more force, and then sends it off down the table until it lands near Maeve’s puck in the third point section but relatively out of the way of the rest of them. Handing Maeve the Madame’s next puck, Sera sits back to watch with amusement glimmering in her gaze. “It’s a good way to pass the time provided you have a partner for it.” She hums with a soft laugh, lifting her glass to her lips.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve hums softly, bringing her drink up to her lips and taking a slow sip of the fruity concoction, "A quick game then. Sounds perfect." She was planning on meeting Locke after this and she didn't want to keep him waiting longer than he had to be. Maeve watches Sera take her next move, eyes roaming over her form for a moment. She definitely wasn't bad to look at. Pretty. All tanned skin and dark features. Maeve had no doubt she had plenty of callers. Sera sends her puck sliding across the table, landing in the three point section and Maeve nods in acknowledgement. "Very nice." She takes the next puck from the woman, shifting to lean against the table and send her own out.

It slides along the wooden top, avoiding both of Sera's pucks as it stops short in the two point section. "Alright, five to four. Let's see if you can pull out a win." She tosses the woman an easy wink, taking her drink back up and bringing it to her lips.
Maeve
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
It’s pretty quick.” Sera agrees swiftly, moving into place to let her puck slide along the table. She moves gracefully, much like a cat, but beneath the pretty blouse she wears, there’s quite a bit of muscle along her lithe features. As for plenty of callers? She does, it’s something she enjoys while she can before her father makes her settle down. And so long as it didn’t impede on her work, she didn’t particularly care much one way or another. “Thank you.” She chimes with a bright, bubbling laugh, stepping to the side to let Maeve’s puck slide along the top.

She watches as it hits the second point section, and she reaches for her puck to slip it along the table once more. She considers her options before she goes for it, though, tongue running along her lower lip before she bites it in consideration, inhaling a slow breath before she focuses on letting it go. It goes with a decent amount of power behind it, and it rams straight into the puck Maeve had just thrown. Only, instead of it having enough power to take the Madame’s puck off the table as she had hoped, it leaves it in the third point sector and Sera’s in the second point section.

She straightens up with a bright laugh, reaching up to pull her hair back from her face as she looks back to Maeve. “Well, suppose it was worth a shot, huh?” A crooked, playful smile is sent the Madame’s way. “Congrats. That was pretty good for your first game.