Make the most out of no time
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259

Spontaneity was...probably not Sam's favourite thing. So instead of forcing it on him, Remi had popped over early in the morning to knock on his...friend? neighbour? man-he-was-possibly-now-dating?'s door. Remi explained that he was feeling a bit stir crazy, and asked if Sam wanted to go for a walk later through the woods. They planned on going as soon as the light fell from the sky so that Sam could be out and about comfortably.

But of course making plans early in the day meant that the remainder of the hours in between dragged on and on. Over and over Remi found himself lost in thoughts of Sam, of what they were doing together. He couldn't help the way his mind returned to the cave and the desperate way he had pulled Sam towards him, helplessly and remorselessly wanting.  It was something his mind kept trying to suggest that he mention, did you want to go for another flight..? But Remi knew that in those moments he wouldn't care at all about what came after, only how it felt with Sam's teeth against him. He'd promised his friend that he wouldn't do anything the man wasn't ready for, and the alchemist didn't trust himself to keep that promise under the influence.

But that didn't mean it was so easy to just not think about it.

Which is why of course he suggested 1. bundling up 2. going out into the cold and 3. not being together indoors. So doing just that, Remi grabbed a few things they might need—his magic being able to provide most other things—he walked next door and rapped sharply on Sam's door.

remi
Too long till I drown in your hands
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Remi, to Sam's utter delight, came to him to arrange a second date. He didn't have to push or remind him, didn't have to force himself into the Alchemist's thoughts. It appeared he was already in them, at least enough that Remi wanted to see him again. His whole day passed easily when he had such a wonderful plan for the evening. The customers he did have noticed he was airier, moved lighter; when asked what the occasion was he just smiled and said it was a secret.

Finally it was time to go. He'd popped home to get a hat and some gloves (now actually suited for the weather) and a warm scarf. Sam had never been vain, but now he spent time looking at himself in the reflection of his shop's window, turning this way and that. The heavy wool made him look a bit...blobby, but he supposed his face was still striking in the right lights. Perhaps if Remi came back home with him and they removed the coats...he smiled and shook his head. This was not a thing to rush.

"Coming!" He yelled, pulling on his gloves as he opened the door. When he did and saw Remi he hesitated for just a second before reaching forward to hug him. It was only quick, but it was a bold move for Sam and he felt particularly brave afterwards. "So...w-where are we going? Have you got a plan?"

Samuel
Another little "nothing ever after", nothing more?
And lo, but no! What bliss
Another jolly jaunt through the abyss
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

It was strange being both the experienced one, the younger the one, and the one who was meant to be more respectful of boundaries, but the one who lusted after something he completely did not understand. And so as Sam opened the door, Remi felt something warm swim to life inside of himself. Indeed in the milliseconds that past as the distance between the two was bridged by Sam's hug, Remi thought to perhaps kiss him. To see if what was between them was something separate from the chemical cocktail which had adulterated his thoughts. But that Sam seemed like an entirely different one from the bright-eyed man leaning towards him now, and so with a bit of an awkward O on his lips and a sharp inhale of breath, he wrapped his arms around the bookmaker and sighed slightly into the non-body before him, somewhat thankful for the fact that the multiple layers of fabric between them all but obfuscated the man beneath.

As Sam quickly pulled away, Remi wasn't fast enough to hide his crooked and uncertain smile, nor the blush that coloured his cheeks. But then, perhaps that might look simply like a chill from the cold. Still, the hug had been long enough for the alchemist to smell the old and settled smell of books, and what seemed like every flavour of tea imaginable, all rolled into one.

Sam.

"I was hoping to collect some more peppermint bark, and perhaps a few hanging snakes to feed...ah.." With a grin he couldn't help, Remi let it streak across his face. "..a baby dragon." He revealed with a mischievous grin.

"Ready?"

remi
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Remi was blushing when Sam pulled away; he did not want to over-indulge himself and say it was anything to do with him, but he hoped it was. He knew if he still had blood in his cheeks he would be flushed. As it was the cold just served to make him look even paler with the white all around them, but his smile was warm enough in the way it reached his eyes.

"...A...a d-dragon? Really?!" Even though he'd said baby, the word 'dragon' still conjured up images of towering creatures with huge fangs and hard scales. He had faced one in a book with Jigano where the consequences were lesser and it had been scary enough. He was both excited and terrified and for a moment the terror nearly won out then Sam reassured himself that Remi would not let him come to any danger.

He reached to take Remi's hand. "R-ready." He confirmed. Sam pushed his fingers up through Remi's and squeezed, happy to be able to feel it even through gloves. As they walked he didn't quite meet the eyes of any evening wanderers in the streets, embarrassed by the simple sign of affection.

"So um...did you have d-dragons? In Northaven? D-do you know how to...t-tame them? Riding one could be a-a way to make deliveries. For the store." He laughed quietly and looked at Remi with a proud, lopsided smile for having made a joke.

Samuel
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

"Mmhmm." Remi hummed a note of agreement. "Her name is Sugar. My friend Ronin found her in the oasis I believe, in an egg. There were more—eggs I mean—but they had been broken. I think Sugar is the only one to have survived..." He might have said more, but through the gloves Vai had made, he suddenly felt warmth as Sam's fingers intertwined against his own. Not a ton of it, as Sam still hovered perfectly around room temperature, but he felt something. The problem was that he didn't know what that something meant. Staring into Sam's perfectly clear eyes, the even bigger problem was for a moment, he wanted nothing more than to shoulder past the door Sam was closing, dragging the ascended behind him. To hell with the walk, with not being reckless, with being good and patient and right, he just wanted release and— good gods that made him a special kind of monster, he realized with a mental flinch.

Not unlike Sam, the alchemist felt a bit...strange walking hand in hand with another man in the streets. After all, such thing was against the laws back in Northaven. To be this cavalier without really knowing what this was helped to dampen the heat that had begun to kindle in Remi's belly.

"No dragons in Northaven. No nothing, really. There weren't even any birds on our side of the wall." The alchemist replied a bit sadly. "Although magicians—" (Like Loren, he thought but did not say) —could conjure magical creatures. Even so, I never saw a dragon before until Ronin showed me Sugar."

Just about to say something stupid like, but I am a bird, why would I need a dragon for deliveries, Remi caught the glint of amusement in Sam's pale eyes and laughed at himself as well as Sam's joke. "Well, if you come across any books about taming dragons to be used as a delivery system, please let me know. It could really be a key selling point for my new guild." Remi said with a boyish smile, nudging his shoulder against Sam's to punctuate the joke.

remi
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

"Sugar...?" Sam smiled to himself. The name was almost comically sweet for what would no doubt grow up into a fearsome beast, but it did the trick of calming his nerves about it a bit. Maybe it would even be cute. He did trust Ronin, too - he'd only met him the once when they found a luxere together, but it had given him an impression of the Bounty Hunter as sensible and good.

Knowing nothing of Remi's desire, Sam swung their hands just a little when there was no one around and wondered if tonight would be the night where Remi kissed him. It would be sweet, he hoped, between trees and in the snow with a soft light, no teeth or coldness mentioned. Just them and a quiet moment alone, a hand on his jaw.

"Can you con-conjure creatures?" He asked out of interest before smiling wide at Remi returning his joke. He didn't quite know the extent of Remi's magic. The other man had been able to learn how to make things gold in a matter of weeks...perhaps if he thought to do it he could move mountains in a month. Sam was so confident of Remi's ability he would not doubt it.

"I've...n-never understood, with magic. Do you j-just think it? Then it happens? It must be...ama-amazing. To feel so powerful." As they began to walk down the last street before the houses gave way to more natural paths, he held Remi's hand a bit tighter and looked around them, anxious in the dark even though he could see.

Samuel
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

Remi nodded to confirm that indeed, Ronin had named an ice-breathing dragon Sugar.

At first Remi wasn't sure really what to make of the playful way that Sam had begun to swing their hands. He still hadn't really gotten over the fact that he was holding another man's hand, in public. Or that that man wasn't Loren. Though this was now their second date and some might go so far as to say that the two were dating, Remi's addled mind and broken heart still hadn't quite dealt with what had happened with the Launceleyn, and so perhaps he was unable to meet Sam's playfulness with the response it was owed. Still, he looked over his shoulder with a boyish smile, trying to enjoy the simplicity of the moment.

"Mmm, no, I do not believe I can. I can call to real creatures, ones that are like me anyways." By which of course he meant avians, felines, and ...whatever group raccoons belonged to.

Humming under his breath, the alchemist considered. "It...it feels like energy, inside. Like there is something here—" With his free hand, he gestured roughly to the area around his sternum or just below. "—that I can...reach into, I suppose." Halting just with in the tree line, Remi looked thoughtfully at one of the trees. Placing a hand on the trunk, the alchemist took a breath. As he did so, a new branch emerged, twisting and coiling outwards stopping just shy of where Sam stood. Leaves, far too bright for this time of year, suddenly sprouted; brilliant green against the pale whites and grays.

"I can assure you I do not feel powerful. It is a bit terrifying, honestly. Like with the lion, it is this..thing I do not really understand. People like me in Northaven could not have magic. So I never learned much about it."

remi
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

"Do th-they ever have anything interesting to say?" Obviously they could be useful, like the hawks were in helping to establish his store, but Sam wasn't sure if he'd go to a bird for conversation. But maybe he was wrong and they were full of entertaining anecdotes. Given his...boy...friend..? Was part bird, he supposed he shouldn't dismiss them so easily.

He watched, amazed, as Remi grew a branch from a cold and dead looking tree. "Oh, h-how wonderful!" Sam commented, reaching up to feel it as if he couldn't quite believe it would be real. Every time Remi did something so miraculous he felt his heart leap into action, not unlike the fresh growth on the grey tree.

"...Well..." Sam turned to look at Remi, tried to smile as comfortingly as he could. "I have n-not once seen you lose control of it. And...and I tru-trust you, Remi. More than most...more than any-anyone else I know." Glancing away, back down the path, he held Remi's hand with both of his for a moment before continuing to walk. "I...get told often to believe in m-myself more. And I know it is hard. But...but I think you should."

Samuel
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

"I guess that depends on your definition of interesting." Remi said with a grin. "Their minds do not necessarily work like ours, but it is amazing how they think."

The alchemist smiled, pulling his free hand away from the tree as Sam marveled at what he'd done. It felt very odd to have someone so impressed with what he could do, and Remi found himself utterly unsure how to respond. With a crooked smile, he shrugged his shoulders gently as they carried on.

Wilting slightly beneath Sam's clear and opulent gaze, Remi tried not to immediately dissuade him of the notion that he could be trusted. Indeed as the ascended said that he trusted Remi more than anyone else, the alchemist could practically feel the weight of Jigano's disapproval. Remi's eyes flitted back and forth between Sam's as his head tilted slightly to the side, wanting to shake his head no. "I..." Remi said, inhaling the freezing air sharply and tensing as it filled his lungs. "..do not know if I am as good as you think I am, Sam." He said quietly, half expected to hear a jeering bard's voice from the trees accusing him of having puppy-dog eyes. "The things I have done.." He shook his head, closing his eyes with a sigh as Sam gently took his other hand. "..But you are right. I will try." Remi added with a crooked smile.

'Have you tried the peppermint bark yet?" Remi asked as the Woodlands took on a minty scent, trying to rally and steer the conversation away from thoughts of reckless and dangerous lions.

remi

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Offline
Change author:
Some bears hibernated that was true, but when you were born with an extra set of lungs, legs, and a double-jaw fused together, something had to be jettisoned and apparently what got tossed out was the instinct to sleep when the snows came. Not the urge to fill its belly to the brim though.

Lumbering through the woodlands, the mutant bear shuffled on 6 legs, scenting the air with a nose that appeared far too short and too upright, though it did the job well enough.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

"..Hmm. I s-suppose it would be good to see the world from...a d-different perspective. Maybe a humbler one.." Animals, he thought, likely wouldn't judge him for his sensitivity or faults. He had recently gotten some experience interacting with animals more and had found to be generally positive...maybe a few more good times and he could consider getting a pet.

Remi said he wasn't as good as Sam thought; sentiments like that Sam understood, always worried his friends thought more of him than there really was. But still he shook his head and rested his forehead just gently on Remi's shoulder for a moment with a little smile (he was testing boundaries, seeing what was alright now). "You are n-not the things you might...might have done. You're you n-now, and he's...amazing." The last word was whispered with a special kind of reverence before he pulled away.

He let Remi pull the topic away to the trees around them. "Yes. Isla g-gave me some when I first had the upgrade. But..." Sam breathed in the scent, happily closing his eyes. "I would l-love to try it again."

Sam did not notice any large creatures in the woods beyond. He was too busy wrapped up in the new sensation of smell and the joy of having Remi so close. If he did hear any noise, he attributed it to just being the general sound of the forest.

Samuel
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

"I think you would be able to, if you..." Remi immediately regretted mentioning it—it of course being what Sam would have to do to gain said powers—and swallowed unsteadily, though with an undeniable heat suddenly in his gaze. Clearing his throat, Remi regarded the boughs of the trees around them, trying to rein his thoughts in.

Not so much taller than Sam was, Remi only really noticed the difference in height in moments like this; with Sam's head resting lightly against his shoulder, or how he had reached up to graze the alchemist's neck in the cave. Gently he turned in towards the gesture stifling a shiver that had nothing at all to do with the chill in the air.

You're you n-now. And who was that? Someone reckless? Childish, manipulative and a danger to be around, if Jigano was to be believed? Someone too willing to throw his life away for those he cared about? Someone who just wanted something he couldn't and shouldn't have? "I am just me." He whispered back, pale sea-glass green eyes alighting on Sam as he pulled away, both relieved at the distance and annoyed by it.

With a small smile, Remi slipped off his glove revealing a hand that had already taken on the form of a paw. Raking his claws down the side of a tree, he cut ribbons of peppermint bark away. The stuff on the outside was hard and without much flavour, but as the more supple bark within was revealed, the scent sprang into the air with a cheerful sort of sweetness. Returning claws to fingers, Remi held out a curled-slip of bark to Sam with a smile. "Vai has requested a peppermint flavoured alcohol for the Rathskeller." Remi said with a conversational shrug as he put a piece of the bark into his mouth to suck on.

Despite the predators laying dormant in his body, Remi was not overly observant, at least not when it came to the comings and goings of the natural world around him. So instead of focusing on the bear as it grew ever closer, Remi instead slouched against the tree, smiling down at Sam.

remi
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

Remi's mention of it went without comment, but not unnoticed. While Sam was not as fixated on the act as Remi, he was not a statue. The feelings it had flooded him with haunted him at night and made him want to try out his newfound touch in ways he would not tell anyone. He fully planned to bite Remi again (with permission of course) once they had established themselves as something more than trapped strangers.

He blinked in surprise at the paw but did not flinch, getting slowly used to Remi's partial shifts. Taking the bark, he nibbled on the edge and looked Remi over. It would be a good moment to kiss him, he thought, under a tree with the sweet smell of peppermint washing over them and a covering of snow all over...but Sam couldn't quite get the courage together to do it.

Instead he rested against the tree as well, leaning up close to Remi. He had no idea how to be seductive, how to make anybody consider him sexually or even attractive, but...Sam tried to untangle their hands so he could gently trace a finger up Remi's palm, looking up into his eyes as he took the peppermint into his mouth.

Not that it was a suggestion. He was far too proper for that kind of thing.

Slowly pulling the bark away from his lips, he asked quietly: "Do you...h-have...is there...a kind of...um...a-appearance you like, Remi? In...in m-men?"

Samuel

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Offline
Change author:
The sudden bright tang of peppermint bark did not rouse the bear's stomach, but where there was fresh peppermint bark, there was usually something with meaty bits prying away at it.

Lumbering forward on surprisingly silent legs, the bear shuffled into view of the alchemist. For a moment given its poor eyesight and the fact they were wrapped up in mostly earthen colours, he wasn't sure what he was looking at. But that shock of red hair? Even if it was just a squirrel, he wouldn't complain.

Rising up on his hind legs (all 3ish of them, the fourth sort of dangled weirdly), it placed a massive paw on a tree, sniffing the air. Bigger than squirrel it thought to itself hungrily, before dropping back to the ground, and charging at the duo.