thanks for stopping by
Phoebe
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
this love's too good to last
Once upon a time, Ronin Taliesin had been rather a vagabond of the Silk Houses. More for the bars and the fight clubs, in all honesty, but there had been a couple of occasions where he'd paid a visit to Mother Molly's. Stormbreak runs on favours, and those he'd accrued at the brothel occasionally got cashed in. Tonight is one such occasion - Ronin has been tasked with sitting down, looking pretty, and being very obviously present in the lounge area.

No inappropriate touching (he had made that clear, and he's sticking to it), no plying him with drink, no needless small talk. Just the Dragon, the Dark Star, Safrin's chosen, making himself very much at home in the most famous silk house in the district.

And honestly, it isn't all that bad. Ronin is bored, it's true, and he's biding his time while he counts down towards midnight so he might leave, but there are worse ways to spend an evening.
and i'm too old to dream

RONIN
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe

Amongst the crowd faces familiar and new likely bobbed about, customers and prostitutes, barmaids and barbacks weaving around in the haze of booze, sex, and indulgence. Here and there perhaps a glimpse of golden waves or a delicate hand might catch his eye - visions of a person whose presence in Caido had waxed and waned like the moon since his arrival.

But whyever would Phoebe be at Madame Molly's?

Well for one, why not? She was Frey's demigoddess after all, and she knew well the fondness they had for sex workers. She had wished to see the operation, comparing it to the Halenani Frey had built. And for two, she heard they made a very lovely drink called sangria she had wished to try, a glass of which she now held in her hands. But as more men made their way in, their eyes following her in ways she did not appreciate, the Nightingale sought a refuge.

"Ronin?" she exclaimed as she finally stepped near enough to see clearly. "Is that really you?"
i'll let you into my soul
but wipe your feet at the door
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Ronin has finally gotten himself a drink as well - he said no plying, not no drinking - and he's been nursing a frosted glass filled with rum for some time when a familiar voice chimes through the air. And the fact that she calls his name is another indication that he apparently knows this person, the Star turning to offer a confused smile that is nonetheless bright for seeing Phoebe.

"I could say the same thing to you," he shoots back, sitting up a bit and gesturing for her to join him on the sofa he's been lounging again. "I didn't know you were in Stormbreak, Phoebe. It's been a long time - how are things? What brings you here?"
and i'm too old to dream

RONIN
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Phoebe

The former Madame had indeed changed quite a bit since he had seen her last - most notably the length of her hair which now fell in golden waves past her waist. But she grinned as she sat, ankles crossing. "I suppose that's true." she giggled. "A bit hard to keep in touch when gods decide to whisk you away for seasons at a time with no notice." Phoebe sipped her drink, brown eyes widening and lips pursing. Well clearly Mother Molly's was not short of libations - though she hadn't quite expected that bite from what appeared to be wine and fruit.

"I didn't come with much fanfare." she said with a small smirk. In fact, she had done her best to keep a low profile, though she had a sneaking suspicion that the Order knew of her presence anyways. "Frey brings me here. Or their work rather. They need help with trying to prevent the catastrophic effects a war can bring." Her gaze cast down briefly, staring into her drink. They were both from Northaven and knew all to well the extremes that could result from desperation to preserve life. "And what about you? Gallantly saving the world in a burst of stars?"
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
"Now that is something I can entirely agree with," Ronin says with a smirk, lifting his glass in a toast to it and taking a sip. He listens to her explanation with a soft tilt of his head, realising belatedly that she does look quite different to how he remembers her, and it isn't just the length of her hair. "Were you chosen by Frey?" he asks suddenly, as if some part of him has recognised that spark of something within her that they share in common.

As for him? "I wish," he murmurs, his smile twisting a bit into something a little more bitter and sad. "Safrin brings me here, to help with the war effort. Just like you, but more fighty," he mumbles. "I'm a member of the Order, and I train the Stormbreak Dragoons. Remi and I live here in the Pacifist Plaza with our son."
and i'm too old to dream

RONIN
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe

The Nightingale lifted her glass and sipped her drink in time with the Fallen Star. Between him and Remi, the pair surely had more than enough god-given adventures to last a lifetime. Wanted or otherwise - though mostly otherwise based on the what she knew. Her head tilted, caught off-guard by his question. "Yes, I was. Though you are the first to notice off the cuff like that." she said with a small smile. "Do you have demigod identifying powers now?" she said in half-jest. It seemed he had some new ability every time they met!

"It is probably good judgement that your role is more fighty than mine." she said with a playful smirk. It was rare for her to see Ronin so vulnerable - the last time she could think of had been after Aiofe was born and he had no clue what to do with a child. At the mention of the Order though, her eyes cast down. "Frey has no interest in me being involved in all the politics...but I've met Cian once and I am not certain I will be given a choice but to do so in the near future." she admitted softly. Ronin's admission only confirmed that Cian sought to surround himself with people like them...and she wasn't comfortable with it in the least.

But political woes aside, her ear caught a bit of much more interesting and important information! "Your son?" she said, eyes wide. "Another child with Safrin?" she guessed. Surely that was how such a child would have come to be - it was how Seren had been brought to the world after all. And the couple had never taken advantage of Frey's offer to have a child through her after all! How else?
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
Ronin smiles sheepishly, rolling his glass between his hands and shaking his head. "No new powers like that," he says with a soft laugh. "No, it's just that I've noticed that anyone who ends up in Stormbreak because of the gods aren't exactly run of the mill. Me, Remi, Amalia... we've only been missing a Frey until now." He winks. It's not easy to be playful about something like this, but he does his best. "And I remember that you have been close with them for some time. Congratulations to you."

Nodding as Phoebe speaks of the order, he lifts his glass to his lips again. "That does seem to be the way yeah," he agrees. "There's a war coming and everyone is starting to notice. It's like a party you really didn't want to be invited to," he says.

Luckily, the Nightingale knows just how to pull his head out of the stormclouds, and Ronin simultaneously brightens and relaxes as they speak about his family. "No," he says softly, still sounding a little awed by it. "He's all ours. He came out of a dream - don't ask me how it works. Some deal with Ludo, some magic between Remi and I. His name is Mateo - he'd probably love you to pieces."
and i'm too old to dream

RONIN
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe

Me, Remi, Amalia...

Now it was her turn to smile sheepishly. "I'm not sure it is fair to you or the others to lump me in with you all. I still hardly know what all I can do, and what I can isn't exactly star explosions and dream walking." she said with a small laugh. The midwife had held the trio in very high regards for some time and despite her newfound powers she still felt insignificant. The little sister who could never quite reach the same heights as her older siblings and their friends. "But...thank you. I'm glad Frey sees some potential to do something helpful at least."

Wide eyes cast down, nodding slowly as the Fallen Star spoke. "A shame...I usually love parties." she sighed before sipping her drink.

But talk of babies was always a topic to lift her spirits. Her eyes widened as she looked up in awe. Ludo had...made a living thing? That seemed...odd but what did she really know about what the gods under Mort could or couldn't do? "Mateo! Oh such a handsome name! I would like to love him to pieces right back!" she said with a grin, visions of baby grins and toes and tiny shoes dancing before her eyes.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
"Now I don't believe that at all," Ronin murmurs, tipping a wink to Phoebe as he downs the rest of his drink. "Just because there's no star explosions or dreamwalking, it doesn't mean you aren't powerful or important. You were chosen for a reason - hone those skills and you'll be a force to be reckoned with," he assures her. "And," he adds, "if you are ever worried about not being able to handle yourself, come and do some training with me for an afternoon. I'll whip you into shape."

Sighing somewhat dramatically, he can't help but nod to the woman beside him. "Me too," he says. "Do you know how long it has been since I attended a party without some tragedy interrupting it? Too long."

Mateo, then, is a good distraction for them both. "He's a handsome boy," Ronin says with a proud grin. "You will have to come to dinner to meet him."
and i'm too old to dream

RONIN
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe

Phoebe smiled warmly, finishing her own drink. Thankfully it seemed her metamorphosis hadn't affected the tolerance for alcohol she had built up at the brothel. "Thank you, Ronin. I would like that..." she said, a mischievous smirk curving her lips. "I'll be interested to see how you can hone healing minor wounds while causing intense pleasure into a force to be reckoned with." she snickered.

The Nightingale sighed and nodded in agreement with Ronin. Such occasions always seemed to end with monsters here. "I'd guess since Northaven...though that whole thing was a tragedy really."

But the mention if dinner had her perking up. "Oh! Yes, of course! And that can be our own mini, very private party!" she giggled.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
Raising his eyebrows to hear the specifics of some of Phoebe's abilities, Ronin can't help but laugh, and it's clear from the expression on his face that he knows exactly what to do with something like that. "Wouldn't it be a shame if someone came onto the battlefield and started healing the enemy side, only for them to be completely distracted while we steal a victory." He bounces his eyebrows at her.

As for their gathering compared to Northaven's, Ronin nods and gives a bright smile to his friend. "I'll get it all arranged - leave it to me." Little does he know, of course, that fate will have him turning towards the Greatwood soon enough. He can invite Phoebe to dinner from there, though, right? Right.

"Anyway - I should let you get on with your night, and get myself out of here. I owed a favour so I promised to be here for a bit. Free advertising and all that." He shrugs.
and i'm too old to dream

RONIN
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe

As Ronin laid out a potential plan without hardly a moment's hesitation, Phoebe's own eyes widened. The Nightingale began to snicker, unable to help the amusing images playing out before her mind's eyes. "I'm not sure Frey would approve of it but... all's fair in love and war, right?" she said with an amused grin. She highly doubted that Frey had had such a plot in mind when bestowing her with her ability, but they were one to admire creativity. Just generally between the sheets, not in a grand battle plan.

Phoebe nodded, noting that it was likely time she headed home herself. She had done her own investigating of the place - and the sangria - and there was not much reason for her to stick around if Ronin was headed home. "And you have a family to get home to after all." she grinned. "Say hello to Remi for me. It was really good to see you again."
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
the wounds are open and bleeding out
"That is exactly the sentiment I would expect from Frey, actually," Ronin says with a flash of a smile, rising to his feet and setting his glass down on a nearby table for one of the workers to clear away once they are gone. He means it, too, the suggestion he's offered to Phoebe - whether any of them like it or not, war is on its way, and any creative means of dealing with it are likely going to be appreciated by the old gods. Perhaps that can wait until after dinner another time.

Smiling to the Nightingale, Ronin nods and heads to the door, holding it open for Phoebe to join him as they depart from Molly's. "It was good to see you too, Phoebe. Hopefully it won't be quite as long next time before we meet again." Little does Ronin know, that will be a lot sooner than expected.

~FIN

THE
DARK STAR

Table coding by Sky