[SE] pitter patter
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
ADAM
It was definitely night time. Before anything else about this scene is established, it is important that it is known that it was night. The beach was dark except for a few torches along the cliff side and the moonlight on the water. Adam, though, had been able to see the colours of the Rainbow Road bouncing and shifting with the rain; it came down hard, possibly a last remnant of the monsoons but without the dangerous winds.

There was a monumental, huge puddle in the rocks of the beach, just close enough to the Rainbow Road to have gained some of it's colour. Maybe it was childish, but the second he'd seen it, Adam had wanted to jump in it.

But that wasn't the kind of thing you could do alone.

That was how he'd ended up at Maeve's door in the middle of the night - he figured she'd probably be awake anyway - telling her to come down to the beach right now. Grabbing her hand and laughing somewhat like a mad man (was this it? Had he finally broken? How much tragedy could you take before you just started going insane?) he lead her down the road, down the path, to the beach. The rain was beginning to subside, now just lighting beating the surface of the water, but the puddle remained.

"Look at that!" Adam invited, soaking wet and yelling with his arms open, stood on the edge of the colourful puddle. "We have got to jump in it."
Look who makes their own bed
Lies right down within it
Base Code by Sky!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Lucky for Adam, Maeve doesn't usually sleep much when it rains. She never has. So of course she's there to answer the door in nothing more than a small pair of shorts and a thin camisole. If it was anyone else (except Locke), Maeve probably would have told them to go fuck themselves. She wasn't going out in the rain. No way no how. It's Adam and she adored Adam. Of course she let him drag her down to the beach through the pouring rain until they got to the thing that was so important.

She pushed her soaked curls from her face, releasing his hand as she came to a stop at the edge of the puddle, toes barely dipping into the somehow warm water. "Okay, now I understand why you dragged me out of bed." Maeve laughed, shaking her head and sending water flying everywhere. Some most definitely splattered on him. Not that it mattered. They were both already soaked to the bone. She grinned at him, eyes bright, "I bet I can make a bigger splash than you!" Maeve baited, backing up more than a few paces before she was sprinting forward and she leapt forward graceful, changing her form at the last moment and making sure her feet were together to make the biggest possible splash.

Which would have been perfect, but this puddle was more like a deep tide pool and when she jumped in she was suddenly up to her knees. It definitely went deeper if they were to wade out. The splash was big. So big that drops reached all the way Adam where he was still standing on the edge. She looked back at him, smile bright and a mischievous glint in her eyes. "Come on, Adam. Don't be a pussy."
If you love me let me go
Cause these words are knives that often leave scars
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
ADAM
Adam didn't know just how privileged he was that Maeve had agreed to come with him; in his mind, if someone came to your door in the middle of the night promising adventure you had to go with them. No matter who, rain or not, you just had to.

Her cool enthusiasm was appreciated; he thought he'd have to start the jumping but Maeve surprised him, an impressive run-up leading into a leap forward into the water. Adam 'whooped' and threw a hand in the air in encouragement. The pool was indeed deeper than had been expected and he would have felt bad for her wet legs, had they not already been in a torrential rainstorm.

"Oh, I'm gonna make a massive fucking splash!" Adam promised, and this was something he could deliver on; as he jumped, he shifted his gravity to be as heavy as he could (luckily he didn't feel pain, or he'd have some very sore feet). The run up, the jump, then pssshhhh!!-- the little pool exploded into a big splash. Honestly, it was a bit more than he was expecting and Adam stood in the middle of the rippling water for a moment blinking before breaking into a large grin. "How was that?"
Base Code by Sky!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

Maeve's laugh rang out brightly in the night, rising over rain and sloshing water to reach him where he was on the shore as he cheered for her. She clutched her belly as it started to ache from her giggles, watching as he he backed up, promising a splash to rival all splashes. Boy did he deliver. The water sloshed almost violently around her legs, a practical geyser shooting into the air around them and mixing with the rain water as it fell back towards the pool, soaking them both further. She squealed, shielding her face from majority of the splash back and wiping off the rest as she smiled back at him. "Pretty fucking impressive. Not gonna lie."

Her eyes sparkled mischievously as rainbows danced across her skin and she leaned down suddenly, using her hand to send a splash his way before making to dart away. The Madame stopped every few steps to splash him again, sloshing through the warm pool as she grinned. "Try and keep up, darling. This is just pitiful!" She goaded, backing away from him, deeper still, but ever mindful of the water level even as she sent another large splash his way.
If you love me let me go
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
ADAM
"Hell yeah. The Voice gives you heavy feet, that's what they're for." He joked, sticking out his tongue; he was sure there was some more practical thing the gift had been meant for, but Adam felt delightfully rebellious when he found what he thought were loopholes in the Voice's plans: using his upgrades for fun, getting a boner when she didn't want him to, talking to Accepted...

He snorted as she splashed him with her hand. "The fuck was that? Little piddly hand splash?" Adam teased, willingly following Maeve as far back as she was willing to go (though glad he had his dark vision, so he could watch her in the night time ocean carefully).

"You know Ascended can breathe underwater? Or...well, don't breathe at all? I think I'm gonna win any splashing battle you try to start." Adam informed her with a wink, stomping some more water her way (but only enough that it went up to her knees, he wasn't trying to wash her away to sea).
Base Code by Sky!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

A dark brow arched as she looked over at him, clearly not believing that his heavy feet were actually for splashing around in puddles. However, Maeve was all for rebellion. She'd happily help him riot against the Voice in stupid little ways. Be it getting boners or fucking talking to Accepted. "Oh yes. I'm sure that's absolutely what they're for. That and helping a whore rebuild her house." Maeve laughed, sending another splash his way as she backed further away from him.

"It was not piddly. You want me to kick water at you instead? Fucking smart ass." She shot right back, using both hands to splash at him, looking back over her shoulder as she waded deeper into the water. Maeve couldn't see as well as him, lacking the same dark vision he had, but she felt confident enough that she wasn't going to plummet over an edge. Up to her hips how, Maeve turned her attention back to him, squealing in delight when he splashed her again.

She wiped at her face, a devious smirk curling on her lips as she dared him closer to her with a crook of her fingers. "I could think of plenty of other uses for such a gift." Maeve purred, cocking her head to the side as she held out a hand for him, inviting him to take it.
If you love me let me go
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
ADAM
"Hey now, that whore is my friend." Adam corrected her teasingly; honestly, it was rare for him to have a friend that wasn't some kind of societal outcast. Speaking of helping her rebuild though, he rubbed the back of his neck and laughed. "Uh, sorry about having to stick to one shadow there. I...forgot I can't really go out in the day. It's a fucking pain in the ass."

Her splash was admittedly bigger this time but Adam made a show of standing there unmoved, no sting in his eyes or cold on his skin to react to; crossing his arms he raised an eyebrow. "Seems kinda piddly to me, Maeve."

Venturing further into the water (maybe he couldn't feel the cold, but he could absolutely feel his leather pants clinging to every nook and cranny of his crotch) he took the hand, looking out to sea, where rain still bounced up drops from the ocean that caught the moonlight. "Oh yeah? And what's that?"
Base Code by Sky!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

It was a silly thing to make her blush, but she felt the color rise to her cheeks anyway as a smile tugged on her lips, "Lucky her." Maeve giggled, holding his dark gaze for a moment before he was ducking his head almost shyly. It was endearing the way he seemed so concerned with the fact that he couldn't do more. When in reality Maeve had just been happy to have him there. "You risked basically blowing up for me. Can't really be mad at you for trying to keep that from happening. Hell, I'd be more pissed if you didn't hide in the shadows."

The moment is broken by her childish antics which he seemed completely unbothered by, clearly trying to prove a point. All it earned him was an arch of her brow and a pouty huff as she rolled her eyes at him. "I could say the same thing about your cock, but I'm going to be nice." She drawled, a smirk curling on her lips as she tried to keep from laughing at her own comeback. It couldn't be further from the truth and they both knew it, but a little teasing never hurt. Especially not when his ego was already so big.

Finally he joined her deeper in the water, taking her extended hand and Maeve didn't hide the way her eyes roved over his body. The water making his clothes cling to him much like hers did. Except his weren't nearly as transparent as her own. Skin on display through the sheer fabric of her pajamas as she brought his hand to her hip while her free arm looped around his neck, body pressing snugly against his. "Most of them involve you between my thighs, but given last time I'd say you wouldn't mind that too much."
If you love me let me go
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
ADAM
"Mmmhmmm. Lotsa people beg to be my friend." Or at least they had once in his old world (maybe only once or twice. While drunk. It still counted). Happy to hear that she didn't hold his shadow-hiding against him, he smiled and saluted to her as a quiet promise he'd keep on staying in the shade, as much as he didn't want to.

It was a special kind of hell to live in a beautiful sunny beach town and be forced to stay in the dark. At least there were nights like these, cold and dark and wet, where he could safely wander out.

Sticking out his tongue he gestured towards his crotch where Maeve would know, of course, that the most impressive of dicks laid. "Well you'd be be lying anyway!" If there was one thing Adam could actually prove, of all his egotistical brags, it was the gifts he'd been blessed with in that department.

It was definitely noticed that Maeve's clothes were delightfully transparent, but without the heat of arousal in his body anymore, Adam couldn't really summon the motivation to do much about it other than look and smirk. "Yeah, no, that's uh. A thing of mine. ...You know..." Distracted, looking down to the water, he pointed to the depths. "I've heard there's a whole fucking city down there."
Base Code by Sky!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

"Oh I have no doubt. How fortunate that I made the cut." Maeve huffed, wrinkling her nose up at him as she turned to press her back to his chest, leaning against him as they both turned their attention to the sea. Her smirk only widened and she shrugged her shoulders, "It might be a lie, but it's still funny to say." And it was. She of course knew first hand that he was incredibly well endowed in that respect and she had felt it the following day after their romp together. Her hands found his, drawing his arms around her waist in a loose embrace as a quiet hum pushed past her lips. "I'm well aware." Maeve found herself drawling, tilting her head back to grin up at him before she turned her attention back to the water, following his line of sight.

The idea of an underwater city sounded ridiculous, but then again, she had met a mermaid. So perhaps it wasn't that far out there. Still, the thought of attempting to find such a thing did very little for her except make her pulse pick up, fluttering rapidly as she drew in a breath. "There could be. Ocean is big... All sorts of things could be hiding in there." Maeve murmured, lips pursing as her brows knit together in consideration, "Can you swim?"
the only heaven I'll be sent to
is when I'm along with you
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
ADAM
"It was close." Adam said seriously, as if any real contest wouldn't have Maeve as the immediate winner for his affections. She was pretty much everything he looked for and had he met her at a different time in his life (before Ascension, before maturing, before marrying) he'd have definitely tried to take things further. As it was, he just stuck his tongue out at her and took her hand, looking out to the ocean.

Arms easily going around her waist as she pulled them there, idly thinking they had to look like the cover of the sexiest romance novel ever right now, Adam tilted his head slightly back and forth. "Not...great...no. But there's no reason I couldn't just make my feet real heavy and fucking walk across the ocean, right?" It wasn't like he had to breathe.

He was about to mention how he wouldn't feel the cold either when he paused and looked at Maeve, stood in the ocean with water dripping down her hair. "...Hey, we should probably get you back home or you're gonna freeze."
Base Code by Sky!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve rolled her eyes at him, huffing out a laugh at his blatant lie. It wasn't a close race at all. They both knew it. Just like they knew that had things been different they'd likely be tangled up together. Not that they weren't now, but it wasn't the same. Not to the extent that they could have been. They weren't building a life together. They weren't doing any of that. They were tied in a way, but not like that. Maeve shook her head, "Oh I'm sure it was. I barely edged out everyone else. You don't have to lie to soften the blow." Maeve teased easily, leaning back into his chest as his arms came to rest around her waist.

To anyone that might have been passing by it would probably look like a tender moment shared between lovers. Maybe it was to an extent, but it would be silly to think of them as being more than that. Either way, they must have painted a pretty picture. Both soaking wet from the rain and the ocean, standing up to their knees in water as they stared out at the ocean. "I can't swim either. I'm trying to learn, but I'm not good at it." Maeve admitted, shrugging slender shoulders as she took a breath, "Wouldn't the pressure be too much when you got deeper? I don't really know how it all works."

It wasn't until he mentioned it that she felt the goosebumps on her skin or noticed the faint tremor of her fingers. Maeve sighed, glancing back at him with a small smile, "Probably right... Wouldn't be preferable to get sick when I have so much work to do." With that she untangled herself from him, still holding on to his hand as they made their way out of the water.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
ADAM
"I was born in the mountains and stayed there mostly - never saw this much water til I came here. You though...you live by the coast." Adam laughed and poked her softly in the side. "You should know how to swim!"

Teasing aside, he really didn't know enough about pressure or his new Ascended body to make a judgement on the possibility of walking to the Underwater City. "Suppose I could just walk til I start feeling rough." He said as a fill in, though that was probably not the smartest of plans (not that he'd ever made that his priority when making plans). Either way, he'd probably try something out soon. Why not, right? He'd already died once and not a right lot was going for him right now.

Depression forgotten as Maeve agreed they should get home, he took her hand and lead her back to the beach, squinted through the rain up at the town above them, the lights diffusing out over clouds and puddles. "We'll go get you warmed up by a fire, c'mon."
Base Code by Sky!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve huffed, swatting at his hand as he poked at her side, making her squirm in his grasp, "Oh shut it. I didn't have anyone to teach me before. I'm learning now, but I'm not very good." She was getting better. Slowly. Very, very slowly. It was a process, but she was willing to see it through. Maybe by next Longheat she will have it figured out.

She wasn't going to argue with him about it. Maeve shrugged her shoulders, glancing back at him with a small smile, "That's one way to do it, love. Maybe just be extra careful." She huffed playfully, wrinkling her nose as she turned back to face him head on now. Maeve pushed wet curls from her face, tangling their fingers together as they started back up the beach towards the city proper. The chill was starting to set in, goosebumps rising across her skin and making her teeth chatter as their feet sink into wet sand.

"You going to cuddle up with me for a bit? Lucky me." She teased, tugging him back towards where she was staying. Silence held them for a while, the sound of the rain and waves the only thing to break it as they walked hand in hand. "You know... I was thinking, I could use some extra eyes at the Halenani for security. You could have a job if you were interested. It would include a place to stay, food, and all of the other perks."