(SE) we can just dance to this
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE
Driving faster in my car
Falling farther from just what we are
He takes her word for it, trying to let himself relax. They've got puddles to play in. Later, if they're still alone, he can dote on her and her bruises. He stands just behind her, soaking in the way the rain soaks into her clothes. They cling to her body in all the right ways and he'd take her back inside if he wasn't so damn intent on showing her how to do this right.

Because boy does she do it wrong. Locke shakes his head. "Pretty but not quite. The goal is to splash! Like this." He holds his hand out to her so she can step away before doing a big jump, laughing as the water flies everywhere. He does it again for the hell of it. "You gotta make it go everywhere, take your anger out on it." His teeth are grit as he talks, stomping into the water again before he steps out, shaking himself.

"Don't be afraid of getting wet, there's already water everywhere." An astute observation! He leads her to another puddle, "Here, try this one. Do a big jump, like you're trying to squish it." There's a pitch to his voice, high and happy, like he's a kid again. He feels like he's a kid again. Playing in the rain was always one of his favorite things. Splashing in puddles was something he loved too. Actually, there's a lot of things he loves about this.
Smoke a cigarette and lie some more
These conversations kill
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Maeve had been feeling pretty confident that she did a good job. Except he's shaking his head at her and holding out his hand, ushering her out of the puddle. She watches intently, chewing on her bottom lip as her brows knit together. That seriousness melts away when he jumps in, splashing water everywhere. Even onto her. She squeals, giggling as she takes a little step back so she escapes the backsplash of the second jump. Maeve reaches up to wipe the water from her face, "You're anger on it? That doesn't seem healthy." She teases, grinning up at him as he makes his way back over to her.

He grabs her hands, tugging her towards another puddle. This one is even larger than the last one. The instructions seem clear enough. Squish the puddle. Yeah, she has this. Maeve leaps forward, both feet together and she lands with an actual splash. This one causes water to fly up around her and it even splashes him too. She laughs, turning to look at him with bright eyes and her laughter rings out, mixing with the sound of the rain against the stones. "How was that? Better?" Her own voice pitches up, feeling a giddiness spreading in her chest that she's not sure she's felt before.

Maeve reaches for him, running forward to grab his hands and tug him into the puddle with her, "I think I did a pretty good job. Don't you?" She wraps her arms around his neck, pressing against him for a moment before she's pulling back to take his hands again.
And I was catching my breath
Staring out an open window
catching my death
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
LOCKE
Driving faster in my car
Her squeal earns full bellied laugh from him. He can't believe he almost didn't do this. What kind of moron doesn't want to do this? Doesn't want to hear her laugh? When he looks at her, there's a feeling in his belly he's not sure he's ever felt before. He's not sure what to name it but he kind of likes it. "I rarely do things that are healthy, Mae. This seems to be one of the better ones." He muses as he leads her to the next puddle.

Her second attempt is much better and gets a squeal yelp from him as he's splashed. Locke's face splits into a grin, "Yeah! Like that!" He's about to tell her to do it again when she's pulling him into the puddle with her. Her hair is stuck to her face and there's water beading onto her eyelashes but he can't say it's a bad sight. Actually, kind of the opposite. She pulls him into something akin to a hug and he laughs, pulling her against him until she breaks away. "Was amazing! Wanna go splash in another one? We can do it together?" They'll get even more wet but he's already forgot about worrying about that.
These conversations kill
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

"And would you consider this healthy? Doing me?" She makes the joke on purpose. It was a joke. Even if she was kind of curious if he thought this was healthy at all. To be fair, she wouldn't be surprised if he didn't. It kind of isn't. They haven't done any of this right. Not to mention the fact that her heart is still hung up on Sunjata despite her best efforts. Every moment away from him and Torchline makes it easier to forget. Especially with the way Locke is looking at her with something swirling in his hazel eyes that makes that fluttering start up in her belly again.

Maeve gets caught up in trying to create a big splash. In the thrill that comes with jumping into the puddle and splashing both of them with rain water. She pulls him into the puddle with her, hugging him for a moment because it just seems like the right thing to do. Maeve smiles up at him, her nose wrinkling with it as she tugs him closer to her, rising up on her tip toes press her lips to his. The kiss is slow and sweet, rain water clinging to their lips as her hand comes up to cup his cheek, thumb brushing across his jaw. She licks into his mouth, sighing as she molds herself to his front, her free arm looping around his neck.

When her lungs finally start to ache, she draws back, looking up at him from beneath her lashes as she smiles. "I'd love that. Another puddle. A bigger one." She giggles, a light flush on her cheeks despite the way goosebumps prickle across her skin even with the flash of heat in her belly.
catching my death
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE
Driving faster in my car
He tilts his head at her question, trying to figure out how to answer it, if she's joking or serious. He decides to go with in-between. Something a little serious, and something kind of a joke. "I don't do healthy, Mae. It's never as fun." He's not sure if he'd call what they were healthy. It's still too new and there's still too many things neither of them are willing to say. So yeah, it's not, for now. But he's not exactly good and she's not either. "The best things in life rarely are.." He mutters it as she pulls away to go splash again.

Then she's pulling him in for a kiss that leaves a fluttery feeling in his chest. His hands come up to tangle into her wet hair and pull her against him. It's their first proper kiss of the day and he hopes it's not their last. When she finally pulls away, the flush has returned to his cheeks and he keeps her there a moment. He searches her face for a moment before holding her gaze. He doesn't see whore, or madam, or whatever other dark things she thinks of herself. He sees a girl, he sees Maeve, maybe for the first time really. No clouds of insecurity or doubt or fear. Just him and her and a puddle that needs to be splashed in.

She doesn't let him go and he's reluctant too. Another breath and his hands find her hips. "Show me how to dance first.. Then we can keep playing.." Hadn't he told someone he doesn't dance?
These conversations kill
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

His answer isn't what she was expecting. It makes more sense than anything else he could have said. He doesn't do healthy and she probably doesn't either. That doesn't mean anything though because he looks at her like she's the most precious thing he's ever seen. He looks at her and everything else seems to fade away. No one has ever looked at her the way he does and it's with that realization that she doesn't give a fuck if it's healthy or not because she wants this. She wants him.

So she does what any sane girl playing in the rain with her new boyfriend and she kisses him. It's odd to think of him that way, but she likes it. Locke, Loxley, lover, friend, boyfriend. He's all of those things, but more importantly he's hers. His fingers tangle in her soaked curls, drawing her closer until there's no space left between them. Even the rain can't find a place to slip in with the way they're presses together. Nothing but wet clothes and skin and lips moving against each other. When they part she looks up at him with bright eyes and flushed cheeks, a smile on kiss swollen lips. She feels good. Happy. It's been a while since she's felt like this. Then he's looking at her again like she's his whole world and her chest almost aches with it.

His request is soft. Words almost lost in the rain with the way he murmurs them, but Maeve is close enough to catch them and realize how precious they are. Locke's hands find her hips, bucking up wet fabric as he holds her close. Her expression softens, "Okay.." She reaches for one of his hands, taking a hold of it as her other comes up to his shoulder. "Just follow my lead." Another smile finds her lips, somehow sweeter than the last as she starts guiding them through a simple combination, water splashing around their ankles as she guides them both in a slow circle. Once he seems to have the hang of it she spins away from him and then back in again, "Not too shabby and here I was thinking you had two left feet."
catching my death
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE
Driving faster in my car
Just follow her lead? Hasn't he been doing this the whole time? Or something akin to it? But he takes her hand, letting her push and pull him this way and that. Her smile gets one of his own as she looks up at him. How did he get here again? This isn't where he's supposed to be. He's Locke, the thief, the conman, the wanna-be dragoon. He's not a lover, not someone's partner. But she's got his hand and maybe even a little bit of what's left of his heart.

When she spins back into his arms, he tucks her against him, pressing a kiss to her face. "Think you're just being nice.." But he does take more of the lead, trying his best to follow what she's taught him. It helps that there's no music for him to try to keep time to, just the rain and the beating of his heart. He's still not sure of the feeling that prickles in his chest as he looks down out at her, but he does know there's a steady heat building in his belly. The way her body presses against his, the way she moves, he's trying to be good, he really is. The hand on her hip tightens, just a bit, as he pulls her against him.

"Do you want to keep going?" Dancing, playing, whatever. He's not entirely sure what he's asking for as he leads her into another spin, watching the way the water rolls off her shoulders.
These conversations kill
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

They've been dancing this whole time. Whether or not either of them realize it. A constant push and pull. Their steps changing at every turn. They were out of sync before. Off rhythm. Stepping on toes and bumping elbows. They've figured it out now, she thinks. Maeve looks up at him, watching as rain drops cling to his skin, rolling along his jaw and pressing wet kisses to his lips. She has a lot to figure out. So much to learn, but when their eyes meet she loses the ability to breathe.

Maeve spins away from him, hair whipping with the motion and coming back to clean to her cheeks as she makes her way into his arms once more. He delicately tucks her into his chest, lips brushing across her cheek in a wet kiss as rain drops cling to her skin. "Can't I just be nice to my boyfriend?" Maeve murmurs his own words back to him, twisting them to fit the situation as a smile plays on her lips. He takes over the dance now, leading them through the steps as rain soaks them to the bone, but the heat of his body keeps her from shivering. There is no one out and about to see them. To witness the way they sway in the rain and fall deeper into each other. His hand tightens on her hip, fingertips pressing into her skin as her tank top rucks up just enough to bare that delicate flesh of her hip to his touch. She looks up at him with a spark of something swirling in soft green eyes as he pulls her more snugly against him.

His question reaches her throat the rain and she hides her grin as to not give away her plans as he spins her away from him again. Their arms are fully extended, fingertips just grasping each others before she's slipping away from him. Maeve turns and suddenly takes off, sprinting away from him as she laughs, glancing back at him from over her shoulder, daring him to chase her, to catch her, to keep her.
catching my death
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE
Driving faster in my car
She presses little kisses along his jaw and he shivers despite the cold. It's always going to be this way, he thinks. Push and pull. But at least they're in sync now. Instead of both pushing and pulling at once. It really is like a dance. One he's been reluctant to try again. Is she allowed to be nice to him? Well, he can't really stop her, can he? So yeah, she's allowed. It doesn't help that she's twisting his words around to fit her needs either. He kind of likes it though, in a masochistic way. She spins away from him again and he's about to pull her back when suddenly she's sprinting away from him. The look she gives him only adds to his confusion. But only for a moment.

A laugh bubbles up in his chest as he watches her, waiting for a moment before he follows after her. If she wants him to chase, he will. He takes off after her, slipping on wet stone as he tries to catch up to her. She's had a fair head start, what with his confusion and all. And maybe he's content to play a little before he grabs her. He's not sure what this is all about but he's not going to knock it either. There's no one around to see what fools they are and even so, he wouldn't care.
These conversations kill
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

He doesn't chase her at first and it makes her steps falter. She slips on slick stone, barely keeping her balance as she slows just enough to make sure he's going to follow. He does a moment later, stumbling just as she did and she giggles. Maeve blinks rain from her eyes, taking off across the plaza with no where really in mind to go except away from him. Until he catches up. Which is ultimately the goal. Maeve thinks that she might actually keep her lead, but it's been a while since she's worked out. Since she's had the opprotunity to stretch out her muscles between the monsoons and her injuries. She's winded sooner than she might be under usual circumstances, having to slow down lest the burning in her lungs becomes too much.

His arms are around her seconds later, grabbing her waist and she squeals in delight, kicking her feet out as he lifts her from the cobblestones. She's laughing, bright and clear, the sound like music in the air as she squirms in his arms. "No fair! You have longer legs!" Maeve pouts, laughter still bubbling up past her lips as she twists in his arms, her own coming up to loop around his neck as her head tilts back to look up at him. Her chest heaves, pressing against his as she catches her breath, the rain water making the tops of her breasts obvious through the saturated fabric of the tank top.
catching my death
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE
Driving faster in my car
His arms wrap around her and he swings her around just because he can. She's small and light in his arms and her laugh is worth every ounce. He puts her down after a moment and she twists to look up at him. A grin splits his face, "I told you that you wouldn't win a race against me.. I even let you have a head start." A breath before he's kissing her, deepening it even if his chest is heaving. When he pulls away, he's grinning and he holds her gaze for a moment before looking down. The slight flush on his face deepens as he watches water bead in the swell of her breasts. The fabric does little to cover her with how wet it is. He takes a sharp breath, half tempted to step back and see more.

Locke swallows down his lust and presses a kiss to her nose. "When you're really healed up, you have to race me, properly, okay?" His hands slip under the fabric of her shirt to find her hips, pulling her against him. Another kiss is pressed to her skin as he tucks her head against his chest. His heart is racing and there's a long pause as he looks down the street from where they just came. Another beat before he's letting her go to take off himself.

Except he only gets about twenty feet before sliding on the stone and falling, unable to catch himself in time. Hey look! Another puddle to splash into! Locke rolls onto his back, still in the puddle and just laughs because he's such a fucking idiot.
These conversations kill
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

She narrows her eyes at him, growling playfully, "You have an unfair advantage. You've been doing all this training and I've been stuck inside." Maeve argues back because it's a valid point and it matters, damn it! It doesn't, but she's not going to let him have the win that easily. He silences whatever other arguments she prepares to make, drawing her into a kiss that steals what little breath she managed to get back in her lungs. Fingers slip into wet curls, tightening at the nape of his neck as she arches against him, lungs protesting the lack of air as they burn beneath her ribs. It doesn't matter. He tastes like rain and warmth and the tea from earlier. She wants to keep tasting him over and over again, but he breaks the kiss so both of them can suck in greedy gulps of air.

Locke leans back in and she thinks it's for another kiss and it is, but it's placed against the top of her nose, causing it to wrinkle as she giggles. "Deal. I'll definitely kick your ass then." She probably won't, but he doesn't need to know that. Maeve looks up at him through her lashes, smiling as she presses snugly against him, leaving little room between them. The heat in her belly is at a steady simmer, not having a chance to die down with all the kisses they keep stealing and the way his hands always seem to find her skin. His touch sears against her rain slicked skin, chasing away the chill that clings to her and she goes willingly when he pulls her forward.

His heart thunders under her ear where she's pressed against his chest and she knows her own matches his. Maeve is about to comment when he's suddenly pulling away from her and taking off back in the direction that they came. "Get back here!" She calls after him, already laughing as she makes to take off after him. He doesn't make it far before he's slipping and falling into another puddle, flat on his back as the rain falls down on him with little care. "Fucking hell! Are you okay?" She rushes towards his side, worried for a moment before his laughter fills the air. Her grin turns devious as she leaps forward, both feet together and flat as they land into the puddle, making her biggest splash yet. Of course he gets doused in the process.
catching my death
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE
Driving faster in my car
She's right, honestly. He's spent well over the last month doing hard training. She had a building fall on her. It's really not fair but he's a cheat and he'll take his win, thank you. She accepts his challenge too and he'll take that. It's another excuse to goof off, to play around, and they both need it. Things sure as hell haven't been easy for her lately and he's been in his head. Playing gets you out of that.

Especially when you're flat on your back in a puddle. Maeve rushes over to check on him for a moment before splashing him. How fucking rude, Maeve?! Locke lays there, a scowl on his face for a moment before grabbing her ankle. He hasn't thought further than this honestly. For a second he thinks about pulling her down with him but he doesn't want her to get hurt so instead he pushes himself up. He's kneeling now, one hand wrapped around her ankle and a maybe devious thought in his head. A pause before he leans over, running his tongue along the side of her thigh. The warm rain water mixes with the soft floral flavor of her skin and he groans softly. He bites her lightly before letting go of her ankle and standing up.

He looks at her for a moment, serious, before he's laughing again. His face is red and his hair is sticking to his forehead. "Fuckin' rude.. Splashin' a man while he's down.."
These conversations kill
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

She's feeling pretty proud of herself. That was an impressive splash and she thinks he might praise all that she's managed to learn about playing in puddles, but that isn't what happens. His fingers wrap around her ankle and her eyes go wide, expecting to be tugged down with him. Maeve sticks her arms out, letting them windmill as she tries to stay balanced. He has other plans it seems, moving onto his knees and leaning into her. Dark brows knit together in confusion, one hand coming to grip his shoulder so she stays upright, and her nails bite into skin through the soaked fabric of his shirt. It isn't until she suddenly feels the heat of his tongue running up the inside of her thigh, stopping just short of the hem of her shorts before his teeth press against the sensitive flesh there.

Maeve swallows thickly, cheeks flushing as he releases her and stands, easily towering over her. She tilts her chin up, looking at him with slightly parted lips, trying to catch up with him. He starts to laugh again and she huffs, pushing lightly at his chest, "You normally wouldn't complain.." Maeve drawls and she's absolutely not talking about getting splashed by rain water. It's up to him to figure that one out for himself.

With rain chilled fingers she reaches up, brushing his hair back from his forehead, smiling softly at the way his curls are completely plastered to his head much like her own. The water making the auburn strands darker, "Ready to go inside yet or do we have more puddles to splash in?"
catching my death