Personal Quest primum non nocere
PQ to rebuild the infirmary!
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
Isla

take your medicine

Isla hasn't advertised this on the Notice Board - for good reason. Since what happened with the infirmary, she has been keen to keep any activities regarding it quiet. It's not something she will be able to maintain for long, especially if those in the Hollowed Grounds wish to use the facilities, but for now at least, she wants to keep this between those she trusts and the citizens of the Grounds.

So she arrives at the smoke damaged doors to the place one night soon after the fire, swallowing hard and frowning at the state of it even at a first glance. This will take days and no small amount of hard work, but Isla will persist. She always does, especially when lives are potentially at risk.

This is a PQ to rebuild the infirmary! It will take place over a few days:

1. Varus
2. Remi
3. Mabel

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
REMI
the alchemist
there's a feeling i get when i look to the west,
& my spirit is crying for leaving.
Whatever feelings the alchemist has about expecting that Varus will be present during this re-build, he does his best to keep carefully schooled from his face. It won’t help anyone, nor will it change anything for Remi to stiffen or wince or look away during certain moments, and so he simply vows to see through everything he can’t yet see on its own.

It’s hard to arrive silently with wings so large, but Remi does what he can. Still, as one of the few non-ascended in the grounds—and a demigod at that—rarely does he go unnoticed. “Hey.” He offers kindly to the silhouette he knows so well. Folding his wings against his back until they meld into his skin, he offers Isla a warm smile that reaches his eyes, but not his bones.
in my thoughts I have seen rings of smoke through the trees
& the voices of those who stand looking.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Mabel Occidendum

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MABEL

Mabel had heard about the fire, of course. She’d also taken heed and steered clear of that portion of the Grounds for a few days, entirely uncertain and wary of any elements that could trigger another death on her part. Who was to say there’d be any coming back from the next one? So she only arrived when everything seemed settled, save for the repairs.

Though her eyes flickered over the damaged wares, nervous, hands beginning to tremble at the ends until she curled and balled them into fists. “I would like to help,” she uttered towards Isla, her trepidation going right towards Remi too. Another breath, and she squared her shoulders, her features returning to their restless proportions.
I bare my teeth
and stretch my claws out
Varus Callahan
Assassin / Hollowed Grounds Captain

Age: 347 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
you better run, boy, run, but be afraid. cry, boy, cry, don't play the game
He’s a bit late, to be honest, but he doesn’t come unprepared! That counts for something, right? Right. He arrives shortly after everyone else, wearing a dark short sleeve shirt, one metal arm on display while the other fiddles with the tools he’d brought — everything between hammers and nails to things to clean up the smoke. He slips easily to Isla’s side, offering her a bright fanged smile, before he’s offering the same to Remi and Mabel in greeting with a dip of his head.

Sorry I’m late. Couldn’t find the hammer and then remembered I left it in the study.” Exactly where they had left it in between building the bookshelves and office space for Isla’s home. “Good to see you again, Remi.” He adds, before his attention is flickering to the unknown woman, that same fanged smile placed on his face. “Don’t think we’ve met yet. I’m Cal.” Soon enough his introductions are done and he can focus on Isla’s task once again.

So what’s first?” Is he excited? A little bit. He’d always been a bit of a handyman. And since it benefitted both the Grounds and Isla, well, it was easy for him to get involved.
gravity holds me  d o w n
VARUS
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Isla

take your medicine

Remi arrives first, Isla offering him a warm smile back and resisting the urge to throw her arms around him in a hug, if only because she might end up distracted and talking with him when there's work to be done. Next comes Mabel, the medic nodding to her gratefully. "I really appreciate it," she murmurs. Last but not least is Varus, and she offers him a playful raise of her eyebrows at his tardiness.

"Thank you all for coming. This will take some doing, but I think we'll be able to make some real improvements. For today at least, I think we ought to focus on cleanup." And by the state of the infirmary, it really, really needs it. "No time like the present - shall we begin?"

First night's tasks:

- Clear the burned out debris from the infirmary (2 people)
- Clean down all the floors, walls and surfaces (2 people)

Isla will take whatever job is leftover! No post order.

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
Smiling at the second ascended to arrive, Remi glances toward Varus and the easy way he fits in at Isla's side. Want to rub at his eyes or sigh, or shift from foot to foot, Remi does nothing at all save for offering the man a nod and a smile, the alchemist glances toward Isla as she begins to carve out what tasks need to be done. 'If Ronin's word is anything to go by, I think I ought to avoid cleaning." Remi chuckles under his breath.

Without waiting to see who would join him, he headed into the deeper sections of the infirmary. Folding his arms over his chest to survey the ruined interior, Remi debates what the easiest way forward will be. Should he throw the debris out the windows to clear it faster, but then have to move it? Or should he simply start at the front and work his way back?

Deciding to do a bit of both, it's with easy strength and nearly endless endurance that he begins to collect mostly-burned bedframes and bookcases to move outside.

Remi starts moving half-burned furniture outside!
Varus Callahan

Age: 347 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Her raised brows have Varus offering a slightly placating look, metal hand raised in mock surrender, even if the grin on his face suggests otherwise. But there’s tasks to be done and Varus pauses to see whether anyone has ideas for what they want to do. “More cleaning for me, then.” He offers a light chuckle in response to Remi, before he’s slipping into the infirmary with a bucket and rags, preparing to clean up the smoke embedded into the walls, ceiling, and floor.

His hand stretched out to give Isla’s arm a light squeeze as he passes by, immediately getting to work with the ceiling and working his way down, pulling a ladder in and a bucket so that he might be able to scrub at the soot left behind. And each time the water turns black, he drifts outside to pour it out and get fresh water, focusing on using his metal arm the most to keep it from feeling the edge of getting worn out. It is the newest part of him, after all.

Varus picks cleaning! He grabs a ladder, bucket, and some cloths and starts with the ceiling and works his way down.
VARUS
Mabel Occidendum

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
MABEL

Mabel instantly felt like she was out of the loop on something – the odd individual out. Perhaps that was fine. She was used to that. So she deigned to shrink a little, even under Remi’s smile, and Cal’s greeting, uncertain and unsure, eyes flickering in different directions, before escaping to the floor. “Mabel,” was uttered quietly, by way of greeting, before everything else hastened off.

Cleaning up was something she could do though – farmgirl tendencies still lived and breathed within her, even if her lungs didn’t fill with air, even if she’d been given a resurrection. She probably didn’t have quite the endurance or fortitude to gather and lift monumental things like Remi, so she flickered and flittered with haste towards the ordinary proportions. Grabbing hold of a rag, and not glancing down into the bucket of water, the youth hurried to portions of the floor that had been burned.

Glanced at the scorchmarks, brought her foot to scuff away at its blackened abyss. And then, hopefully without anyone noticing her trembling, dunked the cloth into the water, withholding a shudder threatening to root its way down into her spine, began to apply it to the blemishes.

--

Mabel tries to clean the floor!
I bare my teeth
and stretch my claws out
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

take your medicine

That leaves Isla to help Remi clear out the debris, the medic smiling gently to Varus and wishing both he and Mabel luck with their cleaning as she moves to scout the place out with the Lullaby. Remi is a veritable wrecking ball, so Isla wisely leaves most of the heavy lifting to him, though she does help out by stacking things into easily transported piles, hauling debris out where she can as well.

It takes the full night, but by the time the sky begins to turn pink they've cleared the gutted infirmary and the walls, ceilings, floors and surfaces have been fully wiped down. Isla thanks them for their efforts and vows to see them back there the following evening.

When that time comes, the medic has arrived early to set things up. Between the kind people of the Grounds, she has plenty of supplies to be able to rebuild, but there's a lot to do. "Thank you all for coming back," she greets them, gesturing to everything. "We can start to repair things now. I'll take the study and the operating room..."

Each area of the infirmary needs to be wiped down and given a fresh coat of paint! There are also materials to build shelving units.

- Ward (1 person)
- The reception and the stock room (1 person)
- The treatment rooms (1 person)

No post order!

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
Remi, having nothing better to do with his time here—and wanting to expel a bit of energy after watching Isla and Varus walk out together, back home together—stays in the infirmary to keep working. When the trio arrive, anything which might have been missed has been carefully removed, and all the broken furniture and such piled outside has been taken care of.

Where? Well. When you are a demigod with near-unlimited strength and an unfair grudge against your best friend's boyfriend, many things are possible.

Quite good with paint, Remi grabs a few rags to wipe the surfaces down, a can and a brush, and makes his way dutifully toward the treatment rooms.

Remi takes the treatment room!
Varus Callahan

Change author:
Mabel and Varus seem to make quite the pair when it comes to cleaning up the smoke left behind, and by the time they’re to leave he’s rather pleased with the outcome, if not a bit mentally tired. This time when he shows up this evening, it isn’t as late as before, and perhaps given the fact he imagines Remi hadn’t stayed (and Varus is really trying to be nice to his girlfriends best friend), he arrives with a bit of food — something sweet, like donuts, and a nice bit of wine. After all, the only one of them that needed some food sustenance was the demigod.

Already Remi’s heading off in the direction of the treatment rooms and Varus picks the reception and the stock rooms, pausing by the treatment rooms to deposit the snacks. “Thought you might want a snack.” He offers with an easy smile and a pat to the door frame, before he’s dipping back into the reception area, and gets to work.

He starts off by cleaning the walls and adding the paint, waiting for it to dry and he builds some shelves for both the stock room and the reception, knowing by now that there’s rarely ever a such thing as too much storage.

Varus picks the stock rooms and reception!

(He also brought donuts and wine for Remi bc he wants to be sure he eats ;D)
VARUS
Mabel Occidendum

Change author:
MABEL

At least the youth could clean. Returning the next day, with only periods of rest that she didn’t really require, she was still the same reserved individual, though perhaps a little brighter at the aspect of not too much water needing to be utilized for this occasion.

So she listened, nodding readily, quiet in her unassuming manner, applying herself readily to the only remaining proportion: the ward. Not overly familiar with it, save for the occasional mishap with one of her siblings and needing to be brought here for something they couldn’t apply at the farm, the youth took a few quick glances around. A careful study, she aimed to clean these proportions too, and place the paint where smoke had charred and burned.

--

Mabel takes the ward!
I bare my teeth
and stretch my claws out
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

take your medicine

They work through the night, each confined to their own areas, with Isla flitting in occasionally to check that no one else needs anything. And by the time they're finished for the evening, coats of paint are left to dry, surfaces are all wiped down and shelving units are built. "Tomorrow we should be in a good position to start to rebuild from the inside," Isla says, almost breathless with the pride of seeing it come together so quickly.

And so they're released for another day. This time, Isla is the one to stick around (along with anyone else who feels like it), and Grounders join her to deal with things in the day shift. Beds are made and wheeled into the ward and treatment rooms; a reception desk is built and installed, and supplies come in by the dozen.

By the time night falls again, Isla is starting to feel a lot more positive about all that's happened. "There's a lot of stuff to move around," she explains. "I'll be in the operating room and the study again."

Here are the tasks for round 3!

- Move the beds into position in the ward and treatment rooms. Hang the curtains and put on the sheets. (2 people)
- Restock the medicines and equipment in the stock room. (1 person)

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
"Oh." Varus's offer is as thoughtful as it is appreciated, and it leaves the alchemist feeling all the more of a fool for the unhappy slosh of emotions he continues to experience. "Thank you very much." Accepting the treats and the wine both, Remi completes his tasks silently, remaining throughout the next day as well. It will be over 48 hours since he slept last, but he hardly notices. An ascended would be able to out-sleep him in the long run, but he's managed much more than this before without any ill effects.

"Mundane moving? Sounds like my thing." He's even rather good at hanging curtains and making beds (not up to Ronin's standards of course, but then, what is?). Is it intentional he's not going where Isla is? Probably not.

Heading into the ward and treatment room, Remi begins to reposition the beds based on where things have already been setup. If anything is placed wrong he'll be just as happy to move it.

Remi moves beds in the ward/treatment room!