(SE) we can just dance to this
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE
Driving faster in my car
Falling farther from just what we are
It's raining today and he's pretty sure he's supposed to be training. But he can't find it in himself. He's been worried all night about her. He feels a little hopeless, a little lost, but it's fine. He wishes he could just stay with her, like he did in Torchline, but sleeping on Ronin's couch with Maeve is impractical. So it's very early in the morning and he's making his way to what he thinks is Ronin's place. He couldn't sleep though. He even made her breakfast. It's nothing special, just some sweet rolls, but hey, she likes sweet stuff, right?

It's not raining hard but it's been raining all night and he's just.. Worried. He knocks lightly on the door, hoping to somehow wake her up and no one else. Or maybe they're awake, he's not sure. Either way he's got a little basket of goodies and he's trying not to look vaguely left of being a wet dog.
Smoke a cigarette and lie some more
These conversations kill
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

The storm that passed over the city wasn't anywhere near as bad as the monsoons. It was a light summer rain, but thunder still rolls through dark clouds, making it hard for her to settle on the couch. The house is empty. Ronin and Remi leaving to start repairs on the Skyport has left her alone in their apartment. That's not what she minds. It's the thunder. The way it seems to shake the building with the way it rumbles angrily. Maeve tries her best to sleep through it, but it's difficult to say the least.

So when Locke knocks on the door, she is awake to answer it, a cup of tea already in her hand. She slides the locks free, opening the door a crack to peek around it before it widens further as she realizes it's him. "Gods.. Don't tell me you walked all the way over here in this?" Maeve huffs, shaking her head as she steps to the side so he can come in with his little basket of goodies. She smells the citrus wafting from them instantly and her stomach rumbles.

He doesn't have to answer her. She knows he did. He looks tired. Dark circles smudged under his eyes that match the ones under hers. "Come in before you catch a cold." Maeve closes the door behind him, locking it once more before drifting into the kitchen, pouring him a cup of tea. She finds a spare towel, passing it to him so he can dry himself off at least a little bit.
And I was catching my breath
Staring out an open window
catching my death
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
LOCKE
Driving faster in my car
The smile he gives her is sheepish when she questions him. Yeah okay, he feels a little more dumb for coming now. "Won't tell you then." He steps in after she lets him in and toes off his boots. He doesn't want to ruin the nice floors or something. He follows after her, into the kitchen before taking the towel. He wants to kiss her but maybe now isn't the time. Maybe later.

He can see how tired she is and it makes him feel guilty all over again. He dries his hair first, then works his way down, watching as she pours the glass of tea. "I don't get sick, just so you know." He drinks too much for that. But he accepts the glass, letting it warm him. The rain isn't cold really, it's just still early in the day and the heat hasn't settled in yet. "Jus' thought I'd come check on my girl. Know the rain isn't easy." He says it softly, to keep from disturbing people who aren't even there. "Couldn't sleep so I was up all night baking.. Made sweet rolls? They've got fruit and shit in them. Well. Fruit. And nuts. Not.. shit." Why is he so fucking awkward?
These conversations kill
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

A huff of a laugh pushes past her lips and they're curling into a smile despite herself. Even if it was a little stupid, it was also endearing. Maeve can't find it anywhere in herself to be annoyed that he trekked all the way from the Dragon's Nest to here in the rain just for her. "Dumbass." She mutters affectionately, pouring his tea and passing him a towel so he can get himself dried off at least a bit. Maeve hovers at the end of the island, unsure if they're at the point where casual touches are okay. If she can reach for his hand or brush his curls away from his eyes. Can she kiss him? She's not sure.

"No? Are you like immune from all sickness or something?" Maeve rolls her eyes at him, chewing on her bottom lip to keep her smile at bay as she brings her tea up to her lips to take a small sip. It slips down her throat and warms her belly, chasing away any residual cold that might be lingering. My girl. Those two words do more to banish the cold from her bones than anything else does. Her cheeks flush and that smile she's been trying to keep at bay finally spreads across her lips. "That's sweet of you. I'm okay. It's mostly just the thunder. Always seems so loud." She admits, drifting closer to him under the pretense of examining the basket he sets on the counter.

If she also happens to press against his side it's purely coincidence. Her brow arches as she stumbles through his words and she looks up at him with bright eyes. "Fruit and nuts. They smell good." She hums, her smile growing as she adds, "Glad there isn't shit in them. That would be rather unfortunate."
catching my death
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE
Driving faster in my car
He hums softly, "So I've been told. At least I have a nice ass, right?" He likes to think he does. Especially with all the training he's been doing lately. He can see the difference in the tone of his muscles and he's not mad about it. Once he's done drying off, he folds up the little towel and sets it on the island before taking a drink of his tea. It's good, really good, maybe in another life she made tea for a living. For a moment he gets a thought, soft and fuzzy but he pushes it away.

"Yeah. It's all the booze and drugs I do. Kills it before it gets me." Not that he's done anything, really, in awhile. Drinking, sure, but he hasn't even smoked since he got here. But now that he's thinking about it, he could use a smoke. Maybe it would calm his nerves. He's still not sure how to act around her casually. There's the heat in his belly whenever he sees her, the tightness in his chest that follows. He's not sure how to level that out into something normal. Then again, he's never been very good at that anyway. He tilts his head, "Think the thunder has stopped. The rain felt good, to me at least. It's that warm summer rain you get.. You know, the kind you go play in as a kid."

He feels her against his side, the first time they've properly touched since he's been here and it's barely there. He folds open the little cloth covering the rolls and there's a few muffins stashed in there too. She gets a little laugh as he pulls a muffin out. "Yeah. Don't think that'd be good. There's uh.. Enough for everyone here, I think. I'm not sure how many people live here so I just kind of guessed." There's even a mini one for Sugar.
These conversations kill
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Now that's something she can agree with. A smile curls on her lips as she puts her mug down on the counter, looking up at him from beneath her lashes, a tell tale heat sparks in her eyes. "A fairly nice ass." Maeve muses, teeth finding her bottom lip, wrinkling her nose playfully. She watches him lift the mug to his lips, waiting to see if he likes the taste or not. It's a new blend she was working on. Something that made her think of here. He seems to like it well enough and a feeling of satisfaction wells up in her chest.

Maeve snorts, shaking her head, "Pretty sure it doesn't work that way." She mutters, lifting her tea back to her lips for another sip before she's abandoning the cup in favor of brushing against his side to get a look at what he brought. He shifts the conversation towards the rain and her eyes lift back to him, expression softening as he brings something up that should likely stir nostalgia in her belly, but that doesn't come. Her brows knit together, "I don't think I've ever played in the rain before." She thinks back to it, trying to pin point a moment where she might have and she comes up short. Summer showers weren't uncommon in Torchline. It would rain every afternoon for an hour or so at a time before breaking into sunshine again. Had she actually ever played in it before? No... She doesn't think so.

"Afraid it's just me today. They went to Torchline. Ronin said something about starting skyport repairs? I'm not sure when they're supposed to be back." Maeve reaches for one of the sweet rolls, carefully pulling a piece off and popping it into her mouth. It melts across her tongue, notes of citrus brightening the flavor. Her eyes flutter shut and she hums, "They're really good."
catching my death
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE
Driving faster in my car
The way she bites her lip kills him. He wishes it was his teeth that were worrying her lip but maybe later. Or another time. She's not just someone he can fuck whenever he feels like it, even if he thinks she'd let him. "Fairly nice? Puh-lease. It's fantastic. You haven't seen it since I started training.." Even if he doesn't plan on getting laid, it doesn't stop him from being a perv. He wiggles his eyebrows at her before taking a bite out of the muffin he picked. The tea goes well with it he finds. Maybe he's just cold. "This another one of your blends? I like it. Kinda spicy." Maybe cinnamon? He's not sure.

"Yeah, you're probably right. Was probably just too high or drunk to notice." Or stressed and exhausted. Honestly he feels good for the first time in a long time, sleepless night be damned. Chalk it up to the working out more, the better food, her, whatever. He's thriving. He raises an eyebrow at her, face twisting in confusion. "You've never played in the rain?" Honestly, he doesn't know much of her past but he's starting to piece things together. "Gotta change that. Finish up your breakfast and get changed, we're gonna go play in the rain." He's dead serious as he looks at her. He doubts it will heal the wounds of her trauma but it might sooth them for a moment.

He tilts his head, humming softly. "Interesting." There's a pause as he thinks, mulling over his options in his head. His fingers drum against the table for a second before he leans down, tilting her chin towards him before kissing her. It's soft, nothing too crazy. But there's a faintly sweet taste when he licks his lips afterwards that makes him feel tingly. Almost as tingly as when she says his cooking is good. He practically preens as he takes a drink of his tea.

"Thanks. I like to cook when I can't sleep.."
These conversations kill
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

She laughs, the sound clear and bright as a smile curls on her lips, pulling up the corners. Her brows bounce towards her hairline at his exaggerated please, but she quickly pulls herself back together. A mischievous light glints in her eyes, swirling through the green of her irises as she looks up at him. "I haven't. Should really change that." Would it be wrong to have sex in their house? Maybe. Is she considering it? Yeah, she really is. Whoops. Maeve gives his shoulder a little shove, rolling her eyes as he wiggles his brows, "You're awful." She huffs, trying and failing to hide her smile as she tears off another bite of the roll, nodding in response to his question. "It is. I was trying to make something that reminded me of Stormbreak." She's not sure if it worked, but she thinks she did a pretty good job.

"I usually am." Maeve hums, a smirk settling on her lips as she wrinkles her nose at him, "That's highly likely, I think." Not that it really matters. She's not touched any of her old vices either. No booze. Only the one joint that she didn't even finish thanks to Seren's influence. She's been behaving. Focusing on healing and getting better in all aspects. Her body, her mind, and her heart. She likes to think she's doing a pretty good job at it. His reaction to her admission draws her attention back to him and she blinks, "What? Is that weird or something?" It probably is. What kid hasn't played in the rain? Probably the ones who got tossed out in it when they cried too much. Before her mind can wander too much into her past, he draws her back out of her thoughts. Maeve huffs out something akin to a laugh, "Seriously? You're being serious right now?" His eyes said it all. He was being completely serious and there would be no room for arguing.

She's just about to take another bite of her roll when he's leaning down towards her, lifting her chin with the tips of his fingers. Her lashes flutter across cheekbones, lips parting slightly as his mouth covers hers in a sweet kiss. He tastes like her tea and his muffins and her stomach swoops like she just dove off a cliff. It doesn't last for more than a few breaths, but it's enough to steal hers. "What about when you can sleep? Do you like to cook then too or is not sleeping necessary for cooking to happen?" Maeve quips, eyes fluttering open once more as she turns her attention to her breakfast and not the butterflies that have taken up residence in her belly.
catching my death
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE
Driving faster in my car
"Maybe if you're good, I'll do a little show for you." A grin cracks across his face as he laughs, "Awfully handsome." He winks at her, willing the nervous feeling in his stomach away. She hasn't chased him off yet and there's no reason they can have fun, flirt a little. Why should he tone himself down? No reason to hide if he wants this to work, right? Plus, flirting is fun, especially when she laughs like that. He settles a bit, turning so he's leaning against the counter, taking another sip with a nod. She did a good job, that's for sure.

"You're usually right, huh? I'll have to keep that in mind." A little hum as he takes another drink, soaking in the warmth of the tea and her companionship. Her answer earns her a raised brow as he looks at her from the corner of his eye. He wants to press about why but he doesn't. They'll talk about that kind of thing in time, he's got a few guesses. "Little weird, yeah. And dead serious. Go on, finish your breakfast." A little bit of force but he's still grinning like an idiot. There's no one outside right now to see him act like a fool, just her. And he's content to make a fool out of himself for her if it means she'll laugh like that again.

She's not the only one with a fluttery feeling in their chest, even if it's for a different reason. He takes a bite of his muffin as she talks, trying to ignore the way his cheeks flush when he's near her. It's like being a little kid again. "Well I can't cook in my sleep. But I just like cooking, all the time, really. Maybe I could've been a chef." If he hadn't grown up the way he did. It's fine. There's no point in what if's.

He finishes his muffin and downs the last of his tea, "C'mon, we have puddles to play in.. Promise I'll warm you up after."
These conversations kill
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

When did he get so charming? Did Ronin give him lessons or something? Not that he wasn't charming before, but it seems to have amped up and she kind of loves it. Her cheeks flush and she huffs out another laugh, shaking her head at him. "And full of yourself. What a surprise." Maeve teases him, not daring to inflate his ego anymore even if she does agree. He is handsome. In a rugged sort of way. All tan skin and messy curls. Not to mention his eyes. That's probably her favorite thing about him. One of her favorite things. There are a few different items on that list. Not that she's going to tell him so easily.

The way he looks at her out of the corner of his eye, brows arched and lips quirked in an expression that confirms it's totally fucking weird. Okay. Fair. It is weird. It's just never come up. Maeve wrinkles her nose, finishing off the last bite of her roll before washing it down with the final dregs of her tea. "What do you even wear to do something like that? Just anything?" She asks, pushing away from the counter to go toward the small chest that's acting as her wardrobe. Maeve digs around inside, lips pursed as she considers her fairly slim options. Eventually she finds a pair of cotton shorts and a tank top she thinks will have to do.

Not ever to be shy about her nudity, Maeve strips right in the middle of the living room, tugging off her pajamas to change into the clothes she pulled out. The bruises are basically gone. A faint yellow tinge covers majority of her torso from the worst of the bruising, but it's quickly covered back up by the tank top, "Oh.. He has jokes. I see." She rolls her eyes, grinning at him as she pulls her curls from the neckline of her shirt.

She makes her way back over to him, crossing her arms over her chest, "Alright, sir. Not really sure how you play in puddles, but I guess I can learn." Maeve says with a little grin, arching her brow as she waits for him to lead the way.
catching my death
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE
Driving faster in my car
Locke's face screws up as he looks at her, a laugh spilling from his lips, "Fuck, Mae.." His mouth twitches before he leans down, lips just brushing against her ear, "Could be full of me too, if you wanted.." Something between a threat and a promise before he's pulling away to wash his cup out like he didn't just say that. His face is entirely too red but she walked into it and he couldn't help himself.

His cup is rinsed well enough that he doesn't feel bad for using it and he slips back towards her, his fingers trailing the edge of her arm as he passes. He covers the goodies, not wanting them to stale while they're outside. "Clothes you don't mind getting wet.. Preferably something white.." She knew what she was getting into with him, at least he hopes so. He watches as she makes her way to the chest, leaning against the counter with contented interest.

And then she's stripping his level of interest skyrockets. He makes a little noise, taking a few steps towards her before stopping himself. At first it's lust that draws him to her and then it's the sight of her bruises. He hadn't seen them yet and he winces internally. His face is screwed up with worry when she speaks again, making him meet her gaze. He takes a shaky breath before grinning at her. "He does. Probably because he is one.." Something light-hearted to distract him from the thoughts that linger in the back of his head.

Locke holds his hand out to her, "Nothing to learn. It's playing, Maeve, like kids do." What kind of childhood did she have that she doesn't even know how to play. That's pretty much a basic instinct. He doesn't bother to put his shoes back on as he tugs her towards the door. "When we're done playing, we can do somethin' you wanna do, alright?"
These conversations kill
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

She's too distracted by his laugh and the way it makes the corners of his eyes crinkle just a little to realize he's leaning in until his lips are brushing against her ear, delivering his wicked words with ease. Her cheeks flush and she makes a soft noise in the back of her throat, pushing at his shoulder, "You're a fucking terror." Maeve huffs, shaking her head at him even as a smile threatens to overtake her again. It's not a bad idea. One that she is very much for. This is the least amount of pain she's been in in days and they have the place to themselves. He did promise to warm her up afterwards.

It seems they've moved past the point where the touches are calculated. His fingers brush across the length of her arm as he returns to her and she can feel the heat of him as her back before he's covering the sweets with the cloth. Maeve takes a breath, slipping away from him to dig in her chest for clothes. She finds the shorts and a loose tank top which does happen to be white. He got lucky there. Maeve feels his eyes on her, but she doesn't mind. She strips and dresses. No show to be made here. It's only when she gets the tp over her head that she realizes he was moving towards her. His brows pulled together in what is clearly concern. He pushes it away, grinning at her instead as he tosses back a joke of his own. Maeve laughs softly, taking his hand and giving it a gentle squeeze. Before they can get much further she speaks, "I know it looks bad, but they don't hurt anymore. I promise."

She hopes it soothes him enough that he can enjoy what they're about to do together. This is supposed to be fun. She thinks it will be if he has anything to say about it. Maeve draws her bottom lip between her teeth, worrying at it lightly. She doesn't know how to play. Her idea of playing before was seeing how much she could steal before getting caught. How small she could make herself so she could stay hidden in a shop for the night. A fucked up game of hide and seek where the goal was to not be found at all. "Alright." She agrees easily, letting him tug her towards the door and out into the rain.
catching my death
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE
Driving faster in my car
He thinks about retorting but doesn't, finally letting it drop. He likes this, when it's easy. The way she sounds when she laughs, the way it makes him feel to make her laugh. It's too good to let go. Especially because she rolls with him so easily. Why had he been so scared of this? Of her? He knows why and he's accepted it, but he still thinks he's silly for waiting so long. "Gotta say fucking terror is a new one.. Don't mind it though.." He shrugs, folding his arms across his chest as he waits for her.

The shirt she pulls on is white and he bites his lip at the thought. He wonders if she knows. Probably, she's pretty well versed in sex things, right? She's gotta know why he asked. Even if it's only a thought that lingers in the back of his head. Her bruises. He's got his own but it's different. He still feels guilty, even if there was nothing he could do. Then her hand finds his and she's trying to soothe him. It works, a little. "I know. They always look so bad when they're at this stage." All yellow and nasty. His free hand lightly skims over where he saw one, barely touching it through the thin fabric of her shirt.

It makes him want to play more, honestly. To have fun while they're still young and healthy and together. She accepts his offer and that's all he needs, leading her towards the door. Back out they go, into the rain, as he pulls her into the street. It's still raining but there's no thunder, no lightening. It's warm enough that he doesn't chill right away even if he can feel the goosebumps popping up.

He leads her into the street, pausing to lightly step in a puddle. Good enough for him. "Alright, Mae, just.. jump in it. Make the biggest splash you can, okay? Then I'll go, we'll see who makes the bigger splash." He's bigger so it'll probably be him but she can try.
These conversations kill
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve absolutely knows. She's not dumb. To be fair, she only really has the one tank top. Her supply of clothes is incredibly limited. It's going to take her a while to rebuild her own wardrobe. There were a lot of one of a kind pieces that have been completely lost. Now, she could have put on the other shirt she has, but that isn't anywhere near as fun as wearing white for him in hope that he might tear it off with his teeth later. He seems to be put slightly at ease by her words, but it doesn't banish the worry completely. Maeve can still see it in his eyes. He barely touches her, hand ghosting over her torso with no more pressure than a breeze. "But they're almost gone. I swear I don't even feel them." If he's so concerned then maybe he should kiss them better later.

The rain is falling in big, fat drops. Warm as it finds her skin, but it quickly cools and goosebumps of her own spread across her flesh. She tilts her face up towards the sky, closing her eyes for a moment until he's tugging her forward into the street. Her eyes blink back open, raindrops collecting on her lashes, beading there as the rain starts to weigh down her curls. The dark strands somehow growing darker as the water soaks through the tresses.

They stop at the edge of the puddle, his toes dipping into the edge. Maeve's brows drawing together at his instructions, head tilting to the side. "Jump?" She questions, laughing softly as her clothes start to cling to her skin already. Maeve squares her shoulders, considering the best way to actually do this before she just kind of goes for it. Maeve jumps forward in a way that is likely entirely too graceful to actually make a splash. She lands on her toes, spinning slightly in a loose pirouette before she's facing him. The splash isn't big. It's just a little one, the drops barely reaching the edge of the puddle. "Like that?"
catching my death