Starting Over Again
Martha Delaney

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Wolfsong Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Things had been hectic for Martha as of late. Work had been piling up as explorers over the wall had been returning beaten and burned and gashed and every other sort of injury imaginable. Groups had been sent out to find the missing settlers of Northaven. Martha hadn't been allowed to help in the effort, as her skill were needed inside the wall to assist the injured. But it had been too long. Remi had been among those that vanished, and Martha was worried sick for her dearest friend.

She finally grew tired of it, and spent the evening packing travel gear and medical supplies into a large pack, which she now wore. It was the middle of the night, and if she was to have any chance of finding him, she would have to sneak out alone. She left, dressed in dark clothing to make herself difficult to spot, and made her way to the wall. She looked around for guards, and just as she was about to cross the boundary, everything went dark.

She awoke in the middle of a dense forest sometime around midday. At first, she was worried that someone had darted her from the wall in the attempt to keep her from venturing into the jungle. But as she took in her surroundings, she realized she was not in a jungle, but a forest. This wasn't Northaven or anything of the sort. She quickly rose to her feet, picking up her bag and adjusting it on her shoulders. She had to find water or civilization or something that would ensure her survival, but something just didn't seem right.

She walked for what seemed like hours, the sunlight waning from the canopy and the forest growing dark. Now this, she did not like, and she realized she had to have been going in circles. But Martha was determined to at least ensure her safety for the night, and kept walking.

That was when she heard noises. At first, she hoped it was all in her head, and she looked around to see if anything was nearby.

"Curiosity killed the cat, Martha," she told herself, and yet her curious nature directed her feet towards the sounds, instead of away from whatever it was. "It could potentially kill you, Martha. You need to stop and go the other way, Martha. Remember all the injured that returned to Northaven? You could be next."

She continued to tell herself all of these things, and yet, she was compelled to find out what was causing the ruckus.

Remi

martha
"You can't hide anything from me."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 62 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059

Here's a brief recap of what happened: Remi, not used to being a raccoon yet as he'd only recently gained the ability, was trying to figure out this hopping from tree-to-tree business. However the snakes that also lived in these trees were having a horrible time of keeping themselves warm as LongNight grew closer and closer. And so, as a warm and mobile body sat perched in their boughs, they decided to make the best of it.

About 6 or so harmless but determined snakes had seized upon Remi just as he was about to make a jump. No boa-constrictors were they, still they clung around him, pulling him to the ground and covering him in their coils until only his ringed-tail was visible.

With a chittering sort of wail, Remi tried to roll himself free, but the snakes held on, doing their utmost to steal whatever warmth they could from his warm-blooded body.

remi
At another place in time, you were infinitely mine
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Martha Delaney

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

It was a relief to Martha to discover that all the ruckus was nothing more than a ball of snakes wrapped around...something. Whatever it was was making an awful sound, a cry for help. Upon closer inspection, she realized that they were balled around what must be a raccoon, if the tail was any sort of giveaway. She released a breath she didn't know she had been holding in, and knelt down to help the poor creature.

One by one, she pulled the snakes off the coon, grasping them by the base of their heads and gently pulling them free, then tossing them away from the animal. Once she had them off, she quickly pressed a hand on the back of the raccoon to pin him and keep him from running. "Just hold still a moment and I'll make sure you aren't hurt, then I'll let you go. I'll admit, I was worried you were some kind of monster."

It took no more than a minute or two for the vet to finish her examination, and release the raccoon. "You should run along before those snakes decide to come back." She paused for a moment. "I wish you could talk, then maybe you could give me some kind of idea where I am. But that's silly, isn't it?" She rose to her feet and picked up her bag, settling it on her shoulders and looking around for a new direction to take.

Remi

martha
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

In this form his hearing wasn't as sharp, but given the way the snakes were suddenly being shucked off of him, he had to assume that there was someone nearby, come to his aid. With his luck, it would be Jigano and he'd receive a lecture about how he should have known better, and that this was just more evidence of his recklessness.

The sound of the voice—her voice—immediately stilled him. He knew that voice and it certainly wasn't Jigano.

Grinning with ferocious little white teeth as she mentioned that he might be some sort of monster, he let her check him over. It wasn't the first time she'd done this of course, though never in this form, and honestly Remi was a bit relieved he wouldn't have to drag himself back to Isla for the exam. As she stood, gathering her things and lamenting that he couldn't talk, the raccoon's grin widened.

Some vet you are. Remi laughed into her mind, crossing his furry paws and staring up at her. What sort of raccoons have you seen that would sit still for an exam like that? Honestly Martha you are getting so full of yourself these days.

But the alchemist could only keep up the act for so long, but clambering up her pant leg and then jacket, to snuggle himself against the crook of her neck.

remi
Martha Delaney

Change author:

Martha froze in her tracks. That voice, but it couldn't be. He was a bird, not a raccoon. She turned back towards him and scanned around just to be certain the bird brain wasn't trying to trick her from the trees. But no, it was just her and the coon before her. She dropped back to her knees just in time for the critter to climb into her arms and give what she assumed was a hug. She wrapped her arms tightly around him.

"You asshole...who told you that you could disappear on me?" she said between attempts to keep from crying. "I was so scared you were dead, and you were nothing more than changed into a scavenging trash eater."

Yes the insults were necessary. They were the only way Martha could keep from breaking down into messy sobs. "Where have you been? Where are we? And how did you...or I get here? I was just about to sneak into the jungle to look for you, and suddenly woke up here."

Remi

martha
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

The raccoon grinned against her collar. I missed you too. He thought pointedly, trying to sound wounded but of course his delight was far too great. Pulling back, he smiled a toothy smile up at her, before crossing his arms indignantly over his furry chest. I have never once eaten garbage I will have you know. Besides, if you think this is a change— Wriggling down from her arms, he backed away a few steps before glancing up at her again as she continued. Well...that is going to require some wine. Lots of wine to explain. For now, watch this. Raising his small paws with a flourish, suddenly his body contorted and grew, losing its black and grey colouring and gaining impressive amounts of gold.

Rather than a trash-eater, Remi now stood proudly as a lion, a wry grin on his large lips. Not bad, huh? He quipped happily into her mind.

remi
Martha Delaney

Change author:

Martha let Remi go and watched him, thinking there would never be enough wine to help her wrap her mind around everything that had been going on. As the raccoon bird man now shifted into a lion, Martha didn't quite smile at his quip, but rather half smirked.

"Now I knew you had an ego, but don't you think this is gilding it a little?" She was, in fact impressed, however. "How did you get all these forms? What is going on?"

At this point it didn't matter too much if he answered that question. She was tired and worn from her work at Northaven, and from wandering about here. She'd just be happy with a place to rest at this point. "I'm sorry, Rem." Normally she would be a lot more sarcastic and play with him a bit, but she wasn't feeling it this day. Perhaps after some sleep and food...

Remi

martha
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

Flicking his tail lazily, Remi raised his muzzle so that his impressive array of golden hair fluffed out from his neck. Gilding it? Me? Not, oh Remi, I always knew there was a lion inside of you. Not that he was able to frown as a lion, but Martha's decided lack of wit and playfulness immediately made him pause.

Shifting into himself again, swaddled in deer-hides and a thick scarf, he gave his friend a sluggish half-smile before wrapping an arm around her shoulder. "I know it is a lot to take in, and I do not just mean my new impressive bodies." He said gently, nudging his shoulder against hers. "And actually you have come at a rather terrible time, and I do not just mean the cold. There is this thing called LongNight the locals talk about. An entire week of darkness where you are meant to stay inside and make as little noise as possible. Monsters are said to roam around.." He was still mostly skeptical about the whole thing, but given all that had happened since coming here, monsters should have been quite believable at this point.

"Come on. We can go back to my shop and I will explain it all. And yes, you heard correctly. I have my own shop now." He said with a cheeky grin.

remi