Just a Shopping Trip
Iris 'Siri' Acquarone
Wanderer

Age: 22 | Height: 176 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 1 - Strg: 5 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 8 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Nell Offline
Change author:
MP: 85

Iris felt refreshed, mixing in with the crowd. Wandering the wilds in solitude had taught her that the hermit’s life wasn’t her cup of tea. In fact, if she had anything to say about it, her tea would be served in dainty, ornate cups and brought to her by servants. She briefly traced her fingers across the smooth porcelain of the cups and dishes laid out on the stall in front of her, moving on to gorge her eyes on the next thing.

Like a dragon, she flitted from one shiny stall to the next. She hadn’t bought anything yet, and even though she’d arrived at the market with a goal in mind it seemed to slip away as the next trinket caught her interest.

IriS|SirI
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: N/A - Strg: 14 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 0 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
October
when the night falls on you
& you don't know what to do
Despite being pregnant, Tobi has found herself out walking more these days than ever before. Normally she could sit content in her office for hours and hours working on various charts and attending to patients. But now, pregnant and huge, her feet itch if she stays still too long—not to mention how much her bones seem to ache. So here she is, out in the sun in a dress that she once swam in but that now tightly hugs her curves.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" Tobi's voice is bright and apologetic as she turns toward the woman she's just bumped into. Normally quite willowy and lean, now sporting as large of a baby bump as she was, the doctor has lost all sense of how big she is or where her body was in space. She'd stumbled into Iris quite hard with her shoulder, after having tripped over a bit of trash left littered on the cobblestones. ,"Gods, sometimes I think I should walk around with a hula hoop attached to me so that I don't knock into things." Although...wouldn't the hoop just do that instead?
nothing you confess
could make me love you less
Iris 'Siri' Acquarone
Wanderer

Age: 22 | Height: 176 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:

Iris let out a low chuckle at the comment, the expression of escalating annoyance subsiding into amusement. ”Absolutely. Protect that child from the crowd of shoppers. They’re merciless.” Iris proclaimed, eyes narrowing at the crowd. ”You’re the fifth person to bump into me today. I keep checking my pockets thinking I must be getting robbed.” She complained, a chuckle now slipping out at her own account, light and incredulous. If she were back at home, her pockets would have surely been emptied by now.

”Say, do you happen to know if any decent glassblowers have a stall here?”, Iris asked the woman, her hands instinctively going over her clothes and casually feeling out her pockets and their contents. Miraculously, they were all still present.

IriS|SirI
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
October
Tobi's sunny smile contorts into a wince as she nods in agreement. Just as quickly she holds up her hands as if in mock surrender. "I promise, the only thing I'm looking to steal is a new pair of feet." She replies with a laugh, hers very much feeling like they've been inflated a few shoe sizes larger than normal.

"Mmm.." Pursing her lips and narrowing her eyes through a thick curtain of bangs, Tobi puts a hand on her belly as she considers. "Well...The best one I know of is..." Tobi's smile turns crooked as her lips twitch. "He isn't the nicest, but he's the best. There's another woman, quite young, who has a real nack for it, but she can be hit or miss whether or not she takes on a commission."
nothing you confess
Iris 'Siri' Acquarone
Wanderer

Change author:

Letting an amused scoff past her lips at the cheerful woman’s comment, Iris listened to her explain both options. A brief moment later she made her decision. ”Point me to the grumpy one,” she said resolutely. She could deal with attitude. Having been surrounded by disagreeable people her whole life, she’d grown accustomed to bouts of dissatisfied grumbling followed by the occasional insult. It almost felt strange if no stress lingered in the air. ”I’m hoping he won’t ask for a golden fleece and the blood of a virgin in return?”

”We should get you some new feet too,” Iris added, gently nudging the woman’s arm. ”How about those?”. Iris pointed at a pair of moderately hairy feet propping up a man’s shapely legs. ”Why not take the whole leg? It should make carrying that extra weight around easier. Look at that muscle,” Iris pointed out appreciatively.

IriS|SirI
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
October
Tobi grins. "That all depends on what you're asking for in return. Though.." She runs a hand over her belly and chuckles. "If it's a virgin, I'm afraid I won't be any help. That said, as a doctor, I tend to be able to throw my weight around a bit." Tobi would never withhold treatment of course, but crotchety old men tended to find themselves in her care more than younger men did. Or at least, for more painful reasons usually.

Glancing along Iris's eye line, the doctor can't help her bright laugh. "Nice and wide. Probably good stability." Nodding at the mention of muscle, Tobi snickers under her breath. "Why not just buy the torso and arms they're attached to? I think I'd rather like to be carried around. I'd certainly get bumped into less that way." Gods, but wouldn't it be nice to just swap bodies with someone right now? Even just for a few minutes? Taking a deep breath without feeling sharp pains or the need to constantly pee would do October a world of good.

Alas..."Come on, this way." She says with a nod of her head. "I'm October, by the way."
nothing you confess
Iris 'Siri' Acquarone
Wanderer

Change author:

So that's what it was. Iris had noticed something particular about the woman. It turned out it was the air doctors carried. A hint of firmness in her posture indicative of a clinical detachment between the friendly woman and the rest of the sickness prone populace. "A doctor you say? So you know exactly where to poke him if he acts up." It was the farthest from what she'd expect the doctor to do, but something prompted Iris to tease the woman.

Maybe it's because doctors made her feel uneasy.

She nodded along at October's reasoning. "Good thinking. I'm not so sure about the head they come with, though. So much hair...", she grimaced slightly, wondering what sort of face might be buried underneath. "I'm Siri," she responded with an easy smile. "Looks like I was lucky to bump into you. A doctor and a guide all in one. You work in the Tower?" She followed October as they wound their way around shoppers and stalls.

IriS|SirI