let our music play
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
Mature Content Warning 
Hotaru

It had taken a little longer than either woman had likely expected for the fated day of their reunion to come. With the Skyboats impaired, Hotaru had been forced to wait impatiently for Maeve to find her way back to Torchline before she could use the portal to Halo. But at last the day has come, and with it a whirlwind of preparation. Cleaning, fresh linens, outfit selection, painstaking primping and plucking of her body in the haven of her own spa. Never let it be said that Hotaru does not go to great lengths to impress those she intends to bed. Courting may be off the table for now - such an idea would require far more knowledge of Maeve’s character, and moving on from her own heartbreak - but Hotaru is certainly no slacker even when it comes to a single night with a lovely partner.

As such she can be found astride Atlas as they stand waiting at the portal, furred hood pushed back to reveal long golden hair that is sure to be recognizable even from a distance considering the woman had never met Atlas. The cold does not allow more enticing imagery in the elements, but what lies beneath will be far more intriguing.
soak me in your moonshine
and fuck me on fire
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Maeve wasn’t an impatient person by any means. Truly. She knew how to wait. She was more than willing, but the days dragged. She recovered well in Stormbreak in the company of Remi, Ronin, and Locke. She waited for letters from Hotaru with building anticipation. Each one holding something more enticing than the last. Finally, the day came. She was able to return to Torchline and with that return came the preparations for actually making a trek to Halo. Which, as it turns out, Maeve really doesn’t know what she needs. Besides the more intimate items, of course. Other than that, she brought the lavender they were going to potentially use in the glass and a special blend of tea just for the golden haired woman.

Her own coat isn’t thick enough for this weather. She bought one in Stormbreak along with some heavier travel clothes, but she wasn’t braced for the cold that was there to greet her when she came through the portal. Maeve hisses out a breath, the exhale puffing in a cloud of white steam in front of her as she wraps her arms around herself instantly, “Fucking hell.” The cold bites at her skin and she’s incredibly grateful that she doesn’t have to walk all the way to Snowcloak in this weather.

Green eyes quickly alight on Hotaru and if her teeth weren’t already chattering she’d surely give her a dazzling smile. Alas, her teeth are indeed chattering, but she looks no less lovely as her curls are tousled by the freezing winds. Maeve makes her way forward, boots crunching through the snow, “Don’t tell me you actually enjoy this cold?” She tries her best to tease through the chattering teeth.
Babe, there's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this
Oh what a sin
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Hotaru

Maeve’s emergence from the portal has Hotaru smiling, grin only turning impish with the immediate flinch away from the cold that she admittedly had anticipated. Though she takes a moment to let her gaze drag heavy from crown to toe, admiring the windswept curls and cheeks that begin to flush rose beneath the cold, it is a matter of moments before she is pulling her attention away to flip open one of Atlas’ saddle bags. In it is another of her coats - she has plenty, considering her previous business had been entirely dedicated to the making and mending of clothes - and she pulls it free as she simultaneously swings her legs over Atlas’ withers to gracefully jump down into the snow. Offering it to the younger woman, she grins at the chattering teeth and tightly clasped arms and holds the coat open to help Maeve into it.

“Enjoy? Darling, I ruled a kingdom with weather just like this for most of my life. I am not convinced I’m not part ice myself.” Her purring tone is catlike and playful, amused as always by the reactions of those who prefer hotter climates. Hotaru is quite adaptable and had adored Torchline of course, but her heart would always be taken by the northern reaches and their inhospitable ways.

Guiding Maeve over to Atlas, she strokes the unicorn’s dark dappled hide and smiles encouragingly. “Have you ever ridden before?” Though Atlas is free of bridle or any other controlling leathers, balance alone is a necessary component. Depending on her answer, Hotaru will place her in front or back; both delightfully intimate, and quite conducive to conversation as they travel. “This way we can get you out of the cold a little faster, hm?”
and fuck me on fire
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

Hotaru moves with grace and ease as she slips off of Atlas’s back, drawing an extra cloak from her saddle bag. The Madame doesn’t miss the way the other woman’s gaze takes her in. There isn’t much to see right now. All of her gentle curves and long limbs hidden away beneath her coat, but there will be plenty to admire in time. Maeve adjusts the small travel bag on her shoulder, managing a smile for the other woman as the term of endearment falls off of her tongue easily. “Ruled, huh? I’m already learning new things.” She hums, setting her bag down so that Hotaru can help her into the coat. It’s blessedly warm, cocooning her slender frame in the luxurious fabric, “I know you aren’t from Caido originally. Did you have your own kingdom then?” Maeve asks curiously, allowing the other woman to guide her towards her companion.

It wasn’t that Maeve didn’t like the cold, but she wasn’t used to it. The woman had only just recently dared to travel outside of Torchline. Admittedly, she wasn’t made for such travel. As soft as she was, it was incredibly clear that she was used to a very different kind of living. So it shouldn’t be any surprise that Maeve hadn’t ridden before. Still, she shakes her head, looking back at the other woman as she reaches out hesitantly to stroke Atlas’s neck, “Not this kind of riding.” Maeve quips with a smirk at curls on plush lips, the pink of them standing out against her pale skin.

"I would like that. I can’t say I was really prepared for this. Most of my belongings were lost in the storms." She admits, a touch of sadness sparking in the soft green of her eyes. "Obviously I didn’t let that stop me from coming." The woman reaches down for her bag, adjusting it over her shoulder once more before allowing Hotaru to help her onto Atlas wherever she deems the most suitable spot for her.
Oh what a sin
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Hotaru

As Hotaru helps guide Maeve’s arms through the cloak, she lets her fingertips teasingly glance over the woman’s neck as she pulls dark hair out and over the garment for the Madame. It’s true that Hotaru must be quite the mystery, as Maeve is to her, and this is not something she is hesitant to share. “I did. I ruled alongside Deimos - I’m unsure if you’ve met him yet, but he lives here as well - presiding over a kingdom known as the Aurora Basin.” Turning over her shoulder as she leads the way to Atlas’ side, Hotaru gives a sultry smirk. “Don’t worry, I won’t make you call me Queen. There are other delightful terms for you to use.” Her boldness far from reserved to only her inked letters and playful gifts.

Laughter bubbles out of her lips at the insinuation that falls from Maeve’s tongue, delighted and amused in turn. “You’ll find the motions are shockingly similar,” is her rebuttal, heterochromatic eyes dark and sparkling with mischief. Atlas meanwhile turns his crested neck to nudge at Maeve’s elbow, warm air puffing inquisitively against her arm as golden eyes survey her with an air of majesty. He does not lower himself, though he is more than capable; Hotaru is there to help after all, offering her knee gallantly to help boost Maeve up onto the unicorn’s back, listening raptly all the while to the words that fall from her pink mouth.

“Possessions can be replaced; souls cannot. Anything you have need of while you’re here will be readily given.” Hotaru has more than enough for the two of them, and zero misgivings about sharing freely with the younger woman. Nimbly swinging herself up behind Maeve with ease despite her short stature, she presses her thighs up behind the Madame’s, one arm coming to wrap around her waist as the other moves forth so her hand can loosely grab at the base of Atlas’ mane. As soon as they are settled, the massive unicorn swings loosely around, moving at a slow pace initially as he reads Hotaru’s intentions perfectly through their bond and allows Maeve to become accustomed to his gait. “Do you think you will rebuild?” It seems the right choice, but relocation or a new career is potentially within the cards as well, and Hotaru is curious where life will take Maeve.
and fuck me on fire
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

The teasing touch was not lost on the Madame and goosebumps erupt along her skin before the coat settles across her shoulders. There are many things Maeve doesn’t know about Hotaru. Just as there are many things she doesn’t know about Maeve. That was alright. It was only their first meeting and it seemed that both of the women wanted to leave things to be discovered outside of their written correspondence. She listens closely to the golden haired woman, boots crunching through the snow as they approach Atlas, “I haven’t met Deimos.” She hadn’t even heard of him, “You ruled together? How does that work? Surely it isn’t like the fairytales make it out to be.” Maeve grins playfully as she poses her question, truly interested to hear the woman’s answer. The statement earns her an arched brow and a positively wicked smirk, “No? Would you prefer mistress? Chérie? I could come up with all kinds of names for you.” The woman hums, drawing her bottom lip between her teeth for a moment.

Hotaru’s words earn her a delightful peal of laughter from the woman. The sound bright and full of light in the quiet of their surroundings, “Then I should hopefully be a natural.” Maeve shoots back easily, grinning back at the other woman with a mischievous glint of her own in her bright green gaze. The moment is broken by Atlas turning to nudge against her elbow, earning a surprised sound from the back of Maeve’s throat. It only takes her a moment to reach out and gently pet his velvety muzzle, a breath of awe pushing past her lips, but before she has a chance to really do much more she’s being helped up onto his back. It takes her a moment to find her center of gravity, but she manages.

If there was one thing Maeve was quickly learning about the other woman, it was that she was a giver. "You’re going to absolutely spoil me. You do realize that, don’t you?”  Maeve smiles as Hotaru molds herself against her back. Her thighs press alongside hers and she wraps an arm securely around her middle, keeping her balanced astride Atlas. She presses a hand over hers, helping to keep herself in place further. Instinctively her thighs squeeze around Atlas, trying to keep herself steady as he sets a slow pace for them, “I will. The Halenani has been my home for many years. It’s the only home I’ve ever had, but it wasn’t just mine. I have workers who have nowhere else to go. Other brothels aren’t as… caring for those who work inside.” She explains, knowing that Hotaru must have some idea of how those places can be when the people running them had little care for those who worked there.
Oh what a sin
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Hotaru

Admittedly Hotaru is deeply amused that Maeve has not heard of Deimos. The man is at times infamous, and she fully intends on teasing him with this minor revelation that he has yet to spread his prowess across all of Caido. Though admittedly the man himself preferring anonymity, it will likely only be a relief. “Oh, our rule was definitely no fairytale. We were not tied by love or marriage or any other nonsense; merely equals, brethren perhaps.” Words cannot describe what the man means to her, but this she guards slightly more strongly. Unwilling to share, to be vulnerable in such a way when her heart still hurts with every stuttering beat. “We conquered, invaded, and overturned many lands. Supported our allies, and crushed our enemies. We were a mighty, unstoppable force until the day our land itself perished. A far more bloody tale, but no less fantastical I believe.” Amusement thick and cloying in her tone even as she watches Maeve’s face slyly, wondering how the young woman will take this revelation of Hotaru’s bloodied hands and unparalleled might. So many overlook her, underestimate her; physically, she is unassuming. Oh, but how many times had she used that to her advantage? No, Hotaru is no shrinking violet. Her reign had been mighty and unbroken, and she is proud of that.

Caught in such memories, her own smirk is sharp and inviting, courting Maeve closer like a siren’s call. Though the language she speaks is one Hotaru does not share, the teasing tone alone is like blood in the water. “I’m sure we’ll have hours enough for your creativity to run dry. I do not see why you can’t call me all of them over the course of our time together.” She is quite well known for her stamina after all. If a marathon is what it takes for Maeve to make it through all those delightful names, then a marathon they shall have.

Loathe as she is to cut short the introductions between Maeve and Atlas, she fears more for the woman’s body heat; luxurious though the coat is, layers are a necessity in Halo, and Maeve had come unprepared for long moments in the cold. Getting her settled is a matter of seconds, and Hotaru’s laughter is a warm exhale against the curved shell of Maeve’s ear. “I see no harm in a little spoiling, do you? Not if proper thanks are given.” Hotaru’s arm around Maeve’s waist itches to descend, to let her fingertips trace the seam of the woman’s leggings, but she refrains and instead focuses on the response given. A hum of understanding escaping at the notion of far worse brothels and similar establishments. “I’d be happy to help you bring in...new management at those other locations if you need.” Violence is not out of place in Torchline after all. “But I would be happy to help you rebuild.” Even if it means returning once more to a place she’d rather never see again.

Atlas’ pace picks up to a long, extended trot, carrying them faster over the snow. Hotaru tightens her grip to ensure Maeve is not dislodged, helping rock her into the motions. It’s not too far of a journey - the smoke of her fireplace on the horizon is already visible, even if the spa’s walls are not. “Were you born there, then?”
and fuck me on fire
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

The Madame hangs on to every word, tucking this new information away to reside with everything else that she knows of the other woman. There was a lot she didn’t know of worlds outside of Caido. She hadn’t ever heard of the place Hotaru was from, but that only meant she was even more enraptured by what the woman had to share. “Somehow that sounds better than being bound by marriage or love. At least, in that situation.” How many tales had she read of things like arranged marriages for power or a princess becoming the queen after marrying a man she did not love? There were too many to count. What Hotaru had to say was much more appealing. The woman weaves her words together, sharing what she can of her past with Maeve. “Forgive me for saying, but I would have never guessed that you did all of that. I suppose that works to your advantage. Looking the way you do.” The Madame had the same advantage herself. It was no less intimidating to know that Hotaru could easily discard her if she wished, but maybe that was part of the thrill.

Hotaru’s smirk sends heat swirling in her belly and for a moment she isn’t so cold, but it passes whenever the other woman urges her to mount Atlas so they might get out of the cold. Of course Maeve isn’t aware of such dangers having not been in a climate like this before. She’s not bundled up properly and she can already feel the dampness sinking into her boots. “I’ll be sure to go through my whole list then. You’ll have to tell me your favorites.” Maeve replies sweetly, leaning against her a bit more than she likely needs to, but her warmth is enticing against her back and where her arm snakes around her waist. A shiver runs through her. Whether it is from the cold or the warm exhale of breath against the shell of her ear is hard to tell. “You’ll be pleased to know I have excellent manners. I know how to properly thank people for gifts.” Maeve replies matter of factly, a smile curling on her lips as a laugh of her own bubbles up in her chest.

The offer causes her brow to arch. That’s something she hasn’t considered before. Perhaps that would be for the best. If she could place some of her more senior girls in those positions instead, ensuring that they’re properly trained, then maybe they wouldn’t have the issue they did before. Men and women alike vying for a position at the Halenani. So many had to be turned away because there just wasn’t enough space. “That might be something to discuss. It would certainly make me feel better to know that the other establishments were being run properly.” With care and compassion. Maeve works hard to take care of her workers. It was something she prides herself on. “I’d be happy for your help. Thrilled even. I have a lot of ideas. I’m not well versed in actually building things so I would appreciate any guidance in that area.” She knew that Hotaru had plenty to avoid in Torchline. It was no small sacrifice the woman would be making.

Maeve presses her lips together, considering lying or changing the subject, but she’s trying not to lie anymore. It doesn’t do much good. “I was. I’ve lived in Torchline my whole life. I actually haven’t done much travelling until recently.” She’s not embarrassed about it. Mostly she never felt safe enough or well equipped to travel on her own. Plus she had work to do in Torchline. Especially when Phoebe was gone. "I'm sure it isn't hard to tell, but I don't get out too much."
Oh what a sin
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Hotaru

A wistful smile tinged with nostalgia pulls at wind-pinkened lips. “There are certainly worse ways to rule a land. I’m glad Caido does not seem restrained to those archaic ways - I find without them, ruling is far more effective.” In fact most of the lands here were ruled by singular figureheads and a council at best. Even less than Hotaru had grown accustomed to in her homeland. Though Maeve’s surprise is not at all unprecedented, Hotaru’s responding laughter is far from burdened or offended. “No forgiveness needed, it merely means it works, hm?” Glittering gaze slanted and amused, crinkling with her smirk.

Atlas’ pace is a soothing rhythm, and it affords her distraction to tune into Maeve’s words and the flirtations that are threaded within. “You did listen quite well to direction from what I gleaned from our letters,” she purrs, hiding her grin in Maeve’s dark hair as the wind tickles it against her cheeks, bringing with it the woman’s soft scent.

“I’ve helped construct more than a few buildings since I arrived in Caido. It’s like an entry class for citizenship, so you’ll be in good hands.” Her good humor is apparent even with her sarcasm. The Grounds in particular with its damaged ruins had been in constant need of repairs and new construction alike. Hotaru had also been enlisted to help build the VlamVloed, a few individual dwellings, and of course her own spa. Gods, she’d certainly been involved in more than she expected. “And you can have my hands in more...macabre fashions, if you need. Do some research on your competition, and let me know.” It’s not a decision the Madame needs to make now; Hotaru isn’t even certain of the woman’s stance on such brutal tactics.

As they approach the spa Atlas slows, the freshly cleared pathway making his hooves click as he treads over the stone. Giving Maeve her first full look at the spa from where she sits in front of Hotaru. “Never too late for some firsts, right? Especially with someone to show you around.” How much adventuring they would be doing would have to be seen - both women clearly have other things on their minds.
and fuck me on fire
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

“I like the way things are done here. I think that it works out for the most part.” Not that Maeve pays too much attention to politics or everything in between. She runs her business and takes care of those under her. Anything outside of that wasn’t something she really concerned herself with. The laughter that rings out into freezing air is a welcome warmth and Maeve can’t help laughing along softly, cheeks a pleasant shade of pink as she smiles, tightening her grip on the woman’s arm that’s wrapped around her waist. “Indeed it does. I would have never guessed you to be so dangerous.” She teases, drawing her bottom lip between her teeth as she leans back into the blonde’s embrace. “Guess it’s a good thing I kind of like danger.”

A soft hum pushes past her lips at feeling the cold tip of Hotaru’s nose in her curls, brushing against the back of her neck as the woman presses her smile into the dark strands. “Perhaps you’ll learn just how well I follow direction in person too,” Maeve murmurs back, letting her free hand trail over Hotaru’s thigh, squeezing gently before she returns it to Atlas’ mane. “I promise I can be good.” Her lips curl into a smirk that the other woman can’t exactly see but will likely grow familiar with over the course of her time here.

“I have no doubt that I’ll be in very good hands.” The double entendre is clear in her words as the Madame doesn’t even try to hide her flirtations. They both know where this is going. They might as well just call this batner foreplay. Even if they are learning things at the same time. Maeve has only been involved in the construction of the Skyport and that wasn’t a building. Nor did she actually build anything. She was really just there for moral support, but she was learning what all it took to build such a structure thanks to her research. “I will and should I need such services you’ll be the first to know.” Maeve doesn’t really mind. Especially given the fact that the other proprietors weren’t known for their good business tactics. They were cruel people. One of which she had suffered at the hands of personally. It was something to consider.

The spa comes into view and Maeve can already see the warm glow coming from inside, promising heat and comfort. She’s eager to get inside and it isn’t just because of the woman currently pressed against her. No, her fingers have already gone a touch numb and her teeth are threatening to bite through her tongue with the way they chatter. She manages to stop them enough so she can speak, “Aren’t I lucky to have such an experienced guide.” Maeve coos, voice soft and sweet as they come to a stop outside of the building. She doubts they’ll step outside of this spa again until she needs to leave, but she’s not too fussed about it. Not when she thinks they’re both eager to make good on all of those written promises.
Oh what a sin
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Hotaru

“We certainly get into enough trouble without adding politics to the pot,” she agrees, amusement threading through her light tone. One that darkens immediately into a delighted hum low in her chest at the young woman’s playful response, arms wrapping tighter as Maeve leans backwards into her. “Good for both of us hm?” Hotaru purrs, boldly nipping at the crest of Maeve’s ear, already pink from the cold long before her teeth redden it further. Gleefully taking a more dominant role that she hasn’t had the chance to enjoy in some time. The hand that squeezes at her thigh only serves to increase the pressure behind her teeth, withdrawing only to squeeze her thighs tighter around the back of Maeve’s hips. “We’ll see if I can get your resolve to break then. I’d love to tell you to hold still and then see how much it takes for you to be forced into bad behavior.” Her own smirk is just as concealed, but both women are more than aware of the other’s.

There’s no need to darken their fun with talk of dirty hands and dark deeds. Not when they have finally arrived. Atlas slows to a stop, clouds forming around his soft muzzle as his warm breath hits the cold air. Hotaru grins at Maeve’s comment, but is already gracefully swinging down into the snow, lifting her arms to help guide Maeve down by bracing her hands at the woman’s waist. Only once her guest is steady on her feet once more does she grab the saddlebag - and then Maeve’s hand - and guides her onward to the front door. Atlas is more than content to remain in his outdoor shelter instead of taking up his normal place by the fire inside, and Hotaru bids him a goodbye across their bond.

The warmth inside is a drastic difference to the cold they’d ridden through. Hotaru tosses the bags just inside the doorway, far more focused on her companion. “Now, as much as I’d love to drag you straight to bed, I did promise you a different set of skills. Go pick a chair by the fireplace and I’ll grab the samples.” It’s more command than request when delivered through her regal tone, and she doesn’t stick around to see if Maeve intends to make good on her promise of obedience before she is turning to retrieve the glass she’d formed for the woman’s quest.
and fuck me on fire
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Hotaru’s grip tightens on her, warm and secure as she holds her against her chest. Maeve is more than happy to relax into it, letting her warmth keep her from shivering too much in the unforgiving cold. “Yes ma’am.” She replies back, a giggle rising in her throat, but it gets caught there when Hotaru’s teeth find the shell of her ear, making her shiver for an entirely different reason. Maeve is more than happy to take a lead. Normally she’s the one in charge of such things in her job, but she isn’t working right now and Hotaru isn’t a customer. She hopes that Hotaru doesn’t mind this role she’s found herself in. Maeve certainly doesn’t mind it. There hasn’t been a time in recent history that she’s had a beautiful woman telling her what to do. “Aren’t you absolutely wicked.” It isn't a question. The words are exhaled in a breathy sigh, her bottom lip catching between her teeth, “Guess you have a challenge ahead of you.”

They finally come to a stop outside of the spa, Hotaru slipping off of Atlas’s back, boots landing with a soft thud on the stone path. Maeve moves a bit more slowly, bracing her hands against Hotaru’s shoulders as the other woman grips her waist, helping her to slip from where she’s mounted until her feet find solid ground once more. She smiles brightly up at the other woman, nose wrinkling slightly with the motion before the blonde is taking her hand, tugging her inside the warmth of the spa. Maeve lets out a breath of relief, soaking in the warmth before she’s doing a slow turn about the place, but her attention is quickly captured by the former queen. “So bossy.” She quips, smirking at the woman before she tosses a wink her way and heads for the fireplace. Maeve shrugs off the coat Hotaru gave her, hanging it over the back of her chair before taking off damp boots so her socks can dry too. She rubs her hands together, working feeling back into her fingers.

Maeve watches her retreating back, eyes running over her body eagerly and she almost hates that they’re going to discuss business before getting down to business. Not that she truly minds. This is just as important. It’s for her new goddess and Maeve doesn’t want to disappoint Safrin even if she is incredibly interested in the woman who is doing the crafting instead of the crafting itself. Soon she’s toasty warm again, the fire crackling happily in the hearth as she waits for Hotaru to join her once more.
Oh what a sin
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Hotaru

Loathe as she is to part from her teasing, Maeve’s words do not deserve to go unanswered. The heat of her breath shifts dark hair as she laughs, bright teeth pulling away from Maeve’s reddened ear. “Wicked? Moments ago you were calling me dangerous, and kind before that. I’m enjoying the vacillation.” They are all shades of these things of course, but it is all said in jest.

Bossy is apparently next on the list, though Hotaru does not respond to this particular accusation, favoring instead a cut of her eyes over her shoulder as she goes to find the samples, a wickedness to her smirk. The samples are easy to find with her own particularly brutal regime of organization, and they are collected summarily into her palm as she finds her way back to the sitting area. There she sits across from the younger woman, placing the samples down on the table between them. They are various sizes and shapes, some with metal wrapping and some without. All have small flowers already cast inside to display how they would appear as a final product. “These are what I made. Some can have the flowers placed after they’re complete, as they’re hollow and have an opening if you wanted to be able to replace what’s inside. The others I would need the flowers ahead of time in order to cast them before the glass is fired. Of course size and shape, as you can see, are easy enough to change.” Heterochromatic eyes flick back up from the samples, waiting to see if Maeve is drawn to any particular ones.
and fuck me on fire
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

She is jumping from one thing to another, but Hotaru is all of those things. That isn't a bad thing. They're all different parts of her. Parts that Maeve is very interested in learning about further. "Vacillation? Love, I'm only speaking the truth. It isn't my fault you're an incredibly complex individual." Maeve hums, wiggling her toes in front of the fire, working out the numbness from them as she sinks into the plush lounge chair as a sigh pushes past her lips.

Hotaru doesn't seem to mind her teasing which is great because Maeve doesn't plan to stop. She straightens up when the blonde joins her, anticipation bubbling up in her chest at the sight of blown glass. This was what she was here for. Kind of. It was one of the things. The original reason for her trip and their communications. Maeve takes a breath, eyes dipping down the glass. Business first, pleasure later. She picks up one of the samples, turning it over in her palm, examining the glass thoughtfully. "Oh Ru... These are all beautiful." Maeve breathes in awe, thumb brushing lightly across the surface of the small pendant. "I brought some dried lavender from my garden. It was one of the few things that actually survived the storms."

She sets the pendant back down, bending down to sort through her bag and pulling out a small parcel, passing it to the other woman. "You can use these. Unless you think that fresh would be better? It would mean another trip all the way to you in Halo, but I'm sure you wouldn't mind that." Maeve hums, picking up one of the others to examine the wire delicately wrapped around the fragile glass work.
Oh what a sin