Dear Maeve
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Online
Change author:
MP: 1917
Hey, starchild, are you listening?

Dear Maeve.

It is not as easy to begin a letter as it sounds, now is it? My thoughts are passing by much faster than my fingers can write, and so I fear that half of what I try to say will be lost. All the same, I shall try to be thorough.

Much has happened since I last saw you, on our outing. Did I ever mention that I too had a quest from my mother? I think I did. It was to find a dragon, and with my father's help I actually succeeded! I have become bonded by a lovely blue dragon, by the name of Umbra. He is small still, but everyone I have spoken to agree that he is likely to grow very large with time. We are still getting to know one another, but I can already tell that his soul is kind and patient and full of heart. I feel as though a missing piece of myself has been completed, and the responsibility of caring for someone beyond myself is not as heavy as I feared. I hope you will like him, when we next meet!

I think I made a new friend the other day. I was exploring the Trinity Temple, and came across a very strange girl. She looks a little younger than me, and she had a very curious way about her, but I very much enjoyed the conversation we had. Stormbreak feels empty without you and Locke around, but perhaps I will not be completely alone after all.

Has anything interesting happened in Torchline since I left? I was hoping to help you further with the rebuilding of the Halenani, but I am not sure I can make it in time. I have some catching up to do with my training, and it will consume much of my free time. But I will work hard, and endeavour to return as soon as I am able! Perhaps I will be a proper Stormbreak Dragoon by then! Would that not be lovely?

I have yet to write to the hunter from Halo. I can not seem to find the right words... I am starting to wonder if my gratitude perhaps colored things in a much rosier light than is realistic. Or am I simply fickle? He is not on my mind nearly as often as before, and I can not decide if this is good or not. What do you think?

Your friend, always
Under the stars,
Seren Taliesin, Dragoon-in-training.

Seren
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
I would fall from grace just to touch your face
Little Star,

It's not all that complicated as it seems. I know it might be difficult to make your mind slow down, but letter writing is good practice for that. I can assure you that you didn't do as poorly as you might think. Keep trying, though. Getting this little surprise made my day.

You didn't tell me that you had a quest from your mother too. I'm glad to hear that it has gone so well. Umbra is an interesting name. Does the meaning of shadow apply here too or does it mean something else in this case? Either way, I can't wait to meet him. Perhaps by then I will have a companion of my own. Even if I have no intention of joining the dragoons myself, one to keep me company and keep me safe wouldn't hurt. Don't you think? If he is anything like you then I have no doubt that I will adore him just as much.

A new friend you say? That's great news, Seren. I was worried that you'd be lonely with us gone, but I'm glad to see that won't be the case. I can't say I don't miss you myself. I promise I'll come and visit when I can.

Interesting? I can't really say so. I've been busy with the construction of the Halenani myself. Remi and Ronin both came to help. It's going well so far, but we're still in the early stages. I'm glad that you were able to assist with what you did and while I wish you were here, your training is incredibly important. I'm sure you're blowing all the other recruits away and I can't wait to see you in action. Maybe you'll have some things to teach me when you come visit. Either way you'll have to keep me updated on your progress.

As far as your hunter goes... You're not fickle, but given the circumstances you might not be wrong about how they made things appear. However, I wouldn't dismiss things just yet. Not when you've yet to try and further that relationship. Whenever you start to correspond with him that may very well change. I wouldn't be too surprised if it did. If it were me I'd start by sending him a letter saying thank you and letting him know that you made a full recovery thanks to his assistance. Then go from there. There is no guarantee that it will be more than a few letters, but it will at least give you an answer and closure either way.

Your dearest friend,
Maeve Ansel, Madame of the Halenani
Maeve
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Online
Change author:
MP: 1917
Hey, starchild, are you listening?

Dear Maeve,

First of all, let me apologize for the time it took me to reply to your letter. After everything that happened, with the fire at the Slagveld and the death of Atlas, I needed some time to collect myself. My hands were not in shape to hold a pen either, as you might understand, but they are all healed now. For a time, I had terrible nightmares about the events that night. I could not help but blame myself for being too slow to save the unicorn. When I could bear it no more, I went to see my mother. Speaking to her about it has helped much, and while I occasionally still dream it is not nearly as often as before.

My thoughts often come back to Hotaru. The remains of her companion are still safe on my hidden island. Do you think she would like to have Atlas returned to her? Or would it be better to let her forget and move on? I am torn on this, and I realize that I do not even know how to contact her to ask.

You asked about Umbra's name. It is indeed in reference to the darkest part of a shadow, as you so cleverly deduced. When our minds first joined, he reminded me of the ocean. How the hues of the water shift and deepen the further out you go, until they turn nearly black. Similarly, I find that his personality is quite layered. There are depths to him I have yet to explore, and a wisdom in all his youth that humbles me. I am honored to have him by my side, and can only hope that you, when you find a companion, will be able to experience the same joys as I do now.

Life in Stormbreak is much the same as it alwas is. I have acquainted myself with more of the locals, and the city feels less strange to me with every day that passes. My training with the Dragoons goes well, though I have begun to question if the life of a soldier really is the right path for me. I do not enjoy inflicting wounds and pain unto others, and while that is not everything a Dragoon is, it still worries me that I might not be able to do my duty when the time comes. Would I be able to swing a sword and take a life? I do not know. Perhaps I will never know, until the moment comes. Still, I find the mastery of weapon skills and tactics enjoyable, and I spend many of my evenings pouring over old maps. Perhaps I could learn cartography and map the Wilds? It would be quite an adventure.

Speaking of, father and I will be making a trip to Halo soon. I have been busy making preparations, and I expect we should be leaving any day now. I can't tell you what it is about just yet, but rest assured; as soon as we are back I will regail you with the full story! Look forward to it! I most certainly do.

I hope this letter finds you in good health, and that the rebuilding of the Halenani goes as scheduled. Tell Locke I said hi! I miss him, he hasn't written to me even once since he left... I hope you are both well.

Your friend, always,
Seren Taliesin

Seren
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
I would fall from grace just to touch your face
Dear Seren,

There is no need to apologize. I know that things have been hectic. I wish I could have done more for your hands, but I'm glad to hear that you're healed now. I can say that I haven't done well myself. There were many restless nights afterwards. Between trying to continue the work on the Halenani and dealing with the aftermath if the fire, I've barely had a moment of rest it feels like. Aurelia came to question me about the events of that night. I told her what I knew which wasn't much, but I did.

I don't know to be honest with you, Seren. I don't know that she would even talk to me if I wrote her. I'm expecting at least one final letter and I can try to ask her then, but we might have to handle this ourselves. I can keep his horn if she ever decides that she wants it I can give it to her then, but otherwise, it might be best if we were to bury him properly.

All I can hope for is to have a bond with a companion as you do. Days are lonely at times. I've never experienced that kind of connection before, but it's something I long for. I'm so glad that you have him now. Not only for the companionship, but the added protection. I worry for you. It isn't that I don't think you capable of taking care of yourself, but it eases me to know that there is something else that is keeping an eye on you too.

The life of a Dragoon is a commitment that some can't truly make. Not because they don't have to heart for protecting others, but because the rigidity they conduct themselves with. There is no room for questioning whether something is truly right. You're discouraged from  having our own thoughts and opinions on whether or not you should be doing the things you're doing. There isn't anything wrong with not fitting into that mold. I don't think your mother truly wants you to fit into a mold, Seren. You were born from the stars and to think that you're going to potentially limit yourself to one thing in life is heartbreaking. I wish the world for you as your friend. Hopefully your best friend. Don't limit yourself, little star. Become a cartographer, learn to sail, chart the stars... Do it all.

How exciting to hear that you're planning a trip with your father. I hope that all the preparations go smoothly and that you find whatever it is you're looking for. I'm sure the story you have to tell will be worth the wait. Hopefully by the time you get back I will have finished the construction of the Halenani and you will be able to stay with me.

The construction is going well. We're getting closer and I think we will be fully rebuilt by the end of the season. That's my hope, at least. As for Locke, I will tell him whenever I return home. He also got hurt that night and cut up his hands pretty badly. There was another fire set at the Wren Society. He broke through a window trying to get to some of my girls who were inside recovering. Thankfully no one was hurt badly, but he's still recovering too.

I'm currently in the Grounds completing a few errands. If you manage to find yourself in the next few days, I'd love to see you.

Your friend,
Maeve Ansel
Maeve